shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I will (try to) remain calm but I am excited for you to find an amazing OEC. :sun:

My original ER diamond was a GIA G and I was sure I would not want to go lower than a G but as you know it's different with old cuts. I never thought I would have the color I have now but I just love it and honestly it faces up so white. It would bother me if I saw a yellow tint but I don't and have never regretted changing my GIA GVS2 for an OEC (GIA) LVS1. Not for one second. Best jewelry decision I ever made and I am finally satiated in the perfect (for me) ER quest.

You really need to see old cuts in person though I think because each stone has its own personality and shows color differently.

I know if you decide to go for an OEC and have patience you will find the perfect one for you too Callie. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy.

Is your pulled muscle still getting better?

Marty and his friend didn’t get great scores in the golf tournament so they said they are ready to quit for the year but they’ll be back playing until it starts snowing. They always want to shoot in the 70’s.

That is too funny that both Greg and Marty have to deal with people across different time zones. Marty got up at 2 am today to work with someone in Serbia. He is fading fast tonight.

I am so sorry to hear about the clinic hiring someone to fill your position one day a week (they can NEVER take your place). However, your email exchange with your boss sounds very positive. Yes, things will be different with the person they hired also working 1 day a week but at least the door isn’t shut on the possibility for your return. As others have said you love your job and your patients like you so hopefully it will work out for you.

I went through several brands of purses. Fossil for a while, then Stone Mountain, then Coach and now I’m buying nylon Tumi. The Tumi are so lightweight and they wear better than leather. I have been using their little wristlets for my billfold and they work great. My nieces and friends benefit when I switch to a new brand because I give away my old purses. I always have to get a matching billfold to match the purse.

Take care!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1409710012|3743786 said:
Hi Missy.

Is your pulled muscle still getting better?

Marty and his friend didn’t get great scores in the golf tournament so they said they are ready to quit for the year but they’ll be back playing until it starts snowing. They always want to shoot in the 70’s.

That is too funny that both Greg and Marty have to deal with people across different time zones. Marty got up at 2 am today to work with someone in Serbia. He is fading fast tonight.

I am so sorry to hear about the clinic hiring someone to fill your position one day a week (they can NEVER take your place). However, your email exchange with your boss sounds very positive. Yes, things will be different with the person they hired also working 1 day a week but at least the door isn’t shut on the possibility for your return. As others have said you love your job and your patients like you so hopefully it will work out for you.

I went through several brands of purses. Fossil for a while, then Stone Mountain, then Coach and now I’m buying nylon Tumi. The Tumi are so lightweight and they wear better than leather. I have been using their little wristlets for my billfold and they work great. My nieces and friends benefit when I switch to a new brand because I give away my old purses. I always have to get a matching billfold to match the purse.

Take care!
Marcy

Hi Marcy, sorry that Marty and his golfing buddy didn't get the scores they wanted but hopefully they still enjoyed playing. 2am is pretty hardcore for a business call. I don't think Greg ever had that late a call though he did have a 5am call so I guess it depends on if you are a morning person or late night person as to which one is the worse time lol. For me 5am would be no big deal as I am awake by 4am these days and usually before that.

I like Tumi luggage and it lasts a long time as it is well made. We bought my parents Tumi luggage last year and they really love it. Pretty too. I like that you give your nieces and friends your old purses. I should start doing that as I just keep everything and not even using them. Thanks for that good idea Marcy!

My pulled muscle is feeling much better thank you but I am now doing the strengthening exercises without the boot on. I think the weight of the boot is too much for my leg to do the exercises with and aggravates the pulled muscle.

Thanks for the encouraging words about my job. I think it is easier for me to focus on that then what I am actually going through re recovery. I am a bit down today. Probably 4 hours sleep the last 2 nights is doing nothing to improve my mood but I wake up around 3AM and then just cannot turn my mind off and I am up for the day. Anyway today I am feeling slightly overwhelmed with all I have before me.

I know I have come a long way and I am glad for that but I have an even longer way to go and I am not seeing any improvement regarding foot and ankle swelling or ankle ROM's. And I have been doing the PT ROM exercises for over a month now I think and I just don't see any improvement.

Greg gets frustrated or maybe disappointed is the better word with me when I start feeling depressed but I cannot hide how I am feeling. He says my leg looks good and I think is he looking at the same leg? I mean if you don't compare it to my right leg it doesn't look horribly swollen but once you look at my right ankle and foot you see a huge difference. And more importantly I still have no ROM in my left ankle. :cry:

I have PT soon and the cleaning woman is coming today because Greg couldn't take it anymore so I called her and scheduled her for today. I am not looking forward to her making a lot of noise all day while I am stuck here but I did it for Greg because he deserves to have the home cleaned as it has been over 2 months since she came. I just wish I could go somewhere else while she is here but today everyone is working and cannot take me anywhere so I will just deal. At least I cannot feel guilty for just sitting here while she is cleaning. I mean a broken leg is as good an excuse as any for sitting on one's butt while the cleaner is here lol.

OK My pity party over and I just needed to vent/share how I am feeling right now. Thanks for listening Marcy and I hope at our next chat I will be more upbeat and cheerful. Hope you have a great day! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw missy, hugs to you sweetie - vent away, I have vented on PS a few times and was pleasantly surprised by how much it helped lol. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time of it, it's understandable and you are entitled to your feelings. Sometimes trying to act like nothing is bothering us makes it worse. So sorry to hear about the poor sleep, I'm sure that's not helping. I wish I lived closer, I would be glad to take you out while the cleaning lady is there! Hang in there and try to relax as best you can - thinking of you and hope you can get a little more sleep tonight.

eta: glad to hear the encouraging news about the job!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1409751786|3743978 said:
Aw missy, hugs to you sweetie - vent away, I have vented on PS a few times and was pleasantly surprised by how much it helped lol. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time of it, it's understandable and you are entitled to your feelings. Sometimes trying to act like nothing is bothering us makes it worse. So sorry to hear about the poor sleep, I'm sure that's not helping. I wish I lived closer, I would be glad to take you out while the cleaning lady is there! Hang in there and try to relax as best you can - thinking of you and hope you can get a little more sleep tonight.

eta: glad to hear the encouraging news about the job!

