shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about antique earrings I am about to purchase...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Question about antique earrings I am about to purchase..

junebug17|1409954032|3745661 said:
Oh geez missy, things have been so rough for you, I was hoping this would go smoothly! I don't blame you and Greg at all for being concerned about the safety of the earrings, I'd feel the same way. They are beautiful and look fantastic on you, but I too wouldn't feel comfortable wearing them unless they were more secure. Keep us posted!

Thanks Junebug. I feel guilty even writing about this minor problem given all the stuff PSers have been going lately. Greg just spoke with her and we are sending them back and she will fix both of the connections for me. So fingers crossed it works out.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh that's great missy! :appl: So glad she's agreed to make them more secure because they really do look fabulous on you! Really hope this all works out!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

They are gorgeous Missy! I hope they can be bolstered for safe and secure wear! If I had the funds for another pair of earrings, those are exactly what I'd get!! :appl: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17|1409968583|3745779 said:
Oh that's great missy! :appl: So glad she's agreed to make them more secure because they really do look fabulous on you! Really hope this all works out!

Thank you Junebug! Me too. I am questioning if they can really be made secure enough and hoping Mel comes through for me.

I am continuing to think of you and your mother and hoping all is remaining quiet and peaceful on that front and that you are getting some much needed rest and relaxation.

yennyfire said:
They are gorgeous Missy! I hope they can be bolstered for safe and secure wear! If I had the funds for another pair of earrings, those are exactly what I'd get!! :appl: :love:

Thank you Yenny! You and Junebug have amazing taste so I know if you both love them it is worth the extra energy and time to pursue this and get them secured enough to wear.

I am just worried that she won't make the O rings thicker as I felt some resistance from her even though she agreed to do so. She emailed me asking me about the ruby earrings having similar backings and they couldn't be more different and it aggravated me that she emailed me with this question after she agreed to make it right like she doesn't believe me. On this current earring purchase the O rings and fasteners for lack of a better term are paper thin and not secure at all and that is why the O ring broke on one of them and IMO just about to break on the other. So I don't want her to just fix the broken one but to change the O ring connection on both earrings.

Could you imagine if I had been wearing them and then they broke? I could have lost the whole earring because that has happened before without me being aware. I have lost bigger things (gorgeous bracelet and bigger earring to remember 2) and not been aware they fell off while wearing them so I am concerned.

OK enough venting and worrying lol. It seems this summer has been one in which I have mastered the venting and worrying and I need to break free (haha get it) of this cycle. They are just earrings and if they are not fixed properly they will be going back again. But I hope they will come back to me secure and safe to wear because they are very pretty and different than most of my earrings.

And Yenny, I just want you to know I have been keeping you and your ds in my thoughts and hoping everything works out well for him. I know how difficult this time has been for you guys and continuing to send good thoughts, dust and hugs your way.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy, the earrings are beautiful and I'm sorry you've had this hiccup with the settings. Hopefully they will be fixed to your satisfaction so you can sport some bling on your ears as you recuperate! It's always so disappointing to wait on something like this only to have it not be perfect upon receipt.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1410008147|3745889 said:
Missy, the earrings are beautiful and I'm sorry you've had this hiccup with the settings. Hopefully they will be fixed to your satisfaction so you can sport some bling on your ears as you recuperate! It's always so disappointing to wait on something like this only to have it not be perfect upon receipt.

Thanks MissGotRocks. I am OK. I think it was just the initial disappointment because I was so looking forward to getting some pretty bling after a challenging summer. After getting over that initial reaction now I know it's not a big deal at all. This stuff happens as we all know too well lol.

Just hoping that when they are fixed they are secure enough so I can enjoy them. I don't want the hassle of having to return them again or worse yet aggravating the seller because as I wrote she has drool worthy antique jewelry and I would hate to alienate her and ruin that connection if you kwim!

And she just refunded our paypal account with the initial shipping charge since it took 3 days to get to me vs the overnight I paid for so that was very nice of her.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Missy, Don't feel bad about venting. I'd be irritated too especially since she had already agreed to fix the earrings. I'm sure she will take care of it for you. It seems like such a simple inexpensive fix and you'll have your beautiful earrings in the end. I wish something would just go simple and as planned for you.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, I wondered if there was any update on this saga? I am in the process of designing some similar earrings and VRBeauty reminded me you bought these and I wondered what happened in the end...?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi misskittycat, I answered your question in your thread but just for completeness sake here for those who might not know and are curious.I decided against these earrings because though they are beautiful they weren't exactly what I was looking for. I have my eye on another pair from another seller but doubtful I am going to purchase those unless I get that money tree haha so the search continues...

Good luck to you with your new earring design. My vote is for articulation for that extra dazzle, interest and liveliness that comes with movement. Looking forward to seeing your final design. :appl:

misskittycat said:
Missy, I wondered if there was any update on this saga? I am in the process of designing some similar earrings and VRBeauty reminded me you bought these and I wondered what happened in the end...?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results