color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1409683576|3743520 said:
cmd2014|1409683009|3743516 said:
Flygirl, what are you thinking of doing with your drops? I have decided to put the smaller ringed one into a dew diamond pendant with the nub facing up (I'm worried that 10.3 is a tad small for a pendant, but don't trust myself with a ring), and Chenai is going to look into helping me make the other one into a WG enhancer.

I have no real plans at the moment. I just knew that I needed to grab them while they were available. :)) I figured if Jeremy thinks they are special, then they are special. Maybe they will become an enhancer/pendant and/or a bracelet charm. I need to see them in person first to know.

I hear you! That was my thought too.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thecat|1409684536|3743531 said:
icy_jade|1409684173|3743527 said:
Thecat: the circled pearl u got was the one that got away from me! If you change your mind, pls let me know!

http://www.pearlparadise.com/images/product/large/4314_1_.jpg

I will let you know if I let it go. It's my 5th choice as I don't really love the shape. But I love love love the range of colors in it. I prefer the longer shape of my 2nd pearl but not the color.

Wow! Can I be 3rd in line if neither of you want it?!? I somehow missed it. It is spectacular! And DMZ, if I forgot to tell you in the other thread, thank you so much for posting how to get copies of your pictures....I use it all the time!

Here's a photo of the enhancer I emailed Chenai to see if we can replicate. It was $$$ at the fancy jewelry store in town, so when I saw the loose drops, I thought I'd try to make my own version of it.

_21911.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade, if you change you mind about the drop (not the Russian doll but the other one you got), let me know. It was the one I missed out on by dawdling. Funny how we all want the ones that got away!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to everyone on their purchases! I am too slow/indecisive so I did not make a purchase today. I hope everyone will share lots of pictures.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Krispy, they will be adding all month so there is still time! The nicest strands I got last month came out late in the sale.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
OH, cmd2014 I love those banded tahitians earrings so jelly (jealous) :Up_to_something:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so happy for all of you who found something (or more!) today! I really think the offered a variety of treasures and I can't wait to see pictures! I wish they could post new items at the top or flag them "new" going forward so we can spot them quickly!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - I love the simplicity and elegance of that setting!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
congratulations everyone on their finds! I look forward to neck, ear, and wrist shots! :naughty:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Newbie here. Have spent many an hour lurking looking at the goods on PP & the gorgeous pearls you all post here on PS. Thank you for the eye candy :appl:

However, jumped in today with the Connissueur Sale at PP!

Got a pair of the silver blue drops, looks like Icy-Jade got the same! Yum--love how those look!

Then, got brave & ordered a 35" strand of the same--woo hoo!! Very excited. Cant wait until they arrive! :dance:

Then , an hour later, I get email from Erin, the 35" strand was incorrectly listed, it was a 32" strand!! HUGE disappointment--was intending to layer the strand, & a 32 would only yield a 16" layer--afraid it'll be too small now. :errrr: If the 35" had stayed intact, it would've been fine at 17.

So my question to all you: have read wonderful things about PP. Could they have taken pearls from what was my 35 strand to allocate elsewhere? I'm so bummed, but when you go online, all the strands in this general length category are listed as 35's. Why would a 35 be a 'mistake'? Im quite willing to accept that I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill, please advise so I don't 'feel' so bad about this....

Looking forward to your input....

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I woke up at 2am to shop this sale and was thrilled to snag the onyx and tahitian necklace - went to sleep happy but when I woke up I had an email from PP saying it had been double purchased and wasn't available.

Completely understand that that happens but was upset that they didn't suggest a solution, especially given their comments on their blog about doing their best to make any cancelled orders right, so emailed them to see if they can create another one. They said they could but that it would be full price. Asked them whether they would be willing to give me a discount given the circumstances and they said yes! It's still nowhere near the bargain price of the original but the price is reasonable enough that if the original had been that price I still would have bought it, so I'm fairly happy with that.

Did anyone buy a harvest necklace?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Some fab purchases!!

I was very tempted by a pair of earrings but am saving my bling budget for Hong Kong in 10 days time....

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearl Girl, that's too bad!

