shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC in Art Deco Emerald setting

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love: The diamond is a beauty and the setting is so special and lovely. A great find!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Proof positive that we are TERRIBLE influence on each other's wallets ;-) So glad you finally have her on your hand!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love emeralds in settings and your ring is gorgeous!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how intricate and unique this is! And :appl: for setting that beautiful stone east-west. Enjoy your gorgeous ring!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enerchi|1410041813|3746151 said:
LOVE the emerald setting - such beautiful delicate detail in that find!!! Your stone is TDF!! Its beautiful, and I think the warmth looks perfect combined w the emeralds.

I'm also loving your emerald eternity - double yum!

Thanks Enerchi! The funny thing is, the emerald eternity came first ... I picked it up because I'm a completist and I thought it would be nice to get all of the precious gems in eternity. And now the complementary pieces outnumber my others. It was meant to be!

And thank you, too, for the compliment on the warmth + green ... at first I was a little nervous, but after playing around with it, I think green may be the best compare/contrast stone for warm diamonds (or at least the ones I've seen, anyway). Color wheel logic? Dunno, but I'm happy with the effect. :twirl:

motownmama said:
I'm in love with your new ring - wowza!!!!!!

Thanks, Motownmama!

luv2sparkle said:
What a gorgeous set!!! Love love love. It is really a special ring and I love the emerald band with it! Perfect!

Thank you, Luv - I appreciate it!

Calliecake said:
Circe, This ring is to die for. Then again I feel this way about a lot of your jewels! It could not be more gorgeous!!!! This ring needs to be featured in Diamond Eye Candy

Hee, thank you! It's definitely diamond eye candy for me ... my husband has started to point and laugh when he sees me surreptitiously taking photos of it. :roll: :lol:

mom2boys said:
Such a romantic stone and setting! Love, love, love... :love:

Thank you, M2B! I was just going through the CUSHION CUTS! thread and came across a link to your 5 carat AVC ... now THAT's a cushion. To quote Motownmama ... wowza!

derbygal said:
I am absolutely smitten with everything about this ring. Really love it! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you, Derbygal!

TruLuv858 said:
This ring is absolutely spectacular! No doubt about it, fabulous find!!!!! :love:

Thanks TL858! I feel very diva-esque when I wear it. :devil:

arkieb1 said:
Wow, that is a gorgeous stone!!!!! You find the best things!!!!

Thank you, Arkie! Back atcha - I still go back to the threads on Lola & Charlie to sigh wistfully sometimes. :rodent:

April20 said:
I love love love this setting. It's so perfect.

Thanks, April! I'm really thrilled with it. The emeralds are so green.

EvangelineG said:
This is officially one of my Favourite. Rings. Ever. Wow!! Just wow. :love:

The profile view on the setting is incredible!

Thanks, Evangeline - that's high praise 'round these parts, considering all the glorious eye candy! BTW, I love your username - Evangeline is one of my hands-down, all-time favorite names. So pretty & feminine & evocative of better days!

Harpertoo said:
Beautiful ring! :love:
Enjoy!

Thank you, Harper!

staci76 said:
:love: :love: Wow Circe, your new OMC diamond & the Art Deco setting are both absolutely stunning!!! I really love the gallery with the curlicues and the emeralds in the setting look divine. :love: :love:

Thanks, Staci! The combination of the stark deco lines & color with the curvature of the gallery and the curvaceousness of the stone is a big part of what makes me love it so much - opposites don't just attract, they improve. :ugeek:

diamondseeker2006 said:
Gorgeous, Circe!! :love: :love: :love: Oh, I really love the setting!! It is fabulous! Does he have any more "new old stock" settings???

Thanks, DS! I'm not sure ... that man has an endless number of magic tricks, from what I can tell. At one point he brought out a 15 carat + OMC. It was exquisite.

Rhapsody said:
And the precious finally reveals itself! I've been dying to see what was worth the purge of so many other gorgeous pieces.

It is smashingly beautiful. I love the shape of that stone, and the setting does such a good job of bringing out the square yet rounded-ness of it. And emeralds. Sigh. Everything should have emeralds. Love. Love. Jealous. Love. :love: =)

You have quite the happy little family now, they all play so well together!

Congratulations!

Heh, thanks Rhapsody! It took a while, but it was worth it ... as much as I loved some of those pieces, this guy is worth it to me. I'd been craving a really straight-up old cut for a while. My transitional is beautifully sparkly, my big french cut is white and hugineormous looking, but this is just pure Edith-Wharton-Style candlelight perfection. I swoon!