Thank you so much Junebug.
How did your visit with your mom go? I hope she is progressing well and that you are under less stress and things are going more smoothly for you both.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I'm sorry your feeling down today. It's amazing how lack of sleep can affect our mood. Go ahead and vent. Absolutely no one is a ball of sunshine all the time. I don't know of anyone who enjoys the thought of being suck in the house when there are things they want to do. No one is expecting you to not have bad days. Heck, if you cant vent here what good are we? Just know we are here for you whatever your mood. :wavey:

If it's a nice day is there any way you can sit outside for a while while the housekeeper is there. I know you are not thrilled about the couple hours she will be there but think of how nice it will be when she leaves. At least the house will be clean and you said its important to Greg. He'll probably be in a good mood when he gets home. My husband used to pick on me about how ridiculous it is when the house looks exactly the same as it did before it's clean. He used to say the only difference is he can smell the Pinesol. I used to have to clean the whole house every week or it would drive me crazy.

When are you new earrings expected to arrive? I can't wait to find out how you feel about them in person? It was funny when you posted the pictures of the pairs you were considering. In addition to the ones you purchased, I also liked the 3rd dangly pair. There is no way I would have worn them though. I also have to have have the dangly portion close to my ear. If they are long for some reason I don't wear them. I bought several pairs years ago and just never put them on. I loved the pair you already had with the diamond and rubies as well. Do you wear them often? Your jewelry collection is beautiful Missy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409758904|3744054 said:
Hi Missy, I'm sorry your feeling down today. It's amazing how lack of sleep can affect our mood. Go ahead and vent. Absolutely no one is a ball of sunshine all the time. I don't know of anyone who enjoys the thought of being suck in the house when there are things they want to do. No one is expecting you to not have bad days. Heck, if you cant vent here what good are we? Just know we are here for you whatever your mood. :wavey:

If it's a nice day is there any way you can sit outside for a while while the housekeeper is there. I know you are not thrilled about the couple hours she will be there but think of how nice it will be when she leaves. At least the house will be clean and you said its important to Greg. He'll probably be in a good mood when he gets home. My husband used to pick on me about how ridiculous it is when the house looks exactly the same as it did before it's clean. He used to say the only difference is he can smell the Pinesol. I used to have to clean the whole house every week or it would drive me crazy.

When are you new earrings expected to arrive? I can't wait to find out how you feel about them in person? It was funny when you posted the pictures of the pairs you were considering. In addition to the ones you purchased, I also liked the 3rd dangly pair. There is no way I would have worn them though. I also have to have have the dangly portion close to my ear. If they are long for some reason I don't wear them. I bought several pairs years ago and just never put them on. I loved the pair you already had with the diamond and rubies as well. Do you wear them often? Your jewelry collection is beautiful Missy.

Hi Callie, I feel better now though still very tired and sleepy. For some reason I can fall asleep usually no problem but I wake up a few hours later and I just cannot get back to sleep. Thanks for letting me vent. Both you and Junebug are right in that it helps sharing my feelings for some reason. Like a good cry. It is cathartic in a way.

No way I can get outside by myself. I do have a terrace but it is too tricky with the steps and all so I am not even going to try. I need to avoid any more accidents for now LOL. I did get out this morning for therapy as it is a 10 minute walk/wheel each way so that's good for 20 min of sunshine at least. Victor let me do the arm cycle at the end of my session today so I could get some (very little though) cardio. I miss my cardio. :(sad The arm wheel is pretty cool and not as easy at it looks though I suspect I am a weakling these days after 9 plus (?) weeks of no cardio exercising.

Our cleaning woman and her assistant have been here since 8:30AM and usually are here for a good 6 and a half hours or more. We have a fairly good size apartment and with 4 bathrooms and bedrooms there is a lot to clean. So probably another 3 or so hours to go. She cleaned the living room first for me because that is where I hang out during the day. It's not so bad because she is finally finished in the whole LR/DR/Kitchen area which is all open and it was very noisy while she was vacuuming. Now she is doing the bedrooms and bathrooms so a bit further (and less noisy) away thankfully. Though that vacuum is actually still quite loud.

Oh the new earrings! I am so excited and I thought they were supposed to arrive today but they didn't. :(( So I guess tomorrow. With $39 shipping I would think one day is not to much to ask for and she sent it USPS so it usually takes 1-2 days. I guess the money for shipping is mainly for insurance? I don't know but I prefer when I get jewelry overnighted to me like so many jewelers do.
I am looking forward to getting them and hoping they meet my expectations.

I do wear my ruby and diamond earrings often because they are one of my favorite pairs of earrings. My most worn earrings though have to be my diamond hoops. They go with almost everything and are very blingy yet not overstated. Just the right amount of bling served with a heap of sass. Love my hoops. :appl:

Thank you for the lovely comments about my jewelry collection Callie. I am content with what I have yet there are always more pieces calling my name and I know you hear the same calls hahaha. :cheeky:
And I am looking forward to seeing what you decide to add to your lovely collection. I love your taste and I know it will be gorgeous!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Now I really did it :((f

Hey Missy, Thank you for making me laugh. You better like my taste in jeweley. It's almost identical to yours :appl: You have excellent, excellent taste! In all seriousness I love all your pieces. I've always loved antique jewelry. My moms great aunt had a couple gorgeous old diamond rings. She was born in 1880, never married or had children. She was a career woman long before many women had careers and was a buyer for Marshall Fields department store for many years. She loved fashion and jewelry and had beautiful costume jewelry as well. I played in her jewelry box all the time. I often wonder what happened to her paste pieces as she had many. She died when I was a child but I think that's were my love of jewelry came from. My mom could care less about jewelry.

It's bad enough that you have to be home when the cleaning comes bit to have her there would be torture. If I lived closer I would come take you to lunch or bring lunch to you. honestly don't know why I even have someone come to clean. I spend the while morning putting things away before she comes because a'couple things have been broken. I don't let her dust anything on the main floor as I was noticing scratches and wear on wood furniture and I've noticed my woodwork is getting scuffed up by the way she vacuums. See how picky I am. My girlfriends told me not o bother because I would never be happy with how anyone else cleaned. I love how she cleans the hardwood floors and bathrooms. I pretty much do everything else before she comes so she really doesn't do much.

