Show me real life perspective shots of tennis bracelets

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty combo there! I love it!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's my 2ctw bezel set from Blue Nile.

_21804.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1409414972|3741990 said:
Don't laugh (ok, go ahead) as these diamond melee bracelets are like premies compared to the beauties everyone else has. But I change up my jewelry daily so it was hard to justify a big spend. In fact, I wasn't looking for a tennis bracelet because I thought the diamonds had to be a certain size to make a statement but these changed my mind.

I do love the versatility of mixing and matching with other bracelets, wearing together, or stand alone. I can also up-size/downsize depending on whatever else I am wearing that day. I tend to wear bling-ier pieces in the office and can go the other extreme to complete minimalist on weekends.

While I skimped on size, I did go for quality though. I got to borrow these to comparison shop. Not great a picture taking but these are so sparkly that they can hold up to my bling-ier pieces but small enough not to overwhelm smaller pieces.

18kt gold, 7 inch (my wrist is 6.5), about 1.3 ctw each.

wgdiamondbracelets.jpg

wgdiamondbraclets.jpg

My friend who has a tiny wrist wants the one that isn't the tennis style but she is a minimalist, although VERY picky on quality, when it comes to jewelry.

I like the combo. Very interesting to the eye. They are lovely pieces.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine. I've had it almost 2 years and still love it. It is from IDJ, 7" I like mine loose, 4.20ctw, the thinnest bezels they could find with 10pters. From a distance they look like 20pters. I pretty much wear it 24/7. I was tiling my backsplash and took off my gloves and soon realized I had thin set stuck in the links. After a bit of "Oh, s##t" I soaked it and all was well. Sometimes, especially when I'm camping, it is a little flashy but I don't care.

sam_0423_0.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1408544835|3736199 said:
Here's my IDJ bracelet, 10 pointers. I didn't read all the posts, but I suggest you get quotes from IDJ, their prices are Very good.

It's 6.21 carats, but it is a 6 1/2 inch bracelet. Definitely get a bracelet that fits your small wrist, it sits better, doesn't shift up and down as much, and looks more elegant on the wrist. IDJ can order a custom one for your size, and I picked this bracelet because the cut on the diamonds is spectacular. I've had other bracelets and ended up not wearing them because of small diamonds, poor cut, or too much metal in the setting. This is a very low profile setting and looks great.

For perspective, I'm a size 6 person, my ring size is 7, and the 10 pointers look impressive but graceful on my frame. At least I think so. :bigsmile:

Hope that helps.

Hi iLander, I missed your post. Thank you for the pictures. I think the square setting looks great on you. Really suits you. I'm glad you said to size it properly. I love the pictures where the bracelet looks like it just fits. But I think some people prefer more length because it allows for more movement right?

And the 10 pointers look really big. Quite perfect size for you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1409416977|3741997 said:
Here's my 2ctw bezel set from Blue Nile.

Athenaworth, that is so pretty and dainty. I love the separation between each stone. That's what drew me to a 2ctw to begin with. Looks like you can wear that every day.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NonieMarie|1409432419|3742074 said:
Here is mine. I've had it almost 2 years and still love it. It is from IDJ, 7" I like mine loose, 4.20ctw, the thinnest bezels they could find with 10pters. From a distance they look like 20pters. I pretty much wear it 24/7. I was tiling my backsplash and took off my gloves and soon realized I had thin set stuck in the links. After a bit of "Oh, s##t" I soaked it and all was well. Sometimes, especially when I'm camping, it is a little flashy but I don't care.

NonieMarie, the first one I really loved was a 2ctw bezeled bracelet. Maybe I should consider a full bezel, if I'm going to wear it every day. Yours looks lovely. I have to go out and see more.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are 16 and 10 pointers. I know from trying on these squarish 4 prong settings that I want a round four prong. But I still need to try the round settings.

Will post more pics next time when I test out more settings.

_21822.jpg

_21823.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops! These are 20 pointers and 15 pointers. My mistake.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
If you are going to wear the bracelet on the same hand as your wedding rings, I prefer the smaller stones, JMO.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that the .20s really look nice on you.