Candygrl said:
Gorgeous! Congratulations on such a beautiful ring :love:

Thank you Candygrl!

lknvrb4 said:
I adore your ring and how the diamond is set east/west. I think the setting compliments the diamond beautifully. :love:

Thanks lknvrb4! I'm really pleased with how the e-w setting turned out. I think n-s cushions look amazing, too, but this ticks off the little ticky-box craving that started my first year on the boards, when one poster had the most scrumptious marquise set e-w in a setting by Greenlake. Cushion, deco, e-w ... TRIFECTA! :dance:

missy said:
Circe, your new ring is incredible. I love everything about it. The setting is TDF :love: and that OMC is OMG. :love: The gallery and side view is :love:
You know I think Adam has an amazing collection and is a doll to boot. Wear your new bling in much health and happiness. :appl:

Thanks, Missy! He really does knock it out of the park every time - every stone I see him pick on here is a winner. Bea neck-and-neck with the best of them!!! Actually, I think it may have been your write-up of getting Bea that planted the seed in my head that one of these days, I just had to visit OWD in person. So thank you for kicking off the obsession! :wavey:

bbziggy said:
Wow! Really so beautiful! Such a unique setting too! I love the emerald accent stones! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love:

Thank you, BB!

junebug17 said:
This is fabulous Circe, gorgeous stone and holy moly, what a setting! The way the emeralds are set is beyond cool, and those claw prongs! I love new old stock, you get a vintage piece without the wear and tear lol! :cheeky: Congrats on finding such a winner, you must be so thrilled to own this! :appl:

Junebug, YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS, exactly! It's the best of both worlds. Thank you! I've never seen another like this - it's very satisfying, somehow. :lickout:

thecat said:
:love: The diamond is a beauty and the setting is so special and lovely. A great find!

Thanks, TC!

k_darling said:
Proof positive that we are TERRIBLE influence on each other's wallets ;-) So glad you finally have her on your hand!

Yeah, but a great influence on one another's jewelery collections - thanks, babe!

kathley said:
I love emeralds in settings and your ring is gorgeous!

Thank you Kathley!!!

KristyDarling said:
I love how intricate and unique this is! And :appl: for setting that beautiful stone east-west. Enjoy your gorgeous ring!

Thanks, Kristy! Your big, beautiful three carat OMC was one of the first stones that made me think, ooooooh, cushions ... I can't remember how many times I went back to ogle your thread. Very much appreciated!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So y'all remember how I mentioned my husband cracking up every time he caught me taking photos?

... yeah ....

_22068.jpg

_22071.jpg

_22072.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looked up "gorgeous", "beautiful" and "stunning" in the dictionary, and your ring was pictured for each. Congratulations on this incredible piece! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my oh my oh my!!!!! I ADORE this ring. Wow! What a find!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
... FIRE. SO MUCH FIRE.

And here are a couple of comparison shots of it next to the big french cut. I love them both, but I think they'll have to stay on separate hands ... proof that there is perhaps too much of a good thing! The contrast of the two of them right next to one another is probably the warmest I've seen the OMC.

ETA: thanks, Jenn! You made me LOL as I was editing. :lol:

Son of ETA: Thanks, Rosebloom! Next time you're in town, we should check out 47th together ... :naughty:

_22073.jpg

_22074.jpg

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! The stone and ring are so elegant, love the emeralds too. It is perfect with your set so it was obviously meant to be :D

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Just marvelous! This and your ruby ring are just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Agnasia|1410163711|3746850 said:
Absolutely beautiful! The stone and ring are so elegant, love the emeralds too. It is perfect with your set so it was obviously meant to be :D

Thanks, Agnasia! Bashert. :praise:

SB621 said:
Just marvelous! This and your ruby ring are just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, SB! I think they might be too Christmassy together (alas), but, hey, since some fraction of my heritage is Russian Orthodox .... :Up_to_something: :cheeky:

In the meantime, I am feeling quite please as my Sepkus band fits again - I think this may be my favorite pairing so far!

sepkus_pairing.jpg

sepkus_2.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1410139285|3746731 said:
... FIRE. SO MUCH FIRE.

And here are a couple of comparison shots of it next to the big french cut. I love them both, but I think they'll have to stay on separate hands ... proof that there is perhaps too much of a good thing! The contrast of the two of them right next to one another is probably the warmest I've seen the OMC.

