Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really inspiring from that picture.

Why do you want to switch stones?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, not that great.

What is your budget? Let us find a better cut for you.
I would go on clarity and up on cut and color.

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Why not that great what's wrong w it

aimer87

Rough_Rock
It's their ideal cut selection the ppl from James Allen said it was nice. What am I missing. And switch stones from what? Its one of the two I posted in my last thread. But I wanted a faint yellow k I like warmer diamonds

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Ideal cut" in a fancy cut stone doesn't really mean a whole lot.
You really need to know what you are picking.
People on pricescope have spent years looking at diamond
Pictures and can tell a lot from the faceting pattern of the
Stone. The new one you picked doesn't look like it is reflecting
Light all that well and the faceting pattern is not that pretty. Just an average stone in my opinion.

Here is a stone that is nicer (I thought I had posted it before
But I dont see it now.)

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/0.55-carat-k-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-266066

Compare the above linked stone with the one you just bought. See how nice and crisp the facets look compared to the stone that you bought that looks a little hazy because the light return isn't good.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1409608925|3743020 said:
"Ideal cut" in a fancy cut stone doesn't really mean a whole lot.
You really need to know what you are picking.
People on pricescope have spent years looking at diamond
Pictures and can tell a lot from the faceting pattern of the
Stone. The new one you picked doesn't look like it is reflecting
Light all that well and the faceting pattern is not that pretty. Just an average stone in my opinion.

Here is a stone that is nicer (I thought I had posted it before
But I dont see it now.)

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/0.55-carat-k-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-266066

Compare the above linked stone with the one you just bought. See how nice and crisp the facets look compared to the stone that you bought that looks a little hazy because the light return isn't good.

nice!
We must have posted at the same time. I like yours better : )

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aimer87|1409607712|3743010 said:
It's their ideal cut selection the ppl from James Allen said it was nice. What am I missing. And switch stones from what? Its one of the two I posted in my last thread. But I wanted a faint yellow k I like warmer diamonds

No one could see it because your link was messed up. If they
Could they would not have recommended it. The people that work for JA are used to your average diamond consumer.
Most people that come to pricescope want more than average.

If it were me, I would cancel the order and ask for aset images of
Some of the other stones that have been recommended. You can request up to 3. Post links to the stones you are interested in first so we can tell you if its worth requesting an aset on it or not.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
JulieN said:
Why do you want to switch stones?
aimer87|1409607712|3743010 said:
And switch stones from what?

Honestly, your many threads have been very confusing to follow. But let me try to summarize for the benefit of other PSers trying to help.

On Aug. 13, you had already switched to your second diamond:
aimer87|1407954831|3731626 said:
Thud is my second stne because the first one did get cloudy looking at least to. Me lol everyone else swore they didnt see it.

This second diamond was a GIA-graded 0.46ct-H-SI1 with faint fluorescence, and you didn't like how it turned blue when outside on a sunny day. You were apparently also worried about a small cloud and crystal inclusion that could be seen at 60X magnification, but not at 10X.

On August 29, you posted about a third replacement diamond that you had just ordered, a 0.56ct K color princess:
aimer87|1409377877|3741895 said:
My original was a .46ct 4.13x4.04×3.22. So i think,it faced up small tablev74bdepth 78.5 was stated h color butbappraoset said i....it did look,a lil warm but i like warm.

New stonevi,ordered is gia ex polish vg symmetry ideal,cut. Table 70 depth
73.80. K color.

Apparently, you cancelled that order, and now most recently (August 31 thread) you're considering two diamonds on JA, and apparently still have some concern about inclusions in VS1+ graded diamonds:
aimer87|1409504828|3742500 said:
On os a vs1 w cloud. Other vvs2 w. Cloud., feather both ideal cut

So I think Julie's question about why you want to switch stones is a fair one.

Without knowing what exactly made you unhappy about the other diamonds that you've received or purchased, and what exactly you are looking for in a diamond, it will be very difficult for anybody here to give you good advice.

