shape
carat
color
clarity

My first precision cut gemstones

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both from Jeff White, and here are Jeff's pics of the White Topaz and Rubellite Tourmaline for my interchangeable pendant project:

tpz011.jpg tml110.jpg

The White Topaz is 5.70ct and 10.14mm in diameter, and Rubellite is 3.31ct and 9mm in diameter.

Still have one more instalment to pay for the Rubellite before Jeff ships them both to me at the end of next month, can't wait to see them in person! :D

Next year's project is a 17mm approx. round Danburite to be cut by Jeff.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy stones! Looking forward to see the result of your pendant project :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1408880576|3738436 said:
Yummy stones! Looking forward to see the result of your pendant project :appl:

Thanks for the kind words. :bigsmile:

Please don't hold your breath, as I shall channel my savings originally intended for this project towards a non-jewellery major purchase next year instead.

I am likely to hold out getting the pearl drops for this project until I go to LA and visit PP in person in July 2016.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Nice stones!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah!!! More pictures are good too.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall post more pics when I have them in hand.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. They are lovely stones! Looking forward to seeing them set...no rush just looking forward to seeing the final project. I'm a results girl what can I say :cheeky:
(which makes this period particularly tough for me but happy for PS and the pretty diversions!)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
That is a stunning rubellite! The topaz is nothing to scoff at either. More pics!

S

SparkliesLuver

The white topaz is quite pretty, and the rubellite is smashing. I love red and that one just glows. :love:

Can't wait to see your pictures once you receive them. Exciting!

Do you already have your pendant designed?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update, the stones are on their way across the pond at last!

They were lost in USPS at one stage, and found their way back to Jeff, very lucky for us both.

Can't wait for them to turn up.

DK :bigsmile:

CirrusClouds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Very nice stones!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
dk168|1415144001|3777559 said:
Quick update, the stones are on their way across the pond at last!

They were lost in USPS at one stage, and found their way back to Jeff, very lucky for us both.

Can't wait for them to turn up.

What a scare! Can't wait to hear your impression!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
DK!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Those heart-stopping moments will make the gems' arrival so much sweeter for you.

I'll bet you can't! They're gorgeous and we look forward to a real picture show :bigsmile:

Do you have a pic of this interchangeable pendant?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aiii. Luckily the stones are now heading in the right direction!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes!! I have little faith in USPS after they once sent a spinel of mine to Honduras by mistake......but so happy for you that the package was found and is now back on course to its correct destination!! Please post handshots once you get these two beauties :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Honduras? Holy cow. DK -- Jeff W. does perfection again! I'm really looking forward to pics when you get them. They're gorgeous! Great sizes for a pendant too -- and yes, I join the chorus for seeing what you have planned in that department. My heart stopped when I read USPS lost them!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY glad the stones finally made their way back to you. Looking forward to pics and a review.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be very honest, at one stage, I was hoping the stones were lost so that I could receive full refund, enabling me to get my new tent 2 months earlier. Don't tell Jeff please! :oops: :bigsmile:

However, I am glad they were found, as it would be a shame to miss out on the opportunity to have such a nice and big Rubellite Tourmaline.

With my latest ring project, I have push back the tent for another month or two, as I needed a pick-me-up, and I cannot carry a tent around with me all the time, so bling it has to be! :bigsmile:

S

SparkliesLuver

My lips are sealed. :wavey: And yes, that rubellite is awesome! Can't wait for your pictures. Although the tent does sound fun (not sure if you're going camping or what's happening :oops: ) but I think you'll be happy you "settled" on bling. ;-)

I second Starzin's question: Do you have a pic of this interchangeable pendant?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two stones are intended for an interchangeable bale with interchangeable drops project that is currently on hold, and here is a pic of the piece I have in mind:

interchangeablepearlpendantdrawing.jpg

I put the project on hold as I realised the pearl drops need to be much bigger than I first anticipated, at least 20mm or larger, and they will cost a lot more and more difficult to find.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Cool! One of those math problems that make me groan -- how many combinations of earrings does that result in? Very cool idea! You could mix & match all over the place like Princess Diana did. Beautiful!

--- Laurie

S

SparkliesLuver

Laurie, your response made me laugh because I had a similar thought. :lol:

DK, that looks so pretty and neat! Great idea and it's a classic design. 20mm pearl drops are huge, but I'm sure you'll find them. :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool stones I love the rubellite!!! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hoping to purchase a white South Sea Pearl, a Tahitian Pearl, and a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl as interchangeable pearl drops, so 3 pearl drops.

For CS drops, I would like an Amethyst, a blue Zircon/Topaz or Aquamarine, another white stone (Topaz or Danburite), and a watermelon Tourmaline; so that makes 4 CS drops.

That would make 2 x (3 + 4) = 14 different ways to wear the pendant, and I can spread the cost by buying the drops whenever I can afford to do so.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
What a totally brilliant idea!!! :appl:

Love it :love: especially the fact that you can spread the cost and have a "wardrobe" of pendants at the same time!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the whole thing may be shelved if I change my mind and decide to have the Rubellite as a ring, and the Topaz for a another pendant/pearl clasp/brooch!

The fun of CS is infectious!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a Jeff Davies blue Topaz I am lusting after as one of the drops, over 54ct, and 26mm at its longest:

jeffdavieslargetopaz54ct.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1415227115|3778211 said:
And the whole thing may be shelved if I change my mind and decide to have the Rubellite as a ring, and the Topaz for a another pendant/pearl clasp/brooch!

The fun of CS is infectious!!!

No! No! No! :errrr: Now you've got us all enthralled with this multiple drop pendant you just have to complete it... puleeeez?

Stunning topaz - but just looking at the diagram again, does the top gem interchange or do you have to have a bail made for each sparkly top?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin,

Only just noticed your last post when I looked up this thread to post an update about the stones.

The bale will have interchangeable screw-on gemstones. :))

However, I may scrap the project completely, as I have reservations about not being able to find pearls large enough and in shapes that I like.

I already have ideas for the two stones if I were to scrap the interchangeable pendant project - the Rubellite will be set as a ring, and the White Topaz the centre of a flower brooch with pink marquise or pear stones.

I shall keep my options open until after I have attended another gem show in HK in Nov 2015 and my visit to LA to meet up with some of the folks from the Pearls forum in 2016.

A quick update about the stones. The package has cleared custom, I just need to cough up the money for handling and import duty before PO will release the package for delivery. It did not help that I spent the money on the Spinels for another ring, DOH!!! :roll: :oops: :lol:

Roll on pay day next Tuesday!

I received the 6mm and 8mm blue Topaz from Jeff Davies today, and the 8mm is bigger than I had envisaged. Can't wait to receive the two stones from Jeff White as they are even bigger!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK, you can't say you received your topazes and not post pics!!!!! That's just cruel to keep us in suspense.. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results