shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera: Where Harry Met Tiffany

Pretty_Shiny_Things

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I’d like to introduce you to Victor Canera’s latest masterpiece: http://youtu.be/xe-HhWT3kgM?list=UUjKUkZZv7JZaLvAAGWUQBaw

SO and I knew Victor would be the vendor to make our ring based on his Emylia. He has perfected and exceeded Harry Winston’s “The One” ring. Considering the marked up prices they charge, we were actually disappointed in the quality (stone and setting) of Harry Winston’s rings when we tried them on, as we were equally let down by Tiffany and Cartier. Although I love the Emylia, I wanted something a little bit more unique that reflects my personality. After many hours of searching, I fell in love with a Tiffany 2011 Blue Book ring (the one on the right).

vc_review_1.jpg

I’ve never seen a prettier flower profile, especially how the cathedral shank rises up to become a petal. But I wasn’t too keen on the brightcut halo. So I had the crazy idea of combining a u-pave halo with a brightcut shank...a mad union of Harry Winston and Tiffany. I agonized over how it would turn out and even brought alternative designs to our meeting with Victor just in case he thought it would not be a good idea.

Luckily, he said it was doable and could turn out nice. Although we didn’t disclose our budget, we told him that he’s the only designer we’re considering and we can adjust our design to fit him in. He was kind enough to provide us with 3 quotes: the traditional Emylia, the mixed pave version, and a cathedral shank Emylia. I let SO pick whichever one of the three he wanted, as I was very involved in the entire process, but he still wanted to surprise me. However, I started getting regrets for leaving the decision up to him (and I hate surprises!!!) so I intervened just in time as he was about to pay VC for the traditional Emilya. SO thought the price difference was a lot of money to spend on something that’s never been done before. I’m so glad I stood my ground and now am a proud owner of this beauty (not to mention, stone + setting came out under our total budget!)

I pretty much let Victor do his thing. All I asked from him was to follow as closely to the Tiffany’s ring as possible, but with an Emylia head. Along the way, I debated whether I should contact him about the halo when several PS-ers’ halos didn’t turn out as they expected. In the end, I decided to have faith in him and recourse is always available, should it turn out otherwise.

VC spoke with me once on the phone to finalize the details. I was afraid adding millegraining like the inspiration ring might underscore the contrast of the two different pave types too much, so I told him not do it. A few days later, I got a progress email from him to let me know that he did 4 prototypes on my petals and was finally happy with it. Quickly after that my ring was finished! SO didn’t want me to see what the final product would look like, but I’m a subscriber to VC’s Youtube channel , so I got to see it as soon as it was posted. :bigsmile:

I am so pleased with the result! The halo was done flawlessly and the flower profile is soooo gorgeous! It’s amazing how small the melees are and how perfectly they are set. From the top view, it’s a fairly traditional ring, but the profile just slightly OTT and completely fun…a lot like me! It’s also a nod to my love of gardening. Even though VC calls it a lotus profile, it reminds me of one of my favorite autumn flowers, the rain lily (Zephyranthes candida).

We took possession of the ring on Friday, and SO let me test- wear it out to lunch, and I got some quick phone pics for you all to enjoy. It’s currently back in VC’s workshop to put on the millegraining. After looking at it, I felt the millegraining would further enhance the cathedral tips to blend in with the petals. I’ll be sure to add better quality pictures once we get the ring back.

Paige, his sales manager handled most of the non-design aspect with SO. I don’t know if it is their office’s working procedure, but she kept asking SO for his address, even though he’s done it at least 3x already. Other than that, SO said she was prompt and courteous in her emails. As for Victor’s customer service and talent, he’s bar none: professional, patient, and passionate about his craft.

Thank you Victor for bringing my crazy idea to life in such a spectacular way! Also, thank you dear SO for always indulging my every whims!

