carat
color
clarity

Arusha gem show

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Marlow,
It isn't explicitly stated, but this particular show is focused on trade sales. AND, it is almost all rough, with very little cut goods being shown. I've participated in the previous Arusha shows, and there were around 35 vendors, mostly Tanzanian, but some others showed up from surrounding countries such as Mozambique, Kenya and the DRC.

In addition, it isn't like they are going to take credit cards. You would need to be ready to process a wire transfer, or bring cash.

After reviewing the speakers list, they are the same presenters as last year. So it looks like they've changed the dates on their website, but not much else.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Roger,

thank you for your information!!! :appl:

So all together - save your money - no weekend trip to africa!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah right, like I have the money to make an international weekend flight down to Arusha. :devil: :bigsmile:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
:D

But maybe you get the gems cheaper?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To get into the show, you need to have registered and be in the trade. I attended 2 years ago, so I'm not sure how things will be this year, but prices at the show were very high when I was there. I bought items in Arusha away from the show for less, but even then the local people knew the show was going on, and were asking higher prices. It should be noted, that rough prices in Africa are up very much the past few years everywhere. This is just something that we need to get adjusted to.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in Arusha in 1988 on my honeymoon-en route to climbing Mt. Kilamanjaro. The place was a pit. I am sure it has changed (hopefully) for the better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results