My two Wink bracelets (4-prong with the look of 3-prong) just visited Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks for 5 days.

sm_bracelets_at_seki_np.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Which size did you like LLJ? I know which size I liked, the 20 ptr's!! Wow--that one is gorgeous!

& the 4 vs 3 prong: the 4 gives it more of a stream lined look whereas the 3 prong provides more separation between stones. I would imagine the 4 prong would, by design, bring the stones closer to each other--in tighter, & you'd have to have more diamonds for the length vs a 3 prong. Of course, I don't 'know', just my hunch. I do like the 'line' look of a 4 vs 3 as well!

What size stones are you leaning towards, & metal type?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1409581502|3742841 said:
I think that the .20s really look nice on you.

My two Wink bracelets (4-prong with the look of 3-prong) just visited Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks for 5 days.

:) Your bracelets went on a field trip! ;-) And they look fabulous while doing it too.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1409586226|3742871 said:
Which size did you like LLJ? I know which size I liked, the 20 ptr's!! Wow--that one is gorgeous!

& the 4 vs 3 prong: the 4 gives it more of a stream lined look whereas the 3 prong provides more separation between stones. I would imagine the 4 prong would, by design, bring the stones closer to each other--in tighter, & you'd have to have more diamonds for the length vs a 3 prong. Of course, I don't 'know', just my hunch. I do like the 'line' look of a 4 vs 3 as well!

What size stones are you leaning towards, & metal type?

Hi sarahb, yes, it something I really thought about. The four prong does that, a very continuous line. It has a lot of presence from a distance. However, up close, which is how I would be looking at it all day, it is heavier looking than I would like. So I am comfortable deciding to go with the four prong round setting.

The 20s are a really awesome size, but probably out of my price range. But I need to figure out how many stones I will need in a round four prong setting for 5.75 inches. It will change by stone size I realize. I am trying to find a way to make the 15s work, but can't figure it out yet.

I also can't figure out how to wear it. 20s would be too much to wear with my ering each day to work. I think it would be over the top for my office. It would probably take me another 5 years to get comfortable with 20 pointers daily. They are bringing in 10 and 12 pointers and also round settings for me to look at. I'm not sure how it would look with my ring. I might wear it on my right hand.

orbaya said:
If you are going to wear the bracelet on the same hand as your wedding rings, I prefer the smaller stones, JMO.

Very true.

Metal? It's either 14K or platinum. I don't know how much the price difference will be. I would rather spend more of my budget on the stones, but it would depend on how much more the platinum is. And I'm even considering a bezel set. I'm going to a jewelry show next week and take a bunch of pictures to see what you all think. Pesky budgets are so annoying... :lol:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI on the mm sizes.

.20s = 3.8mm (these were my FIY diamonds)
.15s = 3.4 mm
.12s = 3.2 mm
.10s = 3.0 mm

Take the bracelet length and convert inches to mm.
Then divide into the mm per stone to get the worst case scenario of the number of diamonds needed.
The actual will be less than that because there is some metal between each diamond.

If a custom length like mine were, sometimes they don't know exactly how many diamonds are needed until
the bracelet is made. So for me, Wink quoted a price per carat of diamonds used, plus the cost of the mountings and labor.
I didn't know the final price for the bracelet until it was made.
However, since I had to pay for the entire parcel of FIY diamonds, that part was a known amount,
and we didn't know how many diamonds would be left over for the pendant until the bracelet was completed.

My advice, go for the 20s if you can swing it. DSS will set in soon.
I think that they look great on your wrist.
You won't be sorry you did.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's a few handy dandy relative 'diamond size' references I saved from a few years ago:

_21927.jpg

_21928.jpg

_21929.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb,

Thanks for posting those pictures.
I have a clear plastic template of diamond shapes and sizes that I got from the GIA during Diamond Grading Class,
but your pictures of diamonds on a finger are pretty cool. :appl:

I've also seen .pdf files on the Internet of actual diamond sizes if you print on a standard sheet of paper.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1409724096|3743883 said:
sarahb,

Thanks for posting those pictures.
I have a clear plastic template of diamond shapes and sizes that I got from the GIA during Diamond Grading Class,
but your pictures of diamonds on a finger are pretty cool. :appl:

I've also seen .pdf files on the Internet of actual diamond sizes if you print on a standard sheet of paper.

