shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me real life perspective shots of tennis bracelets

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.09 ctw, ok, not the brightest or sparkliest stones, but I liked the setting.

All of the ones I'm posting are the roundish setting that I originally wanted.

_22038.jpg

_22039.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5.65 ctw, 13.5 pointers. great setting.

Very pretty too!

_22040.jpg

_22041.jpg

_22042.jpg

_22043.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1410048947|3746185 said:
5.65 ctw, 13.5 pointers. great setting.

Very pretty too!

This one is my favorite ... did you buy it? :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8.1 ctw, most sparkly and white of everything all day

If money were no object...

_22044.jpg

_22045.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy one of each then you can stack them like I do :love:

It really is your choice, both are beautiful and look great on you.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, thanks for posting, how neat you got to go to a jewelry show! Fun, & that red & purple Rolex was something!! I loved it!

Ok, that 2 ct was sweet--I do think you can also carry a larger bracelet well, especially with your ering & watch. A lot to think about!

Line vs round--hmmm, even though I have the WF 3 prong that I love, I really like the looks of the square hybrid line bracelet you posted from your jewelers. I also like Flutist's idea of stacking, I saw this gal once who had 4 beautiful diamond bracelets on, & she looked so elegant with her entire ensemble, never have forgotten it. You are certainly taking your time, considering & studying your options. You will make the right choice, can't wait!

After the day today, what are you thinking about all that you saw?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every size stone looks great on you.

My personal preference is to go for the best diamonds you can afford (white and sparkly) and make stone size secondary. They will hold their own against larger stones of lesser quality and if you want a bigger effect, you can always buy another later to stack or trade up when the budget allows. Of course its a biased opinion as that was what I did. Even though my budget was probably much less than yours, I would do the same - quality over size.

I bought mine at the gem show as well. The vendor was no dummy...she put the first one on me and I hesitated because it was much smaller than what I was looking for. So she took the tags off and told me to wear it as I shopped around. Other bracelets in my price range with larger stones that looked good before, paled side-by-side. It really made the decision to go smaller a no-brainer for me.

When I could afford something slightly larger, I went back and she said I could trade the first bracelet in for full price. But the next size she had was too dressy for what I wanted for every day. So we tried adding the second smaller bracelet. When I liked the effect, she again took the tag off and told me to go shop around. Again, my decision was simple. That is how I ended up with the combination in my pictures. While I know they are premies, the diamonds hold their own and don't look as small as they really are.

You do know that you can negotiate prices as well, right?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just must post a few more, because I am still very undecided, and needed to show you all this one, which I cannot get out of my mind. Please tell me what you think.

This is a perfectly fitting bangle, with just stones on the top side. I have NEVER had a bangle fit my bony a$$ 5.25 inch wrists. This snapped on, touching my arm perfectly. PERFECTLY. I almost died. It was so stunning.

Total carat was about 3.5. There are 15 stones, I think from just counting on the picture.

If I can't forget about this, should I consider it??

I wrote it off b/c I wasn't considering a bangle. My husband called it chunky looking. I love the look. But it's nothing I was looking for...

large_bangle_1.jpg

large_bangle_2.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for posting more pictures. But the more I look at them, the better I can tell what I like and why.

Another close up of my jeweler's.

A close up of my favorite setting from the gem show. I know why I like it the best, because it's still round but set very closely together.

I am comparing it to the following, round setting but more space between each stone, I think. From far away, I think it looks too dis-continuous for my taste.

Thanks for letting me keep posting. :wavey:

jewelers_close_up_1.png

best_setting_6.png

_22046.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1410057164|3746239 said:
Oh wow, thanks for posting, how neat you got to go to a jewelry show! Fun, & that red & purple Rolex was something!! I loved it!

Ok, that 2 ct was sweet--I do think you can also carry a larger bracelet well, especially with your ering & watch. A lot to think about!

Line vs round--hmmm, even though I have the WF 3 prong that I love, I really like the looks of the square hybrid line bracelet you posted from your jewelers. I also like Flutist's idea of stacking, I saw this gal once who had 4 beautiful diamond bracelets on, & she looked so elegant with her entire ensemble, never have forgotten it. You are certainly taking your time, considering & studying your options. You will make the right choice, can't wait!

After the day today, what are you thinking about all that you saw?

Hi Sarahb, so after looking at all these bracelets, I have a better understanding of what I want. Now that I think about it, I love the 2.2 ctw skinny one, but I could get that another time in the future. The piece I am working on is the classic piece. Once I get it, I won't feel like I need another (I hope, like my studs.).

So I will go for larger this go round, meaning at least 11 points. Classic substantial piece. On my wrist, this meets the criteria.