I wish you the best of luck.

aimer87

Rough_Rock
What About 315902 on James Allen that looks crisp m sparkly

aimer87

Rough_Rock
I didn't switch stones I wasnt happy w mine cuz it didn't have much fire or contrast. So I posted two Jamesen stones I liked than picked one but after reading all ur posts reconsidered and that's where 319502 comes in. It was one of the original two but after seeing what u all said this looks much better and ja agrreed

aimer87

Rough_Rock
I really like the .55 you guys suggested too. It's hard cuz I only know what I do and don't want but don't know howvtontell by the pics. I want good contrast and fire. My stone is pretty but doesn't have much life so I don't want that plus mine is way deep.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
aimer87|1409622838|3743129 said:
I want good contrast and fire.

Can you explain exactly what you mean when you say "contrast and fire"? These are terms that have specific meaning, but we want to make sure that we're on the same page (i.e., that your interpretation of "contrast" and "fire" is the same as ours).

In particular, your second diamond (the 0.46ct SI1) had plenty of contrast, in the way that term is normally understood (alternating areas of light and dark):
20140829_080116.jpg
So maybe you mean something else when you say "contrast"? And what about "fire", what exactly are you looking for?

If you want assistance, you will have to specify your budget. Can it be stretched to, say, around $1k?

You will also have to be honest with yourself about your tolerance for inclusions. Your past posts indicate that you are bothered by the presence of inclusions, even if they are so small that they cannot be seen even using a 10X loupe. Are you really going to be comfortable wearing a VVS2 or VVS1 clarity diamond, which does have microscopic inclusions?

What about your feelings on fluorescence? You seemed to be very stressed out about the blue color that was reflected by your faintly fluorescent second diamond in sunlight. And I think that you even returned your first diamond because you felt that fluorescence made it hazy, even though no one else could see it. Later you've stated that you like fluorescence. Which is it?

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Thanks for bearing w me. I'm fairly uneducated. This pic just happened to b in perfect lighting but normally my stone looks white all the time except extremely rare pics like this like it's either all white like snow or a dark Gray color. I'm not saying it's horrible by any means but w a 79.in-depth and 74 table I'm looking light. Even when I compare tombstones in jeweleybstoresblike littmans theirs just sparkled so much it had tons of colors throughout stone. Mine never gets thosevrainbows in mybstone if I get fire at all it's in direct sunlight when my stone gets dark n I may get a flash here Nd here. It just doesn't look lively now that I've seen some better stones in person. I like the small rainbows that ivevsern in other stones and as far as contrast when I tilt my ring around nothing shoes up no black pattern or anything it's just white. But I like 315902 on James Allen. I cancelled my order for the stone u guys said was a no go

aimer87

Rough_Rock
And you were right once y mentioned it I noticed how the facets were hazy n not a good pattern. But please lemme know what the 319502 looks better...ps u guys r great thank u for helping me

aimer87

Rough_Rock
About inclusions I just didn't know much about diamonds at all like what would affect brilliance etc so I'm good w anything eye clean that make the stone dull or cloudy my si1 is eye clean n it doesn't bother me I justbessnt sure if a cloud would affectbtransparency even if u needed high magnification to see it that's just me being a novice. I just want a warmer lively stone w a good pattern and light return and spsrkle

aimer87

Rough_Rock
My current.46 scored a 3a on aga cut tool mainly because girdle is very thick to ex thick and its deep so I assume that means light is lost

aimer87

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry it's diamond sku 315902 James allen

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
aimer87|1409615559|3743085 said:
What About 315902 on James Allen that looks crisp m sparkly

Ummm, no. It has some decent scintillation going on, but mostly it's blurry (not crisp) and dark (not bright).

I've noticed that you have picked a bunch of diamonds in this thread and others, that have mostly been poor performers. At the same time, you've received several diamond suggestions from PSers in this thread and in your older threads, but it seems you have mostly ignored all of these suggestions in favor of your own picks. You've also jumped the gun a few times, actually placing orders for diamonds that turned out to not be good decisions.

So, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk this up to a combination of being a novice and over-excited/anxious about getting your hands on a "perfect" diamond. But frankly, your approach hasn't worked. By my count, you're in the process of purchasing the third diamond for your ring, and you're perilously close to buying another diamond you won't be happy with. Finding a nice diamond takes patience and attention to detail, or at the very least, a willingness to accept recommendations received by those with more experience.

