clarity

My First Crafted By Infinity?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful.

What is the difference between winkjones.com and highperformancediamonds.com?
Is one owned by the other?

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Great stone.

If you and Wink end up being right about the inclusions, this is a definite winner!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1407951683|3731609 said:
It looks beautiful.

No difference. I can get to 'my' diamond on both.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure it will be beautiful! Will be interesting to see Wink's video of the stone!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a winner!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lucky girl !!! :appl:

I'd like to see Wink's video as well.

I was watching a whole bunch of his videos on YouTube the other night.

Let us know how it goes.

KenD

Rough_Rock
Should there be any concerns about a SI2 diamond, with a feather as a grade setting inclusion? Also, does the feather extend to the girdle? If so, any issues related to that?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I love the proportions of the stone and the high color! As for the clarity, I've owned I1 and SI2 CBI stones. I can say with some confidence that most likely the inclusions are well-hidden by the cut. Paul and Liev seem to have a talent for orienting the inclusions in such a way that they are not noticeable. If this stone is in the CBI inventory, you can also rest assured that the inclusions do not pose a threat to the structural integrity of the stone. These people know what they're doing!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you come back and give a commentary about how it compares to your other Ideal cuts, I'm a geek so I'd love to know :D

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
cflutist|1407973608|3731867 said:
You lucky girl !!! :appl:

I'd like to see Wink's video as well.

I was watching a whole bunch of his videos on YouTube the other night.

Let us know how it goes.

I keep checking my email for notice of it, as Wink had already called it in and was supposed to get it today. Oh, the anticipation........ :errrr:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks beautiful.

Someone pointed me to your question Kenny. I hope you're amused as much as I was amused while writing this answer!

In the beginning, there was The Wink.

He toiled in a barren wasteland called Idaho and was well known in his small community but knew not of the great World beyond his small valley in the economic desert where he eked out a less than modest existence.

Once he ventured forth to a golden land called Los Angeles and was referred to as The Great Rube by those who deigned to talk to such as he. He quickly scurried back to his safe Oasis of Boise in the Desert of Idaho

As the seasons passed he picked up knowledge and became more adept.. After some years of study he ventured forth to New York, where once again he was The Great Rube, but this time he was not afraid of his very shadow and he soaked up even more knowledge and became as a sponge growing in exponential bursts until he was many times more than his former small self.

Still, The Wink knew not of the ways of the world and in his exuberance for the New and Greatest Toy, the GREAT INTERNET he mistakenly believed that since he was famous in the small Oasis of Boise in the Desert of Idaho he should name his website, WinkJones.com. This worked in its way. His first client came from around the world in the Greater Desert of Australia where people walk upside down without falling into the sky somehow, and his second client came from nearby on the other side of the Oasis of Boise. Thus are the oddities of the GREAT INTERNET that no one knew nor understood that the site came from the wilds of the Oasis of Boise. They came to buy without ever actually seeing and The Wink began to become enlightened in the ways of the Wide World Web, and still he continued to learn.

In the fullness of TIME it was ordained that The Wink should realize that the world also contained a strange and foreign land called Antwerpen in the Mysterious Conglomerate of Nations called Europe and in that strange land a wise man named Paul-Antwerp was searching for an ambassador in the land of economic plenty that The Wink had long since learned was called The USA.

The story of their first meeting is so sacred that it is told only in quiet meetings of True Believers in Bars, late at night and only after copious quantities of the golden liquid of beer have been sacrificed at the alter of Greater Learning.

While the details of this meeting are whispered and shall not be widely known, the benefit to the Cult of Diamond Cut-Perfection was the introduction of the Diamonds of Infinity to USA Alters of Engagement to symbolize of ALL THAT IS WONDERFUL AND SACRED IN LOVE.

Soon, a brave supporter of The Wink dared to tell him the painful truth. "Oh, mister Wink I beseech thee, outside of the small gathering of True Believers no one can find your WinkJones site-thing with its repositories of Knowledge and symbols of engagement. Please allow me to enlighten you as to how the mighty dragon GOOGLE doth control the efforts of those who quest for the best diamonds to place on the Alters of Engagement.

Lo, and there was a Great and Big Bang as the Mighty Ego of The Wink was ruptured. He realized a new name must be brought forth to summon the questers and appease the GOOGLE dragon. The Wink determined that this name should be sent forth to all corners of the World of the Wide Web and, thusly, with the former repository of knowledge previously known as WinkJones.com was launched a greater and more complete repository of knowledge and diamond treasures which was to be called HighPerformanceDiamonds.

