shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Update: I received my green body / peacock tahitians :appl: , and so far I'm loving :love: these I wasn't expecting to love the drops! What I think I want is opposite of what I love when I see them. These drops are so clean and very smooth, shiny, luster is fabulous, and feel so good on, the color is popping. The colors are green body (emerald ) and sometimes blue teal comes out with the peacock. It is a bright look on. It's under 18" about 17.25, but surely I can match / add pearls in future when restrung. AA+/AAA 8.4 - 11.7mm Drop.

4061_1__0.jpg

img_4763.jpg

img_4743.jpg

img_4738.jpg

img_4752.jpg

img_4748_0.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Tahitians! Well done. The bust shots made me smile. Enjoy and wear in health.

All these Tahitian shots makes me want to go dig up my Tahitian strand for some neck time!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrostMe, what a great color on that strand. They look amazing on you :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, that dark green colour makes me jealous, FrostMe! So pretty!!!

Any word on your multicolour one yet? I'm dying to see that too!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me, Love that strand. I love the color of the Tahitians, shape of the pearls too. It looks great against your skin. You scored!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I've been busy and haven't been reading all the threads. I guess I better go to the beginning of this one and drool.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1408551805|3736248 said:
Ooooh, that dark green colour makes me jealous, FrostMe! So pretty!!!

Any word on your multicolour one yet? I'm dying to see that too!

cmd2014 Yes! The pearls are so beautiful, smooth, lovely drops, high quality in my opinion. The silvery/whites shimmer, and there are a few silvery blues, olives and a pistachio. Sadly……. I just don't feel it was a fit for me. I haven't figured it out yet, it didn't work on me and I'm soooooo sad, it was a very hard coming-to-terms to let it go. I have returned the strand to PP. But, don't get me wrong it is stunning!!! Those white to white silvery pearls stole my heart. :(( Here are a few pics:

3996_1__0.jpg img_4733.jpg
img_4728.jpg
img_4730.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me -- Did you hear me scream?!

Okay, here's the story. Baby Nurse had cmd2014's multi-color strand in her shopping cart and it got sold before she could push the button. I was coveting your strand, and it got sold -- to you. I PMed you on the "other" forum in case this very thing happened!

Then we contacted PP to see if they could make more multis with those whites and they couldn't at this time.

And now you've decided to return yours so I immediately contacted Baby Nurse and PP (in that order, being a good friend) and I'll be buying your multi-color. Yay!!!

I'll post neck shots once it arrives, which may be a while since it has to get back to PP and reship to me... I'm so glad cmd2014 happened to ask about that strand!

TBC...

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1408572818|3736423 said:
Frost Me -- Did you hear me scream?!

Okay, here's the story. Baby Nurse had cmd2014's multi-color strand in her shopping cart and it got sold before she could push the button. I was coveting your strand, and it got sold -- to you. I PMed you on the "other" forum in case this very thing happened!

Then we contacted PP to see if they could make more multis with those whites and they couldn't at this time.

And now you've decided to return yours so I immediately contacted Baby Nurse and PP (in that order, being a good friend) and I'll be buying your multi-color. Yay!!!

I'll post neck shots once it arrives, which may be a while since it has to get back to PP and reship to me... I'm so glad cmd2014 happened to ask about that strand!

TBC...

SO FUN!! I PMed you today, now I know what that means! HAHA. Enjoy!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo - My heart went pitty-pat when I saw that gorgeous strand was being returned by Frost Me. I think it was because I did hear you scream. :bigsmile: :Up_to_something: Those white Tahitians are something special. :tongue:

This is the most amazing thread. Loving the choices so far as well as the various stories. I find it a bit curious that there have been no provoked baroques posted from the sale. The only one I know of is 4Ranch Girl's double pearl pendant with the Robert Wan pearl that we saw at the ruckus.

o.k., so I caved. I'm already getting a double rope of round multi-color Tahitians from the ruckus, but I finally decided that I needed :shock: to get in on the Loot 2 "fat sisters" bandwagon. How often am I going to be able to purchase a 54" rope of AAA 8.4-12.7 mm drop ( :love: ) Tahitians with striking green bodycolor (my favorite) and striking cherry-peacock orient (also my favorite)? :?: "This sort of intense (yes! :cheeky:) peacock is the most prized of all Tahitian pearl colors and is most common with pearls from Rikitea, where these pearls originated. The pearls are nearly perfectly clean and exhibit a mirror-like luster ( :lickout: )."

