shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY chose/reserved one...should I commit? :)

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
To Gypsy, Rocky, and all the others who've helped me over the past few months. Final verification from the experts please? :)

1.72ct/H/VS2, AGS000
HCA 1.1, ex/ex/ex/vg

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.718-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104073209001

Anything to be concerned about here? I want nothing visible to the eye at all...I kind of like the thought of blue fluorescence as it seems a bit more unique, and the Brian Gavin Blue line seems to be the way to go. She's a bit concerned about it being 'cheesy' but I don't think that will apply once she sees it.

I'm asking them to pull it to verify eye clean although I don't expect any surprises.

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
I should actually point out that I'm open to thoughts from ANYONE, not just people who've helped mentor me in this so far :)

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a novice, but I think any girl would be quite lucky to have that stone - it's a very generous size, great stats, and it's a BGD! I don't think BGD Blue is cheesy at all, especially since they weed out the fluorescent stones that take on a milky/hazy appearance :)

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
optimizedlife|1409699310|3743670 said:
She's a bit concerned about it being 'cheesy' but I don't think that will apply once she sees it.

Well, I don't think anybody else will notice it's fluorescent, unless they're in a darkened room with a black light. And if it's that kind of party, I don't think you'll find anybody there who would consider fluorescence to be cheesy! =)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone!!! :love: :appl: I love fluorescence and prefer it when it is available.

akoakoako

Rough_Rock
Amazing stone. I love it. There is litte light leakage. I think its a keeper.

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
Has anyone looked at the idealscope/other images on it? I saw one comment on good light leakage (thanks!), any other thoughts?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
optimizedlife|1409727308|3743905 said:
Has anyone looked at the idealscope/other images on it? I saw one comment on good light leakage (thanks!), any other thoughts?
A very well cut stone nothing to worry about!... :love: :appl:

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
Is there a way of contacting specific people on this forum? There are one or two people who have been part of my search and usually chime in, but neither have, and I'd like them to :)

And many thanks to those that have commented so far, making me feel better about it. I need validation apparently :D

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Great stone you've reserved.

Table looks clean in video, cut is stellar.

Huge fan of the Strong Blue fluor. The 'flavor' of fluor on this particular stone is quite nice, as well.

You ended up with a winner!

Lookinghard

Rough_Rock
Check with the girlfriend first if she is okay with the fluorescence. I love fluorescence since it glows blue in sunlight. It looks really cool. The girlfriend thinks it's cool, but want absolutely no fluorescence. She thinks it makes the diamond look like a semi-precious gemstone.

Have her watch some videos and decide for herself. I'm glad I did, or else I would have gotten her one with strong fluorescence.

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rocky!

LookingHard: She's ok with it she "thinks", I've sent her lots of pics. Her only concern is that it's going to make the rock look cheesy or "fake" since it's a relatively unique look.

IF it turns out it's really not her thing, we'll upgrade it to a non-fl in the near future :) Not ideal, but at least there is an out.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
optimizedlife|1409761668|3744087 said:
Thanks Rocky!

LookingHard: She's ok with it she "thinks", I've sent her lots of pics. Her only concern is that it's going to make the rock look cheesy or "fake" since it's a relatively unique look.

IF it turns out it's really not her thing, we'll upgrade it to a non-fl in the near future :) Not ideal, but at least there is an out.

The thing is, she'll probably never notice the fluor.

Unless you guys hang out at 'the club' often, the effect will be negligible. Maybe a shade of light violet/blue in specific sunlight conditions, if you're really looking for it (blue sky reflects in all stones in sunlight, so they all have some element of blue, regardless of fluor).

When you break out the UV light (I'd suggest buying a cheapo UV flashlight on Amazon) in a dark room, the stone 'comes alive' in a unique way. It's like you two share a secret about the stone, that only the two of you know, even though everyone sees the stone on her hand!

The other thing is that BGD has a solid upgrade program. If for some reason fluor is an issue down the road - bump that size a hair and move to a G-colored Signature stone (no fluor), and you'll get 95% of your stone's value as a trade-in.

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
Re: FINALLY chose/reserved one...should I commit? - update p

Got the ring. The sparkle is ridiculous. A pale blue is noticeable in strong sunlight and it's quite pleasing.

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure this out :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results