carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1408764402|3737904 said:
Hi Missy, Yep, I'm on antibiotics. I'm still not feeling great but really want to go tomorrow. You helped more than you could know regarding the bracelet. I also like to take my jewelry off all the time and am worried the bracelet would get scratched up when I garden or do cleaning around the house. I not crazy about having a piece of jewelry I can't take off and probably not want to wear it if it looked roughed up. I'll probably keep saving for the old cut. I'm sure I'll be much happier with an old cut ring. Thank you!

I hope you great night sleep tonight and have a fun day tomorrow. Do you and Greg have anything planned for tomorrow or Sunday?

Good morning Callie, I hope you are feeling better today! I am getting my hair cut today finally! It's been 7 months LOL. I had been putting it off and then I had the accident. Another good reason not to put off for tomorrow what you can do today. And I have lots of split ends so I have a feeling Tuey (my hairdresser since the eighties on and off but mainly on for the last decade) is going to have some major cutting to do to get rid of those split ends. :knockout:

Greg is such a sweetheart. He knew I was unhappy that my hair had not been cut for so long and unbeknownst to me he contacted Tuey to arrange for him to come here and cut my hair. But when Tuey called back I was right there and I said no we will come to him. Mainly because it would be very expensive for him to come to us and I am cheap that way. No reason to throw away $500 for a home visit (my guess only as to what it would cost but I am sure that is not far off) when I can travel to the HSS and PT.

I asked Tuey to make sure I could elevate my leg during the haircut and he said no problem so it shouldn't be too much of a hardship. Just hoping the car ride there is not too bad i.e. traffic and such and that we can find parking not too far away. Hmmm in hindsight maybe I should have let him come here LOL. Hoping it is not too difficult an adventure and hoping I don't lose too much length.

Are you going shopping today? I am glad I was able to help you in any way and hope you are feeling all better and have a great shopping expedition! :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I'm glad you have something fun planned for today. I'm sure you'll love your new haircut and it will fun for you to catch up with Tuey. How sweet of Greg to make the arrangements for you. Just be careful with your leg today. I can't wait to hear how your day went. I know you'll have fun getting out.

I'm going shopping! I'm going to get ready now and go meet my niece and sister in law for breakfast. I will update you later to let you know if I made any fun purchases!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1408794885|3738014 said:
Hi Missy, I'm glad you have something fun planned for today. I'm sure you'll love your new haircut and it will fun for you to catch up with Tuey. How sweet of Greg to make the arrangements for you. Just be careful with your leg today. I can't wait to hear how your day went. I know you'll have fun getting out.

I'm going shopping! I'm going to get ready now and go meet my niece and sister in law for breakfast. I will update you later to let you know if I made any fun purchases!

Have a great day Callie. I am looking forward to hearing all about it and well if there are pictures of what you buy even better! :appl:

Update on Kato: He found a loving home! :appl: :appl: :appl: I am thrilled for him but I feel a bit sad in a way. I guess it is bittersweet because in an ideal world I wanted that home to be ours but it wasn't meant to be. I am very glad he is in his forever home which I know is a good one because it is a client of my sister's. But I still feel a little sad (so selfish of me I know!). ::)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Really great news about Kato/Barney being adopted. It makes it even nicer that your sister knows the people who have him. At least you know he's with a loving home and will be getting the care and attention he deserves. I know you felt a special connection to the little guy but it really would have been difficult for both you and Greg to take on a new pet right now. Your not being selfish. I'd be a little sad too.

How did your day go yesterday? Are you happy with your haircut? I hope you were able to stay outside for a while and get some fresh air. Did the car ride work out well? Hopefully you leg wasn't bothering you too much.

I went to Cartier and looked at the Love bracelet. Of course I like the ones with the diamonds (now there's a surprise). I'm glad I tried them on again because I know it would drive me crazy to sleep and shower with jewelry on. I wish they had one that could be taken on and off easily. Hopefully I can forget about it now. My niece kept saying she needed to leave the store because she was seeing too many things she liked. She said it was good motivation for continuing to do well in school because she's going to need a great career to afford the things she likes. We had a great time shopping all day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy. How are you doing today? I hope you are sleeping okay. Has you pain been getting better?

Yes, we do have incredible skies if you get away from the city; even in town it’s not as bad as large cities like Denver. We used to go up to a place at 9100 feet and the skies from there are incredible.