SarahB, I would ask if they can lengthen it to 35 inches for you.they *might* have enough extra to do that. If not, then it was probably a 32 because they didn't have enough to make a 35....but listed it that way by accident exactly because 35 is the common length. I can't see them stealing 3 inches of your pearls to make someone else happy, because not only would it lose the sale and future sales from you, but it would be harder to sell a 32 inch strand.

My sadness is that the blue tahitian strand sold. I was fantasizing while running errands that I might be able to get them to swap out the beautiful but $$$$$$$ clasp and negotiate a price I could afford later in the sale if it didn't sell. :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Hopefully it went to a good home.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1409689616|3743577 said:
OH, cmd2014 I love those banded tahitians earrings so jelly (jealous) :Up_to_something:

Thank you! So far I have only admitted to DH that I bought a loose pearl. I may have to hide them for a while...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pkinnew|1409690015|3743583 said:
cmd2014 - I love the simplicity and elegance of that setting!

Thanks! I almost bought it at the B&M store as I loved it so, but it's just way too dear at retail prices. Fingers crossed that PP can help me out.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CMD--I can't believe this, but just sent an email asking Erin to take one more look at available options, just as you had suggested. Sent it off to her.

Immediately, my iPad dings with incoming message, thought, oh shoot, must've emailed it to myself. (Which, I hate to admit, I've done that many times). IT WAS ERIN! She was looking through loose inventory & I guess they had found a some workable matches, what a wild coincidence! Am thrilled to no end, had begun to detach myself from the necklace, as I was beginning to think it was pure fantasy that a 32 would work.

So grateful, thank you for your suggestion! & huge thanks to Erin at PP. for pulling the 35 together! :appl: Cannot wait!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1409698602|3743664 said:
CMD--I can't believe this, but just sent an email asking Erin to take one more look at available options, just as you had suggested. Sent it off to her.

Immediately, my iPad dings with incoming message, thought, oh shoot, must've emailed it to myself. (Which, I hate to admit, I've done that many times). IT WAS ERIN! She was looking through loose inventory & I guess they had found a some workable matches, what a wild coincidence! Am thrilled to no end, had begun to detach myself from the necklace, as I was beginning to think it was pure fantasy that a 32 would work.

So grateful, thank you for your suggestion! & huge thanks to Erin at PP. for pulling the 35 together! :appl: Cannot wait!

Yay!!! I'm so happy it worked out! They often have things stashed in the back that isn't obvious unless you ask. :appl: :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this photo on the TPO facebook page. I was drawn to the Tahitian pearl to the far left. After learning the size 11.7mm, I jumped and got it.

tpo.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
NacreLover|1409699700|3743675 said:
I saw this photo on the TPO facebook page. I was drawn to the Tahitian pearl to the far left. After learning the size 11.7mm, I jumped and got it.
That is a beauty! What are you planning on doing with it?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure yet. I do have a 14k white gold slide with a margarita colored Tahitian pearl installed in it. I have had it for years but have never worn it. I was thinking of having a round white south sea installed, but if this pearl could have the top ground off and hid in the cup in the back of the mounting, I may use this instead. I guess I will have to see once it arrives. Otherwise, I will make a pendant, drill it all the way though and use in a bracelet with other fancy colored smooth drops I already own or something. Right now I own a baby blue and pistachio Tahitian smooth drops.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover, that's a beaut! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
thecat|1409684536|3743531 said:
icy_jade|1409684173|3743527 said:
Thecat: the circled pearl u got was the one that got away from me! If you change your mind, pls let me know!

http://www.pearlparadise.com/images/product/large/4314_1_.jpg

I will let you know if I let it go. It's my 5th choice as I don't really love the shape. But I love love love the range of colors in it. I prefer the longer shape of my 2nd pearl but not the color.

Heh, I love this pearl cos of the shape. I've a weakness for cute circled pearls.

cmd2014 said:
Icy Jade, if you change you mind about the drop (not the Russian doll but the other one you got), let me know. It was the one I missed out on by dawdling. Funny how we all want the ones that got away!

Oh, I wanted loads more, but when I went back for round 2 of purchases they were gone! But it's ok, I did prioritize after all n the doll was no. 1 on my list.