The Wink saw it was good, and was pleased. He vowed no longer to let his Ego control the free and easy to find distribution of knowledge and treasures.

Thus it is spoken and thus it shall be, forever.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it!

I think Wink is teasing me now, he sent this message, "Finally got the notice, it is at the Fedex station. On my way to pick it up.

Wink"

Anticipa-ation...... :errrr: :errrr:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL @ Wink :lol:

I'm excited for you, Andelain - I'm keen to hear your comparison to other cuts! :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wall: where's the video.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink, your story needs a John Williams musical score. :sun:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Andelain - it looks gorgeous and with such crisp faceting! I'll hope the inclusions are in fact clear and that the stone is eye-clean for you!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain, the diamond looks lovely.

Wink, I loved your story.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful.

I tried to go to winkjones.com last night and it no longer worked. Also, hpdiamonds.com is no longer there either. HighPerformanceDiamonds.com does work.

I also discovered that an email that I sent to wink@hpdiamonds was returned so it must be [email protected] ?

All of this came about because I am in the market for a CBI diamond and I regularly check his website and database for new stones ... dang ... there is a new 2.15ct H-SI1 that I could buy right now except that I have too many cones in my color sensitive eyes.

So I finally called Wink and asked him what was going on? He is migrating to a new website and that he is pulling his hair out wishing it to be over, and that he should be fully back up within 24 hours.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1409697572|3743651 said:
It looks beautiful.

I tried to go to winkjones.com last night and it no longer worked. Also, hpdiamonds.com is no longer there either. HighPerformanceDiamonds.com does work.

I also discovered that an email that I sent to wink@hpdiamonds was returned so it must be [email protected] ?

All of this came about because I am in the market for a CBI diamond and I regularly check his website and database for new stones ... dang ... there is a new 2.15ct H-SI1 that I could buy right now except that I have too many cones in my color sensitive eyes.

So I finally called Wink and asked him what was going on? He is migrating to a new website and that he is pulling his hair out wishing it to be over, and that he should be fully back up within 24 hours.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner - http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity-new&id=1207!!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved Wink's story. The diamond is beautiful.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR, that 2.16 G-VS2 does have all the right numbers doesn't it. I think I want to stick with a F-SI1 though.

Wink told me that I can custom order a stone and they will guarantee the color, clarity, and weight, but not all of the other numbers. I need to discuss this some more with him. I still need to recover from the FIY project if I want to buy an F, hubby is saying that I shoild not settle and should wait longer to get what I want.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you should definitely get what you want but the difference between an F and a G in a round brilliant is very difficult for most to detect. However, if it's an F color stone you want, don't settle for anything less. Mind clean issues truly exist and can hamper happiness in even the most well cut stones.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MissGotRocks|1409709826|3743782 said:
Yes, you should definitely get what you want but the difference between an F and a G in a round brilliant is very difficult for most to detect. However, if it's an F color stone you want, don't settle for anything less. Mind clean issues truly exist and can hamper happiness in even the most well cut stones.

Good advice, and it is not totally a mind clean issue either. Our CFlutist is blessed with extreme color sensitivity and will actually be able to see the difference between an F and a G. Most of us can only do it from the side, she has proven it over and over again that she can see it from the top.

She is indeed wise to wait until she can get what she wants.

Oh, and she is also right, I will be nearly bald by the time all of my URLs are transferred and working properly again...

We are building a new site and will be hosting it here in the States rather than in Belgium. Sometimes that trans Atlantic pipeline just slowed things down too much. Changing where the URLs point is MUCH more nerve wracking than I anticipated!

Wink

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
I love Wink and his stories :lol: I would love to have my mrb recut by Crafted by Infinity :love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain,

So how did you like the video and associated images?
Did you buy the CBI diamond that you posted a link to?

Please don't tease us and leave us hanging.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
cflutist|1411187362|3754185 said:
Andelain,

Yep, finally did. A whole bunch of crap in my life almost derailed the possibility, but when I got it worked out, a celebratory diamond was called for. :appl:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, welcome to the CBI family. Hope to meet you at a MTC event in the future. So excited for you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1417131155|3791432 said:
cflutist|1411187362|3754185 said:
Andelain,

Yep, finally did. A whole bunch of crap in my life almost derailed the possibility, but when I got it worked out, a celebratory diamond was called for. :appl:

Which calls for celebratory pictures! Congrats!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain, how do you plan to set it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results