color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1409675173|3743416 said:
Way to go, icy_jade and pkinnew and cmd2014! :clap:

I was wearing my 54" Tahitian rope doubled over the last few days, and I kept thinking that it would be nice to have another strand that laid closer to my throat for a triple look. :naughty: I have other Tahitian strands, but the color and shape differences are noticeable. :hand: Remembering the lessons from 4Ranch Girl about how you need to get the pearls you want when they are available :think: , I decided to spring for another strand of Tahitians. :dance:

I went with TAN200-832, which was the last strand of AAA drops in the sale. It is 9.1-11.1mm with a green body color and intense, colorful peacock overtones. The pearls exhibit clean surfaces and mirror-like luster.

The photos look like a great match to my 54" Tahitian rope. I'm waiting to hear back about getting it lengthened by an inch or so, but I know they are busy today launching the September sale.

Ooh! That was in my cart last night! So glad I held off (I ended up thinking that it would probably not play well with the blue-greens that I bought). That will go beautifully with your rope!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DMZ...nowhere is cold to us Canuks, eh? ;-) I have the distinction of living in a place that is not only the coldest large city in the world, but was literally colder than the surface of Mars for a chunk of last winter. How I envy you as we head into our fall!

I'm looking forward to your pictures when you get them! And hey, at least you're staring somewhere north of naughty! :naughty:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - That is a very lovely strand! I think the overtones will be gorgeous irl!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - I think that strand will go with many of your pearls! I think we're going to see lots of layering coming up!!!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
So my resistance finally failed me last week and I ordered one of the remaining strands. Here's the glamour shot.

tan200-851-wm.jpg

I'm hoping it looks as good IRL.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
mapo - Why fight a losing battle lol! I think you'll be amazed at the colors and luster of those pearls!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
pkinnew|1409690110|3743584 said:
mapo - Why fight a losing battle lol! I think you'll be amazed at the colors and luster of those pearls!

I know! But, since there wasn't anything that caught my eye in the Sept sale, I feel less guilty about this one.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Mapo that is very pretty!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Upon further inspection of my strand I saw one pearl that jumped out. It kind of looks like an arrow head, has a lovely peacock blue head and a white tip. First thought were "Oh, wish it were all that glorious color and not two toned" But the more I look at it the more I am really taken with it. I even named the little guy (weird I know)

sep_01_2014_copy.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409689074|3743570 said:
Fly Girl|1409675173|3743416 said:
Way to go, icy_jade and pkinnew and cmd2014! :clap:

I was wearing my 54" Tahitian rope doubled over the last few days, and I kept thinking that it would be nice to have another strand that laid closer to my throat for a triple look. :naughty: I have other Tahitian strands, but the color and shape differences are noticeable. :hand: Remembering the lessons from 4Ranch Girl about how you need to get the pearls you want when they are available :think: , I decided to spring for another strand of Tahitians. :dance:

I went with TAN200-832, which was the last strand of AAA drops in the sale. It is 9.1-11.1mm with a green body color and intense, colorful peacock overtones. The pearls exhibit clean surfaces and mirror-like luster.

The photos look like a great match to my 54" Tahitian rope. I'm waiting to hear back about getting it lengthened by an inch or so, but I know they are busy today launching the September sale.

Ooh! That was in my cart last night! So glad I held off (I ended up thinking that it would probably not play well with the blue-greens that I bought). That will go beautifully with your rope!
Thanks, cmd, but I purchased it Saturday morning and they took it right down. So, I'm thinking the strand you like might still be available. :naughty:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm....good thing it's too late! The Tahitian sale was almost my undoing!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1409684589|3743533 said:
Thanks, Icy. BTW, I was looking again at the blog entry for the 5,600 pearls, and noticed that I nabbed the front strand from the "wave" blog photo. :dance:

Wow. Which means you really scored! Just look at those colors!

Mapo: Welcome to the "loot" pearls club of 2014!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, I was looking at 831 (and it is still there). Beautiful cherry overtones!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409706454|3743750 said:
Fly Girl, I was looking at 831 (and it is still there). Beautiful cherry overtones!
It's a beauty. I've been admiring it all month wondering why it didn't get grabbed. So, it's still there! :devil:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cricket - your strand is so interesting, I like the one you named too.

Icy-Jade - OMG Love it, I was looking at that near round strand too, I copied pictures, and of course it was gone soon. Thanks for saving my DH CC.

Pkinnew - Did you start off with a 18" strand or is it completely custom. Loving the colors!

CMD2014 and Fly Girl - I can't keep up with you two!
mapo - yes keep the thread going, your strand looks great!

Nothing for me today on the C Sale, I had my father-in-law's funeral, but be sure I could be found the bathroom on my phone hiding :shifty: looking at the sale :shifty: , The loose T's were so lovely. Just so much pretty!

I have been working with PP on my second strand and Lynsey (love her) picked some special pearls to add to length. I feel this strand will have more color than the first, but just hoping they will complement each other. I am ready to receive it! I thinks the additional pearls are lovely. See pics:

unnamed_17.jpg unnamed_18.jpg

I just have to say: I feel so blessed to have been able to purchase two strands from the sale in this 5,600 lot of tahitian pearls with such great quality.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1409707397|3743762 said:
cmd2014|1409706454|3743750 said:
It's a beauty. I've been admiring it all month wondering why it didn't get grabbed. So, it's still there! :devil:

Must....resist....Tahitians! (Where's the sweaty withdrawal emoticon?). Although maybe they were in the blog wave too. :devil:

Mapo, beautiful strand! Can't wait for neck shots!

