shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my 3 favorite stones

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I was on a self-induced break from PS, due to Lent. It cured me of my desire to buy more stones.

In the meantime, I have been taking photos of my beauties. I appreciate all the help I've received from everyone here, so I wanted to share a pic of my favorite stones. I always did and will continue to love pictures of stones.

The regulars here will recognize the sapphire and red spinel. The dark pink spinel is from Dana. This pic was taken with my iPhone, on a bright, overcast day, which is the most flattering condition for these stones. Yes, they can look like this in real life, but they don't look like this all the time.

spinelssapp_crop.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Magnif, Preg! I like your photo a lot too. I'm drooling over the sapphire.

--- Laurie

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Your stones are beautiful. You are a good shopper, but we all need a rest now and then. Good to see you back.

Annette

katharath

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set of gems. They are all so nicely colored and saturated, each one special in its' own way. Lovely!!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great thread idea. My husband was just saying to me today, "I thought you were completely satisfied with the gemstones you already had!" I am going to look at my unset ones more often to remind me of this.

All three are gorgeous and I love the dreamy sapphire in particular. It must feel so good to not feel compelled to buy more! Great job! :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ilovegemstones, katharath, smitcompton, JF, and dk. I am a little surprised that the sapphire seems to be people's favorite. I can't figure out how to set it. Any ideas?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stones are lovely, Preg. :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Minous. I'll try to post more pics...

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would set either the oval or the pear with a pair of pear shaped diamonds.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that picture, and taking the pics is one of the best parts of getting a stone or re-loving a stone! All three of yours are very, very favorite worthy - each is just gorgeous!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1401481527|3683400 said:
Thanks, Minous. I'll try to post more pics...

Hee hee, you read my mind. Maybe some outside shots? :Up_to_something:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All 3 are lovely. Please refresh our memories as to the mm size of the sapphire. It would also help if you know you want it set as a pendant or ring or some other.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous color! I love them all, but the pink spinel might actually be my favorite.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
All of them are gorgeous! Like VelouriaL, my favorite is the pink spinel. So stunning!

The pear would look smashing in a halo'd pendant. Or a ring with baguette or pear diamond sidestones.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Chrono. The pear is 6 x 8.9 mm: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-sapphire.194201/?hilit=sapphire']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-sapphire.194201/?hilit=sapphire[/URL]
I am thinking about something like this:

Thanks, Swissmiss and velouriaL The pink spinel is 8.4 mm across. I definitely like size, and I was surprised by how much I like this stone. I've never been a dark pink girl, but I like this pink.

My fav is still the red. I love it. It has so much soul.

Minous, I'll try to post more this weekend. The shot above was taken outside, and I have more somewhere from the same photo shoot.

The next few years are going to be about setting these babies.

_18841.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your finger long enough to accommodate not only 9 mm in height, but the additional 2 stacked up diamonds above (or below, depending on which way you look at it) it? To keep with the same proportion, I'm guessing the diamonds need to be around 1.5 mm and 3 mm respectively?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, you've got to have long fingers to pull that off or not mind a really big ring. I'd estimate that the pear in that ring is maybe 5mm long.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
All of them are beautiful - but I love your red spinel!

Kroshka

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Red spinel is my favourite too but they are all so :lickout:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Chrono and Freke, good point. Darn, I thought I had found a good pear setting! One day I will set it...

Thank you Loverskits and Kroshka.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice!!! I am partial to the spinels (I debated that pink one many times, but needed it like a hole in the head). Can't wait to see them set! :D :appl: :appl:

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Love the red and blue!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
After 5 years of owning the red spinel, I finally took one showing its fluorescence. It's in the middle of the Sri Lankan pink spinel and blue sapphire. Surprisingly, the Sri Lankan pink has some fluor!

The pics were take with the short wave light aimed first at the pink, then the red, then the blue stone.

spinelfluor_left.jpg

spinelfluor_middle.jpg

spinelfluor_right.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB, I took a chance on the pink. I think it was still around because it not listed under "spinels". I lucked out on that one.

Agnesg, I love how the red and blue look together.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
pregcurious, those are beautiful. I can see why these are your favorites!

I love that you've posted blacklight pics too. Those lights give fluorescing stones a whole new side, and are great for parties too! lol! :lol: Glad you posted a link for them because they are hard to find reasonably priced.

Just as a side note, blacklights are also great for finding hidden pet accidents. :tongue:

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Those are all lovely! :love: :appl: I've often "visited" the pink one online since it's still visible even though it's sold. :lol:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sparklesmyfavoritecolor and Virginia. I had a lot of fun with the UV light. It's funny to think that fluor in gems can be prized, but fluor due to pets is not.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you (the break)! And what lovely gems, I could stare at them for hours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results