shape
carat
color
clarity

DBTY Question

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone - need some advice please. I'm thinking about buying my daughter a DBTY bracelet for her Graduation. She already has a Brian Gavin Barbara solitaire pendant and a pair of studs, so I thought the bracelet would complete the set especially as the stones are bezel set and will match her pendant in style.

I'm thinking of either 3 x .15pt OR a single stone approximately .30 to .40 carat.

My question is, with using bigger diamonds, could the culet get damaged with wear?

Also, another question on the culet especially with the bigger stone - does it scratch or prickle seeing as the bezel appears to only go around the girdle not the whole stone?

If yes to either, what do you think about doing the Barbara setting for the solitaire but as a bracelet - would that work do you think?

I would be looking at 18ct white gold and would probably have either Whiteflash or BG make it for me.

Appreciate your thoughts and thank you in advance.

:D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not do a larger stone for the bracelet. They flip a lot and you are better off with smaller stones. I think that would be more comfortable for one thing. I would do 5 stones either 8 or 10 points, preferably 10 if you can. Because the stones flip, I think the Barbara would look bad on a bracelet. Stick with the traditional way, because even flipped the backside of the diamonds is pretty.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies - very helpful. :)

Mom2Boys - love, love, love your bracelet - I shall contact Whiteflash immediately. Can you tell me though, when the diamonds are up the right way, does the culet prick your skin at all? Is it completely comfortable? And, last question, what length is it? Thank you so much.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's the standard 7" DBTY length. The culet does protrude slightly past the bezel but I really don't notice it anymore while wearing it. Also, it does tend to flip on either side randomly so the culet is not against your skin all the time if you do happen to be sensitive. Hope this helps!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I ended up selling my DBTY that had 10 pters in it because they actually did scratch up against my skin. However I know the person who bought it loves it and has no issue. I'm also a self proclaimed klutz. If this is a bracelet I would do 4 or 5 stones slighly smaller vs. 3 @ 15pts. That is just me though.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, M2B - useful to know.

Same also SB - interesting to know.

My daughter has quite sensitive skin so I'll need to perhaps go with slightly smaller stones so they don't scratch her. Still, if she doesn't like it, I can always steal it off her - I'm not that sensitive ha ha.

I'm waiting to hear back from WF & BG.

Thanks again to you all for your guidance.

Have a great day.
:wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't hurt to get a quote from ERD. They !made my dbty necklace and I liurve it!!!!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks Pinto - I will look into it. I notice your melee are .20pts - does the culet prick you at all?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results