shape
carat
color
clarity

Are my baguettes too big?

EmeraldDiamondCity

Rough_Rock
I do agree with the comment about thinning the prongs but is it that noticeable in real life?[/quote]

The prongs don't look that big in real life - I wouldn't mind them being a bit thinner, but I already had them thinned out once already. My jeweler thinks that if they are too thin, it compromises the safety of the stone.

Tickles

Rough_Rock
When I look at the photos of the new design, I see a "whole package" a ring which has three beautiful stones which come together to make one heck of a ring (seriously, I think it's making me re-think what I want in an engagement ring from an oval with a halo to your exact ring, wrap it up please! :razz:).

When I look at the old design I see the center stone and two "supporting" stones rather than a whole package ring. Personally I like the new one better but I guess it depends on how you want the ring to look overall.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, it sure doesn't matter what we all think, you don't like your current one based on this thread and the other one you posted 8)

based on both threads I much prefer this setting, it is like a billion times nicer than your old one, but in terms of proportions I liked the smaller baguettes.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I love your baguettes! The ring looks beautiful,makes quite a stunning statement,!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I think the boobs, er...baguettes look fantastic next to your 2ct. center stone! :lol: It's a very classic, elegant style to begin with, and I can't recall a time when I've ever seen an emerald cut ring and thought, "good God, those baguettes are really just too much!"

Looks great!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, I'm sorry you're not completely happy with the look of your reset EDC :(sad FWIW, if I saw you wearing this ring in real life, I would definitely not say "Gee, that ring would look better with slightly smaller sidestones"...All I would think is "Omg, what a gorgeous ring!" IMO your center stone looks huge, and I adore the look of your ring. I hope you can start to feel better about it, because it really is a stunning piece.

EmeraldDiamondCity

Rough_Rock
Thanks for weighing in PSers. It seems some people prefer the smaller baguettes and some people prefer the larger. In hindsight, I think that the smaller ones were more elegant & highlighted the centre stone, but the bigger baguettes give a much different look which is still lovely, I just have get used to it.

I really appreciate everyone's opinion's and the time you took to weigh in. What a ridiculous first world problem to have eh? I feel so spoiled sometimes ;-)

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I much prefer the larger baguettes, to be honest. I like the proportions and I think they flatter your centre stone rather well. I love baguettes either to have presence, or to be just a tiny glint of diamond, so I like your larger baguettes. I'd either have the large ones, or non-tapered and smaller than the first set, personally.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I remember your last thread in RT and I think that this setting is much more elegant than your last. I think your claw tips are just fine but that the knobby ends could be refined a bit. I completely understand why your jeweler wouldn't want to thin the tips down more though. I also think that the metal at the ends of the baguettes could be thinned down some. I think it would help give it a more sleek, streamlined look. All very easy and inexpensive improvements. :)) Your ring is beautiful though, and if you hadn't asked specifically for constructive criticism I wouldn't have found any. ;))

elizabeth1982

Rough_Rock
First of all, I LOVE the 2 ct center stone. I have dreams of a 2 ct upgrade one day ..... a long time from now .....

The bigger baguettes just give the ring a different look. I bet you will learn to love them after a while.

Next time don't mess with perfection! :) Congrats on everything!

lnl001

Rough_Rock
Realizing this is an older thread.. But still cracked me up "baguette job"
I like them both.. So really up to you..
But here's a odd baguette job..
Antique Cartier ..
image_2218.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just dropping by to say I love this ring. Elizabeth Taylor all the way!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your baguettes are just the right size. You have a beautiful ring and hopefully it will grow on you.
Before you had a ring with supporting stones. After the reset it looks more like a balanced 3-stone. It's a different look and it depends on what you are looking for.

It's stunning!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the proportion is great. I like your ring. It's classic and elegant.

EmeraldDiamondCity

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses guys, so glad you like it. :appl:

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
Not too big at all! I prefer your new baguettes and the current setting!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm your ring is STUNNING! Love it! Looks gorgeous!!!! :love: :appl:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I think it makes your ring look HUGE!!! Definitely not smaller and it looks beautiful. I also think when it's our own ring, we magnify every detail, second guessing ourselves!! At-least, I know I do that!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just came across this and wanted to say that I prefer the new one- I think it looks great and has such presence. I hope you are enjoying it- such a classic.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both - I think they are both different, as the others have pointed out your first ring makes your centre stone pop more or the central focus of what your eye looks at, this is what you are probably missing. The new ring is more of a three stone type arrangement, better finger coverage and more to take in visually. Both are beautiful rings and you have a beautiful centre stone so I don't think there is a right and wrong answer other than what you like best.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
It's really about two different looks - the smaller baguettes allow the center stone to really "pop" and the larger ones make it more about the style of the whole ring. I actually prefer the smaller baguettes.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I, by far, love the bigger baguettes. It makes your ring more of a statement piece.

EmeraldDiamondCity

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate everyone's perspective, it's really interesting to get in everyone's take.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the bigger side stones. They do not make the center stone look smaller. Congrats!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful. I really think the problem is you are used to seeing the smaller ones. Did you have your previous setting for a long time? I bet in a few weeks you will feel differently. I go thru this whenever I make a change. Within a month I always end up being glad I made the change.

Your center stone is stunning!

scratch

Rough_Rock
I love the new baguettes! They are much better proportionally to your centre stone - just my 2 cents.

I agree that new claws on the centre stone would change the whole look and then it would be perfection! The claws would be daintier and make your centre stone pop more which is what I think you sound worried about... ?

Btw your centre stone is soooo georgous! Your whole ring is beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results