Ckrickett, I love your little mushroom pearl! So unique!

Frost me, your strand is gorgeous! How could you go wrong?

This was the best sale ever!

I have to say I'm surprised the harvest strands don't seem to be going fast with the new sale. Were too many people doing them in advance for August's sale maybe?

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I wondered if maybe the Harvest strands were a bit more expensive than people expected? As in, you might expect them to be significantly cheaper than matched strands as they are made of 'leftovers' but they are actually more expensive (probably because most contain some rounds and even some of the new provoked baroques).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Cmd: Yeah this was a fun sale. Almost everyone got something (or more). :appl:

Pearl_Girl|1409718912|3743853 said:
I wondered if maybe the Harvest strands were a bit more expensive than people expected? As in, you might expect them to be significantly cheaper than matched strands as they are made of 'leftovers' but they are actually more expensive (probably because most contain some rounds and even some of the new provoked baroques).

Well, I think it depends on how the strands are matched... I never felt like mine was just made of leftovers cos there was definitely a color theme going on (but mine really isn't a true harvest strand tho). But yeah, from a price perspective, I thought the large rounds were not necessary.

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say the darkish photos play a part. Not too attractive/eye catching really.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1409718912|3743853 said:
Why would they be cheaper? Pearls don't go bad like bread or milk. "Harvest" strand is a relative new style that has just become popular. In the past pearls that were not able to be matched into strands one year were held until the next harvest or pearl buy and sent to be matched and put into the next bunch of strands. It take 3 18 inch strands to make a 54 inch rope which explains a lot of the cost.

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I understand that any leftovers can be kept over until the next lot (Jeremy explained how that works when I ordered mine) but I initially thought that a matched strand would cost more because it would take a lot more labour to sort through the pearls and paintstakingly match them - whereas you don't have that with a harvest strand.

ETA: just to be clear, the "leftovers" idea was how Jeremy described the pearls that he was using for the necklaces when he put mine together - it's his description, not mine.

dmz

Rough_Rock
From my wife today while at work:

"Took them off so I could look at them."

_279.jpeg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearl_Girl|1409731018|3743914 said:
Yeah, I understand that any leftovers can be kept over until the next lot (Jeremy explained how that works when I ordered mine) but I initially thought that a matched strand would cost more because it would take a lot more labour to sort through the pearls and paintstakingly match them - whereas you don't have that with a harvest strand.

That would have been my thought as well. I was also a little surprised that they were significantly more expensive than the comparable 50-54 inch graduated strands from the last sale. I expected them to be around the same ballpark. It seems like they put a LOT of rounds in these ones which increased the price...maybe because they were designed to be more luxurious for the connoisseur sale.

I appreciated the natural light photos. I hope that might become SOP.

Dmz. Thanks for the photo. Those colours just pop!

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Dmz those colours are amazing!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
dmz|1409743016|3743936 said:

dmz - Love that desktop photo. I do that a lot at work, too. :))

Thanks for sharing. Such a beautiful strand. :sun:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me: I forgot to say that I was sorry to hear about your FIL.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Dmz: It's BEAUTIFUL!! :love:

====

cmd2014 said:
That would have been my thought as well. I was also a little surprised that they were significantly more expensive than the comparable 50-54 inch graduated strands from the last sale. I expected them to be around the same ballpark. It seems like they put a LOT of rounds in these ones which increased the price...maybe because they were designed to be more luxurious for the connoisseur sale.

Hmm. I can't recall the exact price but I'm sure my harvest strand cost more than my other ropes.
FWIW I thought this particular rope (still available) looks terrific, and rather value for money compared to the others. I love the provoked baroque as much as I hate the pearl that looks like garlic (to me). :D

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-4256-50-inch-79-147-mmm-tahitian-harvest-strand.aspx

image_2280.jpg

image_2281.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1409750141|3743969 said:
Dmz: It's BEAUTIFUL!! :love:

====

cmd2014 said:

Hmm. I can't recall the exact price but I'm sure my harvest strand cost more than my other ropes.
FWIW I thought this particular rope (still available) looks terrific, and rather value for money compared to the others. I love the provoked baroque as much as I hate the pearl that looks like garlic (to me). :D

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-4256-50-inch-79-147-mmm-tahitian-harvest-strand.aspx

image_2280.jpg

image_2281.jpg
That one with the 3 circles pops for me out of that strand! The color and the shape! I love it (almost looks carved!)

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me - Sorry about your FIL. Yes the 26" is custom - I asked her to find the most colorful they had from white to dark and I really think she picked some beauties! And I think the additional pearls work well with the strand.

dmz - I think it's great your wife took off her pearls to share with you! Sometimes I bring a favorite strand with me and put it in a drawer so I can look at it all day!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
dmz|1409743016|3743936 said:

Words and actions of a true pearl lover! Now we just need neck shots, please!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you cmd2014.
Thank you pkinnew, I love your new strand so much, I had a feeling it had to be custom. Can't wait to see more pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results