shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-bless your heart, I bet you were water gurgling in the middle of the night even when you're away from your place! You're having to do so much work around your condo, you don't have time for an actual job. Or is your job the place you go to relax?

Marcy-you sure had a busy weekend. Sorry to hear about your aunt. Wedding wear is so uncomfortable! I'm glad the bride was happy, even though she was a tad disorganized. How long will Marty be in Ethiopia? Do you ever think...holy cow, Marty's in Ethiopia?

We went home to KY today for our usual Sunday gathering. Everyone was there except for one BIL, so there was another epic wiffle ball game, lots of food, and an afternoon of swimming. I'm dreading work tomorrow. I told our director on Friday that I wasn't willing to continue working under the conditions much longer. The problem person needs to be replaced, not pacified. Pacifying does not solve the problem, but only puts more stress on the rest of the team. I have health issues, and the work drama and stress sure don't help any. I have a few ring pics. Sorry they aren't good. I emailed Denise today to see if there were any glamour shots since I can't get a pic.

_21624.jpg

_21625.jpg

_21626.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your ring is gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love: I love it and it looks wonderful on your hand. :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I didn't realize this was the weekend of the wedding. Oy for bridesmaids dresses--I've donated so many of them over the years that I can't even count... That's pretty crazy about not having a rehersal the night before! There are so many moving parts to a wedding that at least one run through would do everyone some good so they aren't wandering around the church looking like lost sheep!

Deegee, your ring is fabulous!!! If I were you I'd send so much time looking at that beauty I'd never get anything else done! It sounds like you and your family had a great weekend. How I even normal families. Maybe in my next life I'll have one too! Your work situation sounds rather grim and I'm sorry you have to go through that. We spend way to many hours at work to be miserable!

This weekend the CB and I took everything off the shelves and cleaned them. What an undertaking. Now the stuff is scattered all over the floor and I've got to get it back up there by the end of the week because our plan is to start putting down the flooring on Saturday. Of course all sorts of unexpected things will likely come up on Saturday and it will probably morph into Sunday before we get a single piece down but that will be fine too. There are still a couple of spots on the floor that aren't at the level of relative humidity recommended by the flooring product manufacturer but I am just going with it at this point. I mean the stuff IS waterproof--that's why I bought it!

I just got off the phone with American Airlines. They changed my flights both to and from Phoenix for Thanksgiving so I had to get them changed to something that was more palatable to me than what they just arbitrarily decided to change them to on their own! I really really really hate when airlines start messing with the schedules. Last year United changed my flight back from Orlando when I was visiting my dad and I went for a direct flight home to some crazy hop through Washington, D.C. Needless to say there was some screaming getting THAT fixed too becuase they were not going to be accommodating AT ALL. WTF?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Deegee, I do really freak out at some of the places Marty travels to for work. I was looking at all the countries around one of his stopovers and was thinking “Holy Crap” those are not friendly or safe places. Good thing I have some pretty sparkly things on my hands to help calm me down. Marty will be home Friday. 2 days travel to get there, 2 days of meetings then 2 days to get home. I like what you said about the problem person needs replaced not pacified. That is so true! I hope they listen to you. Your trip to KY sounds really fun. How is your father doing? And how is your mom?

Dee Jay, there was that movie about bridesmaids dresses – I have never kept any of them either. One outing and they are out of here! I bet cleaning out your shelves off and dusting was a major chore. Good luck getting started on your flooring this weekend. All this rain isn’t helping the cement dry out. Have you heard any good news back from your attorney yet? Nice that AA is rearranging your flights for Thanksgiving. Marty says all the flights are getting more and more packed, overbooked and such a nightmare to change flights around.

We had a rainstorm and then thunderstorm move through about 12:30 to 1:30 this morning that woke me up. I checked Marty’s flight status while I was awake. I forgot to set my alarm but I still woke up at my normal time. Darn.

Work was hectic and I had some of those moments when I wanted to pound my head on the desk again. What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger, right?

