carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1409161674|3740225 said:
Baby Nurse: Your rope is FANTASTIC!!! It could not have turned out nicer! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you for the compliment, cmd!

Your new strand is gorgeous :appl: :appl: ! The pearls themselves are beautiful and they look amazing with your skin tone. I really admired that one when it was on the sale page.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
CMD, your new blue-green strand looks beautiful on you! I love the mix of the bluish coloring with the peacock overtone.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HHPmom|1409159308|3740199 said:
Baby nurse, it is out of this world with pops of colors. The luster is fabulous. Is there any pearl that doesn't look good on you? I don't think so. :love: More pictures please.

Thanks HHPmom :wavey:

I will post more pictures later in the thread I originally started for this rope.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1409163724|3740251 said:
Baby Nurse, your new rope is amazing! I love all the colors, and the ringed pearls add a nice textural element.

Is the rope done with a standard graduation with largest pearls in the center and smallest near the clasp? That's what it looks like to me from the pictures, but I know there had been suggestions of a more random size placement. (I'm still trying to figure out how to have my Ruckus Tahitians strung.)

Thank you Kay!!

Yes, the WSS were removed and it was done with the standard graduation. Pearl size is 8.3mm near the clasp and 12mm at the front.

Can you refresh my memory re your strand? Is it two strands? One rope? I remember it being gorgeous!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I'm really liking the blue green strand so far! I'm going to experiment a bit with my pictures as none of them really show how much these ones shine with the peacock overtones (they all show up so dark here!). They are a bit more green than blue IRL, but have INTENSE overtones on many of the pearls which glow teal and purple. So I've lightened the picture up a bit to see if that helps.

photo__5__colour_corrected.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is the most fun ever!!! I'm so glad PP had this sale so I can see all the goodies everyone bought. This is a dangerous habit...

cmd2014 - Your blue/green strand looks awesome on you! I really look forward to seeing more pictures!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
cmd, gorgeous colors! :clap: :clap: :clap:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Pkinnew! I'd say that it's my favourite, but all of my strands are so different that it's hard to have a favourite. They are all perfect in their own way.

I love this thread too. There been so many special pieces this past month. All of the ropes have been stunning, as have all of the shorter strands. Who knew there were such variety of Tahitian colours? I'm going to be sad to see this month's sale end.

Speaking of which, I finally got a better picture of my multicolour strand. Here it is:

Bsomio...any word on yours yet?

muti-colour_strand__cropped_colour_brightened_2.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kinds comments on my new 54" Tahitian rope. Another photo shoot today to try to capture the luster and the amazing overtones. I :love: the pink centers and the intense green halo around each pearl.

rope_8816.jpg

rope_8810.jpg

rope_8812.jpg

rope_8818.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
And, some neck shots. For most of today I wore the strand doubled along with my Kamoka "Wonder" Pendant in aubergine with intense green overtones.

rope_8828.jpg

ropeg_8828.jpg

ropep_8828.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1409168161|3740292 said:
Baby Nurse, your new rope is amazing! I love all the colors, and the ringed pearls add a nice textural element.

Is the rope done with a standard graduation with largest pearls in the center and smallest near the clasp? That's what it looks like to me from the pictures, but I know there had been suggestions of a more random size placement. (I'm still trying to figure out how to have my Ruckus Tahitians strung.)

Thank you Kay!!

Yes, the WSS were removed and it was done with the standard graduation. Pearl size is 8.3mm near the clasp and 12mm at the front.

Can you refresh my memory re your strand? Is it two strands? One rope? I remember it being gorgeous!

My Ruckus Tahitians are currently in a 35” graduated rope (can’t remember the pearl sizes). Since I really like double strands and don’t want the smallest pearls (and clasp) to end up at the front, I have discussed with Hisano lengthening it slightly and breaking it into 2 separate strands (18” + 19”). She recommended making one 18” strand with the smaller pearls and one 19” strand with the bigger pearls. I started a thread about finding a way to wear it as a rope too, if I want to (link below). I have come up with various ideas, but they are all complicated and may not work well.

It is most important to me that the pearls look great as a double strand, so I think I should just give up on trying to be able to convert it to a rope too. I love the way your longer double strand looks. I also like to be able to wear a double with a gap between the 2 strands for variety. My current thought is to add an extender chain to each strand so that they can be worn nested at various lengths or with a gap between them.

I am not sure how long the extender chain can be before the clasp parts become visible on the sides of the neck. I have to decide whether to stick with 18/19 as the shortest lengths, or go a little smaller, like 17/18 or 17.5/18.5.