Can you check on the shipping to find out what day the earrings will be delivered. Your not the only one is a little anxious for them to arrive. Can you tell? I think your going to love them. They will look so pretty with your dark hair. I have to admit small diamond hoops sound wonderful too.

Please know you can always talk about how you feel. This ordeal you have been through would not be easy for anyone and I'm sure there are days everything gets to you. I understand about the not sleeping. I haven't slept well the last couple years since going through menopause. I said something to my doctors nurse about it. Her response was "I haven't had a good night sleep since 2003". She went through it in her early forties and told me this is how it will probably be from now on. I would have loved to see my face as she gave that little piece of news. I usually wake up at three times per night and am up for a least a half hour. I can feel your pain when you say you had another sleepless night. It was awful when I was working because my brain would go into overdrive thinking about everything I needed to do the next day. It doesn't bother me so much now because I know I can sleep until 8:00 am.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy: I must sound like a broken record here but one low-dose Ativan would stop that early-wake to your cycle.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you have a cleaning lady. I was between them when I had my accident. What a PITA that was. I had to let one go in June, she started out well in December but the quality of her work tanked by June. I was cleaning after she left. For our area, I paid her well ($26/hour) so she wasn't disgruntled over pay. One thing, she was constantly on the phone (loudly arguing with family) or FB-ing.

How did you find your cleaning help and what kind of 'relationship' do you have with her/supervision?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Now I really did it :((f

Calliecake|1409766735|3744129 said:
Hey Missy, Thank you for making me laugh. You better like my taste in jeweley. It's almost identical to yours :appl: You have excellent, excellent taste! In all seriousness I love all your pieces. I've always loved antique jewelry. My moms great aunt had a couple gorgeous old diamond rings. She was born in 1880, never married or had children. She was a career woman long before many women had careers and was a buyer for Marshall Fields department store for many years. She loved fashion and jewelry and had beautiful costume jewelry as well. I played in her jewelry box all the time. I often wonder what happened to her paste pieces as she had many. She died when I was a child but I think that's were my love of jewelry came from. My mom could care less about jewelry.

It's bad enough that you have to be home when the cleaning comes bit to have her there would be torture. If I lived closer I would come take you to lunch or bring lunch to you. honestly don't know why I even have someone come to clean. I spend the while morning putting things away before she comes because a'couple things have been broken. I don't let her dust anything on the main floor as I was noticing scratches and wear on wood furniture and I've noticed my woodwork is getting scuffed up by the way she vacuums. See how picky I am. My girlfriends told me not o bother because I would never be happy with how anyone else cleaned. I love how she cleans the hardwood floors and bathrooms. I pretty much do everything else before she comes so she really doesn't do much.

Can you check on the shipping to find out what day the earrings will be delivered. Your not the only one is a little anxious for them to arrive. Can you tell? I think your going to love them. They will look so pretty with your dark hair. I have to admit small diamond hoops sound wonderful too.

Please know you can always talk about how you feel. This ordeal you have been through would not be easy for anyone and I'm sure there are days everything gets to you. I understand about the not sleeping. I haven't slept well the last couple years since going through menopause. I said something to my doctors nurse about it. Her response was "I haven't had a good night sleep since 2003". She went through it in her early forties and told me this is how it will probably be from now on. I would have loved to see my face as she gave that little piece of news. I usually wake up at three times per night and am up for a least a half hour. I can feel your pain when you say you had another sleepless night. It was awful when I was working because my brain would go into overdrive thinking about everything I needed to do the next day. It doesn't bother me so much now because I know I can sleep until 8:00 am.

Callie, thank you for making me laugh and for taking my mind off things for a while and for always being so supportive and encouraging. It goes a very long way in keeping my spirits up and I want you to know how much I appreciate it.

How nice that your great great Aunt helped cultivate your love of vintage pieces and what a great role model re being an independent career woman. In those days that was quite an accomplishment!

I hear you on the cleaning woman. Before the accident I would always "clean" the apartment before she came LOL. I would put away any clutter, straighten up and move things that I thought would get in her way. And I also had problems with her regarding the floors and furniture. She scratched our hardwood (I think by moving chairs while vacuuming) and other incidents. But it makes Greg happy to have her clean so I am just going to go with the flow here. I know many women fight with their dh's to get cleaning people and we have the opposite problem. He had to fight with me to allow one LOL. At least I trust her around the kitties and around our possessions. She is an honest woman IMO and that goes a long way in my book.

I did try tracking the earrings and estimated delivery was today at noon but it is not coming today as the mail has already been delivered. And when I track them it just says in transit but it wasn't picked up till 7:30 PM yesterday so it might not even be in NY yet. I am hoping for delivery tomorrow now.

Aww Callie, I am sorry you also sleep poorly. OMG I LOL'd when I read what the doctor's nurse said to you. "I haven't had a good night sleep since 2003" haha but it's not funny. I was never a great sleeper to be honest. It has just gotten magnified since the accident mainly because I am still not comfortable. Even without the boot and I am still sleeping on my back because my leg feels too weird to manipulate it to sleep on my side still.

So I did get to go out for an hour or so today and enjoy the sunshine and some starbucks iced herbal passion tea too. :sun: Greg worked from home today since the cleaning woman came and to keep me company even though he had a busy day especially after taking me to PT for an hour. Anyway his 12:30 conference call got canceled and he told me we could go out for an hour if I wanted (woohoo!) and I took him up on that offer you betcha. ;))

It was perfect timing because the vacuuming started getting louder as she was cleaning the library which is right next to our living room where I was hanging out. So we went out and enjoyed some of the lovely weather. A nice and welcome surprise.

I hope you have a lovely evening and a good night's sleep! We have a lot in common. Our love of jewelry and our lack of sleep. Wonder if the 2 are related hmmm. Sleep deprivation fuels our desire for more pretty gems to brighten our waking hours... :devil:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1409766853|3744130 said:
Hi Missy: I must sound like a broken record here but one low-dose Ativan would stop that early-wake to your cycle.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you have a cleaning lady. I was between them when I had my accident. What a PITA that was. I had to let one go in June, she started out well in December but the quality of her work tanked by June. I was cleaning after she left. For our area, I paid her well ($26/hour) so she wasn't disgruntled over pay. One thing, she was constantly on the phone (loudly arguing with family) or FB-ing.