I returned the tux during lunch today and had a grilled burger and corn on the cob for supper. I am trying to actually cook this week instead of buying food that magically appears when I hand off money through a window.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I am holding off having the attorney send anything until the problem is fixed but I'll talk with him again in a few days. It's too funny that Marty is flying two days each way to have two days of meetings. Bill used to do that all the time; it would take him longer to get to/from somewhere than he would actually spend there. And my favorite thing about bridesmaid's dresses is when they say, oh, you can TOTALLY wear this again! Um... NO. Not unless I go to a Halloween party. Chartruse one-shouldered shantung with a poofy crenoline skirt and a rhinestone belt isn't really my thing on a day-to-day basis.

Last night I put almost all the stuff back up on the shelves. Funny thing is they look more empty than they did before becuase I tried to spread stuff out, including clear at the top, so now instead of having the entire bottom full I have big gaps all over. Oh well, that's truly the LEAST of my problems right now! I also wrenched my back a little becuase I missed the last step of the step ladder (thank god it was the small ladder at that point and not the big ladder) and I was afraid I would be in major pain today but I think I'm actually OK.

I can feel an uber productive day coming on so I think I'm going to get me one more cup o' Joe and get on with it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday! :wavey:

Deegee, good plan to wait until the problem is fixed before you see what legal action to pursue. It sounds like Bill did a lot of traveling. I think Marty’s craziest trip was to fly to Rio, go directly to the meeting, then return to the airport and fly home. It was pretty much almost 3 days but just for one meeting. I guarantee I’ve never worn any of my bridesmaid dresses again. Is your back better tonight? It is a good thing the stepladder was a short one.

I got my hair cut after work and made myself a mini frozen pizza for supper. Day 2 of no window food. Woo hoo!

One of the guys that met Marty in Ethiopia got really sick and they had to call in a doctor today. He is feeling better and they think it was something he ate at the airport in London. How miserable to be really sick so far from home. Marty will be home late on Friday so I am almost ½ way there.

Have a great day tomorrow!

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, yah for a good haircut! It really makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it? I feel bad for Marty's colleague being sick over there. One of the two sickest times I've ever been in my life was in Detroit. I (no exaggeration here at all) thought I was going to die. I didn't leave the hotel room for two days -- the first day I was too sick to even call and tell the guy I was working for that I wasn't coming in. The third day I had to go somewhere and do training. I seriously thought I was going to pass out the entire time. Horrible.

Last night I didn't get home until after 8 pm. I was having such a burst of productivity that I just kept at it, and I can feel the second wave coming on this morning so hopefully I'll get this giant pile of "stuff" taken care of before I go today.

Tomorrow the work for the sewer repair is supposed to start. As far as the CB and I can tell the guys they've hired (a) aren't licensed, (b) didn't pull a permit, and (c) haven't called DIGGER. DIGGER is the service that you are REQUIRED to call in Chicago before any subsurface excavation because they will come out and mark all the underground utilitlines. Keep in mind the downspout they are digging up is within about a foot of the gas main. The CB sent an email with these facts to the plumbing inspector this morning so I hope something comes of it. I want the problem fixed but I also want it done in a way that won't blow the whole complex up in the process. I'm so over this...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you never see another post from Dee this is why...

no_digger.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday (aka Dee Jay, Watch Out for a Big Boom Day)

Dee Jay, I sure hope CB’s email to the plumbing inspector resulted in the proper marking out where the utilities are and hence digging where it’s safe. That is scary. Yay for having a productive day yesterday. It sounds like you were very sick when you were in Detroit. It is one of those deals where you’d have to feel better to die. I hate being that sick.

We were really busy at work. I ended up working an extra hour. I had a Stouffers spaghetti with meat sauce for supper, it wasn’t bad at all. I saved half of it for lunch tomorrow.

We’ve had lots of rain off and on today. It is starting to feel like autumn around here. Oh oh.

Deegee, how is your pretty ring?

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, sadly, no, there are still no markings on the sidewalk. I just went other there with my tape measure at the gas line is 7" from the downspout. To put it in terms we care about, approximately the length of one open DBY bracelet! I am sitting here in my lawn chair waiting for the crew to arrive. I'm not going to say a peep until they actually make a cut because until that point no violation has been committed. The CB is going to call his guy at the city right at 8:00 when they open and see if he can catch them before they go out on their rounds for the day. So if anyone needs me, I'll just be sitting here waiting for the fun to begin... NOT.