Code:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tahitian-double-strand-rope-clasp-dilemma.205168/

The outer strand in this picture is the 35" rope.

tahitians__ruckus_2014_2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014 -- Your multi-color is so unique. I look forward to meeting mine.

Fly Girl -- terrific rope photos!

Kay -- I love baby nurse's newest clasp. The largest and smallest pearls are on the same side with the clasp and I think it really works well visually that way with the clasp acting like a decorative element to the rope. What if both of your strands had those clasps? Then you'd have the following options:

1) Wear one strand as a single.
2) Wear both strands as separate singles nested together with both clasps in back.
3) Connect the strands and wear them doubled, but not nested perfectly so lengths would vary and one or both clasps could show.
4) Wear as one long rope. You'd have two clasps and could play around with where they'd fall.

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-472-14k-gold-link-clasp.aspx

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl: Thank you for those additional pictures. The overtones are glorious. :appl:

Kay: I was thinking of you last night....I was watching The Good Wife Season 1, episode 2 (I think), and Dianne Lockheart was wearing a stunning silver round Tahitian strand with a diamond ball clasp in the center front and it looked a-maz-ing! That said, your ruckus strand would look beautiful made into a double strand the way you are leaning. I would imagine that you could get 2 - 3 inches of extender chain without it being visible from the front.

Here's another shot of my blue-greens. It's direct light through a blind, which is why I have stripes.

diffuse_light_shot.jpg

renwea

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, everyones pearls are just gorgeous! My pearls came yesterday. Ill post the PP picture and then some irl ones.

_49.gif

wp_20140827_029.jpg

wp_20140827_025.jpg

wp_20140827_026.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
OMG, they're HUGE and so so colorful! Are you in love? And such luster! Lusterlicious!

This is a case where I think they look even more beautiful in real life and on your neck than in the photos!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1409181397|3740436 said:
OMG, they're HUGE and so so colorful! Are you in love? And such luster! Lusterlicious!

This is a case where I think they look even more beautiful in real life and on your neck than in the photos!

I was going to comment on the luster too, just gorgeous!!!! Also I LOVE the pops of white in there. Really gorgeous strand!

renwea

Shiny_Rock
Yes I really love them. I may never take them off. :dance:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1409181397|3740436 said:

The glow on those pearls is incredible. I agree that they look even better on you than in the glamour shots.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1409173471|3740358 said:

Thank you Kay!!

My Ruckus Tahitians are currently in a 35” graduated rope (can’t remember the pearl sizes). Since I really like double strands and don’t want the smallest pearls (and clasp) to end up at the front, I have discussed with Hisano lengthening it slightly and breaking it into 2 separate strands (18” + 19”). She recommended making one 18” strand with the smaller pearls and one 19” strand with the bigger pearls. I started a thread about finding a way to wear it as a rope too, if I want to (link below). I have come up with various ideas, but they are all complicated and may not work well.

It is most important to me that the pearls look great as a double strand, so I think I should just give up on trying to be able to convert it to a rope too. I love the way your longer double strand looks. I also like to be able to wear a double with a gap between the 2 strands for variety. My current thought is to add an extender chain to each strand so that they can be worn nested at various lengths or with a gap between them.

I am not sure how long the extender chain can be before the clasp parts become visible on the sides of the neck. I have to decide whether to stick with 18/19 as the shortest lengths, or go a little smaller, like 17/18 or 17.5/18.5.

Code:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tahitian-double-strand-rope-clasp-dilemma.205168/

Kay - I recommend keeping it simple to begin with. Make an 18" and 19" necklace set with matching ball clasps so you can hook them together, and wear them for a few months. Your detailed mind spends too much time trying to make this absolutely perfect, but this is something that will look good in a multitude of ways, and perfection is not needed. :)) The wonderful thing about pearls is if you decide to change it up, it is easy to do and the additional cost is minimal. I find it is easier to see in person how something works, and then you can have it adjusted.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409177073|3740393 said:
Kay: I was thinking of you last night....I was watching The Good Wife Season 1, episode 2 (I think), and Dianne Lockheart was wearing a stunning silver round Tahitian strand with a diamond ball clasp in the center front and it looked a-maz-ing! That said, your ruckus strand would look beautiful made into a double strand the way you are leaning. I would imagine that you could get 2 - 3 inches of extender chain without it being visible from the front.

