carat
color
clarity

OMC in Art Deco Emerald setting

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
"I generally avoid temptation, unless I can't resist it." ~ Mae West

So a couple of months ago when I was tooling around 47th St. with k_darling, we popped into Old World Diamonds on a lark. "Just looking," we said. HA. By the time we walked out, we'd both fallen in love (luckily not with the same stone!). She posted her lovely Christopher Walken recently: well, this is my comeuppance, for thinking I had enough willpower to resist Teh Shiny. :dance:

Adam was an absolute delight to work with: endlessly patient, with an amazing eye. He told me this stone would be a good performer, and, unsurprisingly, he was totally right: this stone has more fire than any other diamond I've had the pleasure of playing with. I would recommend Old World Diamonds very highly after this experience.

Details:

Carat Weight: 2.37
Color: K
Clarity: VS1
Measure: 8.53*7.91*5.06
Depth: 64.0
Table: 48

Now ... on to the pictures! The setting - Art Deco period, new old stock - has emerald sides, which is great for me: it matches my Deco Cartier 3-stone with the french-cut sides to a T! And it complements the warmth of the stone beautifully: to my eye it doesn't look white, but it doesn't look yellow or brown, either. It just looks like a hell of a lot of fire on a darker background, occasionally picking up a viridian flash at the right angle.

1st.jpg

_22015.jpg

3rd.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really, really, really love the cut on this: it has a little wonk to it (impossible to confuse this guy with any other!), but it also has a lovely symnetry under the table. I love it when all four petals light up simultaneously!

hand_25.jpg

crop_shot.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's also very cool to me how the four "lit" petals alternate between the + and the x pattern. A couple of close-ups, of stone and setting alike: the design on this pleases me muchly. I know I'm going to have to baby the emeralds, but ... worth it. :Up_to_something:

_22018.jpg

_22019.jpg

_22022.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gallery & side view ....

_22024.jpg

_22025.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thisis amazing Circe! What a gorgeous stone and setting :love:
Your pics are great and I am so enjoying them and hoping for many more.
Great find!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is just gorgeous! Congrats!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous! It was obviously meant to be!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!! I just LOVE pieces that match!!! Your new ring is stunning and even more stunning with the emerald band. :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! I love the setting too!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Acinom|1410032538|3746078 said:
Thisis amazing Circe! What a gorgeous stone and setting :love:
Your pics are great and I am so enjoying them and hoping for many more.
Great find!!!

Thanks, Acinom - your wish is my command! Photographing this is FUN, partially because it just acts so differently from my transitional. :rodent:

ecf8503 said:
Wow that is just gorgeous! Congrats!

Thank you, EFC!

yennyfire said:
Absolutely gorgeous! It was obviously meant to be!

Thanks, Yenny! I'm absolutely delighted with how it turned out. :appl:

Rubies-R-Me said:
Oh wow!!! I just LOVE pieces that match!!! Your new ring is stunning and even more stunning with the emerald band. :appl: :appl:

Thanks, Rubies! I have to admit, I do too ... whenever I hear people quoting the thing about how your nails shouldn't match your toes or your shoes shouldn't match your handbag, all I can think is ... buh? Matching is fun! Matching is satisfying!

tyty333 said:
Really pretty! I love the setting too!

Thank you TyTy! They complement one another. :)

One thing I'm noticing as I wear little Comeuppance around ... chameleon to the MAX. Initially when I was playing around with her loose, I wondered if I should go with yellow gold, or plate this setting yellow: I love warm stones, but once "warm" crosses over into "actually noticeably contrasting against a white metal," I tend to prefer to play up the dominant hue. I figured I'd wear her around to see how she functioned in the light for a week, and then decide. But, check it: in the first pic, she's loose, resting inside a 22k YG band. You'd swear she was, if not fancy light yellow, at least at the lower end of the alphabet, right? But contrast that against what she does under fluorescent lighting. So far I haven't caught any of the true yellow in normal lighting conditions ... guess we'll wait and see!

ps_reveal_2.jpg

led_light.jpg

led_light_2.jpg

led_light_4.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can see a wee little bit of color from the side, but that doesn't bother me ... I actually quite like it! And I love the side view in general: the little curlicues in the gallery slay me, the way they join the claw prongs, like tiny ribbons, before they disappear under the emerald collar. Them, and the tiny diamonds at the base of the prongs ....

white_light.jpg

white_light_34.jpg

white_light_profile.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE the emerald setting - such beautiful delicate detail in that find!!! Your stone is TDF!! Its beautiful, and I think the warmth looks perfect combined w the emeralds.

I'm also loving your emerald eternity - double yum!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in love with your new ring - wowza!!!!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous set!!! Love love love. It is really a special ring and I love the emerald band with it! Perfect!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, This ring is to die for. Then again I feel this way about a lot of your jewels! It could not be more gorgeous!!!! This ring needs to be featured in Diamond Eye Candy

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a romantic stone and setting! Love, love, love... :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am absolutely smitten with everything about this ring. Really love it! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is absolutely spectacular! No doubt about it, fabulous find!!!!! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a gorgeous stone!!!!! You find the best things!!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I love love love this setting. It's so perfect.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
This is officially one of my Favourite. Rings. Ever. Wow!! Just wow. :love:

The profile view on the setting is incredible!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! :love:
Enjoy!

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: Wow Circe, your new OMC diamond & the Art Deco setting are both absolutely stunning!!! I really love the gallery with the curlicues and the emeralds in the setting look divine. :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, Circe!! :love: :love: :love: Oh, I really love the setting!! It is fabulous! Does he have any more "new old stock" settings???

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
And the precious finally reveals itself! I've been dying to see what was worth the purge of so many other gorgeous pieces.

It is smashingly beautiful. I love the shape of that stone, and the setting does such a good job of bringing out the square yet rounded-ness of it. And emeralds. Sigh. Everything should have emeralds. Love. Love. Jealous. Love. :love: =)

You have quite the happy little family now, they all play so well together!

Congratulations!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Congratulations on such a beautiful ring :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I adore your ring and how the diamond is set east/west. I think the setting compliments the diamond beautifully. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, your new ring is incredible. I love everything about it. The setting is TDF :love: and that OMC is OMG. :love: The gallery and side view is :love:
You know I think Adam has an amazing collection and is a doll to boot. Wear your new bling in much health and happiness. :appl:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Really so beautiful! Such a unique setting too! I love the emerald accent stones! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fabulous Circe, gorgeous stone and holy moly, what a setting! The way the emeralds are set is beyond cool, and those claw prongs! I love new old stock, you get a vintage piece without the wear and tear lol! :cheeky: Congrats on finding such a winner, you must be so thrilled to own this! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results