And did you say you had PART of a microwave dinner and put the OTHER PART away? Curby, those things are TINY--barely three bites! That reminds me though of when I was studying for the last part of the CPA exam the next day and I was Out Of Food and there was no chance in hell I was taking even ten minutes out to go to the store and get any more because what if those ten minutes were the time span where I would have learned The Thing that would have gotten me a passing score. So I scrounged DEEP in the freezer and found one lean cuisine. It had to last me for two days so I ate half and was going to put the other half in the fridge after it cooled down... but I forgot. The next morning I got out and when looking in the fridge for the only food there was... only to find it on the counter BESIDE the fridge. I was heartbroken. I ended up getting a snickers in the lobby of the building where the test center was, but I'm still sad over the LC!

OK, off to get a second cup of coffee and take up my post for "construction supervision"!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Dee Jay, are you and CB still in one piece? Did anyone every come out and mark out the utilities lines? I haven’t heard about any big explosions in your party of the country but I’ve been wondering how things turned out. LC and WW entrees are smaller portions than the regular entrees. I think ½ of them are too small but if I eat all of them I’m too full. I eat really bad today. Lucky charms for BF, then snacked on chips and salsa at work (and homemade crackers) then picked up a small hamburger on the way home with a small root beer float. I ate a baby bell cheese a little while ago. Now that Marty’s home I’d best go buy real food.

Marty got home about an hour ago. He is taking a shower now and then going to bed. He is in a golf tournament this weekend. He’ll probably be napping on the couch a lot too. He has a few conference calls this weekend and on Monday as well.

I don’t have many plans for the weekend. I left work at 3 today but then got a call about 5 and had to dial in to work and do something that took me about 75 minutes. I hope it’s not a trend for the weekend. Sometimes when I get paged once it is just the beginning of a busy weekend.

Take care. Have a great weekend. :wavey:

Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-an open DBTY bracelet? Dang, that's close! Is everything still okay and in one piece? Anything happen with the plumbing inspector? I don't think I'd want to hang around to supervise. Is your back okay? I always think the little slips sometimes hurt my back more than a fall. You'd be so proud of me...I bought a picture and a lamp for the entryway table (that has had nothing on it for a year), and a vase for my cubey entertainment center. Go me!

Marcy-that has to be so awful to be sick when you're far away from home. Did Marty have a good trip? How on earth does he have the energy to travel so much and so far, and then come home to play in a golf tournament? Are you happy with your haircut? I'm still letting mine grow. It is right at my shoulders now, so a few more inches should do it...at least get me back to where I was before my haircut lady scalped me last year! Matt and I stopped by the Audi dealer again last night. I have decided I want a zippy car, smaller than my MDX. The Q7 is too big, I think. I plan to test drive the Q5 or the supercharged SQ5. Matt tells me I don't need a supercharged engine because I tend to have a heavy right foot. I tell him I need it because in those 34 seconds I'm on the interstate coming home from work, I have to merge, get over 3 lanes and exit. Do you get paged a lot for work?

I worked 12 hours every day last week. I am too BLEEP old to work that BLEEPING many hours a day! (Please excuse my potty mouth) I did absolutely nothing yesterday but sleep and slack. I got permission on Friday to work from home as needed and be able to count the time so I won't have to stay so late. I don't get OT, but I can accumulate the time to take off later. I have a lot to do for a Tuesday morning deadline, and we plan to head to KY tomorrow so I'll be working most of today. We absolutely have to go to the grocery store today because the food situation in this house is dire! I got a few halfway decent ring pics I'll try to post. I was thinking about getting a plain knife edge band from Tiffany to wear with it. What do you think? Have a great rest of the weekend!

_21845.jpg

_21846.jpg

_21847.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday – rats the end of our 3 day weekend.

