shape
carat
color
clarity

More Burmese

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Hello guys
Posting after a long time. I just confirmed a Burmese ruby pair and I hope I made the right decision. Love the color. Its the same color as the pendant I got last year. Love love love the pendant. How ever the clarity is better on the new pair I am getting.
They are gubelin certified. No heat and color description is red.
Weight is 5.5 and 6.8 carats but with similar dimensions. They don't look as big. Looks more like 5 carats (maybe because they are cushion cut?) But has very good luster.
Please let me know what you think

_20771.jpg

_20772.jpg

_20773.jpg

_20774.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IceLover, I hope it's OK I am posting here as I know nothing about Burmese rubies but just wanted to say in my novice opinion ooh la la. :love:
Beautiful color! What are you planning for them?

Hope they are all you want them to be! :appl:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
They look to be quite a stunning colour and size :love: One is a little wonkier cut than the other and you could either have that trimmed up before setting or, because they'll be separated by your face, it may not matter to you. How do you plan to set them?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color in both of them & they're well matched. I agree with Starzin about the cutting on one -- but depending on what you do with them, it probably wouldn't matter. Are you (I hope) thinking about using them for earrings? How super that would look with your pendant!

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
hi guys. thanks :bigsmile: want them to be set as earrings. i considered getting them recut but
1) i wasnt sure i wanted to lose any carat weight and since they would be earrings- no one would notice
2) not sure about cutters where i live. its a very expensive purchase and didnt want to risk it.
3) i have been looking for pairs for years now and these are the closest matched that i came acrross. i had other choices if i could compromise on color or treatments but i wanted something in the red range.
4) since i saw too many not so good pairs...this minor shape difference didnt bother me :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not have the stones recut, given the potential $/ct weight loss (the 6 ct stone will have a large $/ct drop if it goes down to 5 ct to match the other one) and possible difficulty of working around inclusions. Since they are slated to be earrings, the size difference will not be noticeable.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1406720238|3723022 said:
I would not have the stones recut, given the potential $/ct weight loss (the 6 ct stone will have a large $/ct drop if it goes down to 5 ct to match the other one) and possible difficulty of working around inclusions. Since they are slated to be earrings, the size difference will not be noticeable.

I agree.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
They will make killer earrings, that is for sure.

I agree with Chrono re: the recut.

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Hey Icelover,

Congratulations ...They are just toooooo beautiful.
I have been waiting for you to be active again in the forum ;-)
Im also looking for dealer in Hyderabad who can sell me genuine untreated Burma rubies (certified).

Could you please please ....please give me the details where i can look for them :D
I would be grateful for your help.Thanks

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Agree with Chrono. I would absolutely not do a recut. It's no heat, perfectly sleepy red ruby!

Congratulations!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1406720238|3723022 said:

I agree as well.

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Wow....Burmese, no heat, over 5 carat and a pair!! I was in thailand recently looking for Burmese rubies and most places didn't have anything over two carats and they were pricey. Would you mind sharing the vendor's name? Those look amazing and I'm sure they'll make beautiful earrings.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
I love it :love: I do prefer slightly pinkish as the color becomes more chic IMO. Congrats, I hope I can find ones without costing a fortune.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results