But this is what I would suggest to you:
Ask your fiance to join Pricescope, and have him post a request for assistance on this forum. In the meantime, you should take a nice long break from Pricescope, because I think all the information and options here cause you more stress than anything else. While you're relaxing and enjoying being engaged and not worrying about diamonds, we will help your fiance pick out the most amazing princess diamond that we can find in his budget.

I really think that will be the best way to help you get the ring that you want. What do you think?

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Well actually I did take your advice that's why the .55 u recommend to me is currently on hold w James Allen I was simply posting this link cuz I thought it looked nice I liked the contrast pattern. And no I haven't purchased 3 diamonds I've been picking put diamonds to pit on hold and asking opinions but yes ur right I may not be as diamond savvy as you but your last post was slightly offensive because in my previous posts I even apologized for my lack of knowledge and in fact did say the diamond links u sent me were nice so your right I'll just trust James Allen's opinion. Thank you for the links you sent they were helpful but I came to this site cuz I've lurked on it for months and liked the way you helped each other but I truly feel your last post was a lil snarky and rude because I have considered ur options as I've previousyposted

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Well actually I did take your advice that's why the .55 u recommend to me is currently on hold w James Allen I was simply posting this link cuz I thought it looked nice I liked the contrast pattern. And no I haven't purchased 3 diamonds I've been picking put diamonds to pit on hold and asking opinions but yes ur right I may not be as diamond savvy as you but your last post was slightly offensive because in my previous posts I even apologized for my lack of knowledge and in fact did say the diamond links u sent me were nice so your right I'll just trust James Allen's opinion. Thank you for the links you sent they were helpful but I came to this site cuz I've lurked on it for months and liked the way you helped each other but I truly feel your last post was a lil snarky and rude because I have considered ur options as I've previousyposted

aimer87

Rough_Rock
And nowhere did I jump the gun n order anything since I've posted the links to stones I like and if u hadvresdva fewvpists up in actually thankedvwhoeverbsuggested the .55 and put that into my 3 for requested gemolgical review. I'm sorry to say that u have discouraged me from this site and relying on it because the others who commented were kind and patient. But do not accuse me of ignoring suggestions I've done no such thing. Goodbye

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree with drk14. I had to bail out on this thread because it was getting to frustrating. I could go
Into detail but I won't because you won't take it
Well. I think drk14 stated things in a kindly manner and
Perhaps if he stated you did something you didn't do it's
Because this (and your other) threads are so confusing.

I do hope you find that diamond that is perfect for you.

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Oh I could go into detail too. Obviously y'all don't read the community agreement to stay positive and supportive and not be jerks. But it's all good. Other ppl on here have been extremely helpful and I don't Ser how it's confusing when I was simply posting things I thought might be good and taking your suggestions. As for other threads I postedvwuestions because I've never owned a diamond in my in my life until the one I posted the pics of which appraiser said was def no good. Sonexcuse me for asking questions and asking why you guys thought what you thought it's called learning and thatscwhat the forum is for. Not to be rude to people who aren't quote un quote as smArt. And never once did I shoot down a suggestion I was always polite and thanked you for your help and for the link to the .atk cuz that's the one we got. So thanks for that but there was no need to be snarky when I openly admitted I knew nothing and all this confused me so sorry. Hope you guys feel good making someone else feel bad. Have lovely days

aimer87

Rough_Rock
And nothing in this thread is confusing except for the fact that you posted suggestions I looked I set them aside with ja and looked at some others and asked for your opinion so it seems that I'm wrong be cuz I continued looking at other stones too. You guys are very unsupportive and just down right rude. This isvwhete ppl whobdont understand this stuff comes to learn from others hence the community agreement. So thanks for all that.

aimer87

Rough_Rock
And nothing in this thread is confusing except for the fact that you posted suggestions I looked I set them aside with ja and looked at some others and asked for your opinion so it seems that I'm wrong be cuz I continued looking at other stones too. You guys are very unsupportive and just down right rude. This isvwhete ppl whobdont understand this stuff comes to learn from others hence the community agreement. So thanks for all that.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
aimer87|1409761472|3744085 said:

I thought you said you were going to leave?

If you don't like the way you're being treated, don't continue exposing yourself to that situation. Good life lesson, if nothing else!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results