shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom "target" ring--who can make it?

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
I'd like to have a custom art deco-style target ring made, and I'm wondering if anyone here can recommend an artist that would be capable of it--and if you have any thoughts on how much it might run.

I'd like to put a round blue sapphire in a thin bezel halo of square cut (set flush against one another) diamonds. And possibly another thin bezel of square cut sapphires. So it's basically the reverse of your typical target ring.

If I could purchase such a thing ready-made, I most definitely would, and if it was old, even better, but I think the chances of that are pretty slim, given that most such rings have diamond centers and I'd like the halos to be really tiny compared to the center stone.

Ideally, I'd like platinum, but white gold would suffice.

Any suggestions for custom designers? And ballpark thoughts about price?

Thanks so much.

ETA: Something like this, but with the stones reversed:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-1920s-oec-and-sapphire-french-deco-ring.195806/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-1920s-oec-and-sapphire-french-deco-ring.195806/[/URL]

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
OK.... I'm guessing this is a bad idea? I think I'll keep my eyes open for a vintage target ring with diamond center instead of trying to have one made!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Decodaze,

The Jewelry pieces forum is a little slow right now, you might try re-posting in the Rocky Talky forum.
We can definitely help you find a jeweler.

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, HopeDream. I appreciate the heads up. My project has taken a different turn, so I'm pursuing the winding course toward whatever this piece turns into. I still want a target ring, though! ;-)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I would talk to Caysie van Bebber at CVB Inspired Design. She has a distinctly vintage aesthetic.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd look at Single Stone. They have done many colored halo designs. I've never seen one exactly like the one you posted, but the one you posted is one of my favorite Pricescope rings of all time! (Here are some Single Stone examples I've saved over the years-- because I just love this style of ring).

single_stone_4.jpg

_24943.jpg

single_stone_rose_cut_with_rubies.jpg

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi DecoDaze,

Where are you located. I have a jeweler here in NJ that can make anything you can draw or give him a picture of and he's reasonably priced.

Maurice

AARR

Rough_Rock
Maurice - I'm in the market for a custom deco ring and live in NJ - would love your contact. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results