I like your lightning shots. Very cool!

I will have to find some liquid bandage. It’s only a matter of time before I need some again.

Your compression sock is very pretty. No reason you have to wear plain white, right?

I am delighted to hear Kato found a good home.

Did you get your haircut? It’s always nice to get your hair done. I am getting mine cut Tuesday after work. I hope it wasn’t too much of a hassle for you to get there and your leg and ankle survived okay.

I went to a funeral out of town on Friday, then we had a poker party here Friday night and then Marty and I were both in a wedding on Saturday. It was a very busy weekend.

Marty’s sister showed up (surprise!) for poker and spent the night. My sister and BIL were in town as well for the funeral so all of us went out for breakfast.

Marty left for Africa today so I got things done around the house that has been patiently waiting for me since Thursday.

I hope you had a great weekend.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great looking compression stockings! I've not seen those before :dance:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I hope your PT went well today. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1408887411|3738471 said:
Hi Missy, Really great news about Kato/Barney being adopted. It makes it even nicer that your sister knows the people who have him. At least you know he's with a loving home and will be getting the care and attention he deserves. I know you felt a special connection to the little guy but it really would have been difficult for both you and Greg to take on a new pet right now. Your not being selfish. I'd be a little sad too.

How did your day go yesterday? Are you happy with your haircut? I hope you were able to stay outside for a while and get some fresh air. Did the car ride work out well? Hopefully you leg wasn't bothering you too much.

I went to Cartier and looked at the Love bracelet. Of course I like the ones with the diamonds (now there's a surprise). I'm glad I tried them on again because I know it would drive me crazy to sleep and shower with jewelry on. I wish they had one that could be taken on and off easily. Hopefully I can forget about it now. My niece kept saying she needed to leave the store because she was seeing too many things she liked. She said it was good motivation for continuing to do well in school because she's going to need a great career to afford the things she likes. We had a great time shopping all day.

Callie, I am so glad you enjoyed a lovely day with your niece. Sounds like heaven to me. And good for her in realizing one must work hard to be able to afford the nice things in life. Good shopping with a shot of wisdom for good measure. :appl:

My haircut is fine. I just had the split ends chopped off. Not ready for any major change more than what I am dealing with right now if you kwim. I would love something different but I need low maintenance and right now this is as low maintenance as one can get. Wash and go. Or in my case wash and stay. :cheeky:

I am very glad Kato has found a loving home. I know it couldn't be mine so I am relieved he is finally with someone who loves him and will take care of him. Of course I wish things could have been different but I really have to stop doing that. Wishing for what is not because it only leads to feeling sad yanno? It drives Greg a little crazy (sometimes) when I say if only or I wish fill in the blank was different. It's not and I have to live in the here and now and what is and not what I wish it was. LOL even at my age I still have trouble grasping that fact. Sigh. Thanks for being happy for Kato. He is a sweetie and deserves a great home and family and hopefully he has that now.

Calliecake said:
Hi Missy, I hope your PT went well today. :wavey:

Thanks Callie. It went well. The therapist has a lot of clients he is juggling but he does a good job of it and I don't feel shortchanged. He is moving my ankle much better than I can and he says I have almost 4 degrees of movement from the neutral position with his manipulation. I think I need 10 degrees or a bit more for being able to walk so I am getting there. Just taking a while. Plus no weight bearing is allowed yet so patience is my new mantra. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1408923064|3738697 said:
Hi Missy. How are you doing today? I hope you are sleeping okay. Has you pain been getting better?

Yes, we do have incredible skies if you get away from the city; even in town it’s not as bad as large cities like Denver. We used to go up to a place at 9100 feet and the skies from there are incredible.

I like your lightning shots. Very cool!

I will have to find some liquid bandage. It’s only a matter of time before I need some again.

Your compression sock is very pretty. No reason you have to wear plain white, right?

I am delighted to hear Kato found a good home.

Did you get your haircut? It’s always nice to get your hair done. I am getting mine cut Tuesday after work. I hope it wasn’t too much of a hassle for you to get there and your leg and ankle survived okay.

I went to a funeral out of town on Friday, then we had a poker party here Friday night and then Marty and I were both in a wedding on Saturday. It was a very busy weekend.