I just checked in with Chenai at PP, and my strand is being strung and should be shipped in a couple of days. :)) I did take the opportunity to request a glamour photo by Angela. :naughty:

trope08182014b1.jpg

trope08182014f1.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- of course you heard me scream! Aren't those whites incredible? Baby Nurse and I were on the phone and she asked if I was going to buy anything from the Tahitian sale and I said no, the only thing I regretted not having bought was -- and she jumped right in with complete animation and angst finishing my sentence regarding those two multi-strands with the whites! I had ogled them and lost out. She had actually had one of those strands in her cart!!!

And yes, it was hard not to purchase from this sale -- even with our Ruckus purchases. That's the problem, every special is special. Truly.

Your rope looks heavenly. Please bring that along with the round one next Ruckus. How fun that we get to meet these pieces in person -- and can look forward to it all year.

Yay!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: "fat sisters" rock!!! Your rope is TDF I can't wait to see neck shots of your new pearls. That will keep me happy for days and days.

BS :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: and :dance: for your new strand. I am so glad it will be yours. You have some really special new pearls. Neck shots please :mrgreen:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1408587731|3736589 said:
FlyGirl :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: "fat sisters" rock!!! Your rope is TDF I can't wait to see neck shots of your new pearls. That will keep me happy for days and days.

BS :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: and :dance: for your new strand. I am so glad it will be yours. You have some really special new pearls. Neck shots please :mrgreen:

Yes, I decided to get in on the Loot. Part of this was seeing Loot 1 strands at the ruckus and they were very nice. Part of it was seeing HHPmom at the ruckus wearing her Tahitian rope and thinking that I really, really needed one of those. I lusted after Sheri's super rope as well. This rope will be different from the mixed color rounds. I'm guessing it will be here the middle of next week. And, it will make me very happy to make you happy with neck shots. :dance:

Now, are you getting a provoked baroque strand? :wink2: You look amazing in them during your photo shoot. :naughty:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
No Provoked Baroque strand for me. It was fun trying it on though. I have my blue one and am thrilled with it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrostMe: Those are gorgeous...I'm so sorry they didn't suit you (and I have to admit I am in shock....they look stunning in your pictures...I'm guessing they didn't go well with your coloring?). I'm glad that your loss is Bsomio's gain!

Bsomio & Baby Nurse: OMG! No wonder Lynsey said she was so happy I called!!! GlobalShopEx almost caused a tragedy! I bought mine, but they didn't show up on the PP site as sold out of my cart...so even though I was running late, I called PP because I knew they wouldn't last if there had been some kind of mistake. That's when we found out that the international shipping option had a 48 hour delay between purchase and notification to the vendor! So Lynsey pulled them for me and 3 days later the funds were taken and the transaction finally happened.

Mine arrived today!!! I'm sorry BN, but I LOVE them! They will not be going back! I have taken a bunch of photos (tbp).

Flygirl...I have been eying that rope since it was posted....I can't wait to see pictures!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the pictures! They may go sideways as I am on my ipad.

Tahitians with my earrings from Birks. IRL they are lighter and more silvery, and less blue. The whites have a satin glow to them.

The best neck shot I could get (sorry, light not good, and I was wearing my Birks Tahitian pendant in the picture). They are not this olive toned IRL. They are definitely silvery. The whites look like WSS, and the Tahitians are a silver grey, with a few blue pearls in the strand.

One really cool half and half white/black pearl:

All my PP Tahitian strands:

_21524.jpg

_21525.jpg

_21526.jpg

_21527.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014 - Those are glorious. Love the two tone pearl and look at the pink overtone on the next pearl. The white Tahitians are beautiful. The peacock on that center pearl is wonderful. Silvery blue white pearls are wonderful. This strand will go great with your beautiful earrings.

Well done! :appl: :wavey:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1408591457|3736648 said:
cmd2014 - Those are glorious. Love the two tone pearl and look at the pink overtone on the next pearl. The white Tahitians are beautiful. The peacock on that center pearl is wonderful. Silvery blue white pearls are wonderful. This strand will go great with your beautiful earrings.

Well done! :appl: :wavey:

Thank you! I can't even say how beautiful they are! I'm sad that there weren't three stands so that BN could get one too. There are two or three two toned pearls, three stunning blue ones, and the rest have amazing luster and silver-blue-rose overtones. I don't even care that I'm in an old t-shirt covered in cat hair....I feel like a queen!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
cmd -- fantastic strand! I can see why you are in love for sure. My first thought was that the whites looked like WSS, too. Your strand is similar to, but quite different from, the one I am getting. Wear your newest strand in good health!

