carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1408996564|3739118 said:
Oregon Swallowtail Butterfly sipping nectar from my Zinnias this morning. I love summer.

What wonderful photos! I love zinnias - they just shout "Summer!"

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe my mom sometimes.... :-o :lol: :wall: :naughty:

So the last family event she went to, she had 1 of her 2 very attention getting blingy BGDs on. My dad's cousin grabs her hand and is like, oh, it's so beautiful! I want to get a nice sized diamond ring like that too! Where did you get it? I heard you can get good deals online, but I don't know how to. So my mom goes, you live by a really nice mall. Just go to Cartier, Tiffany's or Harry Winston and you won't have to worry about getting tricked into a poor quality purchase. :naughty:

I was like, MOM... you are SO BAD! Why would you do that? I'd gladly help her diamond search!

I can HEAR her roll her eyes over the phone. OH... you know how picky they are and they'll complain if you refer them somewhere and they have a bad experience.

HAHAHHAA... too much... seriously... HAHAHHAA :dance: :lol:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Ooh lovely! I'm sure BGD should be able to plate that for you. It's metal and conducts electricity - that's usually all you need.
Can I borrow it sometime? :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I was clearing up some health insurance questions my husband had for me after having my last annual checkup.

One of his questions...do you have to fast for a pap-smear? :lol:

Those are the kind of questions you get from a guy who grew up
With 4 brothers and no sisters! :tongue:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Useful advice for all -- do NOT have life insurance only through your work!

I'd been pushing DH but not too worried (he'd been there 10 years) and he kept pushing it off. Had a nurse out a week or two ago. Now they want medical records. Could be another month or more before they offer coverage.

The life insurance through work ends on 9/15...

Hoping the underwriters hurry it up already. After all the challenges of dealing with A's mother and then the months of no pay (disabled but claim denied :nono: ), there isn't enough in savings if anything happened to DH. I'd lose the house, car, everything.

Trying to not let DH know how worried I am. He has enough to worry about getting set up with a business at home (and interviewing if that doesn't work)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1409937286|3745499 said:
So I was clearing up some health insurance questions my husband had for me after having my last annual checkup.

Tell him yeah, but it's a different kind of "fast". ;))

j/k!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand on-line shopping sites that make you register and give up private information just to look. Sites like Joss & Main, and Zulily. I just won't do that - the rebel in me won't let me. So I guess I should thank these sites for the time and money they've saved me with their idiotic requirement! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1409945148|3745579 said:

j/k!

Hahaha that's true. We do have to abstain from SI for 48 hours I think... ::)

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
the lovely older gentleman directly upstairs from me was found dead this morning on his bed. I expect it was a heart attack as he was 81. However, he had just returned thursday from two months in Africa (Ivory coast) and had spent some time there in hospital for a UTI. The day he returned his toilet broke and it all came down through my ceiling. I cleaned it all up with mr clean and plumbers came the next day to repair. Now the apartment is sealed until the coronor determines...

eta: he was a lovely man and neighbor. Here he is giving a tour of a private collection, which appears to be the collection of Thomas Armann?

http://vimeo.com/63833070

April20

Ideal_Rock
missy|1409945636|3745588 said:

j/k!

Really? Oh crap. Yeah. Never heard that. I wonder if it can skew results.........

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
April20|1410436044|3748928 said:
missy|1409945636|3745588 said:

j/k!

Really? Oh crap. Yeah. Never heard that. I wonder if it can skew results.........

Yes it can unfortunately. I am surprised that some (many?) gynecologists don't better educate their patients. Here's some info.

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/papsmears/ht/preparepapsmear.htm

Do not use vaginal douches for at least 3 days prior to your appointment.
Refrain from sexual intercourse for 48 hours prior to your appointment.
Do not use tampons, birth control foams or jellies for 48 hours prior to your appointment.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
This week has been one of the worst in my life so far.
Issues with my dog.
DHs step grandfather passed away on 9/10
My grandmother passed away on 9/13

I feel horrible because I can't make it home for the funeral in Korea- but for some reason, the funeral is happening really fast instead of the typical 3 day event.

Now my entire Korean family is torn apart - I have never seen so much greed, it's extremely disappointing.

My childhood friends who went to pay their respects were turned away at the entrance.
2 of my own cousins were turned away at the entrance.
All because one of my aunts wanted it to be family only (and doesn't consider the cousins yo be of blood since she simply doesn't like them)

My mom keeps telling me that she wishes I was there because she knows that I wouldn't take any of this sh*t.

And the worst part?
I was informed of my grandmother's death via Facebook status - the moment it happened. ?to me, that's the ultimate disrespect. Instead of spending the last few moments of her grandmother's life with her, she had the Damn status ready to go.