Marty’s sister showed up (surprise!) for poker and spent the night. My sister and BIL were in town as well for the funeral so all of us went out for breakfast.

Marty left for Africa today so I got things done around the house that has been patiently waiting for me since Thursday.

I hope you had a great weekend.
Marcy

Hi Marcy, I am sorry you had a funeral to attend and I am sorry for your loss. Sounds like a crazy busy weekend to be sure. I love poker and a poker party sounds like fun! Did you win? I like winning. A lot. Losing not so much though I think the party aspect would take the sting out of that. Hope you had a great time. Sounds like you had a full house this weekend (LOL). :cheeky:
It was nice you got to spend some time with your (and your dh's) family.

It wasn't too bad getting to Tuey's though the traffic was brutal because my leg didn't bother me thankfully. It took double the time to get there but getting home was so fast. The city is not too car friendly but when one cannot take the subway there are not many other options.

Where in Africa did Marty go? I am sorry he is away on business again and I hope the time goes by quickly and that you enjoy some quality time with friends while he is away.

Good luck on your haircut tomorrow. Are you doing anything different or are you just getting a trim? Enjoy the rest of the day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1408940326|3738805 said:
Great looking compression stockings! I've not seen those before :dance:

Thanks azstonie. I have them in 4 different colors and have to say they are decent looking. I didn't wear them this weekend though because it really hurts my heel a lot. The therapist said to try wearing them a few hours a day for now so that's what I did today. After 3 hours it was too much pain in my heel so I took it off and put a regular sock on my leg. It's weird because I was able to tolerate them for 8-9 hours 2 days last week but then it became too painful. My ankle and heel are so swollen still and the foot too. And then there's my skinny calf because the calf muscle is atrophied and the contrast between the ankle/foot and calf is :knockout:

Hope you are doing well and enjoying those stairs. :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha, stairs not my friends this week, there are times I just don't feel like 'em!!!

Thought: Re heel pain and compressino stockings, could you try cutting a hole or strip in the heel section to take some of the binding/pressing away from your heel?

I am just wondering....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1408997705|3739129 said:
Hahahaha, stairs not my friends this week, there are times I just don't feel like 'em!!!

Thought: Re heel pain and compressino stockings, could you try cutting a hole or strip in the heel section to take some of the binding/pressing away from your heel?

I am just wondering....

I hear you on the stairs azstonie. It's just good to know you can when you want to! :appl:

Dee suggested the same thing to me but if I do I was thinking that might defeat their purpose but I don't know...perhaps that is a good idea. It just might not be too comfortable to wear that way if my heel sticks to the boot where the sock has the hole or strip.

I would just love to get that swelling down but I know I have a long time of swelling before it really goes down especially once I start weight bearing. My worry is that it won't fully go down but I will deal with that if and when it happens.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
're swelling, the tincture of time will get most of it. Wobenzym took away the last bit of mine. Laser and ultrasound will work too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy! How are you doing tonight?

That is awesome your ankle can move 4 degrees – baby steps but progress! I am glad PT went well today.

I didn’t end up playing poker the other night but Marty was down about $65. That was all the cash we had in the house except for our Coke bottle piggy bank – he should have rolled that to the poker table. I had so much to do when we got home Friday plus get my nails done for the wedding Saturday that by the time I was ready to go down and play poker it was 11 and everyone was several drinks ahead of me so I just got ready for bed. What a party animal I am, huh? I like to play poker but I have to keep a cheat card with me because I don’t know what is a winning hand. Apparently I have a bad poker face and I should refrain from asking “can I bet now?” when I have a good hand. :bigsmile:

I am sure getting around in a car there would be a major hassle but I am glad your leg didn’t bother you. I am going to stick with my easy low maintenance hair cut too. It’s a messy bob. I wash it, comb it, put a self-stick roller in my bangs and fluff the rest of my hair with my hands. Done! I am just going to have her trim it and maybe cut one more layer on the top.

ETA: I forgot to answer - Marty is in Ethiopia.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1409010977|3739251 said:
're swelling, the tincture of time will get most of it. Wobenzym took away the last bit of mine. Laser and ultrasound will work too.