How did you find your cleaning help and what kind of 'relationship' do you have with her/supervision?

Hi azstonie! No you don't sound like a broken record at all. I appreciate the reminder about the Ativan. I am just hesitant because I don't want to take any meds I don't need to take if you kwim. But perhaps it is time to revisit the issue. Only problem is it probably means I have to go to my doctor (internist perhaps?) to get a prescription because no way he is going to just prescribe it to me without talking to me. That's a pretty heavy duty med if memory serves me correctly and my internist is sort of anti meds so not sure if I can even get the Rx for it especially for the reason I want it for-sleep. And I don't want to lie to him and tell him I am more anxious than normal so I can get it. Let me think about who I can ask but I keep going back to the internist.

I am sorry you have been having trouble finding a good cleaning person. We have been through a number of cleaning people in the last 2 decades and it seems they all last for a few years and then something happens. I usually find people through word of mouth and that is no exception with our current person. She has cleaned for my mom's best friend for well over 10 years and my mom's friend loves her and recommended her to me when my last cleaning person moved away. So I had her come and she did a decent job and Greg was happy and that was good enough for me. And I knew she is trustworthy because of my mom's friend having her clean for them for so long.

As for the supervising I leave that to Greg pretty much. He is the more picky one when it comes to this sort of thing so in the beginning he told her exactly what he wanted done and after the first visit he corrected whatever he didn't like. Sure she still makes mistakes like leaving the dimmers on. We have most of our lights on dimmers and somehow no matter how many times we explain it to her she manages to leave some on very low where you can barely tell the light is on and it makes me laugh because it is such a simple thing but not important enough to upset us.

We are not difficult customers and generally we are pleased with her cleaning. I mean if we had the energy and inclination I am sure we could do a more thorough job but I don't on either count and neither does Greg. We don't supervise her and usually we are not even here when she is though after she scratched the floors and another incident I got pissed and told Greg he had to be here when she was cleaning so he worked from his home office when she came but he never really comes out to supervise her. And I don't feel the need to make him continue doing that anymore. Unless something else happens that is.

The way I found our cleaning person at the beach house is a funny story. We were cycling by the ocean and we saw a cleaning crew in front of this amazing house I have always admired. I stopped and got off the bike and spoke to the woman in charge (they were finished cleaning and were packing their equipment up in the car) and she came to our beach house to give us an estimate that evening. I figured if people at that beautiful beach house were trusting her to clean then she had to be good. I called the list of references she gave me and they sang her praises. And they were so right. She is super. But also super expensive. We pay her $225 a visit. It is expensive down there to find someone good. Really more than I want to spend but again it makes Greg happy and we only have her come once a month so at least that is one way to keep the expense down.

If you are having trouble finding someone your best bet is a friend/family referral/recommendation and if that doesn't work how about Angie's list? I don't belong but I have had more than a few people sing its praises on finding contractors and service personnel.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad your day turned out a little better than expected missy! It's great that you got out with Greg for a bit, that worked out well! Thank you for asking about my mother with everything you have going on - yes, things seem to be going a little more smoothly this week, so hopefully things are on the upswing (well, at least not getting worse lol!) - have a good night, fingers crossed you get some sleep!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been reading through the posts and am always glad to hear that you are doing as well as can be expected. I suspect you are sort of in that slump now where pain is not horrendous and yet the progress seems so slow. It must be frustrating to want to get up and go so badly and yet you can't. I would imagine that's where some of the sleep problems come from too - just not enough energy expended to make you really tired enough to sleep through. I would definitely ask the doctor for something to help you get a good night's sleep - even if it's as simple as Tylenol PM. Sitting all day and then lying awake all night would definitely make for long stretches of time!

The new earrings look beautiful and I'm sure they will be a good pick-me-up for you. How thoughtful of your husband to think about getting these for you now! Can't wait to see some pictures of them.

Take care - when do you actually go back to the doctor for a follow up?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

I am sorry you are feeling down today. Sometimes when I get depressed I’ll watch a really sad movie and have a good cry then I feel better or go the other way and read something that will make me laugh like Snoopy, Calvin and Hobbes or Far Side. I also find it works better for me if I set small goals and work towards them rather than looking at the overall big picture. It seems so much more achievable that way. Of course you can’t rush or control how quickly you heal but you can continue to work at improving your strength to aid your recovery. I know you are working very hard at PT and doing exactly what the doctors and PT tell you. I am like you that I can’t turn off my mind so I then can’t go to sleep. You do have a lot in front of you but you have come so far already. PS Hugs coming your way. You can have a pity party anytime you want. I’ll listen!

I am glad your muscle is feeling better. I bet the heavy boot would pull on your leg and muscles.

You and Greg will enjoy having a clean house. I feel kind of weird when our house cleaner is here working too if I’m just setting around. That is funny you clean up before your cleaners come. I pick up things around here too. Marty thinks that is kind of funny.

I am glad you and Greg got to go out today. That makes for a special day getting out and spending time with Greg. It was beautiful here today too – not even windy. That’s unusual for Wyoming!

I can stay up pretty late but I sure hate to get up early. Marty seems to get by on little sleep but I worry someday it will catch up with him. He got up about 3:30 today but so far he plans on sleeping in until about 5 tomorrow.

Marty uses Tumi luggage and briefcases for travel and they wear really well. We bought him Samsonite when he started traveling a lot and some of it was busted in a year. I have a Tumi laptop bag but I haven’t used it too often. A good friend of mine lives about 3 blocks from us and she was over one night so I gave her a bunch of Coach stuff. She said she felt like a thief walking home that night. I give my nieces jewelry I don’t wear anymore too. We moved about 2 years ago and since then I have not been much of a saver. We threw out tons of stuff and still moved too many things.

Marty cooked London broil on the grill tonight and we had rice and squash with it. Easy dishes too since most of it was cooked on the grill. He is heading to Serbia on Sunday and will get back the following Saturday.

I hope your pretty earrings come tomorrow. I am anxious to see them.

Take care.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good thoughts 're cleaning help, Missy, thank you!

