shape
carat
color
clarity

Help identify old wedding band

mp8020

Rough_Rock
Hello

This forumn was a great resource for me when I was shopping for an engagement ring ring and I am hoping you guys can help again. The ring in the attached photos was in my late grandmothers old jewelry collection. It looks like a wedding band but we don't know who's or the history behind it thus it is going to be sold. Before we do I wanted to see if anyone here recognizes the markings and if it is something that we should be more critical with when we sell it. I do know it is a platinum setting and the diamonds are real. I know color and clarity of the stones will dramatically effect the value but I would like to know if this extremely old or has any other value to it other than the diamonds and platinum. I got the feeling that the jeweler that was trying to buy it was downplaying the piece to drive the price down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

20140821_210534.jpg

20140821_211521.jpg

img_20140821_211147.jpg

20140821_210608.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Can you get a close up of the stones? Try daylight and crop up close so we can see the stone cuts. That will help. Your best bet though is to take it to a professional that does not have a "dog in the fight". Maybe have it appraised by a local GIA appraiser. It will cost money, but it will also help you sell the ring. You may want to try to sell it on loupetroop once you know what you have.

JulieKae

Rough_Rock
beautiful ring and just my style :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don't you sell it via consignment with someone like Grace;

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/

It is a beautiful ring and she has always been very fair selling items for me. Your jeweller could be downplaying its worth to pay you less for it. Its value depends on the colour and clarity of the diamonds in the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results