shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1408744344|3737777 said:
I just received the glamour shot of my 54" Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise. I'm pleased to see that while most of the pearls are pink and green, there are a few blue pearls to give a bit of pop, and a couple that show the entire rainbow. :cheeky:

The strand is being shipped today, so I should have it by the middle of next week. :appl:

SO beautiful.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your 54" rope is incredibly beautiful, Fly Girl! I'm really looking forward to your pictures.

Unable to resist this month's special, I bought another strand of Tahitians. These are 8.9 to 12.6mm, AAA, green body with strong cherry peacock overtones, high luster. It's the strand on the left and I can't wait to see it!

two_pp_tahitian_strands.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1408755477|3737843 said:
Your 54" rope is incredibly beautiful, Fly Girl! I'm really looking forward to your pictures.

Unable to resist this month's special, I bought another strand of Tahitians. These are 8.9 to 12.6mm, AAA, green body with strong cherry peacock overtones, high luster. It's the strand on the left and I can't wait to see it!

Woohoo! That strand on the right is gorgeous too!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
This is pearl rope heaven, they are so beautiful.

hhpmom - your rope with the fabulous findings, and enhancer is so classy.

Kay - Your inspiration pictures have inspired me.

Fly Girl - Your rope looks so well chosen, congrats!

cmd2014 - Your rope is waiting, like no. 880.

baby nurse - Your strand is beautiful, congrats!

Would someone interject what the visual difference would be between dark green body t's, and green body?

The provoked baroques are so chunky I love them. I would suggest to PP to mix in the strands white/silvery tahitians, or south seas baroque silvery and whites to get the Kay/Keira beauties!!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1408667990|3737206 said:
Yes, 4ranchgirl. I have a photo of you with your hands in the connisours sales box of goodies.

Any sneak peek descriptions of what might be coming? Will it really be freshwaters?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1408757210|3737854 said:

Yes!! The strand on the right is gorgeous as well! I could find a 100 reasons to buy both, but I'm thrilled to be getting the one on the left :saint:

dmz

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody for the input and advice. I'm back with glamour shots, and it should ship next week.

I'm thrilled with the results, and can't wait to give it to my wife. The big question now is whether I should tell her the whole back-story!

full resolution: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/MRhvyWlFFoyDwLEABDAdVJ9-RopTHtMfgkLwfssDzE4?feat=directlink

full resolution: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SMKULBmdbeRZnwta8pdc8J9-RopTHtMfgkLwfssDzE4?feat=directlink

full resolution: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/IC6rWMZMAIccd0w-uCdX9J9-RopTHtMfgkLwfssDzE4?feat=directlink

_21581.jpg

_21582.jpg

_21583.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
DMZ you ended up with a killer strand, your wife is very lucky! My eyes keep jumping to those blue beauties...LOVELY!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, DMZ, you are officially killing me with those pictures.

I'm not sure you believed us when we promised PP would make this more than right. I bet you're a believer now!

I suggest you show your DW this thread after she opens her gift. She'll appreciate how truly special and made-to-order this piece is.

Wonderful -- I am so happy for you both!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DMZ: WOW!!! How can I get them to mix up one of my strands?!?!? :lol:

I think the backstory makes it special!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Exactly, cmd. I want a guilt strand. I want a guilt strand NOW (said in Veruka Salt's whiny spoiled-brat tone of voice from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1408760725|3737878 said:

Yes!! The strand on the right is gorgeous as well! I could find a 100 reasons to buy both, but I'm thrilled to be getting the one on the left :saint:

You don't happen to have a number on that one on the right? (If it's not marked for you of course).

I have to admit that if we're heading towards freshwaters in September and not harvest strands, I'd be heavily leaning towards one of the ropes. I'm not sure though whether the blue green would look like 4RG's blues? Would one of the peacock/cherry overtone ones be nicer? The ones I love on here that others have are the ones that shine teal blue...but I'm not good yet at picking them.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I believe there will be a smattering of offers including Tahitian "harvest" strands. I saw a few of the items at PP and they were unique and beautiful. I think there will be something for everyone and we will all be tempted by something over the month. Just sayin'.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1408763198|3737897 said:
Exactly, cmd. I want a guilt strand. I want a guilt strand NOW (said in Veruka Salt's whiny spoiled-brat tone of voice from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

Me too!!! Although since you and I snagged the multicolours, I suppose neither of us can complain too much! (But that seriously puts my dark strand to shame!)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Dmz: omg it's gorgeous!!! I think your wife will be so touched when you reads this thread. It's the story behind the strand that will make this extra special for her. Erm, to join the queue, I want a guilt strand too!

Cmd: there aren't many choices for long ropes but this would be my choice for the available selection:
http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-4176-50-inch-aaaaa-84-129-mm-drop-tahitian-pearl-rope.aspx

I'll probably ask if they have other choices though. I had a long blue green rope that went into my cart earlier. Wonder if any PS-er got it?

