shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This week I purchased a Ritani 1/2 eternity pave band on LT. The description of size was incorrect - I assume it was a typo. I will have to have the band sized down about one size.
Ritani said since I am a third party purchaser it will no longer be under warranty.
I think I got a pretty good deal on the band. Should I return the ring to the seller or have it sized by Ritani and hope no melee fall out later?

I'm a little disappointed - so much for instant gratification =) aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Did they say it was even sizeable?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask Ritani if they think it's safe to have sized... if so, then I'd keep it and have it sized if you got a really good deal on it. :))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Ritani rep said one size should not be a problem, but that they won't guarantee the work.
I paid $850 for the ring and it currently retails on WF for $2365. I wouId have preferred a full eternity, but settled for half eternity because
it does seem like a good deal.[?]Would have been better if I didn't have to drive an hour to the Ritani dealer and pay to have it sized, wait three or 4 weeks and drive back over there =)
Now I'm just whining :boohoo:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Well, I would be disappointed, too- but it does look pretty with your ring. Does it take you an hour to get to Southpoint? It looks like that's the closest Ritani jeweler to you. And did they give you an idea on the charge for shipping and resizing the ring?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jimmianne|1408742463|3737757 said:
The Ritani rep said one size should not be a problem, but that they won't guarantee the work.
I paid $850 for the ring and it currently retails on WF for $2365. I wouId have preferred a full eternity, but settled for half eternity because
it does seem like a good deal.[?]Would have been better if I didn't have to drive an hour to the Ritani dealer and pay to have it sized, wait three or 4 weeks and drive back over there =)

Do you feel like you settled to the point that you're having buyer's remorse? My thought is you got a great deal and I'd probably keep it and resize it IF the ring was exactly what was wanted...The two questions are) are you happy w/the ring style alternative? and) can you afford to pay full price if you didn't keep the preowned one?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get the sense that you wanted the bands to match and really wanted the ring in eternity style. As the saying goes that's been passed around for so long 'A deal is only a deal if you're getting what you really want' you might want to start over.

I'm guessing that it could be safely resized and you did get a good price on it but if it's not exactly what you want. . . then it's a no go. You love your ring so much (and no wonder - it's gorgeous) and I would hate to see the band take away from the love - know what I mean?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends how long you have been looking for one and how much other similar preloved ones are. If you think it is still a deal even with the resizing then I'd get it resized, if not then send it back and wait for the right one to come along.

It looks great with your ring btw regardless of what you decide!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1408746520|3737796 said:

Do you feel like you settled to the point that you're having buyer's remorse? My thought is you got a great deal and I'd probably keep it and resize it IF the ring was exactly what was wanted...The two questions are) are you happy w/the ring style alternative? and) can you afford to pay full price if you didn't keep the preowned one?

Excellent questions.Thanks for helping me sort this out. I like this ring as an occasional spacer or stacker, so I would not buy it or the full eternity at retail price. Maybe if it were my primary wedding band...
I have to say..almost nothing with diamonds that I've bought is exactly what I want :lol: My dear fickle inner diamond demon wants new pretty things on a regular basis or she gets grouchy. :devil:

I've contacted the seller so she knows there may be a problem and will call my Ritani dealer in the morning.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What would you do?o

Jimmianne|1408761700|3737884 said:
MC|1408746520|3737796 said:

Excellent questions.Thanks for helping me sort this out. I like this ring as an occasional spacer or stacker, so I would not buy it or the full eternity at retail price. Maybe if it were my primary wedding band...
I have to say..almost nothing with diamonds that I've bought is exactly what I want :lol: My dear fickle inner diamond demon wants new pretty things on a regular basis or she gets grouchy. :devil:

I've contacted the seller so she knows there may be a problem and will call my Ritani dealer in the morning.

Hi Jimmianne,

If it won't cost too much to be resized I'd probably resize it and keep the ring. It looks beautiful with your other ring. You don't plan to wear as an everyday ring so you should be fine. You have a beautiful ring at a great price.

About that dear fickle inner diamond demon, please let me know if you figure out a way to make it go away! I seem to have one too :angel:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh. Obviously I'm not in love or I would put up with the hassle...

it's gotten a little complicated for me. Ritani [main office] said they will have to see the ring in person to give me a sizing quote. Sort of odd - after all it's a standard ring going down exactly one size.
Then the person I spoke with said something about Ritani not really liking to deal with third party jewelry.

So I would have to go to my dealer to have them send it to Ritani, get a quote, then see if I like the quote.
And of course, Ritani will not guarantee the work.