Thanks azstonie. I sure hope so. My surgeon said he cannot promise me all the swelling will go away. Since I have 3 metal plates and countless screws (seems more than 20 from the pics but I never asked him) I imagine there is quite a bit of trauma going on in my leg. More than most broken leg injuries I think. So I am hoping that I will get back to normal re appearance and of course more importantly function. I have no desire to run any marathons in the future so at least that's not on my to do list lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1409017626|3739289 said:
Hi Missy! How are you doing tonight?

That is awesome your ankle can move 4 degrees – baby steps but progress! I am glad PT went well today.

I didn’t end up playing poker the other night but Marty was down about $65. That was all the cash we had in the house except for our Coke bottle piggy bank – he should have rolled that to the poker table. I had so much to do when we got home Friday plus get my nails done for the wedding Saturday that by the time I was ready to go down and play poker it was 11 and everyone was several drinks ahead of me so I just got ready for bed. What a party animal I am, huh? I like to play poker but I have to keep a cheat card with me because I don’t know what is a winning hand. Apparently I have a bad poker face and I should refrain from asking “can I bet now?” when I have a good hand. :bigsmile:

I am sure getting around in a car there would be a major hassle but I am glad your leg didn’t bother you. I am going to stick with my easy low maintenance hair cut too. It’s a messy bob. I wash it, comb it, put a self-stick roller in my bangs and fluff the rest of my hair with my hands. Done! I am just going to have her trim it and maybe cut one more layer on the top.

ETA: I forgot to answer - Marty is in Ethiopia.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Good morning Marcy. I am the same way. I don't have a good poker face at all. As you can probably tell by now I wear my heart on my sleeve and all my emotions on my face. In the words of George Washington (presumably) "I cannot tell a lie". That is good but sometimes not so good.

Have a good haircut today. I love messy bobs and if I cut my hair shorter after all this that will be the look I am going for. Enjoy! And hope Marty is having a productive trip in Ethiopia and will be home soon.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy!

I was thinking of you today. We took Maggie to the vet and a vet tech there, whom we had not seen for MONTHs, she came out to see Maggie! I said, hey, we've missed ya, have you been traveling?

She said "No, I tripped over a BLANKET and broke my leg!"

She hiked up her pant leg and her leg looked just like YOURS in terms of same leg, same portion of the leg, with plates and screws used. Sacre bleu!!!

She had her surgery 4 months ago. The leg looked really good today, you could see the suturing marks but not terrible and she was so functional on her leg. No limp all.

You're going to get through this. You are

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy.

I think you are fine just the way you are. It’s not a bad thing to wear your heart on you sleeve and your emotions on your face. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to tell a lie. I’d far rather have someone tell me the truth than sugar coat something or tell me what he or she thinks I want to hear. I often tell people if you don’t want the truth, don’t ask me a question.

I do like my new haircut. I like the additional layer. I have thick hair and it feels so much better with another layer in on top.

One of the guys that met Marty in Ethiopia got really sick and they had to call in a doctor today. He is feeling better and they think it was something he ate at the airport in London. How miserable to be really sick so far from home. Marty will be home late on Friday so I am almost ½ way there.

Is your mom doing better?

Have a great day tomorrow!

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1409093144|3739758 said:
Missy!

I was thinking of you today. We took Maggie to the vet and a vet tech there, whom we had not seen for MONTHs, she came out to see Maggie! I said, hey, we've missed ya, have you been traveling?

She said "No, I tripped over a BLANKET and broke my leg!"

She hiked up her pant leg and her leg looked just like YOURS in terms of same leg, same portion of the leg, with plates and screws used. Sacre bleu!!!

She had her surgery 4 months ago. The leg looked really good today, you could see the suturing marks but not terrible and she was so functional on her leg. No limp all.

You're going to get through this. You are

Oh no, I am so sorry for her and glad she is through the worst of it! Did she have 3 plates in her leg? I am curious because I have not yet met anyone IRL or online who has had 3 plates. The most is 2 and that was a young lady I met at the surgeon's office last time who fell during a hiking accident. So I have not yet met anyone with more than 2 plates in their leg and that is one record I don't want to beat! :-o

Thanks for letting me know because it does make me feel better knowing she is walking well and out and about again. I am 7 weeks out from the surgery so I know I have a ways to go but sometimes I am impatient but when I look back on how far I have come since the accident and then since the surgery it gives me strength. Some days are harder than others but I am hanging in there and taking solace in the fact that I am not alone and others have succeeded in this before me and I know I can do it.

