carat
color
clarity

Pear Help!

hotrock

Rough_Rock
drk14 said:
hotrock|1408927928|3738732 said:
The idea of picking out a setting together (even the diamond) is something that is important to her. I just know going to brick and mortar stores make it much more expensive and the internet option brings a good value.

I was thinking of finding the right diamond online with a generic setting (I don't think she will be sentimental about it) and then either build or get the right setting together using that diamond.

I don't know if you were aware, but when you buy a loose diamond from James Allen, they do provide a simple temporary diamond holder that is shaped like a ring. It is sufficiently secure that you could use it for the proposal, if you plan to go shopping for a setting together afterwards. However, the holder should probably not be worn like a ring for prolonged periods of time, so if you think she'll want to wear it on her finger the next day, then you may be better off with a "real" temporary setting.

This thread has some pictures to show what the diamond holder contraption looks like:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...r-pics-of-my-stone-going-to-leon-today.87414/

Thank you for the info!

That is good to know. I think I may just got with a "real" temporary setting since she would be able to wear it.

Calliecake said:
I have a pear and tried on quite a few before I found the shape I liked best on my hand. It's great that she gave you a picture. I found I love fat pears and did not care for the long skinny ones on my hand. It's personal preference with a pear.

I think based on the pic she does like fat pears to industry standard pears. I may just have to wait and go shopping with her to get a better understanding of what she would like.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely propose with the cheapest actual ring they have. You cannot wear the diamond holder at all, and I am certain a newly engaged woman would at least want to wear it until you drop it off at the jewelers. And she can get a sense of how she likes a solitaire

hotrock

Rough_Rock
Niel said:
Absolutely propose with the cheapest actual ring they have. You cannot wear the diamond holder at all, and I am certain a newly engaged woman would at least want to wear it until you drop it off at the jewelers. And she can get a sense of how she likes a solitaire

Agreed!

I think I am going to bite on getting that "I" that you recommended Niel. I showed it to her online and she said it was nice. She liked the one in the last pic but then again she mentioned that it was a sample and not a real diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results