ETA: thanks, Jenn! You made me LOL as I was editing. :lol:

Son of ETA: Thanks, Rosebloom! Next time you're in town, we should check out 47th together ... :naughty:

Circe, You are killing me!!! The big French cut ring is as gorgeous and the OMC ring. How on earth do you find these beauties. Do you have a waiting list for those wanting to purchase your rings when you tire of them. If so what is your fee to be added to the list! All joking aside your collection is incredible. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Vampira

Rough_Rock
Love, love, loveeeee your touches of emerald. They're so unexpected and sophisticated, you just don't see pieces like this on every finger. How gorgeous, thank you for sharing!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Calliecake|1410228811|3747440 said:
Circe, You are killing me!!! The big French cut ring is as gorgeous and the OMC ring. How on earth do you find these beauties. Do you have a waiting list for those wanting to purchase your rings when you tire of them. If so what is your fee to be added to the list! All joking aside your collection is incredible. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks, Callie! I can be kind of monomaniacal in my interests ... I think most people who start out in academia have to be! So I tend to circle 47th like a vulture in hopes of spotting pieces that fit my parameters (rare, beautiful, cheap) and poke my head into every jewelry store, flea market, and charity shop I see! My husband - least consumerist of men - has gotten to the point where he slows down automatically if we're passing something shiny. Thank you so much for the compliments!

Vampira said:
Love, love, loveeeee your touches of emerald. They're so unexpected and sophisticated, you just don't see pieces like this on every finger. How gorgeous, thank you for sharing!

Thanks Vampira! I love colored stones in diamond settings ... it can make them harder to coordinate, but, oh, man, is it worth it for that luxurious little burst of color! I couldn't agree more. :wacko:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know I'm getting repetitive here, but ... I hadn't seen it under the diffused light beneath the leaves until yesterday, and SO MUCH FIRE. It really is a complete paradigm shift. :love: :love: :love:

fire_0.jpg

fire_4.jpg

fire_5.jpg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
The last two photos are incredible! What a lovely diamond and ring- the setting is so exquisite. And I cannot believe you already had the band. Enjoy, and wear it in good health!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this could almost go to the Cs forum

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1410365043|3748412 said:
Thanks, Callie! I can be kind of monomaniacal in my interests ... I think most people who start out in academia have to be! So I tend to circle 47th like a vulture in hopes of spotting pieces that fit my parameters (rare, beautiful, cheap) and poke my head into every jewelry store, flea market, and charity shop I see! My husband - least consumerist of men - has gotten to the point where he slows down automatically if we're passing something shiny. Thank you so much for the compliments!

Ummmm….why can't my husband develop the same reflex?? His instinct is to automatically speed up!!! :roll:

That french cut ring is unbelievable. ALL of your rings just stop me in my tracks. More pics! More! More! MORE!!! :clap:

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOVE it CIrce!!!!! SO beautiful. Just unbelievable!! :love:

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Magnificent diamond and setting. It looks just as amazing on its own as it does paired with those gorgeous bands. Amazing find(s)!

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Truly exquisite. You have such fine taste, Circe.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, your emerald band is so fabulous with your ring. I love it!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Love the setting and your 2+c OMC is phenomenal...and set E/W just stunning! Must be nice to toodle around OWD and come home with that ring.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, satisfying wonkiness! It is a beautiful ring. Enjoy the flashes!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS. :love: :love: :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you all so much! I was quite flattered to see this thread pop back up again. :)

Plus, it motivates me to take some extra pictures ....

imageuploadedbytapatalk1413645726.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Circe! That diamond and that mounting is a match made in heaven. I love some little bit of colors in a ring, and the emeralds is a wonderful feature.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Other hand for good measure ...

(Btw: above, left hand, with my emerald French cut eternity and my lovely Alex Sepkus band, which I just had resized - very excited about this!!! - and right hand, my BevK bezel band and Van Craeynest stacker with my transitional, and my Deco target ring.)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1413645937.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, just because I thought these were hilarious ... Both my stones have medium blue fluorescence. So I was REALLY surprised to see them glowing bright green! Then I looked up and noticed the room I was in had a bright green ceiling (it was a children's art museum, don't ask). So remember to look up next time you worry your stone is showing too much color ....

imageuploadedbytapatalk1413646073.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1413646089.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results