're Ativan. It is a benzodiazepine. Not the heavy hitter (that is Valium, which has a substantial muscle relaxation effect), it is used for difficulty maintaining sleep. Lot of people find it helpful for initiating sleep also. Xanax, it's best buddy, is for anxiety and trouble initiating sleep due to a worrying or overactive mind.

You would be having accident-related use. Not due to psychiatric illness. short term use. Your prescribing person would write a first prescription for 0.5 mg, you would first try a half pill for a 0.25 dose. If that is not efficacious, add the other half-pill . Take 20 minutes before bed. Any PA, NP or physician can prescribe it. My internist has written for it, my old shrink does now, and I've also gotten it at urgent care/doc in the box.

Contraindicated in alcoholics and most drug addicts. It is addicting if used in that manner for a substantial period of time. Benzos are excellent for what they are intended for.

The problem with Tylenol pm type concoctions is brain fog that lingers. My internist actually prefer patients use the occasional Ativan rather than diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Benadryl is not good for sleep maintenance, which is your sleep dysfunction.

If you're embarrassed try the doc/box, tell em your injury is causing sleep maintenance problems and your friend the nurse recommended you try it. There is a state database of who is getting what drugs, any provider can check to see that you aren't an addict or drug seeker.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1409789845|3744377 said:
So glad your day turned out a little better than expected missy! It's great that you got out with Greg for a bit, that worked out well! Thank you for asking about my mother with everything you have going on - yes, things seem to be going a little more smoothly this week, so hopefully things are on the upswing (well, at least not getting worse lol!) - have a good night, fingers crossed you get some sleep!

Junebug, I am so glad things are going more smoothly for you and your mother. Continuing to keep you both in my thoughts.

It does make a difference to be able to get outside even for a little while and yesterday was a gorgeous weather day. Sunny with low humidity and temperature in the low 80's F. I also slept better last night and thank you so much for all your good wishes!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks said:
I have been reading through the posts and am always glad to hear that you are doing as well as can be expected. I suspect you are sort of in that slump now where pain is not horrendous and yet the progress seems so slow. It must be frustrating to want to get up and go so badly and yet you can't. I would imagine that's where some of the sleep problems come from too - just not enough energy expended to make you really tired enough to sleep through. I would definitely ask the doctor for something to help you get a good night's sleep - even if it's as simple as Tylenol PM. Sitting all day and then lying awake all night would definitely make for long stretches of time!

The new earrings look beautiful and I'm sure they will be a good pick-me-up for you. How thoughtful of your husband to think about getting these for you now! Can't wait to see some pictures of them.

Take care - when do you actually go back to the doctor for a follow up?

Hi MissGotRocks, thank you for caring enough to keep up with my slow progress boring as it is. I appreciate your support and good wishes because I feel all the good thoughts and encouragement from everyone and it makes me stronger and more determined to get through this successfully.

I agree that being so inactive all day long has got to impact my sleeping. We actually went to Crunch gym yesterday which is only 2 blocks away from where we live to inquire about their arm cycle. They would still charge me the initiation fee and regular monthly fee (though they are running a special now but probably they are always running some sort of special LOL) even though I can only use that one piece of equipment which was disappointing as my physical therapist thought they might be able to give me a special membership at a reduced rate. But that is not the problem.

The problem is even though it is only 2 blocks away I still cannot get there by myself. I am not strong enough to do the walker for the 2 blocks and back and the streets by us are all chopped up and uneven and very difficult finding real curb cuts so it is a mess of obstacles. So I am putting the gym thing on hold right now.

We did order a TRX machine which just got delivered last night and it was very reasonably priced. We ordered it because they have that at the PT place I go to and I saw some of the PT patients using it and even though I probably cannot use it yet it is something Greg can enjoy and hopefully I can start some basic arm exercises with it at some point in the near future.
https://www.trxtraining.com

I am just longing for aerobics but I have to be patient. And honestly the arm cycle while it would have been something is not the same aerobic activity as the elliptical or even bicycle so no great loss I guess. Though I would love to have some independence back to be able to go 2 blocks by myself or even take a shower by myself! That would be lovely. But I am getting closer and closer to being better and I am keeping mostly upbeat and looking forward to a healthier and stronger future to be sure.

I am looking forward to receiving the earrings. LOL the date of estimated delivery still states yesterday Sept 3rd at noon. Haha love the way they update the tracking. Hoping they come today and hoping they are beautiful and comfortable on my ears. They are at my weight limit (5.2 grams total) so here's hoping they are not too heavy for my earlobes.

I have my next follow up with the surgeon sometime in the beginning of October. I cannot recall the exact date right now but I think it could be first or second Thursday in October. I know it feels like a long time and I would not have minded going back sooner for more X-rays and a check of my biggest incision which is still bothering me but this is when he wanted to see me. I guess it is not helpful for them to evaluate my progress any sooner as things move quite slowly regarding this injury. We are in the first week of Sept so probably time will go quickly and before I know it I will be weight bearing and hopefully successfully walking. Fingers and toes crossed!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1409796072|3744420 said:
Hi Missy,

I am sorry you are feeling down today. Sometimes when I get depressed I’ll watch a really sad movie and have a good cry then I feel better or go the other way and read something that will make me laugh like Snoopy, Calvin and Hobbes or Far Side. I also find it works better for me if I set small goals and work towards them rather than looking at the overall big picture. It seems so much more achievable that way. Of course you can’t rush or control how quickly you heal but you can continue to work at improving your strength to aid your recovery. I know you are working very hard at PT and doing exactly what the doctors and PT tell you. I am like you that I can’t turn off my mind so I then can’t go to sleep. You do have a lot in front of you but you have come so far already. PS Hugs coming your way. You can have a pity party anytime you want. I’ll listen!

I am glad your muscle is feeling better. I bet the heavy boot would pull on your leg and muscles.

You and Greg will enjoy having a clean house. I feel kind of weird when our house cleaner is here working too if I’m just setting around. That is funny you clean up before your cleaners come. I pick up things around here too. Marty thinks that is kind of funny.

I am glad you and Greg got to go out today. That makes for a special day getting out and spending time with Greg. It was beautiful here today too – not even windy. That’s unusual for Wyoming!

