carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1409412465|3741980 said:
Thank you, cmd2014. It was from the beginning of the sale. It disappeared quickly and I never saw it either but then the original owner returned it and I scooped it up. I really wanted something dark and shiny with plump shapes and this is it!

I'll find the PP glamor shot...

Here it is.

Wow! I can't imagine someone not wanting it....so lucky for you!!! I feel super blessed by all the goodies with this sale, both my own and the ones I get to enjoy vicariously. Tahitians have always been my favourite, head and shoulders above every other kind (I'm the opposite of Bsomio in that I love the dark palettes as I feel that they go best with my colouring).

Bsomio I meant to tell you last night how STUNNING your combo was. I love those pearls on you! They are different than most of your other ones, but still in a colour range that works so well on you.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Babynurse: thanks! Almost gave this strand a miss cos the front pearl really bugged me but thought no harm asking if it can be switched out. Yippee for pp customer service (and Chenai).

And I can't imagine that your stunning strand was returned too.

Edit: Oh! This was originally doubledouble's strand right? She mentioned some wonky pearls that bothered her. Did you change those out?

Cmd2014: I'm leaving it to Chenai to arrange the additions/replacement - she gets to see the pearls IRL so probably she'll know better?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this was her strand and she returned it because of the flaws. She had bought two strands and decided to keep the other. I did wonder how I would feel about the yellow part that sticks out of one of the pearls but I'm not bothered.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks cmd2014, I am ready to see it too, hoping it will nestle with the first, I am having Lynsey work on it and change a few pearls,maybe add some, I'm like you I want some silver drops now for future.

Babynurse, you pick winners! Icy Jade I have my eyes waiting for a few strands I missed out on too hoping for returns.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here's my multi-color strand with my purple dress:

Which earrings am I wearing with this strand, you ask? My madama blue akoya with duet findings!

neck_shot_7.jpg

madama_earrings_with_multi-tahtians.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo lovely, bsomlo :appl: :appl: :appl: The colors in your strand are so pleasing. They complement your skin tone and are so pretty with the purple dress. Earrings are awesome, too!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1408897159|3738541 said:
Anyone here swiped the pistachio strand?

Bsomlo n Makeable: thanks! :)

Pirard: welcome and your new rope looks fabulous!! If you don't mind can you pls post the specs and glamour shots?
Thanks Icy...I didn't receive a glamor shot for the pearls, but my strand is one of the ones on the PP model on their sale page. The model is wearing two necklaces...mine is the inner one of the two.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1409409694|3741960 said:
Lovely pearls and lovely neckshots everyone! This is turning out to be one of my fav threads. :appl:

It feels like I'm the last to get my pearls, but I know I'll be a happy gal when they are finally here. Here's my strand with the 4 extra pearls to extend it to 20 inches, and another one to replace the centre pearl which always looks duller than the rest in all the pics.

image_2252.jpg

That strand is lovely! I did the same thing and had them lengthen the 18" strand to 20. I didn'[t get any glamour shots though. I did ask, but not sure.

I think mine will be shipped on tuesday (not sure if the office is open on labor day, hopefully not) So You and I are on the super waiting last strand club!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1409421328|3742028 said:
Yes, this was her strand and she returned it because of the flaws. She had bought two strands and decided to keep the other. I did wonder how I would feel about the yellow part that sticks out of one of the pearls but I'm not bothered.

Oh yeah. Now that I know, I can see it, but it looks totally different on you.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
BN: Well, it looks fab on u! Yay for a happy ending. :)

Ckrickett: Waiting is so hard when you see everyone else's gorgeous stuff huh? =P

Pirard: Wow. You've really scored if it's a strand used for photo shoot!

Frost Me: Heh, I was quite late to the party so I've no idea if mine was a return.

I scrolled thru this thread looking at everyone's buys and this is really one heck of a temptation thread. Glad I caved n got a strand. Oh n Dmz's guilt strand? Drool... (again)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade, your strand wasn't a return. I gazed through the Tahitian sale every day and yours wasn't bought until you got it ;)) .

