Jewelry purchase that you love and have no desire to upgrade

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Jewelry purchase that you love and have no desire to upg

Andelain|1408573641|3736432 said:
Andelain|1408521390|3736069 said:

Wonder why I can't post pics anymore. :confused:

what was the picture? I unsuccessfully tried every which way to get that link to somehow work and inquiring minds want to know what was in it. :wall:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Jimmianne|1408621318|3736742 said:
Andelain|1408573641|3736432 said:
Andelain|1408521390|3736069 said:

Wonder why I can't post pics anymore. :confused:

what was the picture? I unsuccessfully tried every which way to get that link to somehow work and inquiring minds want to know what was in it. :wall:

It's the first pic from the second post in this thread, [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/who-wants-to-see-andelains-new-pendant.149344/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/who-wants-to-see-andelains-new-pendant.149344/[/URL] .

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

Laila - your love of your plain wedding band and Tiffany necklace perhaps means that underneath you prefer plainer jewelry. I loved the look of the plain James Allen solitaire on your hand. No fru fru. I know you said it wasn't blingy enough for your larger hand but I loved that it didn't overwhelm you. Perhaps a slightly larger stone?

My sapphire and diamond ring - perfection - beautiful stone set in a style I love, with great memories attached to it of my mother. So glad I had it re-styled. I have two other diamond rings but I'm not content with either of them.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="Andelain|[/quote]

It's the first pic from the second post in this thread, [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/who-wants-to-see-andelains-new-pendant.149344/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/who-wants-to-see-andelains-new-pendant.149344/[/URL] .[/quote]

That is a beautiful thing. I remember when I first got on PS and saw your avatar - such a bold piece - I knew the owner must have a dynamic personality!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Laila619|1408600504|3736702 said:
My Tiffany and Co Notes pendant and my plain 3mm band. And that's about it! I've regretted just about everything else and sold or returned it. I don't think bling is for me.

Oh no, Laila!

Bling is definitely for me, but after years, I realized that I'm not as emotionally attached to pieces as I thought! I haven't worn my eng diamond in eight months and recently thought about selling it rather than resetting it.

Also, I find that I really love certain pieces, were them tons for a year or two and then move on to new pieces. The only item that seems perfect is the DBTY pendant I had made...If I ever win the lotto, I'd like a Tiffany & Co version with around the same size diamond.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Jimmianne|1408708013|3737404 said:
That is a beautiful thing. I remember when I first got on PS and saw your avatar - such a bold piece - I knew the owner must have a dynamic personality!

Thank you! :wavey:

Did you ever see the threads about it's creation?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

SB621|1408609306|3736723 said:
yennyfire|1408573988|3736435 said:
My oval in SS setting and my 1.7 ct oec studs with my IDJ jackets. Also, the rainbow of cabs I have that fit in the IDJ jackets...

I would never trade/upgrade any of those pieces.

The rest (albeit not much) is fair game....my three stone in the SS setting...love the design, wish the center stone/sides were larger. I love my Carl Blackburn rose/ white gold diamond band, but it's replaceable. If my holy grail were to turn up, I'd be willing to sell these pieces to finance it.

Curious as to what the holy grail would be for you Yenny? Can I call dibs on the the 3 stone and CB?

An antique emerald with a cutlet, at least 4 carats in a Sebastian Barrier setting. :Up_to_something: ;)) :shhh: Yes, you'll be the first person I contact! ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lol, Yenny! Your holy grail is a lot like mine! But I'd say your oval fits in the hg category for me as well!

okay, as for me, my never to sell items:

1) The AVR from GOG is likely never to be upgraded. (I originally wanted H color and that is the only thing that would tempt me to change it.) The stone is perfect and I do not want a larger diamond and it is special in that it was one of the few AVR's cut by Yoram. I may reset someday, though. (BUT, I do have the desire to have an additional emerald cut diamond ring and/or an AVC! One is possible but both would be unlikely!)

2) I love all three of my platinum Beaudry rings from Pearlmans and feel so thankful that I had the opportunity to buy them at great prices (and then spent $$$ for stones to go in them, though!). I also have two gorgeous platinum and diamond Beaudry crosses, and I plan to never part with those, either.

3) My WhiteFlash 36" DBTY platinum and diamond necklace. I don't know why I didn't get this ages ago. I adore my ACA studs as well, but I will have to reserve the option to upgrade those just one more time, maybe!

4) My Victor Canera sapphire halo studs are perfection and I would never give them up (unless I had him make larger ones!). ;)) I also have a special handmade platinum chain necklace from Victor that I use with one of the Beaudry crosses that I will always keep. I plan to get one of his little engraved bands soon, too! I hope to work with him on a ring or something more significant eventually. Gotta get the last child out of college!!!

5) I love my little sapphire french cut band by Caysie van Bebber, and I can't imagine giving it up unless it ends up to be too tight since it can't be sized. I expect to do a few future projects with Caysie, and that is why I wanted to include her in this list!

6) Cartier Tank Francaise..the perfect everyday watch for me. I would like to add a Ballon Bleu at some point, too, though!

There are a few other items that I could list, but the things above are my main items. I love my Legacy band but will give it up if I ever decide to go with a french cut band instead. There just has to be a point one is satisfied with what they have. I try HARD to only buy things that are forever/heirloom pieces at this point anyway.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd have to say my AVC and VC single cut eternity bands for now. Everything else is up for debate!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay|1408550860|3736239 said:
My diamond studs (3.2 TCW)

Those studs ARE amazing! :love: :love:

NTave

Shiny_Rock

My 1.5 ctw five stone. It's small enough to wear daily yet blingy, and vintage looking. It never comes off because it goes with everything.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mostly sentimental things - like some jewellery I inherited from my grandma and nanna (opals, brooches etc) and of course my plain gold wedding band but more recently my pearls from Catherine Cardinelli. I just love these and wear them to work most days. I can definitely imagine handing these down the generations - they are just so beautiful! :love:

_18926.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

diamondseeker2006|1408746823|3737799 said:
Lol, Yenny! Your holy grail is a lot like mine! But I'd say your oval fits in the hg category for me as well!

You are so sweet DS! My oval is the HG for me, but if I had the chance to have a HG part deux, who would I be to say no?? :lol:

You have such an amazing collection...I honestly couldn't pick a favorite, having seen both your AVR and your Beaudry rings in person....just stunning!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I won't part with my 2.88 OEC ering:

My yg and marquise diamond wedding band:

My 3.33 emerald cabochon in a 1930s setting:

And my 4.44 ct asscher cut Montana sapphire:

_21591.jpg

_21594.jpg

_21595.jpg

_21593.jpg