Now onto the ring and specs:
Finger size is 3.5 but ring is 3.75
3ct round brilliant (H&A, according to our appraisal)
9.31 x 9.38 mm
H SI1
No Fluor (it looks blue because of my turquoise phone case)
AGS 000
HCA 1.6 X-X-X-VG
AGA Cut Class:
Tab Percent: 1A
Crown Angle: 1B
Crown Height: 1A
Pavilion Depth: 1A
Girdle: 1A
Depth: 1A
Polish: 1A
Symmetry: 1A
TotalGrade: 1A

Top View
img_20140905_140430.jpg

Profile 1
img_20140905_140545.jpg

Profile 2
img_20140905_140332.jpg

Real life perspective
imag0872.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Holy WOW! I hope you post more pics! It's perfect! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are one lucky gal--a 3ct rock + a VC masterpiece!!! :love: I'm so glad that a PS'er owns this ring so we can see more real life pics! Please post more, more, more... :sun:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!! I saw your Gorgeous ring posted on Victor's FB and I was hoping it belonged to a PSer.
The substantial size of your stone combines so well with the delicateness of the setting :love:
The flower motive creates such a beautiful and Unique Emilya. Please post many more pics once you got it back from Victor.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful rendition of a gorgeous ring! Congrats on marrying all the elements so well.

We would love many more pictures!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think this ring could be more beautiful. That real life perspective picture says it all. No words are required. You are one lucky girl!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it's magnificent!!!!! You now have a stunning heirloom piece and I love the under gallery it is beautiful!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Goodness. That is absolutely amazing perfection!! Can't wait to see more!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!!!! It's a work of art! :love:

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOSH!!!!! WOW JUST WOW! You are one lucky girl, your ring is GORGEOUS :love: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO pretty!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is breathtaking! Such a beautiful creation! :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That's a knock out! :love: :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: Please, we need more pics. :appl:

Pretty_Shiny_Things

Rough_Rock
missy said:
Gorgeous! :love: Please, we need more pics. :appl:
Thank you so much, Missy! I'll definitely give it the Glamour Shots experience. :lol:

Mayk said:
Your ring is breathtaking! Such a beautiful creation! :love:
Thank you, Mayk! I'm a big fan of your DBL EC ring!

motownmama said:
SO pretty!!!
Thank you, mowtownmama!

AprilBaby said:
WOW! That's a knock out! :love: :love: :love:
Thank you, AprilBaby!

lknvrb4 said:
Gorgeous!
Thank you, lknvrb4!

Candygrl said:
OH MY GOSH!!!!! WOW JUST WOW! You are one lucky girl, your ring is GORGEOUS :love: :appl:
Thank you, Candygrl!

TruLuv858 said:
Absolutely stunning!!!!! It's a work of art! :love:
Thank you, TruLuv858! I am sure your reset will be stunning as well!

Ally66 said:
Oh. My. Goodness. That is absolutely amazing perfection!! Can't wait to see more!
Thank you, Ally66!

arkieb1 said:
Congrats, it's magnificent!!!!! You now have a stunning heirloom piece and I love the under gallery it is beautiful!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you, Arkieb1! It'll definitely be passed down to future kids =)

Calliecake said:
I don't think this ring could be more beautiful. That real life perspective picture says it all. No words are required. You are one lucky girl!
Thank you, Calliecake!

MissGotRocks said:
A beautiful rendition of a gorgeous ring! Congrats on marrying all the elements so well.

We would love many more pictures!!
Thank you, MissGotRocks! I like your word play here!

Acinom said:
Yay!!!! I saw your Gorgeous ring posted on Victor's FB and I was hoping it belonged to a PSer.
The substantial size of your stone combines so well with the delicateness of the setting :love:
The flower motive creates such a beautiful and Unique Emilya. Please post many more pics once you got it back from Victor.
Thank you, Acinom! Don't we always wish every finished pieces belong to PSers? =)

mom2boys said:
You are one lucky gal--a 3ct rock + a VC masterpiece!!! :love: I'm so glad that a PS'er owns this ring so we can see more real life pics! Please post more, more, more... :sun:
Thank you, mom2boys! When I grow up, I want a bling family just like yours and Phoenix!