But that lovely blue pearl... Mmm...

sarahb said:
Got a pair of the silver blue drops, looks like Icy-Jade got the same! Yum--love how those look!

Oops. There was only one pair of the drops. Which means one of us didn't get it. :confused:
It's gonna break my heart if I ask now and be told that more of my orders were double sold (since I checked with Chenai earlier) so I will stick my head in the ground (think ostrich) unless I get a dreaded email.

NacreLover said:

Stunning! What a special color.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade, I bought the blue baroque Tahitian. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was a successful purchase because I also "bought" the doll one ;)) I'm saving pennies for a harvest strand so it really wouldn't be such a bad thing if these purchases didn't pan out. My cup runneth over after August's Tahitian special!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse said:
Icy Jade, I bought the blue baroque Tahitian. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was a successful purchase because I also "bought" the doll one ;)) I'm saving pennies for a harvest strand so it really wouldn't be such a bad thing if these purchases didn't pan out. My cup runneth over after August's Tahitian special!

Oh! Pls post pics of that beauty.

Gosh the doll was triple sold huh? Sigh. Fingers crossed then.
Anyone knows how long PP usually takes to email re: double sold stuff?

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1409678373|3743461 said:
I bought five items but lost one as it was sold earlier. Sounds like loads but 3 are loose pearls.

These:

image_2268.jpg

I was scrambling to get that one but you beat me to it! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies...
I am pretty new here. I previously posted under a different nic, but changed emails and could not remember my password.

I also purchased the blue Akoya drop earrings. Third time is a charm. I am hoping PP will make a few more pair of earrings for us? :pray:

I also snatched the south sea & gold ombré necklace. :lickout: A quick decision and hopefully It wasn't a duplicate order. I am sorry makeable. If you also wanted it. Your earrings are gorgeous!

I wasn't able to get any loose Tahitian pearls. You ladies bought amazing pearls ! :appl: Congrats to all who bought items. Can't wait to see your pictures,

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, I am such a newbie at this pearl stuff, had to go check: I got the silver blue baroque drops, diamond dangle earrings, 9-9.5's. Is that what everyone else tried to purchase as well?

I did get an email confirming the purchase, perhaps that doesn't mean anything. I did have a heck of a time clicking 'buy now' & the purchase going through--won't this be interesting!

May the best gal win!!! :appl:

One more look, aren't they gorgeous :love: :love:

_21923.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1409707208|3743760 said:
baby nurse said:

Oh! Pls post pics of that beauty.

Gosh the doll was triple sold huh? Sigh. Fingers crossed then.
Anyone knows how long PP usually takes to email re: double sold stuff?

I don't know how long it takes for the emails re double sold stuff to go out. You should get on their live chat, but that may be middle of the night for you?

Anyway, I hope you got it because I want to see pictures :appl:

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
sarahb|1409709678|3743779 said:
Ok, I am such a newbie at this pearl stuff, had to go check: I got the silver blue baroque drops, diamond dangle earrings, 9-9.5's. Is that what everyone else tried to purchase as well?

I did get an email confirming the purchase, perhaps that doesn't mean anything. I did have a heck of a time clicking 'buy now' & the purchase going through--won't this be interesting!

May the best gal win!!! :appl:

One more look, aren't they gorgeous :love: :love:

Sarahb....Yes those are the same earrings I bought! I also received a confirmation. I guess we will see what happens with our orders.
No news might be good news. Hopefully they will make more ? Good luck who ever gets them...enjoy they are gorgeous.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I suddenly thought, hey, this one-of-a-kind black and white necklace would look great over a turtleneck or solid dress:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-4240-26-inch-208-305-mm-giant-freshwater-baroque-pearls-and-onyx-links-necklace.aspx

26-inch, 20.8-30.5 mm Giant Freshwater baroque pearls and onyx links necklace
This statement necklace was created for our annual editorial review in New York a few months back. For the review, we create quite a number of large statement pieces composed of really special pearls.

These monster baroque pearls are 20.8 to 30.5 mm in diameter. Length has been added with black onyx links, bringing the strand to 26 inches.

pp_white_baroque_and_1.jpg

pp_white_baroque_and_2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results