Thank you for all your encouragement azstonie!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1409103361|3739857 said:
Hi Missy.

I think you are fine just the way you are. It’s not a bad thing to wear your heart on you sleeve and your emotions on your face. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to tell a lie. I’d far rather have someone tell me the truth than sugar coat something or tell me what he or she thinks I want to hear. I often tell people if you don’t want the truth, don’t ask me a question.

I do like my new haircut. I like the additional layer. I have thick hair and it feels so much better with another layer in on top.

One of the guys that met Marty in Ethiopia got really sick and they had to call in a doctor today. He is feeling better and they think it was something he ate at the airport in London. How miserable to be really sick so far from home. Marty will be home late on Friday so I am almost ½ way there.

Is your mom doing better?

Have a great day tomorrow!

Marcy

Your hair sounds lovely Marcy. I have such baby fine thin hair and I always longed for beautiful thick hair. Oh well I make do with the hair I have but your hair sounds beautiful.

I agree. I prefer to tell the truth no matter though I am not harsh about it. And I subscribe to the idea that if one has nothing nice to say then say nothing at all so there you go. A good compromise if you will.

My mom is doing alright. I am not sure if she is doing better but her next appointment with the doctor is next week and I know she is anxious to get another set of X-rays to make sure her knee is still in alignment. When I spoke with her yesterday afternoon she and my dad were playing cards and I was envious because I was alone all day and they would have been playing cards with me yesterday if she hadn't had her accident. Tuesday was the day they usually visited me before she broke her knee cap. Hoping next week brings her good or at least stable news. Thank you for asking.

I am pleased for you that Marty is arriving home Friday. Not a long separation at all. I am sure you are looking forward to his arrival and I am sorry about his colleague. I hope he gets better quickly.

I am off to PT in another hour and a half and looking forward to it. Enjoy the day Marcy. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I hope your PT sessions have been going well. How have you been?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409162321|3740236 said:
Hi Missy, I hope your PT sessions have been going well. How have you been?

Hi Callie, thanks for checking in. I had a good session today. Victor is very good and today he spent over 30 minutes just manipulating my ankle and foot and massaging it too. I am still very swollen but I know it takes time. I am feeling well with minimal pain these days thank goodness though right now for some reason I am experiencing some pain. I hope it's nothing.

Every time I get pain now I start worrying it was something I did. Very rarely (but it happened earlier today at home) my foot accidentally touches the ground for a second but I am always wearing my boot and it is just for a millisecond but still it concerns me. And one of the exercises Victor has me doing at home involves being on my stomach and doing leg lifts and that puts some pressure on my left leg but he said that kind of weight doesn't count.

So I just hope he is right! I am a nervous nellie LOL. Victor also joked with me that if I don't start sleeping without my boot soon he is keeping it with him haha. I promised him I would sleep without the boot tonight but I don't know. Fear and is a strong emotion and after all I have experienced these last 2 months I just don't want to repeat that and the pain I went through.

How are you doing? Did you buy any jewelry when you went shopping with your niece? Do you have plans this Labor Day weekend? How fast is the summer going. I cannot believe September is next week already.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Victor sounds great! I don't blame you about not wanting to take the boot off. I'd be worried too although I don't think the physical therapist or the doctor would allow you to do anything that would harm your leg. That's too funny that Victor threatened to take
your boot.

I didn't buy much while shopping. That was fine though. I spent a little too much the previous weekend so I was actually a little relieved I didn't find something I couldn't live without. The girls bought a few outfits for school.

We have a family party to go to this weekend and are going out to dinner with friends one night so that should be fun. Have you been able to see your parents and sister lately? Do you and Greg have any plans for the weekend.

I can't believe how this summer has flown by. My husband was traveling most of it. I think that's why I feel like I didn't really have much of a summer.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

I know you feel like your recovery is moving at a snails pace but you have made a lot of progress since your accident and surgery. Hang in there Missy, you are doing great!

I always wanted less hair but when they offer to thin it out for me I say no. I figure my luck I’d go bald all of a sudden. I could never even wear a ponytail. My hair is so thick my pigtails are larger than most people’s ponytails. It helps keep me warm though.

I often remind my employees of that – “if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all”. It is so true!

I am glad your mom is doing okay. I hope her X-rays reveal good things. I am sure you miss seeing them every week.