Deegee, yeah for buying a picture and lamp for the entryway. Marty was pretty struck by how poor of country it is and how sad the corruption is there that makes the rich richer and the poor are neglected. Getting around sounds harrowing – no stop lights, holes so large a pickup could be lost in them and broken up pavement plus livestock and pack donkeys causing more traffic jams. I really like my new hairdo. The extra layer really perked it up and it doesn’t look so flat to me. I would try out both the Q5 and SQ5 but if it’s like the A6 you honestly don’t need the S model. You can get going very easily without it. I do get paged quite a bit about 8 months of the year. Often it’s because the other departments call me to see who is on call and since they already disturbed me I may as well do it myself. Also some of my team I’d rather not have them do things they aren’t very familiar with anyway. Sorry you are working so many hours a day, I am sure glad you live closer to work now. Did they get rid of that problem person? It’s nice you can use your extra time to take off time later. Sadly that doesn’t work for me but I sure don’t feel bad if I am gone more than an hour for lunch now and then or come in late because of some appointment. Great pictures of your pretty ring. I think a plain gold band would look great with it, do you have a Tiffany’s near you to go try rings on. My Etoile is my favorite band.

Dee Jay, did they get things fixed? Did any inspectors ever show up?

I finished a book and read another one this weekend. Watched a few movies, bought a few groceries but mostly was pretty lazy.

I have lasagna in the oven and make us a cake. Leftovers for lunch! Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I think the closest Tiffany's is in Pittsburgh, which is about 3-4 hours away. I was thinking of ordering the platinum knife edge band. I am not a blingy person, and I'm not liking my diamond band with it at all. I've been wearing my new ring by itself. I'm glad you like your new 'do. My hair always behaves better when I get the layers shaped up a little. I bet Marty does get to see some interesting things in his travels. We can't even imagine some of the things. The 3.0T Prestige Q5 is at the top of my list. It should be pretty zippy! Is Marty home for a while?

We spent the day in KY with my family...had the traditional barbecue, potato salad, all that good stuff. I'm really dreading work tomorrow. I'm expecting things to improve soon, but I'm not sure how long I can hold on. I'm trying to hold on until vacation at least, but no promises after that. Have a good Tuesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, they never did mark the utilities but the diggers hand excavated going from the opposite side of the gas line so there was no big explosion! They fixed one of the problems (the collapsed downspout) but now the larger problem is an obstruction in the main sewer line and I'm not sure they fully understand that that has to be corrected too. The good news is the sewer inspector is now my new best friend so hopefully I can get him to make them understand even if I can't LOL.

Deegee, I like your ring with the diamond band but I think a knife's edge could be lovely too! Your car buying adventure is making me want to go a look at zippy new toys too... and we all know what happens when Dee goes to a car dealership, even *just to look* -- oh, yes, I'll take one of those, thank you! HA! Hopefully the work situation will resolve itself and you can come back to a happy new situaiton after vacation. Being miserable at work is... well... miserable!

The CB and I got about 60% of the flooring down this weekend. He optimistically thought we'd get it all in, but I was not surprised to have quite a bit left. The good news is we've got a "living room" again becuase we moved the sofa, coffee tables and upholstered chairs back over from the concrete side to the finished side. It's the small things in life, right?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday / Tuesday (or it seems that way).

Deegee, Marty said the Q5 and SQ5 both have the 3.0L engine but the S model is a different trim package. It is the same engine we have. I guess the R models are the “racing” cars. I’d go with the prestige package too. It is definitely pretty zippy. I think ordering a band from Tiffany’s is a great idea. I still haven’t given up the idea of buying another Etoile and having it made in to an ering with my ACA. I’m good for now though – must not spend money on jewelry, must not spend money on jewelry, must not spend money on jewelry. Weird, my keyboard got stuck. Marty is home this week. That’s about all I know. He got up at 2 am to work today; he is trying to help out on a project in Serbia. He is very much a couch potato tonight. Your vacation to the beach house should be coming soon.

Dee Jay, I am relieved you and your home are still in one piece. Have you spent time with your new best friend to convince them to fix the sewer line? If you and Deegee both get a new car then I’d have to be tempted. Once the snow starts piling up and Marty is in Hong Kong I am going to wish I had a Q5. Woo hoo for getting over ½ of your place done this weekend and getting it set back up. At least you can feel like you are living there again. What a major pain this has been for you.

