clarity

E Ring w/ Diamond

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1409597785|3742942 said:
Niel|1408314075|3734414 said:
italy121210|1408300874|3734295 said:
Great suggestions folks, after discussing about Verragio quality or lack thereof, she was OK with looking at other rings. Her styles keep changing hehe sounds like she wants unique rg ring with some finger coverage.

She really liked this after looking at everything WF and majority of BG ring inventory.
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/tacori-2639-rdp-dantela-spotlight-diamond-engagement-ring-2542.htm

Still have Gabriel and a few others to browse together. ..

Btw any difference w/ 14k vs 18kt rg?

Less actual gold. So more of the stuff that makes the ring pink. So on average 14 k is more pink, where 18k (the one with more gold) ends up looking more coppery

The 'stuff that makes the ring pink' is copper. Therefore the 18k should not look more coppery.
In my opinion 14k looks more pinker and 18k looks nearer to 18k yellow gold, duller than 14k but with a hint of pink which
you don't see on 18k yellow. More difficult to see it is rose gold if you didn't know it, may show up next to white gold or platinum though.

Im well aware that its copper in rose gold, and i still hold to the fact that 18k looks more coppery. A more subtle color. Like you said, 14k looks more pink. I think we are saying the same thing, probably just with different language. So i stand by that :D

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Niel. Just thinking it out differently I think :D I suppose it is the gold mixed that gives the pink and the copper on its own is a different color. I just got the copper being in it mixed up with the look of copper on its own. I thought that a bit after I wrote it too before you replied.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 14k rose gold setting that was made for me by David Klass. The 14k rose gold setting in size 5 with .70ct of diamonds was I think...$1500 or $1600? Late last year.

As an aside, this stone is a 1.58ct M color, and the halo/melee diamonds are G/H. A low color can look lovely in rose gold.

mi6gMmzl.jpg

UcylFHAl.jpg
is the cad showing the profile-- I don't have a good picture uploaded.

italy121210

Rough_Rock
Thx for the further replies...^that stone looks great, is it an AGS0? Looks pretty white to me...

As time has gone on with more ring shopping, the ff really liked the jewel of the week as did i from JA https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-swirl-halo-engagement-ring and it can be done in 14kt RG :D

It really stands out as what she would :naughty: the most w/ all of her interests i have come to learn about rings...

Umm, the budget for a rock would now be preferably 4k, and an AGS0 i would like...JA doesn't have too many AGS in the $ range tho...maybe they have more coming in i hope...the recommended size range from JA w/ that ring is .75-1.25

Would a diamond that had a size of 5.82 and another that had 5.92 have a noticeable size difference?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
italy121210|1409634758|3743207 said:
Thx for the further replies...^that stone looks great, is it an AGS0? Looks pretty white to me...

As time has gone on with more ring shopping, the ff really liked the jewel of the week as did i from JA https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-swirl-halo-engagement-ring and it can be done in 14kt RG :D

It really stands out as what she would :naughty: the most w/ all of her interests i have come to learn about rings...

Umm, the budget for a rock would now be preferably 4k, and an AGS0 i would like...JA doesn't have too many AGS in the $ range tho...maybe they have more coming in i hope...the recommended size range from JA w/ that ring is .75-1.25

Would a diamond that had a size of 5.82 and another that had 5.92 have a noticeable size difference?

That ring would be very cool in rose gold.

Please don't get too hung up in AGS 000

Gia cert stones are nice and plentiful on James Allen. And what's nice about them is you can reserve 3 stones, get idealscope images, and have a gemologist review the stones for you.

I would try and get as close to 6mm as you can, let me look at the stones for you, I'll see what James Allen has available. Now you're trying to keep the budget at 5k total?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
italy121210|1409634758|3743207 said:

It is not an AGS graded stone, but it is GIA 3X and I think it is a 1.2 HCA. Very bright, but it's obviously warm. From the side it looks close to FLY grade. It was actually sold to me as an N/O diamond but came back as M from GIA.

I like warm stones :)

italy121210

Rough_Rock
Thanks niel how do you find them so quick :D i placed 2 of the 3 and 1 other for ideal scopes. Will report back they said 5 days. .. This was a big step and I'm feeling great just thinking about it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
italy121210|1409755839|3744016 said:
Thanks niel how do you find them so quick :D i placed 2 of the 3 and 1 other for ideal scopes. Will report back they said 5 days. .. This was a big step and I'm feeling great just thinking about it!
I'm so excited for you! I cannot WAIT to see this I love that setting and in rose gold it'll be perfection!

italy121210

Rough_Rock
Getting eager to see the idealscopes! I do like the idea of having their 'true hearts' cut to propose with...most of the stones were around 5.8-9mm. So here's my question, would it be worth it to get to 6.14-18mm for approx $800 more, this would drop color to i though...hmm...it's hard for me to visualize if this is a decent size difference etc? And i didnt notice these till after i requested idealscopes :wall: :lol: And of course i'm still searching for all of my options!

I know it's more of personal opinion, just wanted to ask the folks that have helped and all others at this point which would you decide..; .79 H VS2 True Hearts http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.79-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-363527

or

.90 I VVS/VS
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.90-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-362962
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.90-carat-i-color-vvs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-357341

italy121210

Rough_Rock
^i see someone really liked that ivvs2 above and reserved it lol that's the danger of this site if one doesn't reserve first it could very well get yanked from under you.

Anyways, it happened. I showed the gf avr's and you know what happened after that :lol:

I received the ideal scopes from JA and as they mentioned first email, they recommend the h & a as having best performance. I thanked them for their time and efforts.

Now onto the August vintage rounds! Hence thethread on color i made yest. Enjoying the journey and thanks to all

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of setting will she want now that she can't have the JA setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results