I'm sad and mad.
Sad because I know my grandmother would be so disappointed, and mad because I have so many fools in my family.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas - :blackeye:

I'm so sorry that you are unable to be with your family at this time, and that your family and grandmother are being disrespected by one apparently petty and self-centered aunt. It must hurt terribly to watch, even from a distance. Many hugs to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas, I'm so sorry about your dear grandmother (and your dh's step grandfather) and that you cannot be there in person to mourn with your family. :cry:
And I am sorry about your family members who are behaving badly. Most people have little sense and pettiness rules with these people. How aggravating this is and I am sorry you are dealing with this ever but especially at this time. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending (((hugs))) your way.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas, I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this. I can tell from your post how hurt and angry you are by actions of your aunt.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologize in advance for unleashing this on all your untainted minds, but I simply could not resist passing on the admonishment in this ad:

090414_panties_160x600.gif

(perhaps we need a "no comment" thread!)

(Or maybe we should call it the "ADHD spoken here" thread :wink2: )

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just noticed I was at my 7,899th post ... figured I'd come here for lucky #7900! Eight years on PriceScope, almost 8000 posts ... at least I'm consistent? But daaaaaaaaaaaang am I a slow poster. I remember people who started at the same time I did hitting the 10k mark in something like one year!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1413820968|3769800 said:
Just noticed I was at my 7,899th post ... figured I'd come here for lucky #7900! Eight years on PriceScope, almost 8000 posts ... at least I'm consistent? But daaaaaaaaaaaang am I a slow poster. I remember people who started at the same time I did hitting the 10k mark in something like one year!

Hi Circe! :wavey:

You and I are both consistently slow *sigh*. I will say this - your postings are consistently interesting and well thought-out!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1413822306|3769824 said:

You and I are both consistently slow *sigh*. I will say this - your postings are consistently interesting and well thought-out!

Yes I agree. Your posts are always interesting and enjoyable and congratulations! Personally if my summer had been uneventful I would have been way below the 8K mark. And not that I don't appreciate PS I do but I would much rather have had an uneventful summer and less posts LOL.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1413824231|3769845 said:
VRBeauty|1413822306|3769824 said:

Yes I agree. Your posts are always interesting and enjoyable and congratulations! Personally if my summer had been uneventful I would have been way below the 8K mark. And not that I don't appreciate PS I do but I would much rather have had an uneventful summer and less posts LOL.

Missy -- I'm glad you've been posting through all of the eventfulness. That said.... I hope you have a very boring life soon!

Circe -- I am so glad you have been here for 8 years and that you are a "slow poster". Your posts are always well thought out and a real pleasure to read even if I don't hold the same opinion as you in some areas. Each of your posts is clearly considered and your opinions are clearly explained.

VR -- Same comment for you! I'd rather read your "slow" consistently thought out posts than a dozen quick posts :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you TooPatient! You and me both. Boring is the new black. Or is that orange? :cheeky:
I hope all is going smoothly by you and that life is happily uneventful (in a good way). :wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanna say that I am sick to death of being asked when I am due.

So I had my annual appointment at the Gyno last night right, walking down the hall to my little exam room, and my doctor who I love hollers down the hall "Hi Ame! We can really see that baby now!". um. You know I no haz babby in there. You know you're putting another Mirena in me in like 10 days. WHY. WHY WOULD YOU YELL THAT! I think her nurse was like "uh, she's not pregnant" after she got me in the room, bec it never came up again and she acted all weird and animated after that. I mean, she's animated anyway, but still.

Maybe this will be some motivation. My own gynecologist thinks I look pregnant. People rub my stomach all the time, RANDOM PEOPLE, asking me when I am due, and what I am having (it takes me a few minutes sometimes to realize they don't mean what food did you order!)....My regular doctor addressed that I should consider surgical intervention since I've gained and lost the same 50lbs like 5 times in 3 years. Maybe she's right.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So stressed. So the first quarter sucked: didn't have a math teacher for the first month, the reading teacher we had didn't last a month, the reading teacher we got to replace her was out for almost 2 weeks for personal issues :(sad ;( ;( ;( , our writing teacher is out on maternity leave. All within the first quarter. NOW only a little over a week into the 2nd quarter and two teachers are out, including our team lead who is great. It just sucks. I so can't wait until Christmas break as I don't see it getting better till then....ugh. It sucks being half of the pair who holds up the whole team esp when the other half is out two days in a row.... :(

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Kellinas I'm a month late but hugs honey I'm so sorry. Sorry about everything and your family. I can't even imagine.