Anyone wants a lighter strand? This just came up: 18-inch AA+/AAA 8.4-11.1 mm Drop Tahitian Pearl Necklace /Item # TAN200-1113-WP
http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-3611-1845inch-aa4347aaa-84644511461-mm-drop-tahitian-pearl-necklace.aspx

image_2232.jpg

This unique necklace features Tahitian pearls with drop shapes with light circles. The pearls are well-matched at 8.4-11.1 mm and have a light bodycolor with unique gold, green and pink overtones. This color is often called "pistachio." The pearls are AA+/AAA quality with smooth surfaces, very high luster and orient.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
DMZ that is seriously one beautiful strand. Your wife is a lucky woman. I would share this thread after see gets her present. PP always tries to do the right thing. They care about their customers and go the extra mile for them. We'll be happy to choose your wives next strand :mrgreen:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1408763854|3737901 said:
baby nurse|1408760725|3737878 said:

You don't happen to have a number on that one on the right? (If it's not marked for you of course).

I have to admit that if we're heading towards freshwaters in September and not harvest strands, I'd be heavily leaning towards one of the ropes. I'm not sure though whether the blue green would look like 4RG's blues? Would one of the peacock/cherry overtone ones be nicer? The ones I love on here that others have are the ones that shine teal blue...but I'm not good yet at picking them.

I don't know the number for the strand on the right but if you call Chenai, she'll be able to tell you about it. She's the one who sent me the picture.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
CMD -- You can't compare your dark to DMZ's. They're apples and oranges. His is multicolor and off-round. Yours are delicious dark drops. Different animals entirely.

Icy -- great choices! That light one is very nice.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo: thanks. First pistachios I've seen so far in this sale. Just in case anyone has been looking...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1408766276|3737922 said:
CMD -- You can't compare your dark to DMZ's. They're apples and oranges. His is multicolor and off-round. Yours are delicious dark drops. Different animals.

That's so true....I went and put them on after I posted (in my PJ's :lol: ). Then I re-read the entire thread, looked at the ropes some more, and looked at Mapo's harvest strand pictures one more time. So many beautiful options, so little room on my CC!

I didn't mean to suggest that I don't like mine (I have been wearing them every day when I have not been in the silver multi strand)....I really only meant that DMZ's strand is TDF. I LOVE multicoloured strands, to the point where I am likely to go that route again and again, at every opportunity.

The reaction here has been that everyone thinks the darks are beautiful, but the unanimous vote is that the silver strand is a show stopper. I know at least one person who passed on the website info to her DH for future reference!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- that is one of my all time favorite threads ever! Thanks for bringing it back. I think I'll bump it up because it is so apropos to the current sale and our discussions of Tahitians, Tahitians in natural light, Tahitians in light boxes, Tahitians in workplace lighting... and please put darling baby (DB) down and get some current neck shots in there!

So nice to have you back!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My name is CMD, and I'm a pearaholic. Despite being "cut off" I could not resist the lure of the Tahitians. :nono:

I decided that I could not, would not go for the blue-green 50 inch strand in light of how much I have already spent. I was holding firm. The connoisseur sale is coming. I wanted to reserve some funds....and then I saw Tan200-858.

"18-inch AA+ 8.5-12.5 mm Drop Tahitian Pearl Necklace
This exotic strand of lightly banded drops features pearls with a green to blue-green bodycolor and intense peacock overtones. The pearls exhibit mirror-like luster.

The finished strand will be double-knotted on color-matching silk and finished with your choice of 14-karat clasp. The length of the necklace is approximately 18 inches.

The strand in the photo is the strand you will receive."

I waffled a bit between it and Tan200-827, but the blue green body colour won me over. I have asked to change out the heavily circled center pearl.

Dare I admit that I hope to have timed it's delivery for when DH is away? :evil:

*sigh*. Truthfully, I don't think I have the funds for a harvest strand right now given the weakness of my heart to the other strands I have bought, and I'm a sucker for blue and blue green Tahtitians. When I save up the funds, I think I'll call PP and do what Mapo' did. In fact, I might ask them to make me a copy if they don't mind!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Cmd, another idea once you've saved enough, wait for a sale. PP often has sales around xmas, valentines day, and mother's day.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mapo|1408844209|3738323 said:
Cmd, another idea once you've saved enough, wait for a sale. PP often has sales around xmas, valentines day, and mother's day.

I'll do that.

In the meantime, here's the web photo of the strand that I was tempted by (oh those blues!):

I'm asking them to change out the center pearl with the deep ring.

_21617.jpg

caro40

Shiny_Rock
I get my pearls delivered to my work address and then slowly introduce my husband to them over time. He only just 'met' my two new tahitian strands a day ago when I introduced them as presents for me from him and my son for my mostly completing a major project of mine. I am usually painfully honest so even sitting on the purchase for a week or so felt awful. But the pearl bug took hold a while ago.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
dmz that is one TDF pearl strand. Sometimes guilt is good :twisted:
icy jade those pearls are amazing!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
img_1122.jpg
Here is my 35" rope from the PP sale....it is gorgeous multi color drops with almost no blemishing...I haven't taken them off since they arrived. Hisano added a toggle clasp for me, which I adore! img_1100_1.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Anyone here swiped the pistachio strand?

Bsomlo n Makeable: thanks! :)

Pirard: welcome and your new rope looks fabulous!! If you don't mind can you pls post the specs and glamour shots?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pirard,

What a stunning catch! They are beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results