I am delighted to hear your PT went well and you aren’t in as much pain.

Good luck sleeping without your boot!

Take care. Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake said:
Hi Missy, Victor sounds great! I don't blame you about not wanting to take the boot off. I'd be worried too although I don't think the physical therapist or the doctor would allow you to do anything that would harm your leg. That's too funny that Victor threatened to take
your boot.

I didn't buy much while shopping. That was fine though. I spent a little too much the previous weekend so I was actually a little relieved I didn't find something I couldn't live without. The girls bought a few outfits for school.

We have a family party to go to this weekend and are going out to dinner with friends one night so that should be fun. Have you been able to see your parents and sister lately? Do you and Greg have any plans for the weekend.

I can't believe how this summer has flown by. My husband was traveling most of it. I think that's why I feel like I didn't really have much of a summer.

Hi Callie, your family party sounds like fun and so does meeting friends for dinner. It's been so long since we went out to eat but that's OK. Soon enough hopefully.

Our friends have a labor day party every year at the shore but I don't think I am up for going. I still cannot stand for more than a minute or so without a lot of discomfort from the blood rushing to my foot and pooling there and I don't want to go in a wheelchair. So I think we will skip this year.

Though I did give Greg the option of going by himself. I feel badly that his whole summer was ruined and there is no reason we both have to miss the party. Not sure what he will do because right now he is not entertaining the thought but maybe as we get closer to the day. I know our friend really wants us to come (he left a plea on my voice mail lol just like Joe) but I also know he would be thrilled if Greg came at least since they used to be pretty close friends but since our move we have seen them much less frequently. We used to live in the neighborhood at our former beach house but now live 50 minutes away or so by car but occasionally cycled there to say hey but as you know that's been a while now.

I totally get how you feel about the shopping. Sometimes I am relieved I don't find anything I want to buy LOL. Other times I am disappointed and sometimes it is a mixture of the 2. We can be complicated but I completely understand what you mean.

I have not seen my parents since my mom's accident and my sister is on a trip with her family so haven't seen them for a long time either. That's OK because I speak to them often and I am fortunate that my friends still visit me and call me all the time so even on the days no one visits me I don't feel lonely.

You must be so happy your dh is back home now. Does he travel a lot on business? Greg used to occasionally and it was hard for me as it was the beginning of our marriage and I always missed him like crazy. I remember one trip when he was going for a week and it was actually Labor Day weekend Sunday that his flight was scheduled. We went to Brooklyn Bridge park that morning to enjoy the few hours before he had to leave for the airport and I started crying and he said I'm not going to Afghanistan and well that put it all in perspective. But it was hard for me and I am happy he doesn't often travel for work any more.

So I slept without the boot last night. It was weird. I wore the ASO brace and I was conscious of my leg the whole night. I fell asleep on my back with my legs propped up on pillows (as I have for the last 2 months) and woke at 2 AM for 2 hours or so and then I decided to just go for it and moved to my side with a pillow between my legs and finally fell asleep for another hour or so. My ankle feels funny though and it might be because of the edema. When I took the ASO off this morning there is an indentation around my foot where it was and well the shape of my foot looks so strange because it took on the shape of the brace and it is over an hour since I removed the brace. But hopefully I didn't do any damage. My foot and ankle are still so swollen that it takes on the shape of the ASO and also the indentations from the design of the socks LOL.

I wonder if I would be better off not sleeping with the brace and just going without anything but I probably won't try that as I don't want to inadvertently twist my ankle during the night. I did get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom without putting my boot back on and was just ultra careful. It would be too disruptive to put the boot back on when I need the restroom in the middle of the night.

Have a great day Callie and I know I will probably speak with you before but enjoy your holiday weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1409189836|3740492 said:
Hi Missy,

I know you feel like your recovery is moving at a snails pace but you have made a lot of progress since your accident and surgery. Hang in there Missy, you are doing great!

I always wanted less hair but when they offer to thin it out for me I say no. I figure my luck I’d go bald all of a sudden. I could never even wear a ponytail. My hair is so thick my pigtails are larger than most people’s ponytails. It helps keep me warm though.

I often remind my employees of that – “if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all”. It is so true!

I am glad your mom is doing okay. I hope her X-rays reveal good things. I am sure you miss seeing them every week.