sarahb said:
Here's a few handy dandy relative 'diamond size' references I saved from a few years ago:

cflutist and sarahb, you guys are the best. Thanks for giving me the measurements, and details, and visuals. Helped a lot. I finally figured out I needed to prepare a spreadsheet cause there are too many variables. They are quoting me price per stone, per size, and we still need to figure out how many stones per inch to estimate the number of stones needed for a 5.75 inch bracelet. I'm hoping for some more info this week. I really need it. I'm so stressed at work that it's the only thing that is a light at the end of the tunnel.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Tried on a 5.25 ctw, 11-12 pointers. The setting is a little strange in that it is a four prong, and a little more round, but each setting is still not completely round. It does look more like a squarish setting, but less than the first one. I like it in the pictures more than I did at the store. The setting is such that you see metal on the left and right side between stones. So it looks more like a straight line bracelet.

I am rethinking it b/c it does have a lot of presence...

_22000.jpg

_22001.jpg

_22002.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some more from a perspective.

They would have to take off 1.25 inches off this one for it to fit.

_22003.jpg

_22004.jpg

_22005.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOOOOooooooooo...... That size looks PERFECT to me !!!! :love: :love: :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That last one looks nice, do you have a close up so we can see the setting? & my word LLJ, you have quite the figure! Good job sister! :appl: Just looked again at that bracelet, I do like it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1410020493|3745979 said:
That last one looks nice, do you have a close up so we can see the setting? & my word LLJ, you have quite the figure! Good job sister! :appl: Just looked again at that bracelet, I do like it!

You're right sarahb. My pics stink. I'm going back today to get better close up pictures. I'll do better today.

Thanks. :) It's either working out or prozac. (not really kidding...)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1410020493|3745979 said:

:bigsmile: I'll be honest, first thing I thought was "biceps!!" - even before noticing the bling!

LLJ I love this size on you! It makes a statement without being overwhelming. You've a small build... I feel like this could be a "less is more" type of thing, and that you could probably go even smaller per stone and still get that effect... and I'm really not usually wired that way!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Even though you are a smaller person, I do think this size looks great on you, in fact--perfect.

I'd caution you to really think this size thing over. You only want to spend that budget once, so get what you really think will make you happy. Ten years from now, what's the big dif between a few pointers, you know? Get what is right for You.

Your photos are great, no worries :wavey:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1410045320|3746164 said:
Even though you are a smaller person, I do think this size looks great on you, in fact--perfect.

I'd caution you to really think this size thing over. You only want to spend that budget once, so get what you really think will make you happy. Ten years from now, what's the big dif between a few pointers, you know? Get what is right for You.

Your photos are great, no worries :wavey:

Exactly !!! Very sage advice from sarahb.

I would still like to see closeup pictures that show the 4-prong mounting and the metal showing?

Are you looking for a 3-prong like my smallest bracelet?
Or a 4-prong that looks like 3-prong (my two bracelets from Wink)?
Or a 4-prong "line" bracelet that is more square?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your opinions. I really value all of them.

Here is are a couple of close ups of this hybrid 4 prong. I must admit it is growing on me. I definitely get the feel of a line bracelet, but without the harsh squareness of the more traditional type setting.

I do like the continuity of the line of sparkle from a distance.

4_prong_hybrid_1.jpg

4_prong_hybrid_2.jpg

4_prong_hybrid_3.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at a jewelry show and went crazy looking at tennis bracelets, so I will post these for your viewing pleasure.

I wouldn't get these myself, but they were so very beautiful...

3.52 ctw 47 stones

7.85 ctw 30 stones

bezel_5.jpg

bezel_7.jpg

bezel_8.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually LOVE the look of this 2.2ctw. I NEVER thought I would, but I love it with my watch. Stones were super sparkly and white. In fact, my mom bought it, and she wasn't even planning on getting anything.

_22031.jpg

_22032.jpg

_22033.jpg

_22034.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a 2.5 ctw, and this was very beautiful. I swear the stones were E-F and really, really well cut. I saw this at the end, and of course it was the most expensive.

All the ones I will post will be the roundish setting that I had originally wanted. I'm still undecided as to whether I want the roundish or the hybrid round-straight one I posted earlier today.

_22035.jpg

_22036.jpg

_22037.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results