shape
carat
color
clarity

If you have small calves and ankles where do you find boots?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I'm having problems finding boots that don't make me look like a pirate or a stork. If you've got thin calves and ankles where do you shop and what has worked for you. I'm tired of lace up boots.

P.S. I've tried Duo boots. I wound up having to return a pair and re order and that gets expensive because they are in the UK.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: If you have small calves and ankles where do you find bo

I don't have the answer but I feel your pain! :wavey: As a petite person - I also struggle with this problem. Seems like lots of elastic options for larger lassies and none for smaller ones. ;( Perhaps go to a cobbler and see if he/she could alter them for you?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

HotPozzum|1409703272|3743711 said:
I don't have the answer but I feel your pain! :wavey: As a petite person - I also struggle with this problem. Seems like lots of elastic options for larger lassies and none for smaller ones. ;( Perhaps go to a cobbler and see if he/she could alter them for you?

I did once have a pair altered once. I guess that's an option if I can't find anything straight off the shelf. Only works with certain styles of course. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My favorite are the Stuart Weitzman 50/50 boot but they are not cheap. Worth every penny IMO though. Every penny. But it is an OTK boot so not sure if that is what you are looking for. I found a pic from this winter where you can see the boots.

My best luck for boots otherwise are Duo which you don't care for. You know shipping is free if you pay full price and only $20 if it's on sale and they have some awesome sales. I read the description of the fit and the reviews and I usually am happy with them when they arrive. I find the reviews are very helpful regarding the specific boot's fit.

Other than that I like HotPozzum's suggestion and have gone that route too. My cobbler is awesome and has tailored a number of boots for me where it is a perfect fit.

stuartweitzman5050boot.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

missy|1409703819|3743716 said:
My favorite are the Stuart Weitzman 50/50 boot but they are not cheap. Worth every penny IMO though. Every penny. But it is an OTK boot so not sure if that is what you are looking for. I found a pic from this winter where you can see the boots.

My best luck for boots otherwise are Duo which you don't care for. You know shipping is free if you pay full price and only $20 if it's on sale and they have some awesome sales. I read the description of the fit and the reviews and I usually am happy with them when they arrive. I find the reviews are very helpful regarding the specific boot's fit.

Other than that I like HotPozzum's suggestion and have gone that route too. My cobbler is awesome and has tailored a number of boots for me where it is a perfect fit.
I own one pair of Duo boots. They are okay. But The first pair I bought I didn't like and it costs $40.00 to return them :(

Those are cute.
I will check out Stuart Weitzman.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Innerkitten, I feel your pain! I have the same problem. I've heard a shoe maker can take them in but I've never tried it. Please let me know if you find any that are made smaller. What type of heel do you want the boot to have?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Calliecake|1409705076|3743734 said:
Innerkitten, I feel your pain! I have the same problem. I've heard a shoe maker can take them in but I've never tried it. Please let me know if you find any that are made smaller. What type of heel do you want the boot to have?

I like lower heels. I will let you know if I find anything!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock

Aquatalia boots have smaller calf circumferences. I think 13 in.?

I like buying boots on Nordstrom's web site because they tell you the calf circumference and they have free shipping AND return shipping.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Guilty Pleasure said:
Aquatalia boots have smaller calf circumferences. I think 13 in.?

I like buying boots on Nordstrom's web site because they tell you the calf circumference and they have free shipping AND return shipping.

I like Aquatalia too. I think you are right in that many of their boots are about 13 inches so not as narrow as some but it might work well for you depending on your calf size and length and fit preference.
Here's a pic of my newest Aquatalia boots I got this winter. The plus with these are they are water resistant and good for the snow. But not as narrow/close a fit as I like.

I'm also adding a pic of my suede Stuart Weitzman boots. I prefer the smooth leather pairs I have vs the suede pair but it is a nice change and works well with certain outfits. They fit very close to the leg and they work well for so many different calf shapes. Is there a Stuart Weitzman store near you? If so just go in and try all their boots to see if there is a style that you like and works well for you. I searched high and low for great fitting boots (and had DUO as my fall back) until I found this brand and it is great quality too.

I also have a Cole Haan OTK waterproof boot that is really pretty. I got it for wear in the snow and other inclement weather and I have to say it makes a nice fashion statement too. I had to get them altered by my cobbler but now they are perfect. No pics though sorry.