I was really busy at work catching up for missing yesterday. I got home a little late. Marty was so tired he didn’t marinate the London broil I picked up so we had breakfast for supper. Basic old bacon, eggs, toast and potatoes. That does hit the spot for supper sometimes.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty said I should patent this for a T-Shirt. I got all of our breakfast done at the same time but I told Marty he's going to have to butter his toast. He was giving me a bunch of grief (in jest of course) and I said "Life's tough. Sometimes you have to butter your own toast". :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, if we're having t-shirts made my neighbor has one for me! Last weekend we were talking about the sewer problem and I told him I WAS GOING TO GET THIS THING FIXED. He said he had absolutely no doubt about that -- I'm "like a coyote with a taco."

Like a coyote with a taco - HAHAHAHAHA!

I have no idea why that was so damn funny, but it was! Now the CB calls me his little coyote! :lol:

We went down to Maxwell Street on Sunday, which is this flea market sort of thing in a Mexican part of town. I found a big vase for one of the large open spaces in the bookcase with a coyote painted on it. For $20 I couldn't resist!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coyote with a taco. That is hysterical, Dee Jay. I'll be chuckling all night now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Last night (before I posted about the coyote!) I wrote an offer on a property with one of my clients. Hopefully this will go through becuase they've been looking for quite a while and they really like this particular house.

I just got done watching a video on what to do if your ulnar nerve is compressed. I've been having numbness in my fingers for a while now and I think it's because I spend so much time with my elbows bent typing, due to the way I sleep, or both. Hopefully these exercises will take care of it because it's really annoying. Of course I googled what could cause this and came away with everything up to and including a brain tumor. I'm hoping it's just that I type too much, HA!

I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow (just a general physical becuase I haven't been in... um... years...!) and I'm almost afraid to mention this to her becuse being uber conservative I'm afraid she'll ship me off for an MRI or something, and I really really really hate those, especially when they put you the whole way in the tube.

OK, off to do some major work since this is my last day in the office this week. I was going to come in on Friday since we were closed on Monday but it's my birthday and I think I'll just start toasting to the end of my 43rd year early and keep on going!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- woo-hoo for no explosion! It seems like things are finally moving along. I'm glad to hear it. Won't it be awesome when you don't have to fear the water gurgling sound? I have a lot of numbness and tingling in my arms and hands, but mine can be traced to the damage in my neck from my car accident and the fact that I have broken my left wrist 4 times. I hope you can find some exercises to help. Yup, I agree. Don't go to work on your birthday! I thought I was way older than you since you have much more spunk than me. I'm 46, so we're pretty close! Coyote with a taco is freaking hilarious, and finding the vase was just perfect.

Marcy-I like Marty's Tshirt idea. Too cute! Have you seen Weird Al's First World Problems video? I watched that with my nieces and they didn't quite get it. The SQ5 has 354 hp, and the 3.0T Q5 has 272 hp, and I think the "Prestige" gives it that S line trim. Is that what you have? Matt tells me 272 hp is plenty because the vehicle is smaller and lighter than my current MDX (which has 304 hp). I have to be able to get away from those tractor trailers on the interstate! That would be funny if dee*Jay, you and me all got new cars. Your breakfast dinner sounds wonderful. I have a friend who refuses to eat breakfast food for dinner because he operates under this weird "all foods have a specific time of the day to be consumed" theory. I live more by "whatever, whenever" thing when it comes to food.

Ladies, apparently I will do anything to keep from going to work. Yesterday morning I discovered my car had a completely flat tire, so a friend picked me up for work. While we were walking to the building, I was too close to the edge of the sidewalk, twisted my foot, and had a truly spectacular fall. I am so incredibly stoved up. My ankle (same one I hurt tripping over the cat) and right forearm are swollen and painful, and wowza does my back ever hurt! I keep trying to decide whether or not I need an X-ray on my arm. It hurts, but not like any of the other broken bones I have had...and I've had several. Matt has been a total sweetheart taking care of me, but I'm really aggravated with myself. GRRR me. I'm off to take a pain pill and a nap. Have a great day tomorrow!

Oooh...and I found an old thread from 2006, I think, where the person had a rb with pear side stones similar in size and design to mine with a Tiffany knife edge wedding band. I like the look a lot, and I thought it was great to find a picture of exactly what I want! Yay! As Dee*Jay just said, it's the little things!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday.