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Icy Jade that strand is lovely, I was looking at that strand, and looking back I had noted the item number and the specs and that is was a AAA. I agree with baby nurse this strand was not a return. I apologize I may have miss spoke or got mixed up on an earlier post. :(( sorry guys.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1409434183|3742085 said:
icy_jade|1409409694|3741960 said:
Lovely pearls and lovely neckshots everyone! This is turning out to be one of my fav threads. :appl:

It feels like I'm the last to get my pearls, but I know I'll be a happy gal when they are finally here. Here's my strand with the 4 extra pearls to extend it to 20 inches, and another one to replace the centre pearl which always looks duller than the rest in all the pics.

image_2252.jpg

That strand is lovely! I did the same thing and had them lengthen the 18" strand to 20. I didn'[t get any glamour shots though. I did ask, but not sure.

I think mine will be shipped on tuesday (not sure if the office is open on labor day, hopefully not) So You and I are on the super waiting last strand club!

Icy and ckrickett, I am still waiting too, but I don't mind.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I just realized why my blue-green one is too short. I had asked PP to replace the large ringed pearl in the center of the necklace with another pearl, and instead of replacing it with another pearl, they just took it out. Ever since I got it I've been thinking that it looks 'off', so I counted and went over it pearl by pearl to be sure. I thought it was weirdly lopsided as the largest pearls are skewed up the strand on one side. I guess I'll have to call on Tuesday and send them back to be fixed. I don't seem to be having great luck with quality control between this and my metallic strand (which is still not fixed). :((

dmz

Rough_Rock
Just a quick update... received the new strand on Friday. Thrilled with the results! I didn't know pearls could be that colourful.

Here are a few quick shots... I'll do a better job for a future post.

P.S. My wife decided to work from home on Friday, so she caught me red-handed. I'm not mean enough to make her wait for them, so there will likely be neck shots sooner than later.

Shots are straight out of the camera, no adjustments made:

img_5438.jpg

img_7612.jpg

makeable

Shiny_Rock
dmz, your strand is stunning. I love the combination of colors they used. Can't wait to see how they look on your beautiful wife!

bsomia, that strand was meant for you. So compliments your skin tone. Lovely.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Dmz:Just wow. :lickout: We NEED more photos.

Cmd: They must be pretty overwhelmed with the Tahitians special... Hope your mix ups get settled soon!

Frost me & ckrickett: Yay so I won't be the only one posting in this thread when everyone else has moved on to the Sep special. :lol:

Frost me: No worries! I'm not bothered even if it was a return. Just look at baby nurse and bsomlo's wonderful strands. :naughty:

Bn: Thanks! Wow how did u rem them all??? I think I only spotted a few AAA strands (well, I was very late to the sale, sigh) n this one had the nice plump shapes that I like.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
dmz -- how did she react, how did she react, how did she react?!!! Tell all! Does she love them?!!

More pictures, please!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409434660|3742087 said:

I know, right? They look totally different on baby nurse. Now doesn't that make you think that ALL the strands would look different on different people? Just like nail polish colors look so different from person-to-person. You'll admire a red on someone and on you it will look more orange, or more blue, or just not as good in some way.

Finding the right pearls is SO individual and there is such a complex "formula" that makes a strand "work", or not. The formula involves the coming together, or not, of various ingredients: pearl color, pearl mm, strand length, pearl overtones, necklace drape, wearer's skin tone, wearer's hair color, pearl shape, how one feels in the necklace, etc.

The combo of ingredients either works, or it doesn't.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well said, bsomlo :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1409499816|3742451 said:
cmd2014|1409434660|3742087 said:

I know, right? They look totally different on baby nurse. Now doesn't that make you think that ALL the strands would look different on different people? Just like nail polish colors look so different from person-to-person. You'll admire a red on someone and on you it will look more orange, or more blue, or just not as good in some way.

Finding the right pearls is SO individual and there is such a complex "formula" that makes a strand "work", or not. The formula involves the coming together, or not, of various ingredients: pearl color, pearl mm, strand length, pearl overtones, necklace drape, wearer's skin tone, wearer's hair color, pearl shape, how one feels in the necklace, etc.

The combo of ingredients either works, or it doesn't.
Well said BS.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- you'll be all over this with detailed comments, I'm sure! Our pearl sleuth!

I just went through every page of this wonderful thread (thank you, mapo!) and when I got to DMZ's strand I thought, "hmm, that looks similar to my strand!" Not just the whites flanking the dark central pearl -- the overall look and feel of the strands is similar. DMZ's version is more colorful and mine is more muted.

Mine:

DMZ's wife's:

neck_shot_8.jpg

dmz_strand.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1409509741|3742545 said:
Fly Girl -- you'll be all over this with detailed comments, I'm sure! Our pearl sleuth!