Like lilmosun said:

lilmosun said:
My personal preference is to go for the best diamonds you can afford (white and sparkly) and make stone size secondary. They will hold their own against larger stones of lesser quality

When I was at the jewelry show, the ones that stood out were the sparkliest and whitest stones. The ones at my jeweler were G and good cut, and I did not think they were white enough or sparkly enough for my taste. So they are bringing another batch for me, F and excellent cut stones. At the jewelry show, only two vendors and memorably sparkly and white stones. My mom bought the skinny one, and the other was the most expensive, and negotiated just a little. I understand why. She was also the one that made the amazing bangle.

So I think ideally, I want the style of the best setting at the gem show, with the stones I want, hopefully 12 pointers at least. There, I think I figured it out. Unless of course I consider the fabulous bangle...

I will need to stick to my jeweler because I have a credit with them. I really like them, and they are willing to keep working on it until I am happy. Otherwise, these gem shows are very tempting...

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1410061789|3746278 said:
A close up of my favorite setting from the gem show. I know why I like it the best, because it's still round but set very closely together.

Love this one...but it seems like its the polar opposite from the bangle? So is the interest in the bangle possibly because you can also get more diamond for the $ since its only on one-side? Personally, I think the tennis bracelet is more versatile.

I think its great that you are shopping around so you will have no regrets. No matter what we think - find the bracelet that you keep going back to and makes your forget all the others. Then its the right one for you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1410062976|3746285 said:
LLJsmom|1410061789|3746278 said:

Love this one...but it seems like its the polar opposite from the bangle? So is the interest in the bangle possibly because you can also get more diamond for the $ since its only on one-side? Personally, I think the tennis bracelet is more versatile.

I think its great that you are shopping around so you will have no regrets. No matter what we think - find the bracelet that you keep going back to and makes your forget all the others. Then its the right one for you.

Yes, you're right. It's the one I keep going back to in my mind. I like the bangle because it's so clean and bold and blingy. But my gut says to go for the tennis bracelet. So that is what I am going to do this time. But I just wanted to see what you all thought. As for the skinny one, I can get the skinny one another time, or go borrow it from my mom...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were to get a bangle, I'd go for one of the WF ones. They are a lot more wearable than that gorgeous, but very blingy bangle.

But those don't take the place of a tennis bracelet. I also prefer stones set close together, so I prefer a 4 prong setting. I like the one you said was your favorite. At least you now have some price comps and WF also has good price comps for high quality stones.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1410068158|3746305 said:
If I were to get a bangle, I'd go for one of the WF ones. They are a lot more wearable than that gorgeous, but very blingy bangle.

But those don't take the place of a tennis bracelet. I also prefer stones set close together, so I prefer a 4 prong setting. I like the one you said was your favorite. At least you now have some price comps and WF also has good price comps for high quality stones.

Hi Diamondseeker, yes, I did get the prices for all the pieces. Thanks for reminding me about WF's prices. Most of the ones at the gem shows were cheaper than WF, but most of them were just "meh" in the sparkle and color factor. That would explain why they were priced lower. The one vendor that had AMAZING stones, prices are comparable to WF.

WF has a 5 ctw that has 46 stones, which makes the stone 10.9 pointers. The price is $7475. May seem steep compared to most of the ones I saw today, but not the priciest vendor. WF is a good base line for pricing for the best stones.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that setting that you posted as the one you loved from the show--the pic of your phone pic.

Of course, all this is all IMHO stuff, and your YMMV, but I would prefer a bracelet over the bangle especially since this would be a core piece, ie, prioritize the bracelet first, as it would make a versatile addition to your collection.

You've done all your homework--you're in good shape. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi my Tennis bracelet search support group,

I've been wearing my mom's little sparkly all day today, testing out a just-under-5.75 length, cause her wrist is smaller than mine, 5 inches!! And it is the perfect length. Yay! I've decided on something. I definitely cannot go longer than 5.75. Any longer and it would be touching my hand, which really irritates me.

I am definitely sure I want at least 4 carats. The 2 carat size is just a stacking size. Super light and I forget I even have it on. I can see how DSS has already set in for this size...

Now I'm torn as to how straight I want it to look, vs. round.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, bracelets touching your hand would start to hurt if you used a mouse all day. :lol:

You'll just have to decide what works and looks the best on you as our opinions really don't count.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for starting this thread! I have been stalking it to see what you decide! I'm also in the middle of shopping for a tennis bracelet upgrade, so I'm eagerly watching this thread for ideas!

Which bracelet option has captured your attention? I do feel like bigger is better with these bracelets, especially if you're planning to wear it with a watch. I wear mine with a watch, and I like a bracelet that has some presence so it's not lost next to my watch.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJ, am going out this am & am weaing my original pre PS bracelet, (it's 18k/platinum, I think 6.5 TCW) took some comparison pics for you. The most obvious thing to me is the difference between my old one vs the WF ACA's.