Dee Jay, Happy Birthday! :wavey: I am still laughing at the coyote comment. You definitely need a t-shirt made up for that. And how cool you found a coyote vase for your bookcase. I hope the offer is accepted for your client. How exciting for them. I will keep my fingers crossed that those exercises help the numbness in your fingers. I am still having that problem with my shoulder. I swear though once your google your symptoms you think you’ve got one foot in the grave. Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. As my BIL and I were saying the other day all these people that we know who are sick, take pills, have health issues have one thing in common. They all go to doctors. So the fact we stay away from doctors works for us. :lol:

Deegee, I am so sorry to hear you fell. I bet you are very sore today. I hope you are feeling better. In spite of my doctor avoidance issue maybe you should get your arm x-rayed since it hurts so much. I am glad Matt is taking good care of you but he always does. That doesn't surprise me you found pictures of a ring similar to yours with a Tiffany knife-edge band. I think getting your new ring would go a long way in making your back, ankle and arm feel better. I will have to find Weird Al’s video and watch it. Yes, we have the Prestige model. It looks like the SQ5 has the same engine we have but I’m not sure. It says 3.0L Turbo on my car. I do know it runs just fine. Neither one of us are stuck on certain food is only eaten at certain times. If it sounds good then it works for me. I like breakfast for supper now and then.

Marty cooked yellow squash and London broil on the grill for supper. I brewed up rice I the microwave so we had a good dinner with very few dishes. Woo hoo!

Marty got up at 3:30 today but I think he is sleeping in longer tomorrow. He is flying to Serbia on Sunday then gets back the following Saturday. He is looking at apartments to rent in Hong Kong right now. He thought that would be easier for 3 months off and on because then he can leave things there when he comes home for 2 weeks.

Off to look at Tiffany bands online.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Deegee, OMG – that’s quite a fall you took! Between you, Curby, and me we should rename this the invalid thread! Did you ever have any PT for your neck injury? Is there anything else you can do at this point? And I am indeed right there with you in age, turning 44 tomorrow. Was the thread from 2006 for KristyDarling’s ring? I briefly had a round with pears when I was in the upgrading/resetting process, but then I ended up with that Kelege monstrosity…

Curby, I told the doc this morning that I’d researched my symptoms and could have anything from high blood pressure to a brain tumor. We seem to agree that it’s like a pinched nerve though, LOL, so I’m going to try some PT. I totally think it will be easier for Marty to get an apartment and leave things in HK than have to drag everything back and forth all the time. As for breakfast, I don’t really like breakfast food much at all, at any time of day. The CB and I try to go to places when I can get non-breakfast food in the morning. There’s a restaurant near us where I often have a pulled pork sandwich for breakfast. I’m just weird that way!

Today after I went to the doc I stopped and saw the attorney. He’s got a new angle on potential negligence so I’ve got some more homework to do. Then I popped into TJ Maxx and bought five more things from the shelves. I have this mental limit of about $10, maybe $15 if it’s something SPECTACULAR, so places like TJM and Marshalls fit the bill. Now I’ve got to get the ladder over there and put them new stuff up. Maybe a nap is in order first…

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Dee Jay, LOL at the invalid thread. I feel like it. I am starting to think my numbness is from setting in a short chair and typing at my desk at work. We were insanely busy with lots of problems today and I barely had time to get up and visit the little PS room and about 4 both my shoulders were going “Yo, Marcy”. Are you doing anything fun for your birthday tomorrow? I am glad to hear the doctor agreed with your diagnosis. I hope the therapy works for you. I knew a girl in college who would order a cheeseburger and fries for breakfast. It’s all food, right? So you have homework to do research for your attorney? Hopefully it all pays off. Did you get in a nap? I am yawning and it’s not even 9 yet. Of course Marty went to bed at 8:15.

Deegee, how are you doing and feeling today? I hope you are improving already.

Work was busy, crazy and irritating. Between the database being down until noon, dealing with an annoying vendor and employees who can’t remember things or do things right in the first place I truly wanted to have a Gordon Ramsey outburst. I was busy enough though that I just kept working.

