shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba? Cuprian tourmaline diamond ring

Jemsy

Rough_Rock
Trade
Not sure if this is a true Paraiba tourmaline, but it is certified as copper bearing and I find it quite lovely. I don't really love the setting it's in but have been too lazy I guess to see about getting it remounted. There is a visible inclusion and I know this isn't the preferred color but it's MY favorite color. :)

It's a 2.89ct oval stone set in 18kt white gold with .75 ctw diamonds

LOTS of pictures!

paraiba_tourmaline_diamond_ring5.jpg

paraiba_tourmaline_diamond_ring_b.jpg

paraiba_tourmaline_diamond_ring_c.jpg

paraiba_tourmaline_diamond_ring_d.jpg

paraiba_tourmaline_diamond_ring_e.jpg

paraiba_tourmaline_diamond_ring_f.jpg

paraiba_tourmaline_diamond_ring_on_hand2.jpg

paraiba_tourmaline_diamond_ring_on_hand.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's one of my favorite colors too!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Mine too!

It looks gorgeous against your skin tone. Beautiful!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's close to my dream gem, which has maybe a little more blue. Very pretty! Looking at the pics of the ring alone, I thought it would benefit from a re-set, but then, when it's on your hand it looks really lovely. I guess re-setting it depends on how much you care & whether it's worth the effort for you.

It would be improved imho by a mounting of high-karat yellow or rose gold to bring out the nice stone color.

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Very lovely ring. Lucky you.

Annette

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, while it may not be top color, you aren't the only one who loves the color as I have your twin! I forget the weight, but I think its 3+ cts, in rose gold. Its eye clean and I find myself staring at it often. It definitely has a tilt window (and probably a larger window which has been minimized now that its set). It also has a pretty flat top, which bugs me...oops, MB stop talking about its faults and just show the darn thing!

2-22-13_cuprian_preview.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jemsy!!! Love your ring (but you already new that, in fact I think I called dibs when you first got it) :errrr:

I think my pendant might be a bit more green, but I'm sure they'd match at a distance. :naughty: My stone is quite included, but it glows so much it doesn't matter.

img_3005.jpg

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
I like your taste in colors!! Gorgeous....What else is in your jewelry box :Up_to_something:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color! My favorite as well ::)

colorluvr I'm in lust with that pendant!!!!!

Jemsy

Rough_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1362585318|3397928 said:
Ha, while it may not be top color, you aren't the only one who loves the color as I have your twin! I forget the weight, but I think its 3+ cts, in rose gold. Its eye clean and I find myself staring at it often. It definitely has a tilt window (and probably a larger window which has been minimized now that its set). It also has a pretty flat top, which bugs me...oops, MB stop talking about its faults and just show the darn thing!
That's stunning . . . and I love the setting you have for it. I am wondering which forum should I post to ask for resetting ideas?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a great question, and I sometimes debate that myself. I think over in SMTB, there is a more of a focus on settings for diamonds, with settings leaning towards the ER type. You see some rose gold, but most of it is 18k and platinum. Here, it seems there is generally more discussion on how to bring out the best in the stones color when setting, how to keep it from darkening, etc. so I would say over here there is more variety. if you put out there what you're looking for, the experts here will give you ideas as to which vendors to use and styles to think about. I hope that helps. Did you see the eyecandy thread at the top of this page? There are hundreds of pages of rings and settings to looks at and get ideas from.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RT is full of people who are setting experts who know which vendors are best for which style you want and your budget. That said, they are very diamond oriented so their suggestions will not take colour into consideration. SMTB doesn't have the traffic for setting questions as it is geared towards showing off a completed piece of jewellery.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
SUPER pretty color!!!! I would love a stone with that tone, yum!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Minous, your ring is lovely. Do you have a thread on it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty cuprian, enjoy.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love it just as it is. In fact I think the side 3 or 6 diamond arrangement is one I'm attracted to because they can be slightly larger than the typical melee.

Anyway... I'll happily take it off your hands - literally :))

Ditto to Minou and colorluvr!!

Jeepers I adore this colour, cuprian, paraiba or not :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results