shape
carat
color
clarity

Change "Ring" to "Bling" in "Men's Ring Eye Candy Folder"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Re: Change "Ring" to "Bling" in "Men's Ring Eye Candy Folder

That's enough harassment for any poster to stop contributing to PS, Kenny.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty certain I know the owner of these pieces. I don't have ABSOLUTE PROOF, KENNY. I'm just 95% certain. :appl: Not enough for ya??? Too bad.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DoctorD, I just wanted to say that I haven't followed this thread until now but I remember you from the past. My philosophy is to always give people the benefit of the doubt. I have nothing to lose by being nice to newcomers and if they don't turn out to be real, well, so what? I find it interesting to have people here that are a bit different from the norm. I did want to add that my husband doesn't text or use a camera phone, either, so he wouldn't be able to easily post pictures, either!

Just as I am not judging you, I hope you might rethink judging people who have a lot of posts, too. ;)) This is my hobby and I almost never watch TV. Not that I really need to explain it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't think you have to justify yourself to anyone. Everyone deserves to be here. Having said that you say you have 5 kids. I bet at least one of them in this day and age has an Iphone or a phone with a camera, or an Ipad. Get them to take a quick shot of something you own (this cynical lot) want to see a crummy Iphone image not a styled one, that way all confusion is averted. Otherwise it is kind of bad form to start a thread in a forum labelled "show me the bling" and then not show everyone lots of pics of the bling (and that is not a personal attack on you just a general observation).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arkie, he did say they just sent off their youngest to college, so it may be that none of the sons actually live in the house with them at this point.

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock

I'm staying on topic..... I think it's a great idea to change it to more of a generic showcase as many men on here seem to like watches, bracelets etc so to have a more generic thread might compel more of us men to partake and really get the thread kicking!

I must say too that all the rings posted in that thread are unreal!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

isaku5|1410212810|3747239 said:

For what it's worth, I'm pretty certain I know the owner of these pieces. I don't have ABSOLUTE PROOF, KENNY. I'm just 95% certain. :appl: Not enough for ya??? Too bad.
Is he a PSer?

drk14

Brilliant_Rock

For what it's worth, I do have absolute proof that what was posted about these pieces in the "Men's Bling Eyecandy Folder" by DoctorD on August 27 and August 28 is untrue.

Before the "hilarious" thread was closed, we were encouraged to address concerns about veracity of posts directly with the OP. I would do so, but I don't want to clutter up the "Men's Bling" folder. Maybe I can post some "aspirational" pictures on Jewelry Pieces forum...

And, as far as I recall, Kenny was the first PSer to come to the good Doctor's defense on that thread, so I wouldn't call his posts "harassment".

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

drk14|1410228721|3747438 said:
And, as far as I recall, Kenny was the first PSer to come to the good Doctor's defense on that thread, so I wouldn't call his posts "harassment".

Thanks, your recollection is correct:
For the record, here's what I posted.
I don't often screen-capture a post but I had a feeling I should save this one, suspecting it might become useful.

Even Ella asked him to post his own pics, also she admonished us to ask him to do so instead of starting a new thread about it in Hangout.
This is what I have done.

screen_shot_2014-09-08_at_0.png

DoctorD

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1410219020|3747313 said:
Arkie, he did say they just sent off their youngest to college, so it may be that none of the sons actually live in the house with them at this point.

Finally, somebody who actually reads my posts! Thank you!

Kenny, you have been critical of me from the very first time I posted, and every time since. It certainly does amount to harassment.

I really don't give a flying f**k what you think. I don't need to prove myself to some Internet Judge Judy.

Everything was fully explained in my last post. I don't have the equipment to post pictures. Having to tell you twice casts a cloud of suspicion that you can't comprehend basic communications.

I'm not going to ask our photographer to re-do the photos and give him the impression I think his work was unsatisfactory. Relationships with people at work are infinitely more important to me than what some obnoxious online nobody thinks.

An adminstrator, Ella, and some members have admonished you that your behavior is unacceptable, and others have said they don't care about the pictures.

Do me a favor and don't respond. I'm not going to waste my time reading anything else you write. And I'm going to unsubscribe from everything so I'm not tempted to look. You've ruined any hope I had that I could enjoy this site.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DoctorD|1410236473|3747537 said:
diamondseeker2006|1410219020|3747313 said:

Finally, somebody who actually reads my posts! Thank you!

Kenny, you have been critical of me from the very first time I posted, and every time since. It certainly does amount to harassment.

I really don't give a flying f**k what you think. I don't need to prove myself to some Internet Judge Judy.