Marty was on the phone most of the day so he didn’t get much done. The lady he is dealing with on the Serbia project is taking a lot of his time. We had our hinged French doors installed today so he was busy with the installers as well. They look really nice. They said there wasn’t much insulation around the doorframes they replaced so they put in some insulation for us. Marty has to paint the trim outside on the house, paint the trim on the inside on the door, touch up the holes in the wall where our curtains were and we’ll be done. The doors have internal shades. Hopefully I don’t think they let in too much backlight because Marty does not want to have curtains over the doors. I am OCD about checking to see if doors are locked and you can’t tell by looking at these if they are locked. You pull the handle up and it puts pins in place then turn a deadbolt. They seal up really well. We hated the sliding glass doors.

We ordered in pizza for supper tonight because I didn’t want to cook or do dishes. At least tomorrow is Friday!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday to me!

Curby, I'm glad I'm not the only one who orders non-breakfast food for breakfast. I love left overs too--there's nothing like a little spicy Indian food to get the ol' motor running first thing in the morning!

Last night I sat in the parking lot with eight of my neighbors and drank prosecco until about 11. That part was fine, but the part where I hadn't eaten anything since noon was not... and by the time I went back inside I didn't feel like eating (not to mention there's really nothing in the house). After I finish this post (and my coffee!) I am going to get something to eat!

I also locked myself out this morning. I brought my laptop and phone out and set them on my lawn chair and then I went back in to make my coffee. Half way across the living room I heard the phone ringing and I rushed to get here because one of my client is out of town and we're trying to reach a deal on a house so I didn't want to miss the call. I closed the door behind me and then realized it was locked. Oops. Fortunately one of my neighbors has a key and he brought it over so I could get back in. I have one of those key lockboxes (I am a realtor after all!) and I think I'm going to have to put it out here somewhere because I can see this happening again and if my neighbor isn't home I'm screwed with a capital S...!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, Dee Jay! :wavey: I hope you have a great day. Marty eats cold leftovers for breakfast. No food is off limits any time of the day. That worked out well for you that your neighbor had a key to your place. I so need to get a spare key somewhere else for our place. My parents always had one. Good luck on your client''s deal. Partying with your neighbors sounds quite entertaining. Starting your B-Day celebration early. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Work was slightly better than yesterday. We left 20 minutes early. Woo hoo. We are having a poker party tonight so I have my locally famous death cookies baking. I am refraining from eating a hot one until the last batch is done that way I won't "test" every cookie sheet that comes out of the oven. :bigsmile: I have baggies handy to send cookies home with the poker participants.

Marty's flights to Europe were cancelled and his work's travel agency never notified him. He submitted them again. That was weird. His flights in Europe were still there. He may be home next week after all.

Deegee, I sure hope you are doing okay after your very nasty fall.

BTW I did have another curb incident coming home today. I have not surveyed the damage. I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-day late happy birthday to you! I hope you had a fabulous day! I didn't know you had a rb pear ring. The brick is the only one I remember. I will admit, my new ring didn't knock my socks off when I first took it out of the box, but now I really like it. The one I found wasn't kristydarlings, although I think that was my favorite version of her ring. The one I found was ocean...something. I don't think she posts anymore. I had PT for about a year and a half after my wreck. I am so thankful for my physical therapist! After my wreck, I was unable to use my left arm, turn my head at all, or walk without a very noticeable limp. I still can't turn my head left, but she helped me learn to walk smoother so you don't notice the limp, turn my head right, and mostly be able to use my arm (just can't raise it over my head). I have spurs in my neck, and the surgery for that scares me! But my therapist was awesome, and I'm forever grateful for her. I hope you get relief soon. Good idea to put out a lockbox out for just in case.

Marcy-your numbness problems are probably very likely related to your desk/chair. I'm having some problems since I moved to the new place. My old office had everything at the proper height and I had an awesome Herman Miller chair. They actually worked with me to make everything comfortable since I'm so broken. At the new place I have a desk that sits too low, and there isn't room for me to prop my feet up when I feel my low back swelling. The vendor bought me another Herman Miller chair, so that helps a little. We totally could have our own invalid support group, couldn't we? Sorry work has been busy, crazy, and irritating! Those days are definitely the worst. Yay for being able to leave a little early. I agree with you about the sliding doors. We replaced ours at the old house with a French door and it was beautiful. I hope you love yours! Oh no for another curb incident. I hope you have no damage. I parked beside a Q5 3.0T with the S package (seems like it had a red s-line logo on the side) at work yesterday so I could check it out. Very pretty, and just enough smaller than my MDX to make me happy. Now if only Matt can fit his legs in it...