As for me I'm sick....i mean have been sick for days. I feel to crappy to even go to the doctor. I'm such a sourpuss.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1413895695|3770311 said:
I just wanna say that I am sick to death of being asked when I am due.

So I had my annual appointment at the Gyno last night right, walking down the hall to my little exam room, and my doctor who I love hollers down the hall "Hi Ame! We can really see that baby now!". um. You know I no haz babby in there. You know you're putting another Mirena in me in like 10 days. WHY. WHY WOULD YOU YELL THAT! I think her nurse was like "uh, she's not pregnant" after she got me in the room, bec it never came up again and she acted all weird and animated after that. I mean, she's animated anyway, but still.

Maybe this will be some motivation. My own gynecologist thinks I look pregnant. People rub my stomach all the time, RANDOM PEOPLE, asking me when I am due, and what I am having (it takes me a few minutes sometimes to realize they don't mean what food did you order!)....My regular doctor addressed that I should consider surgical intervention since I've gained and lost the same 50lbs like 5 times in 3 years. Maybe she's right.

Hey ame, I am sorry people behave so stupidly. I don't know why anyone with any brains would say something like that to you without knowing for sure you are pregnant. Insensitive, careless and stupid behavior. :nono:

Just want to add a caveat here. My close friend had gastric bypass a number of years ago in her early twenties (She's 29 now) and she developed major GI issues afterwards which I learned is not uncommon after these gastric procedures to help with weight loss. Please be careful and do all your research before you decide. She feels it was worth it but from my POV OMG. My dear friend suffers with severe GI pain and is on longterm PPI's maybe for the rest of her life which has its own implications.

She is in a lot of discomfort/pain much of the time that I cannot help but feel it was NOT worth it. But of course like her YMMV and she is still happy she did it. Just want to say think long and hard and don't let anyone sway you to do it if your heart is not in it. Being thin is overrated. Being healthy is everything and nothing else is as important as that for quality of life IMO.

Hi Cozy, I am sorry you are going through such a stressful time and hope things improve soon!

Sarah, get yourself to a doctor girlfriend and feel better. Sending healing vibes and hugs across the miles to you.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am stunned. We have been friends with a couple since we lived next door to each other in San Francisco, about 30 yrs ago. They now live an hour from us here in the south & we see them as often as we can. For a reason I can't fathom, they've always been really poor -- Fred had good jobs & Susie worked too but I don't think Fred knew how to negotiate for what he was worth. Now they are in their 60s & 70s & both teaching instead of being retired. Live on tiny salaries & SS, drive a million-yr-old car, inhabit the cutest tiniest cottage in a dump of an old mill town, fear illness because of expense, etc.

Until now. Susie wrote a best seller!! Bound to be, don't you think? Historical novel -- 5 publishers in a bidding war. She said 2 dropped out when the money got too high, gulp. She went with one that was not the most money up front, but offered better % royalties & a good marketing budget. To me, that has "movie rights" written all over it. Not to mention Best Seller. It just sold so won't be out for at least a year, but WOW am I happy for them!!! Nobody has earned it more!!!

Had to get this off my chest. This doesn't happen to real people one knows!

--- Laurie

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1414324649|3772849 said:
Wow, I am stunned. We have been friends with a couple since we lived next door to each other in San Francisco, about 30 yrs ago. They now live an hour from us here in the south & we see them as often as we can. For a reason I can't fathom, they've always been really poor -- Fred had good jobs & Susie worked too but I don't think Fred knew how to negotiate for what he was worth. Now they are in their 60s & 70s & both teaching instead of being retired. Live on tiny salaries & SS, drive a million-yr-old car, inhabit the cutest tiniest cottage in a dump of an old mill town, fear illness because of expense, etc.

Until now. Susie wrote a best seller!! Bound to be, don't you think? Historical novel -- 5 publishers in a bidding war. She said 2 dropped out when the money got too high, gulp. She went with one that was not the most money up front, but offered better % royalties & a good marketing budget. To me, that has "movie rights" written all over it. Not to mention Best Seller. It just sold so won't be out for at least a year, but WOW am I happy for them!!! Nobody has earned it more!!!

Had to get this off my chest. This doesn't happen to real people one knows!

--- Laurie

Wow that is super awesome!!
I have never visited this thread before! I am SO GLAD I dropped in!! :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thank you on their parts, Lara. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it. I think it's going to be the first truly rags to riches people I know! It's her 2nd novel -- 1st one didn't sell after months of revisions on her agent's insistence. You read about this kind of thing but never see it happen close to home. Cool stuff.

--- Laurie

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very exciting, Laurie! I hope Susie's book becomes a bestseller.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results