shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Royal Crown without Cathedral Pics

glimmer

Rough_Rock
Hey all!
I'm loving the Vatche Royal Crown setting, but I'm not a fan of cathedrals and was wondering if anyone out there had this setting customized to not have the cathedral and was willing to share some pics? I love the idea of it, I just don't know if it's even possible to do it or how it would look in real life, especially from the sides where the cathedrals are supposed to be. I also wonder whether removing the cathedral make it more prone to getting caught on things.

Anyone out there have the vatche royal crown setting as is and willing to comment on its height? Do you feel like its too high for everyday wear? Does it get caught on things often? Does it make your center stone look larger? Anyways, I played around on photoshop with a picture I found on here to remove the cathedral to get an idea of what it would look like and I'm just loving it :) Even though I know it's just a silly photoshopped picture it looks so lovely! Enjoy all! Hope to see some of your beautiful settings and hear your experiences with the royal crown :D

side_profile_0.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually they won't do that customization and while I don't care for their stance on customization typically, I actually think that is one I might agree with from a structural standpoint. The cathedrals keep the ring from warping because that wirework-look head (mine has casting marks and pitting so it's not actual wirework) is not sturdy since it holds the stone. So if you want a ring like that, Vatche is not the company for you. As far as other customizations, they really don't entertain those. The closest non-cathedral "look" to that head would be a Mark Morrell probably, just in terms of a more detailed head.

I own a Royal Crown and if I had it to do again I would not have ordered that or any other Vatche. The experience was traumatic, for me and the jeweler we worked with, and not just from the customization standpoint. The most they'd do for me in that arena was make my shank closer to 2mm based on the stone size. I wanted my stone set much higher and they flat refused. I find it ridiculously squat, and every time I look at it, it bugs me. It makes my stone look way smaller than it is. I addressed that repeatedly and they would not even consider it. I showed them photos of other RC's from here with stones in the same size range as mine that were set taller all around and they didn't seem moved by that at all.

Regarding your question about catching:
Yes it does catch on things, but not because of the height, only because it's not well made, really. So directly answering your question, no. It doesn't catch on things due to the height because it's WAY too low. My old setting prior to the Vatche, while a tank, was significantly higher and never caught on anything. This catches on fabric all the time because it's got rough prongs and poorly seated prongs that don't properly touch the stone.

glimmer

Rough_Rock
Hey Ame, thanks for your response! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with your E-ring setting, it's so frustrating to not have exactly what you want especially when it's something so important and long lasting like an e-ring. Those Mark Morrell settings are gorgeous, I had never heard of them before, they're a little out of my price range but great for ideas, thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results