I made it to work 2 whole days last week. Woo-hoo! My schedule for next week is terrible and I want to cry. Meetings every day 9-12 and 1-4, with Tuesday being 9-12, 12-1, 1-4, and 4-5. Seriously? After everything settled from my fall, my worst pain is my knee and low back, and I don't see me successfully sitting through all those meetings! 5 more work days and then we head to the beach. I am so ready. I plan to do nothing this weekend except a few loads of laundry. After vacation, I have absolutely got to start eating better, exercising more, and cutting back on my evening, um... fattening liquid sleep aid. I broke down and bought a few pairs of pants in a bigger size. Waaahhhh! I hope everyone has a relaxing and restful weekend!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-here's a pic of the French doors in our old house. We removed an ugly sliding glass door. We also pulled out the carpet and put in hardwoods, replaced the hunter green marble and super shiny brass ceiling fan, and replaced the hunter green marble tile around the fireplace with a neutral beige/brown. This was taken by the realtor after we had ready moved out. Our house now has such high ceilings, I think I'd feel claustrophobic in my old family room!

_22026.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday.

Deegee, that is nice the vendor bought you a good chair for work. Hopefully they’ll continue to work with you and get everything set up properly for you. I sure notice I get worse if I type a lot at work so that could definitely be a big contributor to my numbness. I fear work will be very frustrating for a while. I’ll just take a break and look at my diamond; that should cheer me up! I keep thinking of going down to talk to Marty’s former boss and see if there is anything open that I could do where I wouldn’t have ANY employees. Wouldn’t that be nice? I am glad you were checking out the SQ5. I don’t recall Marty having legroom or headroom problems in the Q5 so hopefully Matt will fit in one okay. I hope you are feeling better today. Good luck with all your meetings this week. Your trip to the beach is getting so close; I bet you are very excited. The French doors at your old house look very nice.

Dee Jay, did you and CB get more flooring put in this weekend?

I fixed Marty pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning then he took off for the airport. He is on a plane to Geneva right now then on to Serbia. Since I was up early I went to Kings Soopers and got some peaches, put gas in my car then went to the cemetery. I made myself homemade soup for lunch and have several bowls leftover for lunch this week. I washed all the sheets and blankets today and finished a book. I was productive. Right now I am watching football.

I made myself some popcorn for supper; that sounded like a good football snack / supper.

I think I’ll get my jewel jet out and steam clean my rings and earrings tonight. I see the prices of diamonds have come down a little bit. Yes, I was looking at diamonds for earrings again.

I did check out the wheel that I “curbed” this week and it’s only about 1 ½ inches. Noticeable though. Rats.

Take care.
Marcy aka Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, I love the french doors in your old place! I know what you mean about the ceiling height though--it makes all the difference in the world! Bill and I once lived in another open loft space that was about the same square footage but it was long and rectangular instead of square, about 30 feet wide and 85 feet long. The ceiling was barrel vaulted but only about 8' at the low points so it was kind of claustrophobic to me if I stood at one end and looked the whole way down toward the other. I swear it was kind of looking at the horizon and the ceiling was coming down to meet the floor, LOL.

Curby, I'm glad the wheel scuff wasn't too bad! We are about 90% done on the floors. There is still the area under the bed and also over by the back door that we didn't finish. There is a spot where water was coming in at the corner by the back door (it's actually coming in from the parking lot door and then into my door) so the CB did some work on that yesterday. We want to make sure the new threshold, concrete, caulking, etc., 100% fixed the problem before we put the flooring in over there. Progress!

I have an interview at an accounting firm week after next! I don't think the guy who called to set it up really got what's going on here--I just wanted to work one or two days a week in an hourly sort of role... FOR FUN. He kept asking me what my annual salary requirement was and I kept trying to explain my situation. Not sure we ever really got it worked out, but at least I'm going in to talk to them.

My sofas are coming on Wednesday morning. I am thrilled to be finally getting real furniture back but I'm terrified something else will be wrong... Whatever it might (short of them having upholstered them in pink and gree chintz) I'm just going to live with it. I also have to call and get the scotchguard people set up. God forbid I would spill something on them... !!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results