shape
carat
color
clarity

Neat find

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of years ago, my next door neighbors started making significant renovations to their house. They gutted the entire thing except the living room and kitchen (even had a port-a-pot in the yard!). It’s a long story but they were in their early 60s. The husband was never in great health and the wife had a brain aneurism that hospitalized her for months then greatly impaired her abilities for a significant amount of time. I think all of this was too much for them to handle and the husband basically lost his marbles over it. He had the contractors’ and township’s heads spinning with the whackadoo stuff he was doing and eventually they went awol. It’s been two years and no one knows what happened to them. That’s the SHORT story.

Someone bought the house from the bank earlier this year and is renovating it with the intent to flip it (yay! Living next to an abandoned house was NOT cool!). On Sunday, he cleared out their attic. One of the things he put at the curb for trash pick up was a really old trunk. My SIL is a sucker for anything old so I sent her a picture. She promptly begged me to set it aside for her. I did (much to my husband’s dissatisfaction!). She came to pick it up a the next day and we opened it to find a wedding dress inside. At first I thought, “Oh, how cool!”…then I thought, “Oh, how sad!”. The dress is quite beautiful but has some damage to it. Far less than I would expect for just being balled up in a stinky old box. I don’t know how old it is. I’m assuming it was the wedding dress of the wife but her family owned the house since 1926 when it was first built so it’s possible it belongs to maybe her sister or mother. There is no designer tag in it but there is a paper tag with writing on it (that I can’t decipher) so maybe it was homemade? SIL accidentally took it home with her but she’s going to bring it back. I think I would like to donate it somewhere but I don’t know how realistic it is to think someone might actually want to use it.

Without further ado…

_21553.jpg

_21554.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely, and only the dress knows the history, if only it could talk!

If you have a local theater, they may like to have it. Lots of plays need a wedding gown for a scene or two. Or your high school's drama department?

Maybe your local bridal shop would have an idea?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is so cool!! :appl: :appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dress looks like mid-1960's. It is beautiful! I have a powder blue prom dress (from a thrift shop)from that time period and it is very similar with the boat neck, bow on the back of the waist and train.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results