shape
carat
color
clarity

No naps

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
When did your toddler/pre-schooler completely drop his/her naps?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not there yet at almost 4. DS naps daily for 2 hours but he is starting pre-k in 2 days so will see if he'll continue with naps as the school offers them.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS turned 4 in July and still naps 2-3 hours most afternoons. We are just recently to the point where we can skip if we want to and know that he won't be super crabby.

I have a friend who's son was 3 in April and he no longer naps. DS also has a friend who is a little younger than him who doesn't nap. His issue is a little unique in that he WILL nap but, if he does, he won't go to bed at a reasonable time or sleep through the night. His mom said it's been that way since he was barely 3.

I selfishly LOVE naps!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
puppmom|1409680110|3743482 said:
DS turned 4 in July and still naps 2-3 hours most afternoons. We are just recently to the point where we can skip if we want to and know that he won't be super crabby.

I have a friend who's son was 3 in April and he no longer naps. DS also has a friend who is a little younger than him who doesn't nap. His issue is a little unique in that he WILL nap but, if he does, he won't go to bed at a reasonable time or sleep through the night. His mom said it's been that way since he was barely 3.

I selfishly LOVE naps!

That is just awful. B dropped from two naps to one at around 17 months, and it was a sad, sad day.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both my kids stopped completely when they went to preschool, so they were about 4 or so. They both went in the afternoon. We'd have quiet/rest time on days they didn't go, like weekends/holidays/summers etc. Bedtimes stayed the same. For a little while before that they started not napping as long and such, but stopping all together, I'd say 4.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom cut me off at 2 because if I napped, I'd be up all night, and the same has continued with our kiddo. She still naps every once in a while if she didn't sleep well the night before, or when we're travelling and super active, but typically she's nap free.

(Sometimes I need the break though....)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS has been in pre-k for a week now and he naps! So happy because he is a much better person when well-rested.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results