I can stay up pretty late but I sure hate to get up early. Marty seems to get by on little sleep but I worry someday it will catch up with him. He got up about 3:30 today but so far he plans on sleeping in until about 5 tomorrow.

Marty uses Tumi luggage and briefcases for travel and they wear really well. We bought him Samsonite when he started traveling a lot and some of it was busted in a year. I have a Tumi laptop bag but I haven’t used it too often. A good friend of mine lives about 3 blocks from us and she was over one night so I gave her a bunch of Coach stuff. She said she felt like a thief walking home that night. I give my nieces jewelry I don’t wear anymore too. We moved about 2 years ago and since then I have not been much of a saver. We threw out tons of stuff and still moved too many things.

Marty cooked London broil on the grill tonight and we had rice and squash with it. Easy dishes too since most of it was cooked on the grill. He is heading to Serbia on Sunday and will get back the following Saturday.

I hope your pretty earrings come tomorrow. I am anxious to see them.

Take care.
Marcy

Oh Marcy, I so appreciate you hanging in here with me. You are so kind to continue to encourage me the whole way through. I need you to know how much it means to me. Thank you.

LOL I love Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side. I was so disappointed when Bill Watterson retired from Calvin and Hobbes. It was my favorite comic.

Yes, Greg thinks it is silly for me to "clean" before the cleaning woman comes and truthfully before this there wasn't too much to clean anyway as I always vacuumed often (4 cats and all) and kept up with the clutter. But yesterday she really earned her pay since I haven't been able to be on top of it all for the last 2 plus months. And though Greg does vacuum and do what he can it was still in need of a good cleaning!

Seems Marty and I keep similar schedules though for very different reasons. Hope he manages to get some quality and even quantity sleep soon!

Your friend and nieces are lucky! I have some vintage Coach bags and I enjoy them. They are well made and well retro and I love retro. Glad Marty is getting some good use of the Tumi luggage. They are durable.

Your dinner sounds yummy and I don't even eat red meat so that's saying something. But I love grilled food and the squash sounds delicious. I love squash and in fact when I first became a vegetarian/vegan (now I am a pescetarian and no longer vegan so I eat fish) spaghetti squash was one of my first dishes. It is squash just made into spaghetti like strips with vegetables and whatever vegan protein you want to add. Very delicious. It's been a long while since I enjoyed that dish.

I will update you re the earring situation. Still no further tracking info available. Hoping they come today.

Wishing Marty safe travels to Serbia and a safe and quick return to you Marcy!

calvinandhobbes.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1409799903|3744449 said:

're Ativan. It is a benzodiazepine. Not the heavy hitter (that is Valium, which has a substantial muscle relaxation effect), it is used for difficulty maintaining sleep. Lot of people find it helpful for initiating sleep also. Xanax, it's best buddy, is for anxiety and trouble initiating sleep due to a worrying or overactive mind.

You would be having accident-related use. Not due to psychiatric illness. short term use. Your prescribing person would write a first prescription for 0.5 mg, you would first try a half pill for a 0.25 dose. If that is not efficacious, add the other half-pill . Take 20 minutes before bed. Any PA, NP or physician can prescribe it. My internist has written for it, my old shrink does now, and I've also gotten it at urgent care/doc in the box.

Contraindicated in alcoholics and most drug addicts. It is addicting if used in that manner for a substantial period of time. Benzos are excellent for what they are intended for.

The problem with Tylenol pm type concoctions is brain fog that lingers. My internist actually prefer patients use the occasional Ativan rather than diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Benadryl is not good for sleep maintenance, which is your sleep dysfunction.

If you're embarrassed try the doc/box, tell em your injury is causing sleep maintenance problems and your friend the nurse recommended you try it. There is a state database of who is getting what drugs, any provider can check to see that you aren't an addict or drug seeker.

Thank you azstonie. I hope it helps you find someone trustworthy and competent. It can be difficult finding cleaning people I know.

Thanks for that advice regarding the Ativan and the reason behind asking for it. Very helpful and I see the benefit.

So Xanax would not be as good? A friend of mine is offering to give me some of her Xanax to see if it helps me but now I am thinking I shouldn't try Xanax but get an Rx for Ativan?

I agree with you about Benadryl and Tylenol PM. I have tried them both and usually end up with a sleep hangover the next morning. Though in a pinch at least it puts me out for a few welcome hours when sleep just refuses to come. But you are right in that while they might help me get to sleep they don't allow me to stay asleep for a good length of time. Benadryl was helpful in the first few nights of my accident when I was on oxy and could not sleep due to the pain. I took Benadryl and it at least put me out of my misery for a few hours. Now however since I am off Oxy and not having much trouble (usually knock wood) falling asleep but staying asleep I can see where the benzos might come in handy.

Azstonie, thank you as always for all your valuable advice and info and helping me through all these months. I am so grateful and appreciative you rejoined PS to help me. I will always remember your kindness.

I am attaching pics of 2 more pairs of my compression socks. My faves are the polka dots but they are all cute. I have quite a collection now and I will post the turquoise pair when I wear them. I thought a little sock eye candy could cheer things up as well as being a practical purchase ;-)

polkadottedcompressionsocks.jpg

stripedcompressionsocks.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy :wavey:

Glad to see you are making slow but steady improvement. I know it doesn't feel that way at times, but I'm sure you will get in to your next appointment and impress all the doctors with how well you are doing :))

I love that exercise system you got! It looks so versatile!

Have you thought about having a yoga instructor in your home? I met a couple through the class at my school who do such things. It is more expensive than a big class somewhere, but not that bad (I think one was wanting something like $40 per visit?). There was one in particular I really liked. She tailors routines to what you can do and is amazing at finding stuff you can do with various injuries.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1409834669|3744624 said:

Glad to see you are making slow but steady improvement. I know it doesn't feel that way at times, but I'm sure you will get in to your next appointment and impress all the doctors with how well you are doing :))

Have you thought about having a yoga instructor in your home? I met a couple through the class at my school who do such things. It is more expensive than a big class somewhere, but not that bad (I think one was wanting something like $40 per visit?). There was one in particular I really liked. She tailors routines to what you can do and is amazing at finding stuff you can do with various injuries.

