shape
carat
color
clarity

When is the Vintage Craze going to finish?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am noticing in the UK that the chain stores having their sales are selling off their halo, micropave engagement rings, e.g. £4500 for £2750. What style do you think will replace this? Are you seeing the same in the USA. I am wondering if it will be a metal modern style or something in between. Interesting to see when the new stocks come in.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I just did a quick flip through on all of the popular mall store websites...they are still showing the same halos for the most part. I don't see anything I could identify as a new trend.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was meaning after the sales finish, or that is how it works over in the UK. The site I was looking at was
www.ernestjones.co.uk They are what is called here a mall store although they are not all in malls/shopping centres
here. Their sales have lots of those types of settings, so something else will be coming in when the sales finish.
Ofcourse, not Victor Carerra quality but just what is sold in these stores. Remember prices here also include 20% value added tax.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The section with new jewellery seems to be more of the same but the ring shanks seem a bit wider I think and possibly the
halos have larger stones too. Also new is baguette diamonds and treated fancy color diamonds and bands of three in one ring.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. I would love to go have a look but I can't connect to the site for some reason.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
As a larger Brand, is Tiffany ahead of the game style-wise?

Tiffany is still stuck on Fancy shapes and halos http://press.tiffany.com/News/NewsItem.aspx?id=237, but they did just hire a new sleek modern designer.

The Tiffany Harmony was released in Jan 2013 http://press.tiffany.com/News/NewsItem.aspx?id=203 and I think it' still a little ahead of the curve style-wise.

I definitely see more colored diamonds around lately. Maybe slightly chunkier pieces will come into vogue as the micro-thin pave that has been so popular lately starts to wear out, bend, and drop stones. (I'm guessing most consumers go with the "half off!, now only $1999!" 14kwg maul store special, so average pave quality is going to be relatively fragile).

I can't wait to see what's next!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just judging from what I've seen catching people's eyes from new designers - think Erika Winters, MC2 - I'm betting we're going to continue the vintage craze, just with a slightly different vintage ... less Edwardian/Deco (which makes me sad as I love those periods), and more Italian Revival, yellow gold, chunky/matte gold. Just a hunch ....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you meant the vintage cut stones (i.e. diamonds). In my opinion it has just started. Or I just started to notice it. I am not sure what it's all about except that it's a way to sell more diamonds. Suddenly everyone wants a low colored, large diamond cut the way it would have been cut 100 years ago. Since I am out of it, I had no idea it was happening until about a year ago when I noticed people swooning over 5 carat Old Mine Cuts and Old European Cuts. I just did a double take.

AGBF
:saint:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think all things Vintage are here with us to stay!!!! And Old Cut diamonds have become more popular and increased in price over the last 5 or more years - that is only going to continue. As far as halos - they go in and out of fashion, as do the popularity of the shape of centre stones, ie round brilliants, then the cushion craze (which people are still buying) then ovals and emerald cuts became more popular. We are seeing more asschers and marquise of late.....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've loved vintage rings for the past thirty years. If you love that style I don't believe they ever go out. I know I love PSer Circe's jewelry and I'm sure I still be in love with her pieces 30 years from now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results