(That first photo is showing not only upside down but the image has also been reversed, anyone know how to correct, or even if it is something we can rectify upon upload?)

_22143.jpg

_22142.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb,

I really like the mixed baguettes and rounds, please tell us more about it. :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why thank you cflutist, it is humbled though in the presence of yours--wow!! :love: :love:

It was a gift from hubby it back in the late 90s, I do love it, just wished the diamonds were of better quality--we were still back in the rock ages as far as 'knowing' about cut etc. Back in those days we patronized an established jewelry store downtown that had been in business for well over 100 years. But as we all realize now, the internet has changed many things...when I received our first WF purchase, I knew right then I wanted to upgrade my bracelet.

It is 18k gold around the baguettes, & platinum around the rounds. I used to wear it non-stop as it matched my other Rolex so well, which is the 26mm version (of LLJ's 31mm), below. They went well together.

_22148.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1410230939|3747474 said:
Thank you for starting this thread! I have been stalking it to see what you decide! I'm also in the middle of shopping for a tennis bracelet upgrade, so I'm eagerly watching this thread for ideas!

Which bracelet option has captured your attention? I do feel like bigger is better with these bracelets, especially if you're planning to wear it with a watch. I wear mine with a watch, and I like a bracelet that has some presence so it's not lost next to my watch.

HI Jill,

I'm actually leaning toward a straighter less separated look, if I can find one that doesn't show too much metal or is too high set. I'm kinda surprised myself. The separated stone look is very beautiful up close, but I love the line of bling from a distance. It's funny though cause the line of bling look will cost more since it uses more stones. We'll just have to see what gives. I hope to see something from my jeweler this weekend. I keep going back, to look at more setting and different stones. Being patient is not my strong suit.

Btw, I'm probably not going higher than 12 points, cause it might be too costly. And I know I am paying more with this jeweler. I'm ok with that for now, as long as I love it. I did get used to wearing a 2 ctw and it was pretty but I did get DSS in a day. OMG...

If you have pics from your search please share. And what are you thinking about? Style, size, vendor, etc?? I'm excited for you too!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1410307299|3748084 said:
Why thank you cflutist, it is humbled though in the presence of yours--wow!! :love: :love:

It was a gift from hubby it back in the late 90s, I do love it, just wished the diamonds were of better quality--we were still back in the rock ages as far as 'knowing' about cut etc. Back in those days we patronized an established jewelry store downtown that had been in business for well over 100 years. But as we all realize now, the internet has changed many things...when I received our first WF purchase, I knew right then I wanted to upgrade my bracelet.

It is 18k gold around the baguettes, & platinum around the rounds. I used to wear it non-stop as it matched my other Rolex so well, which is the 26mm version (of LLJ's 31mm), below. They went well together.

Hi sarahb, thanks so much for posting more pics. I love them all! And actually our watches are the same size. Mine is a 26mm too. It just might look a little bigger cause my wrist is so small. To me, just by the size of it, it looks like a very feminine watch to me. I love your blinged up version. For some strange reason, I think my next big project will be a watch with bling. Oh no!!!!!!!! :Up_to_something: I'm no where near being done with this one!! But I'm almost 100% sure I am going with Rolex. I can't help it. I just love them.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I LOVE THAT BANGLE. <3<3<3

Here's a shot of mine, and a link to the thread ... looking at all the big bold beauties on here really brings home just HOW much bigger rounds face up than french cuts! But I wouldn't trade this one in, I think: it feels subtle enough that I can wear it anywhere, but unusual enough that I never feel like it's anything but exquisitely fancy. Win-win!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/french-cut-diamond-tennis-or-line-bracelet.202651/

french_cut_bracelet.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This thread is amazing and oh, so dangerous...

:love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1410369566|3748467 said:
I LOVE THAT BANGLE. <3<3<3

Here's a shot of mine, and a link to the thread ... looking at all the big bold beauties on here really brings home just HOW much bigger rounds face up than french cuts! But I wouldn't trade this one in, I think: it feels subtle enough that I can wear it anywhere, but unusual enough that I never feel like it's anything but exquisitely fancy. Win-win!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/french-cut-diamond-tennis-or-line-bracelet.202651/

Circe, I love the look of that bracelet. I o really get the feel that it is "fancy", in the most gorgeous way. What an outstanding piece! :appl: Thanks for posting.

felle442

Rough_Rock
Rosebloom....You are so right. I can't stop thinking about quite a few I've seen on this thread....oh boy! Lol!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot that I tried on a 8+ct line bracelet this summer. Wish I had better pics of it, but it was blingtastic in real life:

img_6884.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1410625599|3750373 said:
I forgot that I tried on a 8+ct line bracelet this summer. Wish I had better pics of it, but it was blingtastic in real life:

Gosh, that looks perfect with your solitaire. PERFECT. I hope you will add something similar to your permanent collection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results