I am delighted to hear your PT went well and you aren’t in as much pain.

Good luck sleeping without your boot!

Take care. Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy

Hi Marcy, I hope you had a good night. I slept without the boot but had the ASO brace on and it was weird. But at least I finally did it and hopefully all is OK and I didn't do any harm. I just wish the edema would lessen because it is so strange and not pleasant how my foot takes on the shape of everything I put on it LOL.

I am with you on the hair. You are very fortunate to have thick beautiful hair and do NOT ever thin it. Keep it thick even if you cannot wear it in a ponytail or pigtails. Believe me people would be thrilled to have hair like yours me included! The only good thing I can say about my hair is it dries fast lol.

Thank you for the good wishes for my mom. I will pass them on to her. And as always thank you so much for the encouragement. I appreciate it and I have come a long way since the accident. You are so right Marcy and thank you.

Do you have plans for the Labor Day weekend? I cannot remember if you already told me. Hopefully whatever they are they include you spending time with Marty as I remember he is coming home tomorrow Woohoo!!! In a way it must be nice because every time he comes home from a trip you are probably so extra happy to see him vs just happy to see him after a day at work lol.

Enjoy the day Marcy!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
You're making great progress, I'm so glad to see it! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I'm SO Proud of you!!!! I bet it did feel weird not sleeping with the boot. You'll get used to it but it's going to take a few days. I'd also be freaked out not sleeping with something on if right now. Did you wake up a lot last night? I can't imagine you were able to sleep very soundly and I bet you didn't move an inch. I worry about everything too so I can imagine how you felt last night. The doctor would not have given you the go ahead if they thought it would cause problems. Your making great progress!!!!!

I'm sorry your not able to go the beach this weekend. The party your friends are having sounds like it would be a lot of fun. There will always be other party's. I doubt Greg would go even if you really pushed him to go. Trust me when i say he certainly won't feel like this is a huge sacrifice he's making for you. He knows everything you're going thru is temporary. You would feel exactly the same way if he was going thru something. Hopefully the weather will be nice and you two can get out of the house for a bit. Can you take out from one of your favorite restaurants? That could be something to look forward to this weekend. Did you go out for dinner often on the weekends before the accident?

My husband is home for a while now. He traveled all the time about 10 years ago. For about 5 years he was gone at least half the year. I worked a lot of hours back then so during the week it didn't bother me too much. He's home most of the time now so when projects come up Iike the one this summer I just tell myself it's only temporary. No matter what we always talk to each other a few times a day. I was a little worried when the credit card bill came. I tend to shop when I'm bored and with him gone almost the whole summer it certainly wasn't exciting around here.

I have been going a little crazy with dress shopping lately which is nuts cause it's not like I get dressed up all the time anymore. I used to when I worked but not so much now. I need to curtail the clothes shopping and put the money toward an old cut diamond. I feel a little guilty even wanting one. I've bought two rings in the past two years. I always tell him it will be my last ring. Thank goodness he never believes me. Did it take you a long time to find yours? Part of my problem is I know I'm only going to happy with a large one. I wish there was a cure for DDS.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1409246115|3740833 said:
You're making great progress, I'm so glad to see it! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you Andelain! I appreciate that. :wavey:

Calliecake said:
Hi Missy, I'm SO Proud of you!!!! I bet it did feel weird not sleeping with the boot. You'll get used to it but it's going to take a few days. I'd also be freaked out not sleeping with something on if right now. Did you wake up a lot last night? I can't imagine you were able to sleep very soundly and I bet you didn't move an inch. I worry about everything too so I can imagine how you felt last night. The doctor would not have given you the go ahead if they thought it would cause problems. Your making great progress!!!!!

I'm sorry your not able to go the beach this weekend. The party your friends are having sounds like it would be a lot of fun. There will always be other party's. I doubt Greg would go even if you really pushed him to go. Trust me when i say he certainly won't feel like this is a huge sacrifice he's making for you. He knows everything you're going thru is temporary. You would feel exactly the same way if he was going thru something. Hopefully the weather will be nice and you two can get out of the house for a bit. Can you take out from one of your favorite restaurants? That could be something to look forward to this weekend. Did you go out for dinner often on the weekends before the accident?

