shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of beauties posted!!! Anyone take the plunge???

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me! I nabbed one 10.3 and one 10.7 loose Tahitians as they were too well priced to resist, and a pair of the Tahitian earrings. It's a feeding frenzy!!! Things are going like hot cakes! Hopefully to folks here.

I LOVE that they are posting natural light photos of the harvest strands. I hope that might become a trend for their Tahitians in general.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations cmd2014! Such great deals on loose Tahitians! I had my eyes on the pistachio Tahitian ring (luckily it sold out) and I'm drooling over the torsades but I don't know if I'd wear them enough to justify the cost - they're so dramatic! You're right, everything is flying out the door!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'll, I made the mistake of looking at all of the offerings, and missed out on a larger teardrop one that I was looking at, but I'm pretty happy with the two I snagged. Two is probably excessive, but at $45 I could not resist.

That pistachio ring was gorgeous! I'm sorry you missed it. Hopefully someone here got it and will post hand shots.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just lucky that the gorgeous strand of blue-green Tahitians has the Monili clasp on it and is therefore pushed out of reach, or I'd be very, very weak in my resistance.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
congrats on the loose Tahitians cmd!

After telling myself I was only going to LOOK I ended up with the Gold and White South Sea Ombre earrings in my cart. Then somehow I ended up purchasing them. Hmm… how in the world does that happen and keep on happening?

Someone please buy the Hanadama strand!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I was initially not interested, but then I realized the loose Tahitian drops were cherry-picked by Jeremy from the lot of 5,600 Tahitian drops. :doh:

Since I already have a strand and a rope from this lot, I had to get a couple of very special drops. So, the 9.6mm and the 10.4mm are now mine. Or, at least I have a confirmed order for them. Love the shape of the 10.4 and look at the range of peacock colors on the 9.6, as well as the perfect drop shape. :love:

tdrop103.jpg

tdrop96.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I bought five items but lost one as it was sold earlier. Sounds like loads but 3 are loose pearls.

These:

image_2268.jpg

image_2269.jpg

image_2270.jpg

Edit: found pic from my order
image_2271.jpg

Now to think about settings... Hmm...
The drop was meant to be paired with a chubbier circled pearl as a pendant - now waiting for alternatives from Chenai (she is awesome).

Suggestions for my Russian doll?

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I was drooling over that loose Tahitian icy jade. I'm so happy you are the one who got it!

And Fly Girl your top one was my second choice. Congrats on your pearls.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I was debating over the blue Akoyas, but decided to go for the Tahitian earrings instead. Nice catch of the blog pearl too! Ooh, you got one of the pearls I was looking at too! (And how are you already talking to Chenai about settings? Teach me and let me be your grasshopper!

Those are stunning Fly Girl!

Here are my goodies:

_21906.jpg

_21907.jpg

_21908.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Icy jade, I was eyeing your Russian doll but I was too slow. If you decide to give it up, please let me know as I love it from the first moment I saw it on their blog. Btw, what would you call the color of your Russian doll? I'm new to Tahitians. What do you think is its real life color? Green or blue?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Agh, I saw this at lunch and when I got home the loose pearls I wanted were gone! Bummer.

also OMG those Orchid clasps!!!! Especially the one with the tahitian drops!!!! Those are my favorite clasps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly girl: I eyed your drop! Great buys! How are you setting them?

Makeable: Thank you. I'm very happy I got this pearl. Was lust at first sight since I saw it on the blog. It reminds me of Hisano's famous necklace, the Matryoshka Cortez Pearl Necklace: http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2013/03/the-matryoshka-cortez-pearl-necklace/

image_2272.jpg

Cmd: I got on the chat pronto to check on whether I got that doll. And then we started chatting about my other strands n how to set this doll too. She said she will check with John (rubs hand in glee).

thecat: sorry but I LOVE my doll. Hmm not sure of the color really.

Did anyone here get that lovely loose blue pearl?

pearl3

Rough_Rock
I had purchased the "doll" pearl as well, with an invoice. It does happen when everyone is checking out at the same time, but it is a bummer as I just now figured that out with Icy's post and missed out on others as I thought I had mine...

Hopefully something will come up as the sale goes along.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well done, icy_jade! I love your first two choices, which I would have pounced on if there were more available.

I trust you have seen Hisano's design for her Sea of Cortez Russian Doll pearl. :cheeky: She surrounded it with a rainbow of sapphires and it is stunning.

I see I am slow in posting, but Hisano's pendant is worthy of another photo.

2014ruckus_3.jpg

makeable

Shiny_Rock
pearl3|1409679544|3743474 said:
I had purchased the "doll" pearl as well, with an invoice. It does happen when everyone is checking out at the same time, but it is a bummer as I just now figured that out with Icy's post and missed out on others as I thought I had mine...