Zappos is another good website for ordering boots. They include measurements usually and also like Nordstrom's have free shipping and returns.
http://www.zappos.com/women-boots~1F

They also have some Stuart Weitzman styles.
http://www.zappos.com/stuart-weitzman-boots-5050

http://www.zappos.com/stuart-weitzman-boots#!/stuart-weitzman-boots-shoes/CK_XAToCohXiAgIBBw.zso?t=stuart+weitzman+boots

aquatalia.jpg

aquatalia.jpeg

suedestuartweitzman.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I second Stuart Weitzman boots-I have a lovely red heel pair (that I never wear so if any of you guys wear size 37 (or 38 can't recall) and want to swap out some sexy red heeled boots for a pair of flats please let me know lol! i paid nearly 500.00 for them prior to moving to Canada and since they are heels I never wear them :(

I did find a lovely pair at Cabelas of all places-they didn't fit me tightly but they looked great anyways. 100% leather and under 100.00 and it was their line of boots. Wish I had gotten them in brown too but they were sold out.

I also had some great luck at aldo quite a few years ago-so much so I bought both the fake leather and the other style-but once again those are 4" spiked heels which I no longer wear either.

Looks like they still have the boots I bought but they increased the price

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/68802/cabelas-womens-destination-buckle-boots

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

vintagelover229|1409757874|3744035 said:
I second Stuart Weitzman boots-I have a lovely red heel pair (that I never wear so if any of you guys wear size 37 (or 38 can't recall) and want to swap out some sexy red heeled boots for a pair of flats please let me know lol! i paid nearly 500.00 for them prior to moving to Canada and since they are heels I never wear them :(

I did find a lovely pair at Cabelas of all places-they didn't fit me tightly but they looked great anyways. 100% leather and under 100.00 and it was their line of boots. Wish I had gotten them in brown too but they were sold out.

I also had some great luck at aldo quite a few years ago-so much so I bought both the fake leather and the other style-but once again those are 4" spiked heels which I no longer wear either.

Looks like they still have the boots I bought but they increased the price

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/68802/cabelas-womens-destination-buckle-boots
That is a super deal.
I saw these ( The York ) and thought they were cute, reasonable price. It says they are are a slim around the calf. But I'm not sure how slim.
http://www.ariat.com/fashion-women-footwear-equestrian

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

I don't have any suggestions ... but I wanted to wish you luck!

I feel your pain in the opposite direction. I started dancing when I was 3.5 and my calves got big/muscular at a young age. For as long as I can remember, every high boot is uncomfortably tight on me. So I always wore low boots and hoped we didn't get a big snowstorm or I was tucking my pants into my socks... not pretty! Thankfully there is no snow where I live now (Florida) so I got rid of all my boots before the move.

:wavey:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

I used to buy a lot from duo (opposite problem - freakishly narrow ankles and fat calves) but I struggled with the ankles bagging when the calves fit.

And then I discovered these guys:

http://www.thebootmakers.com/

I had a pair made last winter. They fit beautifully. They take a couple of different measurements - ankle, calf at widest point, knee, and make the boots to measure. They aren't necessarily as cheap as Duo (sometimes on sale they are) but the fit is way better.

Here are some recommendations for slim calves:

http://www.thebootmakers.com/bespoke/slim-calf/flat-boots

They have also worn really well. And are comfortable.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was going to upload a picture but forgot my own computer died and I'm on my husbands-I don't have photos to share lol!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

IK, I've struggled with this my whole adult life -- size 9.5-10 feet, 12.5-13" calves. I found Sam Edelman Loren boots a couple years ago, first bought them in a deep brown/burgundy color and then last year bought in black. I love them & honestly hope they will be the last knee boots I'll ever need to buy, since my past is littered with (expensive) knee boots that never fit right.

Even though they are not full-zip, they fit my calves well enough that it's a little hard to get them over skinny jeans and do not fall down over bare legs. The leather's very soft and stretchy (to get the calves as narrow as possible, I bought a full size down from the 10s I'd usually buy in Sam Edelman flats, and the foot of the boots has now stretched a little so they're comfortable) but the calf has not stretched out over several years. They're not widely available online any more but maybe worth a try if your size is available e.g. from Amazon with free returns. :)

Unrelated p.s.: I found this thread via your thread on SF bay area jewelers for setting colored stones and wondered who you have used since 2010 when that thread was opened! ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This thread is back just in time for a super deal. Nordstrom is having 50% off the SW quiltboot. It's the same exact fit as the 50/50 but it's quilted. Over the knee and slim calf and low heel. I just ordered a pair and wanted to share the savings with PSers! And if you go through ebates you get 6% cash back. How's that for savings. :appl:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/stuart-weitzman-quiltboot-nappa-leather-over-the-knee-boot-women/3704541

Callie! Maybe for your niece? It's such a good savings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results