Hi TooPatient, thanks for that suggestion. I never did Yoga before. Doesn't that involve flexibility and such? Would I be able to do that now do you think? I cannot sit on the floor at all right now and sitting with my legs crossed obviously impossible. I keep my leg elevated most of the day and while I am sleeping too as it hurts to keep it down with the blood rushing to it and causing more swelling and the color to turn purple. So (and I am not sure if you can answer this so don't worry if you cannot) do you think yoga is something I can do now? If so I am interested even if it is a bit costly to get a private instructor if there is benefit to it. I can ask my physical therapist today actually as I have an afternoon appointment today to make up for missing Monday Labor day since they were closed.

Thank you for that suggestion and I hope your situation was resolved successfully and that all is peaceful for you now! And also good luck to "A" in school as I believe that has started already. :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1409835515|3744633 said:
TooPatient|1409834669|3744624 said:

Hi TooPatient, thanks for that suggestion. I never did Yoga before. Doesn't that involve flexibility and such? Would I be able to do that now do you think? I cannot sit on the floor at all right now and sitting with my legs crossed obviously impossible. I keep my leg elevated most of the day and while I am sleeping too as it hurts to keep it down with the blood rushing to it and causing more swelling and the color to turn purple. So (and I am not sure if you can answer this so don't worry if you cannot) do you think yoga is something I can do now? If so I am interested even if it is a bit costly to get a private instructor if there is benefit to it. I can ask my physical therapist today actually as I have an afternoon appointment today to make up for missing Monday Labor day since they were closed.

Thank you for that suggestion and I hope your situation was resolved successfully and that all is peaceful for you now! And also good luck to "A" in school as I believe that has started already. :wavey:

I only did a couple of quarters so I'm not too sure if you'd be able to yet. The one woman I talked with was willing to work with DH when he couldn't stand up and was unable to move much at all (B12 deficiency so generalized inability to move). She seemed confident there were plenty of things he could start on and she would tailor each visit to what he could do each time. We weren't able to follow up on this as his disability was denied (that was fun :nono: ).

You might have to check with a few different people. Another I talked with enjoyed her fixed routine and didn't really see that you could do anything else. A good instructor should be able to work with you on some breathing and upper body stuff at least. I was shocked at how much strength was required!

"A" is in school. Weird schedule but we're adjusting. She has choir before school, the regular six classes, then digital design after. We had no idea they were doing after school classes. It is a new thing and we didn't hear about it until Saturday (of Labor Day weekend)!
"A" doesn't mind -- it means she got an extra elective :))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1409799903|3744449 said:

Wow Aztonie, I learn so much from your posts.

Hi Missy, I've take Xanax .25 maybe two or three times a month when I haven't been able to sleep for a week. It has really helped me. I was prescribed Ambien and had a terrible reaction to it. They prescribed Xanax to use instead. I also like it because I usually have a couple panic attacks every spring and I can us it for that as well.

How are you feeling today? Were you able to get any sleep last night?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient, that's cool that "A" gets an extra elective. It sounds as if she has a diverse and interesting schedule. Good for her! That's how school should be. Engaging and interesting for the students. Glad to hear she has the opportunity to learn things she is enthusiastic about. :appl:

Can you believe I forgot to ask my therapist lol. I just got back and totally forgot until I got home. I will try remembering to ask him tomorrow.

Thanks Callie. I did get a decent night's sleep last night so yay on that and I am feeling well. I don't like Ambien either. And while I didn't have a bad reaction to it per se as I took it on and off for a few years I never really liked it or the way it made me feel so I finally quit taking it entirely about 2 years ago.

Since then I haven't felt the need for any sleeping aids as I don't get stressed over a few nights poor sleep. However since this is more than a few nights I guess I will consider asking for some help via meds. Thanks for sharing what works for you. I am sorry you have panic attacks and hope they are few and far between and mild when they occur.(((Hugs))).

My earrings didn't come yet. :(( Where are they? I paid $29 shipping and they were supposed to arrive yesterday. The jeweler emailed me this morning and apologized that they didn't arrive yesterday and told me they should come today. The mail came right before I went to therapy (12:30 pm) and now it's 2:30 pm so I think there is no chance they are coming today as I think they were coming via USPS. And to add insult to injury when I track them it still shows scheduled delivery Sept 3rd at noon. OMG update the tracking already please. I mean I am not worried but I am just impatient! LOL I guess this accident and whole ordeal has not taught me patience yet. Sigh. :(sad

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we have paid PRIMO shipping rates for immediate delivery, DELAY is unacceptable!!!

When its bling involved, immediate gratification takes too long!

Missy, re the Ativan, have it on hand. You may never use it, you may use it occasionally. But you have it and if, God forbid, you get a wake event going strong in your sleep cycle you can stop that right in its tracks if you have it on hand.

Xanax was a game changer for me when my parents were laying on the abusive behavior thick and frequent and my employer went nutz on the employees. It was too much all at once for me PLUS I was just starting the menopausal process (yay). With the Xanax, I was able to sleep at night and be calmer and my rational brain could come to the forefront and make good decisions and communicate those and after a few weeks I was done with nightly Xanax. Its great for the odd panic attack too, just like Callie says, not the you have those.

Ambien does not work for me and frankly the practitioners I know are extremely uncomfortable with it as the continued notifications from the FDA pile up. Anyone with a sleep disorder (I'm a sleep walker/talker/vivid dreamer) should not take Ambien. My internist was called to testify in a trial of one of her patients who was using Tylenol PM to sleep and had gotten in a terrible car accident first thing in the morning. Her patient lost the case due to being found impaired from the diphenhydramine (several chemists/pharmacologists testified about brain fog from diphenhydramine). This was when she started advising Ativan, which has 0 morning brain fog or hangover involved in the morning.

You're going to be going through a lot in the coming year as you rehab. Have them on hand.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Oh No.. they haven't arrived yet??? Can you call and find out how they were shipped and get a tracking number? If so, call the carrier and speak to a live person. Mybe they can help you locate the package. I'm a little concerned because it's showing the estimated schedule date for yesterday. Most shipping companies are really good at helping you. At least that has been my experience.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1409859686|3744875 said:
When we have paid PRIMO shipping rates for immediate delivery, DELAY is unacceptable!!!

