shape
carat
color
clarity

is this an AQUA/TOURM or TOPAZ ?

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Good morning Andelain,TL. I will leave that subject to you as I wouldn't have a clue. I will take some pics when I get a bit of spare time later, by the way its 1.75ct. The material isn't great from what others have said, probably not even worth having it sent to a lab.
Its just a practice stone to me now.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shall I take a bow now or later????? :dance:

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
LD, its me who should be taking a bow to your greater knowledge :appl:
Quick question for you, is the stone worth using or is it just an example of its type ?
TIA.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
needfullshinythings|1410081465|3746341 said:
LD, its me who should be taking a bow to your greater knowledge :appl:
Quick question for you, is the stone worth using or is it just an example of its type ?
TIA.

It depends what you mean by is it worth using? If you like it then you should use it because you'll wear it. If you're on the fence then don't. In terms of value, (to me) it's an absolute spot on example of some of the Mozambique Tourmaline that used to be sold as Paraiba Tourmaline by naughty sellers because of the colour and possible copper content. However, that does not mean it's valuable unfortunately. It's highly included, which will help the glow but not the value. So in terms of value, treat it like a "normal" Tourmaline. Does that make sense?

So if you're thinking of this as a normal regular Tourmaline - do you want to set it in something and will you wear it?

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info LD, I would like to have it set in a pinky ring for myself.
Something similar to this

Just making sure I am not using a piece of worthless garbage LD, I will be wearing it so I will post when its made.
The ring in the pics is one I found last year but was too big for any of my fingers and due to its construction wasn't able to be re-sized,
It was 22k yellow gold with a hammered finish and a large aqua. I have always regretted selling it.
Time for a smaller replacement, Thx LD.

img_5475.jpg

img_5476.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't worry about something being garbage because honestly if you love the stone then it doesn't matter if it's worth $1 or $1,000,000! I inherited a silver (very pretty) ring with a green glass centre stone and even though it's worth nothing, it's breathtakingly beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do set it, because of all the inclusions, it may be more fragile, and it could have some filler as well. Use a very good jeweler, preferably a soft metal like gold, and make sure your jeweler doesn't clean it with an ultrasonic or steam cleaner after he/she is done setting it. I personally would not bezel such a highly included stone due to the added fragility of the stone. Bezeling a gem can chip it easily.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results