My husband is home for a while now. He traveled all the time about 10 years ago. For about 5 years he was gone at least half the year. I worked a lot of hours back then so during the week it didn't bother me too much. He's home most of the time now so when projects come up Iike the one this summer I just tell myself it's only temporary. No matter what we always talk to each other a few times a day. I was a little worried when the credit card bill came. I tend to shop when I'm bored and with him gone almost the whole summer it certainly wasn't exciting around here.

I have been going a little crazy with dress shopping lately which is nuts cause it's not like I get dressed up all the time anymore. I used to when I worked but not so much now. I need to curtail the clothes shopping and put the money toward an old cut diamond. I feel a little guilty even wanting one. I've bought two rings in the past two years. I always tell him it will be my last ring. Thank goodness he never believes me. Did it take you a long time to find yours? Part of my problem is I know I'm only going to happy with a large one. I wish there was a cure for DDS.

Callie, I shop when I am bored too! I have been dress shopping online for the last 8 weeks LOL and let me tell you I don't need anymore dresses yet I bought well over a dozen these past weeks haha. The only good thing is they are inexpensive summer dresses so I didn't spend a fortune but nevertheless it adds up and I have no place to put them or wear them. And remember I needed shorts and t's well I bought 10 pairs of shorts and more t's. I have a problem. I cannot just do something in moderation LOL. I must stop shopping online!!! (But it's so much fun as you know).

I did get some really cute dresses and found a new inexpensive designer-Kensie. Cutest dresses. Very easy breezy. Reminds me of Free People dresses.

I understand how you feel about ring shopping. I wasn't satisfied with my ER for a very long time despite numerous resets. But once I made my mind up that I wanted an old cut it happened very fast. The timing was just right because Adam at OWD showed me this OEC (I was there to look at a specific OMC LOL) and I fell in love with it. So from start to finish less than a (few?) month(s) I believe. One day I decided I wanted an old cut and it seems like the next week/month I had the exact ring I wanted. Sometimes things work out that way and sometimes they don't but I feel that the search can be part of the fun. Right now I am searching for old cut diamond drop earrings hopefully Edwardian but having no luck in my price range. Lots of almost rights but not exactly right. Part of the problem is the budget I set but I am pretty firm on that though of course Greg wants me to get the exact pair I am drooling over but I cannot bring myself to pay that much for earrings at this time with circumstances as they are.

My advice to you is hold out for the largest old cut you can find and love. Because DSS is very real and unrelenting. I can honestly say that since I found my OEC I haven't had DSS. Of course it has only been 18 months but still the longest I have ever gone and still been satisfied with my ER. LOL. I know your dh wants you to find the ring you love because he sounds a lot like Greg so do both of you a favor and don't settle. And keep looking because it is out there. If you start a thread PSers can help you search too. Have you called Adam at OWD because he has diamonds in inventory that are not on his website and if you tell him what you are looking for he can be a huge help. And his prices are fair IMO. I am so excited for you to find a gorgeous old cut diamond! :appl:

I like your suggestion of take out for dinner. We used to eat out a lot but stopped that a few years ago. We got tired of eating out 3 nights a week and truthfully I prefer what Greg cooks to restaurant food. Nowadays (or at least before the accident) I prefer our going out to be centered around activities vs eating. So I don't miss it too much but I do miss going out and being active. I know in due time so I am in decent spirits these days. As the surgeon told me last time I saw him I have made it through to the other side and most days now I feel that is true.

I'm glad your dh is back home and doesn't travel so much anymore and that you guys get to spend more time together. Not as much time to get bored or online shop lol. Though if you lived closer we could be partners in crime when our dh's were traveling and do a lot of real life damage haha. I mean there are a lot of good diamond vendors not far away from me and some really pretty jewelry eye candy right in my neighborhood. :cheeky:

Thanks so much for all your amazing support Callie and have a great holiday weekend! (((Hugs))).

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Missy, good going experimenting with/without hardware to sleep. It is so strange when you finally go without it and what do ya know, it feels WRONG too.

Not to worry, you will sleep securely and comfortably very very soon.

I think not going to the party is a good decision. People are drinking, not paying attention too much to others around them and the last thing you need is someone bashing into you. You will party with them next Labor Day :dance: Hopefully Greg will indeed go, he needs some outlet that is not home related and it will refresh him to do so.

You are doing great. its going to speed up from this point and you will see all kinds of progress and the regaining of your confidence in your body.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results