Everything was fully explained in my last post. I don't have the equipment to post pictures. Having to tell you twice casts a cloud of suspicion that you can't comprehend basic communications.

I'm not going to ask our photographer to re-do the photos and give him the impression I think his work was unsatisfactory. Relationships with people at work are infinitely more important to me than what some obnoxious online nobody thinks.

An adminstrator, Ella, and some members have admonished you that your behavior is unacceptable, and others have said they don't care about the pictures.

Do me a favor and don't respond. I'm not going to waste my time reading anything else you write. And I'm going to unsubscribe from everything so I'm not tempted to look. You've ruined any hope I had that I could enjoy this site.

Wow.
Quote: "Kenny, you have been critical of me from the very first time I posted, and every time since."
I don't think so, but I'm off to look up my responses to your 48 posts, by clicking on "All User's Posts" next to your avatar.

BTW, you're welcome for thanking me for being the only one to take the time to politely answer your question about posting larger pics.
And you're welcome for coming to your defense in the Hangout thread, which BTW was deleted after I reported it as not appropriate.

BTW, way to get out of posting pics proving you own this stuff. :clap:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As I recall (because I read your posts too btw) one of your oldest sons works with you? So therefore it would not be illogical to assume that he or one of his friends has an Iphone or device with a camera in it. Kenny has defended you repeatedly on here, so no need to attack him and I and others have also attempted to give you the benefit of doubt.

I seem to remember a couple of years ago you getting into a similar argument with Dancing Fire (unless I am mistaken) and you leaving back then - so this time rather than throwing a man size tanty about it all you have two choices, accept some people don't believe you - (not everyone has to), as you have pointed out you have ZERO to prove to us, and get on with it, accept it and move on. I have been in my fair share of arguments with people on here, at the end of the day I accept we all have different personalities and we all move on from that.

The other choice is stop defending yourself find someone in your family or extended circle with an Iphone and take some quick snaps. I don't have fancy cameras either. I take pics with an Iphone and a loupe taped to it. It isn't that difficult. But in truth you cannot expect to post pics in a jewellery forum that have been cut and pasted from who knows where (O.K they might possibly be yours but lets face it they look like they have all been cut and pasted from the internet) and not expect to get lambasted when you do so.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock

I don't believe that DoctorD owns all of the pieces he has posted, but asking him to prove ownership via a group shot pretty much guaranteed a dramatic, "Goodbye Cruel Pricescope!" reaction.

What if instead someone had said to him, "Hey, it's okay if you don't own all the pieces, but if you post altered pictures taken from elsewhere on the Internet, members here will figure it out. Stick around and instead add your honest perspective to whatever discussions interest you." I'd love for Pricescope to have more male members. We even have threads where folks can post things they admire but don't own, with the distinction that they are honest about it.

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock

urseberry|1410239890|3747569 said:
I don't believe that DoctorD owns all of the pieces he has posted, but asking him to prove ownership via a group shot pretty much guaranteed a dramatic, "Goodbye Cruel Pricescope!" reaction.

What if instead someone had said to him, "Hey, it's okay if you don't own all the pieces, but if you post altered pictures taken from elsewhere on the Internet, members here will figure it out. Stick around and instead add your honest perspective to whatever discussions interest you." I'd love for Pricescope to have more male members. We even have threads where folks can post things they admire but don't own, with the distinction that they are honest about it.

I am totally trying to stay out of this situation...but this makes darned good sense. Well said :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wrong!

I just looked up all of your 48 posts and my responses to you.
EVERY reponse of mine was polite.
Every one ... except perhaps one ... which IMO was justified and was not nearly as critical as the "barrage of insults" (your words) you got from the community in your bizarre violence thread.

Between your first post April 5, 2013 and your violence thread 4 month later you posted 23 times.
23 posts of yours which either got no response from me or a polite one is hardly, "critical of (you) from the very first time (you) posted, and every time since"

The record is there for you or anyone to search by clicking on "All user's posts" next to our avatars ... and nothing can be edited after 45 minutes.

Here is your violence thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/have-you-been-asked-how-much-did-you-pay-for-that.191930/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/have-you-been-asked-how-much-did-you-pay-for-that.191930/[/URL]

Partial quote:
"At a recent industry dinner, a staff member said that after looking around, he concluded my wedding ring was worth more than the 200 men there combined.
That gave me pause; I had never thought of such a comparison, it was a different twist on the "rags to riches" theme.
The thought was so worthwhile and thought-provoking to me that I told him he was in for a raise.
A guy nearby (someone we didn't know) probably overheard, because he asked the "how much" question, but his demeanor was negative and unpleasant.