I just went through every page of this wonderful thread (thank you, mapo!) and when I got to DMZ's strand I thought, "hmm, that looks similar to my strand!" Not just the whites flanking the dark central pearl -- the overall look and feel of the strands is similar. DMZ's version is more colorful and mine is more muted.

Mine:

DMZ's wife's:

You know, I thought the exact same thing! Both are just beautiful!

I think you are right about the same strand looking totally different on different people too. I've had a few people try on my strands and they look great on some people and not so much on others. Someone's skin tone and the way the pearls drape can bring some pearls alive on some people and something else is a better fit on others.

I have gotten the impression that the Tahitian sale has been crazy busy for PP. Here's hoping it encourages them to do it more often!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1409453688|3742238 said:
You know, I just realized why my blue-green one is too short. I had asked PP to replace the large ringed pearl in the center of the necklace with another pearl, and instead of replacing it with another pearl, they just took it out. Ever since I got it I've been thinking that it looks 'off', so I counted and went over it pearl by pearl to be sure. I thought it was weirdly lopsided as the largest pearls are skewed up the strand on one side. I guess I'll have to call on Tuesday and send them back to be fixed. I don't seem to be having great luck with quality control between this and my metallic strand (which is still not fixed). :((

cmd2014, I don't remember the issue of your metallics, can you refresh my memory.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1409512912|3742564 said:

Mine:

DMZ's wife's:

You know, I thought the exact same thing! Both are just beautiful!

I think you are right about the same strand looking totally different on different people too. I've had a few people try on my strands and they look great on some people and not so much on others. Someone's skin tone and the way the pearls drape can bring some pearls alive on some people and something else is a better fit on others.

I have gotten the impression that the Tahitian sale has been crazy busy for PP. Here's hoping it encourages them to do it more often!
I thought you might find this interesting if you have not already read this.

http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2013/11/the-real-art-of-making-tahitian-pearl-strands/#comments

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1409515476|3742581 said:
cmd2014, I don't remember the issue of your metallics, can you refresh my memory.

First the strand broke the first time I put it on, and I sent it back to be fixed, and when I finally got it back, it was 1 1/2 inches shorter than it should be (35 inches instead of 36.5). So I called and they said that they would get back to me about what they were going to do about it (this was August 11 or 12 iirc) and no-one has gotten back to me since. It will cost me $43 to send them back for a refund but I think that's what I am going to do....especially since I'm going to have to send my other strand back to be fixed anyway. My hope had been to wear it doubled, but it's just a bit too tight without the extra length to be comfortable.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014, I know you know they will make you happy. The cost for returning your pearls is pricy, yikes! To me it would be worth to get it right so everyday you can enjoy them with a smile. Recently I returned a few strands too, one was the multi for your pearl sister, due to the price level of each strand I added more insurance to them which increase the shipping greatly. It is worth it to me vs. being out thousands. Hope this helps a little.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
dmz - Your bride's strand turned out so beautiful!!!! I'm waiting for you to tell the rest of the story … :clap:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1409538165|3742707 said:
cmd2014, I know you know they will make you happy. The cost for returning your pearls is pricy, yikes! To me it would be worth to get it right so everyday you can enjoy them with a smile. Recently I returned a few strands too, one was the multi for your pearl sister, due to the price level of each strand I added more insurance to them which increase the shipping greatly. It is worth it to me vs. being out thousands. Hope this helps a little.

I'm shipping from Canada, so that adds $$$ to the shipping. It's $35US to ship here, and without a corporate account it's more to ship back. I'm going to call them first, and I'm sure it will get worked out. My blues themselves are beautiful. It's why I've been so tempted by the 50 inch strand.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

bsolmo - I've been entertaining this holiday weekend and just catching up with my favorite pearly thread on PS. Certainly yours and dmz's strand are different strands (not always a given these days, but while photos can be in two places at once, pearls themselves cannot :bigsmile: ).

One thing that I noticed while looking at lots of pearls in person during the ruckus, is that pearls from particular farms, or from particular designers, carry a certain unique look all their own. I commented to Pattye that Kamoka pearls had their own look, and tended to look like Kamoka pearls. She agreed (and I feel like such a little grasshopper learning from the wise master. So much I haven't learned that she has forgotten.)

Are you thinking that these two strands, yours and DMZ's, having been purchased from, and presumably both assembled at, the same pearl seller, that these two strands bear a resemblance due to the pearl strand designer's unique point of view? That a strand assembled at, say another fine pearl seller, would have a slightly different look? I think it is quite possible. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results