shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you fly, or have you flown, first class?

How often do you fly first class?

• Never

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Rarely

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Usually

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Always

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I was able to book our family of four in first classes twice going to Hawaii. it was heaven. Comfortable seats, good food, made the time go by so fast. I did it using miles from several years of Hawaiian vacations and signing up everyone in our family with a United credit card. Those days are over. Now it's back in the Sardinia can.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I live in Hawaii so when I actually get off this rock 1-2 times per year, I fly coach. We are a family of 6 so it's just too expensive! When I was single I flew first class quite a few times. My favorite first class is on Hawaiian Airlines. I was not impressed with Northwest when it was still operational. I would most likely fly first class if it were just me flying. I can't stand flying so first class helps me relax a little.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah.. Usually fly economy (if personal travel) or business class (if for work), unless you count United BusinessFirst :). I am only 5" so extra legroom is wasted on me, plus I live in Asia and mostly take non-US airlines so even economy is usually very good and business is superb. I will take Emirates or Korean Airlines business class over United First Class any day... For Cathay Pacific and Dragonair (my local airlines), you get free Häagen-Dazs after your meal in cattle class. :)

The difference in quality & comfort between economy and business is enough to justify the price increase, but not for business and first class.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I have flown twice in first (upgraded for business), a dozen or so times in business and now we mostly fly premium economy if it's available. To get anywhere from Australia (that's not domestic) is a decent trek so I think it's worth it. Having said that, my bling budget gets increased if I fly economy so it's often a compromise I am willing to make.

We are flying to Hong Kong in two weeks - Economy. I will get diamonds out of it. Or maybe some honking south seas. My husband prefers to spend money on things that last.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The HK jewelry show, right? :) have a great time!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I have flown first class once. I was buying a last minute ticket after finding out the day DH (then boyfriend) was returning for deployment. It was the only seat available and I was desperate to get down there and see him get off of the plane! Aside from that, I have always flown economy. I wouldn't even think about buying first class right now, first class from S Korea to the US is ridiculously expensive.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never paid for first class tickets; they have always been upgrades due to circumstances.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results