When its bling involved, immediate gratification takes too long!

Missy, re the Ativan, have it on hand. You may never use it, you may use it occasionally. But you have it and if, God forbid, you get a wake event going strong in your sleep cycle you can stop that right in its tracks if you have it on hand.

Xanax was a game changer for me when my parents were laying on the abusive behavior thick and frequent and my employer went nutz on the employees. It was too much all at once for me PLUS I was just starting the menopausal process (yay). With the Xanax, I was able to sleep at night and be calmer and my rational brain could come to the forefront and make good decisions and communicate those and after a few weeks I was done with nightly Xanax. Its great for the odd panic attack too, just like Callie says, not the you have those.

Ambien does not work for me and frankly the practitioners I know are extremely uncomfortable with it as the continued notifications from the FDA pile up. Anyone with a sleep disorder (I'm a sleep walker/talker/vivid dreamer) should not take Ambien. My internist was called to testify in a trial of one of her patients who was using Tylenol PM to sleep and had gotten in a terrible car accident first thing in the morning. Her patient lost the case due to being found impaired from the diphenhydramine (several chemists/pharmacologists testified about brain fog from diphenhydramine). This was when she started advising Ativan, which has 0 morning brain fog or hangover involved in the morning.

You're going to be going through a lot in the coming year as you rehab. Have them on hand.

Regarding the earrings, Delay is unacceptable! One day priority shipping. Is that just a loose suggestion? :angryfire: Hahaha. :cheeky:

Thanks for the thinking behind the Ativan. I have 2 choices. Ask the surgeon's PA via email for an Rx to be mailed or ask my internist. I am not sure who would be more likely to give it to me without making me come in for an office visit. I agree that it is a good idea especially because I know I have some challenging times ahead concerning my rehab.

Oh! I just remembered I do have Klonopin somewhere in the house. Months ago my mom's rheumatologist saw me when I was going through the chest/neck/arm burning and he gave me an Rx because he said it might help if it was a muscle spasm. Or something like that because I did tell him I wasn't anxious (I am aware that Klonopin can help anxiety too) and he said he would help a variety of symptoms and told me to try it. I never did though. I don't know why I am reluctant to try these meds. In fact when I was taken to the ER the day of the accident I refused all pain meds for 4 hours. They offered me everything LOL. All the good stuff. Morphine, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone and a few others. I finally took some Tylenol. Haha I am stubborn. But after 4 hours of pain I relented. The pain was very intense. I had no choice.

So do you think Klonopin (if I can find where I put it that is) would be helpful re sleep? I remember the rheumatologist said it would make me tired so to take it once a day before bed. I believe it has a longer half life though so might affect me in the AM which would be a negative. However it would mean I wouldn't have to ask one of my doctor's to write me an Rx and I am reluctant because I don't want to have to go in for an office visit. Too exhausting and rough on my leg for anything but a short trip right now. Thoughts on the Klonopin?

Also, I have yet to try the Holy Basil rainwood recommended though I sent Greg out that very day to get some for me lol. Maybe while I am waiting to get Ativan (or Xanax) I can try the Holy Basil. I think it is supposed to be relaxing and I haven't tried it yet because basically I am feeling good given all that I am going through. Really very low anxiety (for now at least).

OK now where are my earrings!!!! :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409860323|3744887 said:
Hi Missy, Oh No.. they haven't arrived yet??? Can you call and find out how they were shipped and get a tracking number? If so, call the carrier and speak to a live person. Mybe they can help you locate the package. I'm a little concerned because it's showing the estimated schedule date for yesterday. Most shipping companies are really good at helping you. At least that has been my experience.

LOL Callie. Your experience is very different than mine. At least with the US postal service that is. I agree Fed Ex and UPS are usually pretty good but the USPS well let's just say getting someone to chat with might be challenging and an exercise in futility.

I filled out an online form and can expect to hear back in 2 days. HA. 2 days. So much for efficiency LOL. If I don't get any info or the earrings by later I might email the jeweler but I don't want to be a pain because she took the initiative this morning and emailed me about it without me asking her where are the earrings. But I am tempted to email her now telling her they have not yet arrived since she did say they will be here today since they didn't show up yesterday as promised.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, All my experience has been with FedEx and UPS. Seriously, they told you 2 days before you can expect to hear back. 2 DAYS!!!! That's ridiculous. Does USPS have a good record for not losing packages? I'll go try to look it up when I'm done with this post.

I meant to tell you earlier it was so nice of Greg to let you have the earrings earlier than you expected.

Sorry Missy, I'm off to look up USPS track record now

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409862518|3744920 said:
Missy, All my experience has been with FedEx and UPS. Seriously, they told you 2 days before you can expect to hear back. 2 DAYS!!!! That's ridiculous. Does USPS have a good record for not losing packages? I'll go try to look it up when I'm done with this post.

I meant to tell you earlier it was so nice of Greg to let you have the earrings earlier than you expected.

Sorry Missy, I'm off to look up USPS track record now

I think USPS is very safe for packages and that is why many people use them. It is rare to lose a package though I have had mail delayed or lost for a long while. Though never jewelry thankfully. And hoping that it arrives by tomorrow now. I am annoyed because I was looking forward to it and frankly I am just tired of things not going smoothly from little (this) to big (my health this year). I know it could always be worse sure but it would be nice if things started going smoothly for a change. Though I cannot complain because I am doing well knock wood so far. Slow but steady. So scratch any complaining on my part LOL.

I agree with you Greg is a sweetheart. But this gift is not early per se. It is actually late because my birthday was August 10th as you know and so kindly started a bday thread for me dear Callie! And our real anniversary was actually August 3rd though we celebrate our anniversary November 13th the original planned wedding day- the day we had the wedding with our friends and family. Whereas August 3rd was sort of a spontaneous whim on my part (imagine that hahaha :lol: ) where we eloped to city hall and got married by a judge. So while it might be early for the holidays it is 2/3 late (or 2/4 depending on if you count the holidays as one or two because we celebrate both Christmas and hanukkah lol confusing enough as it is!) and in my book that equals it all out. LOL. How do you like Missy logic? :cheeky: :devil: :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results