shape
carat
color
clarity

San Fransisco Earthquake

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
My son is in san fransisco and I freaked out when I heard about the quake. Thankfully I called him and he is ok.
Hope all of you PS'ers out there are ok. I know Gypsy is out there. Stay safe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of all those who are affected and hoping everyone is safe.

I'm glad your son is safe and well babs.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Babs, I'm glad your son is safe. I can imagine your panic this morning. I just turned the news and haven't heard many details yet. Just praying everyone's safe.

Gypsy, I hope all is well with you and John.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
My sister-in-law is in Pleasanton and said she had some shaking going on, but she's ok. She heard Napa Valley got hit pretty hard, though.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone is safe. Has anyone heard from Minous? I think she is very near to there.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woke me up around 3 in the morning. I couldn't fall back asleep for another two hours. Caught up on project runway. It was a decent shake.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Woke us up, but no damage here. We are south of SF. Friends in Napa had their apartment trashed. Very bad.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woke us up but we are in the East Bay. No damage except water sloshing around in the pool.

It was centerd in American Canyon (near Napa) about 20 miles from here.

Being CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) trained, we have taken precations (e.g. china cabinet, grandfather clock attached to the studs with earthquake straps, latches on the doors to the liquor cabinet over the wetbar, etc.). We also keep strudy shoes, flashlight, and leather gloves by the bed. There is an emergency plan with resources listed for our immediate neighbors e.g. who has a bulldozer to move downed trees, who has medical training, who has camping equipment, etc. to be used in the event of a disaster. Also all the houses on our block are mapped out with water/gas shutoff values shown for each house.

http://www.fema.gov/community-emergency-response-teams

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't Movie Zombie live in that area?

Hope you're OK, MZ!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was getting ready to sleep when I felt the earthquake here in Sacto.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope all our PSers in that area are okay!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are ok here. No damage at all just shaking.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am so relieved to hear that all of my Pricescope friends in the area are okay.

Wink

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1408906116|3738591 said:
Doesn't Movie Zombie live in that area?

Hope you're OK, MZ!
MZ is a good distance away from Napa.. hopefully she's fine too. :wavey:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
cflutist|1408905560|3738588 said:
Woke us up but we are in the East Bay. No damage except water sloshing around in the pool.

It was centerd in American Canyon (near Napa) about 20 miles from here.

Being CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) trained, we have taken precations (e.g. china cabinet, grandfather clock attached to the studs with earthquake straps, latches on the doors to the liquor cabinet over the wetbar, etc.). We also keep strudy shoes, flashlight, and leather gloves by the bed. There is an emergency plan with resources listed for our immediate neighbors e.g. who has a bulldozer to move downed trees, who has medical training, who has camping equipment, etc. to be used in the event of a disaster. Also all the houses on our block are mapped out with water/gas shutoff values shown for each house.

http://www.fema.gov/community-emergency-response-teams
Really impressed that you have such an inclusive emergency plan.
So happy that everyone is alive and safe.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad everyone is safe - NPR was reporting that it's quite a mess in some areas. Sorry to hear that.
50 aftershocks already!
Be well, all PSer's on the West Coast! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad for all the good reports so far!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woke me up out of a deep sleep, and ever since the Loma Prieta quake (totally frightening), I count as I wait them out. Its not just the magnitude that makes it bad; its the length of time as well. After counting to ten, I realized this one, if the epicenter was not close, would be big and long wherever it was centered. To be woken up out of deep sleep by a major earthquake would be disorienting and really, really scary. I am so sorry for those in the wine country, particularly Napa. :(sad

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I visited San Fransisco last year, and totally fell in love with the city. I always thought about how great it would be to live there. I still do, but it just made me really sad, because nothing is in our control. I am in Long Island, and my daughter was in college and living in Manhatten when 911 happened. So scary. You really have to enjoy every day of your life.
Glad that everyone was asleep when it hit. Even with disasters, there are silver linings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results