My staff suggested he leave.
When he became insulting, I commanded him to zip it and get lost.
He disobeyed my orders, so we walked him out a side door.
Fool that he was, he threw the first punch, despite the fact that a fist comparison was like tennis balls to melons.
My buds watched, but didn't participate, as I punished the guy.
After several very satisfying backhands and punches, I told him I'd stop if he went back and apologized to everyone.
As he did, I almost laughed at the clearly defined marks my rings had made on his face and shaved head as they swelled upThis is the first time I resorted to violence over this, and although my sons loved the story, it certainly isn't the answer, either. It annoyed me to be without my favorite rings the next day while they were being cleaned.

BTW, there seem to be cultural differences regarding this.
The askers seem always to be Latino.
Your thoughts on this?

Have you been asked this question, or similar?
How have you handled it?
If your screen name is gender-neutral, let me know if you're male or female."

Many responses to your post were BEYOND critical of you, yet you now single me out. :confused:
You even responded later in that thread, "Amazing that a post on the Internet can get people so riled up they hurl a barrage of insults"

I encourage everyone to reread the thread, including my response on page 2, which read in context was IMO appropriate.

You know, stating untrue things as true harms a person's credibility. :whistle:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thought I was going to eat crow for dinner tonight... :lickout: ;( . I love reading fictional stories... :read: :lol:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Certainly one of the more entertaining threads we've had on here in a while.

Definitely lives up to the term "catfish"!

For someone who claims not to wear a lot of yellow gold jewellery, you don't appear to have much else. Also, what you have posted doesn't appear to be nearly as valuable as your attitude suggests.

You've done your GBCPS, which is usually a precursor to showing up under a different name.

Hopefully when you return you will show us *your* jewellery, not stock photos or crap from the internet.

Bizarrely, I look forward to your return.

ETA:

PS I noticed in your pictures of your bracelet that you were Indian (or brown skinned), yet in the cuff links photo you appear to be Caucasian.

How did you manage to change race?

Do tell. We folks down here in South Africa would love to know how you managed that.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Trekkie|1410262871|3747626 said:
PS I noticed in your pictures of your bracelet that you were Indian (or brown skinned), yet in the cuff links photo you appear to be Caucasian.

I disagree with that completely. That's just lighting differences.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

RetroTreeGal|1410267217|3747644 said:

I disagree with that completely. That's just lighting differences.

And I, in turn, respectfully disagree with you. :)

No way is that the same person in those two pics. Not only are the skintones widely different (the one has yellow undertones, the other pink), the Caucasian person appears to be more vascular, too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You've done your GBCPS, which is usually a precursor to showing up under a different name.
:read: :confused:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1410275316|3747699 said:

GoodBye Cruel PriceScope

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marymm|1410276736|3747704 said:
Dancing Fire|1410275316|3747699 said:

GoodBye Cruel PriceScope
Thanks Mary...are we really that CRUEL? :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Isabel, it might help if you would clarify this a bit. Are you verifying that DrD is the owner of these pieces?

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my goodness, I had forgotten about that violent and disturbing post that kenny copied above. That story is horrifying how ever you interpret it: as a true story, a fabrication designed to impress, or a fabrication to attract positive or negative attention. Drama can be fun, but I think Pricescope is better off without this kind of negativity.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

I'm not usually a cynic, but there are too many red flags here for me. I think this poster is what some would call a con man. A con-man believes he can talk his way out or in of anything, that's why he requires face to face meetings, and gives us such a long winded response to a simple question.

Integrity does matter. DrD had the opportunity to correct himself, but chooses to continue in a persona, that I clearly believe is false/
I don't believe anything he has to say. I think PS is remiss if they don't ban this guy. Safety issues do come into it. This place should be as safe as can be made.

Annette

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ouch! I don't understand the hostility.
Everything I've posted is reasonable.

Can you explain why/how you are 95% certain he owns this stuff?
Which of these 3 things are you 95% certain of?
1. that you know DoctorD.
2. that you have met him.
3. that when you met him he was wearing the jewelry he posted.

Maybe your hostility towards me, but none of the other doubters, comes from assuming I am battling for the title of 'Kingpin of PS' or to be the 'hero' of bling ownership, as people have posted about me. :roll:
I don't shive a git if he owns this stuff or not, no skin off my back.
What I own should not be held against me in my pursuit of a possible violation of PS rules.
But the community, including Ella, have made it clear this forum is for posting things we own, be it one melee or the Hope diamond.
Reasonable doubt has been raised by several posters.
If DoctorD is violating PS rules it is right to pursue this, and it is not harassment.
Rather, it is doing a good job of a noble task.
He has the power to silence the controversy, but has chosen to not end it, which itself could be seen as harassment.