If I wait until I can get a quote from Ritani, I may not want to get it sized and by that time it will be too late to return.I am getting ready to go out of town and this is just one more thing to think about, so I'm putting the ring in the mail to the seller on Monday.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Just one quick thought before you send it away, have you considered wearing it outside of your e-ring? Maybe with another eternity on the inside? If that's a style you like, then the extra size is usually desireable.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1408819467|3738148 said:
Just one quick thought before you send it away, have you considered wearing it outside of your e-ring? Maybe with another eternity on the inside? If that's a style you like, then the extra size is usually desirable :dance: .

thanks for the idea - I'll try it.
Time to get out the rings & play.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Jimmianne|1408822499|3738173 said:
Just one quick thought before you send it away, have you considered wearing it outside of your e-ring? Maybe with another eternity on the inside? If that's a style you like, then the extra size is usually desirable :dance: .

Oh, my... Jimmianne has to play with her bling... :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just throwing this out there - since Ritani won't guarantee the work anyway, could a jeweler just resize it for you? Since Ritani won't guarantee the work, what's the point of going to all that trouble? I have a Scott Kay half eternity that a jeweler resized with no problems. If you don''t want to deal with all the rigamarole, maybe it's best to return it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1408822702|3738176 said:

Oh, my... Jimmianne has to play with her bling... :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

If only it were not pouring I could be spending my day off outside mowing instead. ;(

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Jimmianne|1408824054|3738187 said:

If only it were not pouring I could be spending my day off outside mowing instead. ;(

So you'd rather mow grass than play with bling?!? :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

BAN HER!!!!!

:tongue: :tongue: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1408823101|3738180 said:
Just throwing this out there - since Ritani won't guarantee the work anyway, could a jeweler just resize it for you? Since Ritani won't guarantee the work, what's the point of going to all that trouble? I have a Scott Kay half eternity that a jeweler resized with no problems. If you don''t want to deal with all the rigamarole, maybe it's best to return it.

that's a good idea. I had my half eternity resized by a jeweler in Cary that did an excellent job. they even had to redo the engraving on it to match. It was around $100.00 if I remember right and I think it was because of the engraving that they charged more than usual. If you're interested in the jeweler's name let me know

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1408824355|3738189 said:

that's a good idea. I had my half eternity resized by a jeweler in Cary that did an excellent job. they even had to redo the engraving on it to match. It was around $100.00 if I remember right and I think it was because of the engraving that they charged more than usual. If you're interested in the jeweler's name let me know

+1

I agree with this 100% -- no guarantee with Ritani, then no reason to use them. Just get it sized locally. :))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1408824213|3738188 said:
Jimmianne|1408824054|3738187 said:

So you'd rather mow grass than play with bling?!? :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

BAN HER!!!!![/siz....

:tongue: :tongue: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

better yet, come over and mow my grass for me. Trust me - you will love it :devil:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1408824355|3738189 said:

You're right - I don't know why I was so set on Ritani. I imagine a local jeweler would stand behind their work, at least for the first few months after the sizing if I lost a melee. So, yes, I would be interested to know the name of your good jeweler.

The seller of this ring was very nice. She said she would pay for the sizing if I decide to keep it.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Jimmianne|1408829697|3738224 said:
better yet, come over and mow my grass for me. Trust me - you will love it :devil:

Nice try, dear! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that's really nice of the seller!! The jewelry shop is J M Edwards on Kildaire Farm Rd. in Cary. Let me know if you decide to go and maybe we could meet up for lunch. =)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1408838078|3738289 said:
Oh, that's really nice of the seller!! The jewelry shop is J M Edwards on Kildaire Farm Rd. in Cary. Let me know if you decide to go and maybe we could meet up for lunch. =)

pinkjewel, We should definitely plan that PS lunch [that "Las Vegas Meet"of NC we talked about in July]! and see who else from PS might be around : )

Meanwhile, I've decided to put the ring in the mail in the morning for a refund. The seller does not want to pay me for the sizing, but wants me to mail her the ring so she can take it to her Ritani dealer who will then send it to Ritani to get sized then she will mail it back to me.

It's too convoluted for me and as I've had time to ponder, I really do want a full eternity.

I'm wondering if the WF ACA bead set full eternity would be comparable to the Ritani in looks. I would really love to have an ACA eternity if it has a similar look to the Ritani. I know it's a bit wider - like 0.4mm, but it would be so sparkly :love:

So, a conversation with WF tomorrow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results