Diane's pearls are half the reason I watch that show! Her necklaces are such fabulous "I've made it" pieces. I thought about using diamond ball clasps, but depending on style the 2 clasps would end up costing almost as much as, or possibly more than, the strand itself. (I'd rather use a basic clasp and buy a second rope if i'm going to spend that much. ;)) )

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Renwea those are amazing! So much more gorgeous IRL on you than in the pictures (which really didn't do them justice). So unique!

Kay, I love Dianne's "I've made it" pearls too. I agree about the cost though. Probably only worth it on a fabulous ($$$) set of rounds that you'd want to wear front and back to get a different look.

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Fly Girl|1409172825|3740349 said:
Thank you for your kinds comments on my new 54" Tahitian rope. Another photo shoot today to try to capture the luster and the amazing overtones. I :love: the pink centers and the intense green halo around each pearl.

I'm 99% sure that this was the strand I was eyeing off... it is stunning. It was so hard to restrain myself from buying it.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409189325|3740488 said:
Kay, I love Dianne's "I've made it" pearls too. I agree about the cost though. Probably only worth it on a fabulous ($$$) set of rounds that you'd want to wear front and back to get a different look.

Yep, if I bought a strand that cost over $10k, I'd want a fabulous diamond clasp. For a strand that is under $2k, spending $500-1500 on a diamond clasp does not seem like a good investment.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1409175330|3740370 said:
Kay -- I love baby nurse's newest clasp. The largest and smallest pearls are on the same side with the clasp and I think it really works well visually that way with the clasp acting like a decorative element to the rope. What if both of your strands had those clasps? Then you'd have the following options:

1) Wear one strand as a single.
2) Wear both strands as separate singles nested together with both clasps in back.
3) Connect the strands and wear them doubled, but not nested perfectly so lengths would vary and one or both clasps could show.
4) Wear as one long rope. You'd have two clasps and could play around with where they'd fall.

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-472-14k-gold-link-clasp.aspx

I love Baby Nurse's new clasp too. I've considered that clasp since seeing her pictures. The visible clasp looks good on her strand, but it is longer and about 25" doubled. Mine will be about 18" doubled, and I'm not sure the effect will be the same with the strands tighter to the neck. The visible clasp and larger pearls to the side instead of center feels more casual (and will look great with the right clothes), and I feel like I need a more "formal" look since my doubled strand will be worn with suits.

In an ideal world, with an unlimited budget and plenty of loot pearls to go around, I would have a formal double strand for work and a separate 55-60" rope with link clasp.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409172456|3740345 said:
Speaking of which, I finally got a better picture of my multicolour strand. Here it is:

Ooh, that is a great picture. You must be having so much fun with your new strands.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1409183053|3740453 said:
Kay|1409173471|3740358 said:

Thank you Kay!!

Code:

Kay - I recommend keeping it simple to begin with. Make an 18" and 19" necklace set with matching ball clasps so you can hook them together, and wear them for a few months. Your detailed mind spends too much time trying to make this absolutely perfect, but this is something that will look good in a multitude of ways, and perfection is not needed. :)) The wonderful thing about pearls is if you decide to change it up, it is easy to do and the additional cost is minimal. I find it is easier to see in person how something works, and then you can have it adjusted.

Fly Girl, your new picture are great. The doubled rope works so well with your pendant. I love those pinks and greens! :love:

Lol, you sound like my husband. I am always trying to solve for 20 variables at once to find the "perfect" solution. Just going with the simple ball clasps for now would let me get the pearls home and see how I like wearing them IRL before making changes. It bothers me a little to spend $120 for two ball clasps that I will likely replace later, but maybe it is small price to pay for sanity. :wall:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
If you use and eventually change the ball clasps, save them and use them for another piece. You'll save that expense in the future.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Renwea your strand is so lovely. That middle pearl is just so interesting then the pearls on either side give perfect balance. This is truly a beauty. Enjoy :appl: :appl: :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1409147866|3740079 said:
I received my 50" multicolor rope yesterday and I'm thrilled with it (THANK YOU CHENAI)!! The pearls measure 8.3-12mm in silver, green, cherry, teal. Here are a few pictures I took last night.
Your very special ruckus strand is magnificent pure and simple. Enjoy this beauty and bring it with you next year :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
renwea -- I agree that your pearls are fascinating to look at. Such unusual shapes and colors and "bi-colored" pearls in your strand. And they look like they've been coated with high gloss. Look at the luster in real life compared to the glamour shot! It's like looking at 2D versus 3D, or black and white versus color. Festive and wonderful pearls!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results