DoctorD, please put all your posted jewelry together on a table and snap a pic and post it.
In 5 minutes you can end this drama, and I'll be the first to apologize ... well actually I take that back ...
My, and the community's, suspicious reaction to what you have done is reasonable.

Then again, this drama may all be what you wanted all along.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

smitcompton|1410284427|3747788 said:
Hi,

I'm not usually a cynic, but there are too many red flags here for me. I think this poster is what some would call a con man. A con-man believes he can talk his way out or in of anything, that's why he requires face to face meetings, and gives us such a long winded response to a simple question.

Integrity does matter. DrD had the opportunity to correct himself, but chooses to continue in a persona, that I clearly believe is false/
I don't believe anything he has to say. I think PS is remiss if they don't ban this guy. Safety issues do come into it. This place should be as safe as can be made.

Annette
I personally feel threatened by this disturbing guy.
Because of him I doubt I'll ever attend another PS GTG.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock

DoctorD, you may wish to reconsider your relationship with that particular photographer. You purportedly engaged him for two jewelry photography sessions on August 27 and August 28, yet all of the images he provided you (at least those that you posted in SMTB on those days) -- not just the one gold Rolex and the one gold ring that you've confessed to-- are just doctored versions of images that have long been available on the internet. Most of the images are copyrighted by others. I would not want to work with a "photographer" who doesn't take his own photographs.

If you choose to confront the photographer, here is the proof that the images he gave you to post on PS were not in fact taken by him during those August 27-28 "photography" sessions:

http://www.cufflinks.com/emerald-cut-diamonds-octagon-cufflinks.html (specifically, the left cufflink in this image)
http://carlandjordan.com/ (specifically, this image)
https://www.midwestjewellery.com/di...d-1ct-mens-band-8mm-5-big-20pt-round-si-clear
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/405535141417203218/
http://www.eliteauction.com/catalogues/010811/view.php?id=131
http://www.oldetownejewelers.com/item/14k-yellow-gold-and-diamond-art-deco-cufflinks-c-1930
http://www.traxnyc.com/Mens-Bracele...sible-Channel-Diamond-Bracelet-item24747.html
http://www.sirpierre.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IMG_7322.jpg

Some of the other images posted are just manipulated versions of pictures that you had posted in an April 2013 thread on PS.

Good luck!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kudos to drk14 for the impressive sleuthing. :clap:

I thought one of the Photoshopping jobs was particularly humorous.
Someone thought reversing the image would disguise it and make it a unique new original image. :lol:

Notice the blurry out of focus 14K stamp in the back of the ring is on opposite sides of each pic.
Look around, everything else is flipped too so one pic is the mirror image of the other.

The higher-resolution pic on the left is the original from drk14's link and the one on the right was posted by DoctorD in the men's bling thread.

screen_shot_2014-09-09_at_11.png

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

drk14|1410285541|3747805 said:

DoctorD, you may wish to reconsider your relationship with that particular photographer. You purportedly engaged him for two jewelry photography sessions on August 27 and August 28, yet all of the images he provided you (at least those that you posted in SMTB on those days) -- not just the one gold Rolex and the one gold ring that you've confessed to-- are just doctored versions of images that have long been available on the internet. Most of the images are copyrighted by others. I would not want to work with a "photographer" who doesn't take his own photographs.

If you choose to confront the photographer, here is the proof that the images he gave you to post on PS were not in fact taken by him during those August 27-28 "photography" sessions:

http://www.cufflinks.com/emerald-cut-diamonds-octagon-cufflinks.html (specifically, the left cufflink in this image)
http://carlandjordan.com/ (specifically, this image)
https://www.midwestjewellery.com/di...d-1ct-mens-band-8mm-5-big-20pt-round-si-clear
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/405535141417203218/
http://www.eliteauction.com/catalogues/010811/view.php?id=131
http://www.oldetownejewelers.com/item/14k-yellow-gold-and-diamond-art-deco-cufflinks-c-1930
http://www.traxnyc.com/Mens-Bracele...sible-Channel-Diamond-Bracelet-item24747.html
http://www.sirpierre.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IMG_7322.jpg

Some of the other images posted are just manipulated versions of pictures that you had posted in an April 2013 thread on PS.

Good luck!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1410285489|3747802 said:
smitcompton|1410284427|3747788 said:
Hi,

Annette
I personally feel threatened by this disturbing guy.
Because of him I doubt I'll ever attend another PS GTG.

I think the concern is more the numerous attempts to make personal contact with different members.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results