Kelli said:
Holy WOW! I hope you post more pics! It's perfect! :love:
Thank you, Kelli!

I can't wait until tomorrow to get it back. I'll probably play hookie and come with SO to pick it up. It's always a fun adventure in DTLA.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOSH, that's GORGEOUS!!! I like it so much better than the original Emilya -- just beautiful!! :love: :love: More photos, please!! (shameless begging) :halo:

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
WOW. It's gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: great finger coverage on your tiny hands and the craftsmanship is amazing.
Congratulations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredibly beautiful ring! :love: :love: :love:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!!!!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! this is spectacular! Congratulations on owning this masterpiece of a ring!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a WOW ring. Congratulations, it's gorgeous!!! Can't wait for more pics!

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is incredible, and the SIZE of it!! SOO droolworthy, many congrats!!!

Btw is the pic in the background the Beverly Wilshire? I'm a socal-er myself, just had to ask haha :)

Pretty_Shiny_Things

Rough_Rock
Puppy4248 said:
Your ring is incredible, and the SIZE of it!! SOO droolworthy, many congrats!!!

Btw is the pic in the background the Beverly Wilshire? I'm a socal-er myself, just had to ask haha :)
Thank you, Puppy4248! It was taken at Perch, on Hill and 5th.

luv2sparkle said:
That is a WOW ring. Congratulations, it's gorgeous!!! Can't wait for more pics!
Thank you, luv2sparkle! Your beautiful LM basket is what made me seek out something with more pizzazz!

Madison2 said:
Wow! this is spectacular! Congratulations on owning this masterpiece of a ring!
Thank you, Madison2!

Travelgal said:
Gorgeous!
Thank you, Travelgal!

lioness said:
Stunning!!!!!
Thank you, lioness!

diamondseeker2006 said:
Incredibly beautiful ring! :love: :love: :love:
Thank you, diamondseeker2006! Great to have approval from an old-timer, who's seen all the gorgeous blings on here over the years!

lovefordiamonds said:
WOW. It's gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: great finger coverage on your tiny hands and the craftsmanship is amazing.
Congratulations!
Thank you, lovefordiamonds! Yes, VC's craftsmanship is divine!

msop04 said:
OH MY GOSH, that's GORGEOUS!!! I like it so much better than the original Emilya -- just beautiful!! :love: :love: More photos, please!! (shameless begging) :halo:
Thank you, msop04! The traditional Emilya is timeless, so I still love it...especially for antique cushions.

Pretty_Shiny_Things

Rough_Rock
We picked up the ring today, and I must say, it's even MORE FABULOUS with the millegraining! :love: :love: :love: Thank you again, Victor!

I made SO drive me to Walmart to buy materials for a makeshift light box to take better pictures, but they turned out a bit warm so I had to tone the color down a bit. I must've taken hundreds of photos with random things around the house, but it's sooo hard to photograph the whole ring with all the intricate details. I'll try to do better next time!

Here's Lotus and friends...

Lotus and longan
dsc_0019_0.jpg

Lotus and Pb 1 (if this is offensive to anyone, I can take them down)
dsc_0042.jpg

Lotus and Pb 2
dsc_0041.jpg

Lotus and spray rose 1
dsc_0030_0.jpg

Lotus and spray rose 2
dsc_0050_1.jpg

Lotus' minute fine millegraining detail (extremely hard to do one hand photography inside a tiny box)
dsc_0038.jpg

Group shot!
dsc_0068_0.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and it has such presence on your hand. I love the twist on the standard Emilya. Congratulations!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh have mercy! That is stunning, the milgraining is - it makes it even better, if possible. You can just really see the incredible lines and workmanship- Lotus a masterpiece. Truly. The hand shot is incredible. Swoon. Congratulations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the milgrain is just an outstanding addition! SO glad you did that!!! :love: :love: :love:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I almost just fell out of my chair - the ring is so feminine & beautiful - I'm very happy for you that VC was able to so flawlessly bring your ideas to life!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results