That is a real bummer. Yes, unfortunately it happens as it did with me recently. dmz and I purchased at almost the same time and there was a bit confusion. But PP made it right and dmz ended up with an absolutely lovely strand to offer to his beautiful wife for their anniversary.

Tell PP what happened. I'm sure they will do something for you to make up for the double purchase.

Here are my earrings:

4322.jpg

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl|1409680021|3743480 said:
I see I am slow in posting, but Hisano's pendant is worthy of another photo.

WOW WOW WOW :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
pearl3 said:

Pearl3: I'm sorry to hear abt that. But it has happened to me too (hence the reason I went on the chat to check immediately). Like for the circle pearl that was sold (but invoiced to me) Chenai promised to come back to me on some alternatives. I'm sure they will make it up to you.

Thanks Fly Girl. Not sure what to do with mine tho.

Makeable. Those are gorgeous n very glamorous. I recall an ombré necklace too. Did u consider that?

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I did see that strand Icy Jade. It would have been a wonderful match. Sadly I was too slow and it was scooped up. I hope someone here got it.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Icy jade, I can't wait to see how you set the doll.

I did get two but am now second guessing myself as they weren't my first choices. They are Cs14-TAL-BRQ-2 and Cs14-TAL-BRQ-4 which I totally can't find now. I was still able to view one of them for a while with pkinnew's instruction. Now I can't see either.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
makeable|1409680863|3743494 said:
I did see that strand Icy Jade. It would have been a wonderful match. Sadly I was too slow and it was scooped up. I hope someone here got it.

It was a frenzied couple of minutes... :loopy:

Like refresh the page n it's gone. Scary. And this goes on the entire month? I'm gonna lose so much sleep. :snore:

---
Thecat: ask pp to send you the pics. Im sure they will. And then rem to show us k?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Those are some great scores so far. I really wanted the pendant with 2 stacked Tahitian pearls (10.4 mm and 13.5 mm Tahitian Baroque Pearl Pendant with Textured Bands), but wasn't fast enough. So far, nothing else in budget is really speaking to me, so I will wait and see what comes as the month goes on.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
thecat|1409681050|3743498 said:
Icy jade, I can't wait to see how you set the doll.

I did get two but am now second guessing myself as they weren't my first choices. They are Cs14-TAL-BRQ-2 and Cs14-TAL-BRQ-4 which I totally can't find now. I was still able to view one of them for a while with pkinnew's instruction. Now I can't see either.
I saved a photo from the second one while it was still available. The first one had already been taken down.

tbrq4.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1409681311|3743505 said:
I saved a photo from the second one while it was still available. The first one had already been taken down.

Fly Girl, thanks for the photo. I'm not experienced enough to realise I must save the photo so that I can view it. Icy jade got my 1st choice and you got my 2nd choice. I ended up with my 4th and 5th choices. I'm really too slow. I must learn to click faster. Hopefully they will have another drop pearl in russian doll or your pearl's shape in future releases. How do you intend to set your drop?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, dear, the blue baroques...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1409681228|3743502 said:
Those are some great scores so far. I really wanted the pendant with 2 stacked Tahitian pearls (10.4 mm and 13.5 mm Tahitian Baroque Pearl Pendant with Textured Bands), but wasn't fast enough. So far, nothing else in budget is really speaking to me, so I will wait and see what comes as the month goes on.

Me too! I got the earrings and decided to go back for it...but was saved from myself! I think the earrings should go well with my existing strands though, and dangles are more comfortable at work than my existing studs.

Flygirl, what are you thinking of doing with your drops? I have decided to put the smaller ringed one into a dew diamond pendant with the nub facing up (I'm worried that 10.3 is a tad small for a pendant, but don't trust myself with a ring), and Chenai is going to look into helping me make the other one into a WG enhancer.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409683009|3743516 said:
Flygirl, what are you thinking of doing with your drops? I have decided to put the smaller ringed one into a dew diamond pendant with the nub facing up (I'm worried that 10.3 is a tad small for a pendant, but don't trust myself with a ring), and Chenai is going to look into helping me make the other one into a WG enhancer.

I have no real plans at the moment. I just knew that I needed to grab them while they were available. :)) I figured if Jeremy thinks they are special, then they are special. Maybe they will become an enhancer/pendant and/or a bracelet charm. I need to see them in person first to know.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1409684173|3743527 said:
Thecat: the circled pearl u got was the one that got away from me! If you change your mind, pls let me know!

http://www.pearlparadise.com/images/product/large/4314_1_.jpg

I will let you know if I let it go. It's my 5th choice as I don't really love the shape. But I love love love the range of colors in it. I prefer the longer shape of my 2nd pearl but not the color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results