shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Seinfeld Episodes!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So funny. I haven't watched one in years. Do you have any particular favorites? I'm thinking of downloading some in the near future. Any idea where they would have all episodes? Hulu? Somewhere else? Would Netflix have it?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Seinfield, after Golden Girls it's my favorite show of all time, with Frasier up there as well. I'm not very up on all the options for watching shows these days, but my husband said he read that Netflix is going to be offering it soon. I haven't watched it in a while, but I have favorite moments I remember - George and the holiday Festevis (for the rest of us lol), the Izzy Mendelbaum episodes (Lloyd Bridges), episodes featuring George's parents…it really is a show about nothing, that's why I like it so much!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many, many great episodes - but personal favorite = "The Puffy Shirt"

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elaine dancing!

But Golden Girls is probably my top show alltime as well.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Elaine dancing one... so many great episodes but I'm having a brain fart. The only ones I can think of right now that aren't already posted are the 'Shrinkage/George the Marine Biologist' ep & the 'Masters of their Domains' ep.

I also love Golden Girls - I have such fond memories of watching it with my Mom...

And I adore the original Odd Couple. I just pulled our DVDs from the cabinet to watch them all again; it's been awhile.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, this is fun!

I was having trouble remembering my favorites too! And, then I got back from lunch -- Chocolate Babka!! Haha, I always thought that one was so funny.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Seinfeld. The show about nothing which is really about everything. One of my favorite tv shows right up there with I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners for me.

When it was on TV I felt there was a definite parallel to my life and the show's. With lots of differences of course but very relatable. I believe it is on DVD netflix right now but not streaming netflix. I also think you can probably get the episodes on Amazon but not sure.

Some of my favorites (but there are so many favorite episodes for me) are:

The Contest
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697679/

The Soup Nazi - A classic Seinfeld episode and Kenny thoughtfully provided the link for you. Watch it-it's too funny. :bigsmile:
No More Soup for YOU!!!

The Pez Dispenser
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697750/

The Chinese Restaurant
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697675/

The Parking Garage
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697747/

and
The Marine Biologist
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0697729/

The Bubble Boy was pretty funny too. Most of the episodes were funny though the episodes during the last year or so weren't my favorite.

LovesVintage, I am excited for you that you are getting to experience Seinfeld for the first time and I hope you enjoy the episodes. :appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Elaine worked for Mr. Pitt/J.Peterman
When George gave his dad's cabana clothes away
The Meistro
The Close talker

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1408665046|3737190 said:
When Elaine worked for Mr. Pitt/J.Peterman
When George gave his dad's cabana clothes away
The Meistro
The Close talker

Haha just reading this makes me LOL. We all know a close talker don't we. Hate that! And must call the Maestro the Maestro. It's like Luann on RHONY. Remember how she had to be called The Countess? I swear, Seinfeld mimics RL haha.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOOH! I misspelled maestro!! Duh!
Missy, you' should beat me with a wet noodle

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1408665776|3737197 said:
OOOOH! I misspelled maestro!! Duh!
Missy, you' should beat me with a wet noodle

LOLOL and I didn't even notice! That's how funny the episodes are. :lol:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Sponge worthy
Shrinkage
Man hands

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
The Boyfriend, which was the two-parter with Keith Hernandez, The Marine Biologist and The Hamptons.
One of my favorite lines from the entire show, which I still use, is "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things," which Elaine says after Jerry and George explain shrinkage to her.
And for those who've never seen it, you have to watch the movie JFK to truly appreciate The Boyfriend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1408669215|3737213 said:
Sponge worthy
Shrinkage
Man hands

OMG Sorry to be hogging the thread Loves Vintage but I have to say that the Sponge Worthy episode has to be my favorite. When she was agonizing over whether her current bf was sponge worthy (because there was a shortage of sponges and they were no longer making them) and grilling him with questions to make sure he was, well, that was priceless. :cheeky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FjmbRParcc

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha---the sponge never worked-------I have a daughter to prove it!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the episode where (I think Jerry?) dates a girl who doesn't swing her arms when she walks. It makes me giggle just thinking about it. And the black and white cookie one. Look to the cookie!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I love the one where George is arguing with somebody else over who can use a particular parking space, the guy that backs into it or forwards into it.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I asked my husband which ones were his favorites and he said the Puddy "DEVILS" episode, Festivus & the Marble Rye (plus some of the ones already listed).
He thinks they make too much money from syndication and that they're not available on Netflix - though there was talk awhile back about putting them on Hulu.
:wavey:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, and the "can you spare a square" and the "Chicken Roaster" episodes - sooo funny!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1408713212|3737457 said:
I love the one where George is arguing with somebody else over who can use a particular parking space, the guy that backs into it or forwards into it.

Haha that one has forever changed the way I think about parallel parking. My dh cannot stand it when I beg him to get into certain parking spots front end (so someone doesn't snag it from him) first due to this episode. LOL. Of course he never complies and backs in as always. One day I know he will be sorry he didn't do front end first when steals the spot that way from him hahaha. :mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexah|1408714090|3737465 said:
I asked my husband which ones were his favorites and he said the Puddy "DEVILS" episode, Festivus & the Marble Rye (plus some of the ones already listed).
He thinks they make too much money from syndication and that they're not available on Netflix - though there was talk awhile back about putting them on Hulu.
:wavey:

Alexah I believe some of the Seinfeld seasons are on Netflix DVD though not (yet) available on streaming unfortunately. You can watch episodes online though and there are Seinfeld episodes on every day on regular tv.

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Seinfeld/70153373

http://seinfeld.me

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/seinfeld/tv-listings/100389

HTH!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another household filled with Seinfeld <3 And third rock from the sun lol!

Funny story-we went on our honeymoon and did a hot spring tour out of Tofino a few years back. There was another group of people from another boat there as well (hour hike one way to the spring and then back again after a 40 minute boat ride). Anyways this group was a family and one of the young men badly sprained his ankle on the beginning of the hike back from the springs to the boat. The men (my husband included) carried him back though the trail (stairs/crazy trees/etc) the next hour.

While they were hiking they were telling us all about their family and come to find out their aunt (one guys sister in law) was both in star wars (the ewok that helps the shot one during the flying scene in the woods-not sure which one it was) and was mickeys gf in Seinfeld. Her name is Debbie Lee Carrington and has been in a few movies over the years. We got to meet her and they bought us drinks for helping them out.

p1020190.jpg

p1020232_edited-1.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sponge worthy comes to mind right away. Also love the one where Elaine tells Jerry his girlfriend (played by Teri Hatcher) has a great figure because she has implants. She doesn't have implants. At the end of the episode Teri Hatcher says to Jerry "And by the way, there real and there spectacular" as she's leaving him. I think the title of the episode is The Implants. They were probably my two favorite episodes.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1408719926|3737517 said:
Seinfeld episodes on every day on regular tv.

HTH!

I pretty much forgot about Seinfeld till the other day when I ran across re-runs on Dish TV...so if you have that service, you can DVR them and have a marathon one evening!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results