Can you post some more pictures, please. How long is it including the clasp?

It's interesting that your mm size is a drop smaller than mine, yet you have "larger" and fewer pearls. I guess your drops are more elongated so fewer fit on the strand. Mine are shorter and smaller so even though they are "larger" in mm size across the "belly", they are actually smaller pearls drill-hole to drill-hole.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1408592923|3736658 said:
cmd -- fantastic strand! I can see why you are in love for sure. My first thought was that the whites looked like WSS, too. Your strand is similar to, but quite different from, the one I am getting. Wear your newest strand in good health!

Can you post some more pictures, please. How long is it including the clasp?

It's interesting that your mm size is a drop smaller than mine, yet you have "larger" and fewer pearls. I guess your drops are more elongated so fewer fit on the strand. Mine are shorter and smaller so even though they are "larger" in mm size across the "belly", they are actually smaller pearls drill-hole to drill-hole.

My pleasure! I will try to get some better neck shots tomorrow night. Here's a picture of them extended out.

They were listed as 18 inch but seem more like 17. It might be the size of the drops. I will have to borrow DH's tape tomorrow evening so that I can measure them to be sure. They are larger IRL than the listing would suggest. I read somewhere that drops are measured at the smallest diameter point though, so can be quite large even if the mm listing doesn't make it seem that way.

I hope you will love yours when they arrive. You must have had lightning-speed dialing skills at play there! (I hang my head in utter shame to admit that when I read FrostMe's post, trying to buy them was my first thought too! DH is starting to tell me that I have a problem that might need a 12 step program).

_21541.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Imagine if you had bought them before I got to them and you owned the ONLY TWO multis with whites! I don't know if Baby Nurse and I could have survived that!

My DH has given up. He doesn't pay attention any more to save his sanity. Wise man.

Your strand looks different in every shot! Pearls, especially Tahitians, are fascinating in this respect.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm not at the stage of hiding purchases under the bed yet....but if I buy any more I'm going to have to start timing deliveries for weeks when he is away. It's been Akoyas in June, the 36.5 inch metallic fw strand and silver Tahitians in July (I couldn't resist the sale), and 2 strands during this sale. Oh, there was also a 60 inch 6.5mm off-round fw rope that I bought on sale locally in July too, because I was too impatient for my 36.5 strand to arrive. I wear that one a lot because I can triple it.

I'm glad I don't have both strands. That would feel too greedy knowing that others wanted one.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl: I was eyeing that rope too! The description is soooo yummy! But I already have a few ropes so another one just didn't make sense. Glad it's going to you cos it means more pics! :appl:
Am also quite surprised no one got the provoked baroques. I was quite intrigued but the ones on sale didn't pique my interest cos I wanted lighter colored/more colorful pearls.

Cmd: Lovely! I really like the blues in yours. You scored!

Bsomlo: Yippee n congrats! That strand looks gorgeous in Frost Me's photos. More pics when you get it ya?

Frost Me: love those rainbows in your green strand!

Love this thread. Great eye candy, plus it's almost like a lesson in reading glamour shots vs real life pearls AND rarity of tahitian colors. Like I had no idea white Tahitians were rare.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- of course I'll post neck shots! And I totally agree that this thread is a great lesson in Tahitians -- getting a better feel for description versus glamour shot versus neck shot versus different lighting in real life.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
What an exciting thread! I'm loving everyone's new Tahitians!

renwea - Very pretty strand and I think you'll love the circles because sometimes that's where you see very beautiful colors.!

Frost Me - Your drop strand looks so gorgeous on you! The color and luster make it memorable! I'm sorry to hear you didn't like your multi strand but it's great that bsomlo is getting it! Now that's team work!

Fly Girl - I'm glad you decided to get that rope - it's a beauty and I know you'll be thrilled to see those peacock colors!

cmd2014 - What an incredible strand! Those whites make it pop and the overall pearl design is lovely.

PP has made a lot of people happy this month and unfortunately there are a few more shopping days until the end of the month! Arghhh!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
makeable|1408632306|3736812 said:
pkinnew|1408629976|3736794 said:
PP has made a lot of people happy this month and unfortunately there are a few more shopping days until the end of the month! Arghhh!

I keep eyeing this strand. I want it but I need to give my cc a rest for a few months. PLEASE someone buy this so I can stop being tempted :lol:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-4012...itian-round-to-near-round-pearl-necklace.aspx

Oh, I've been eyeing it too....my only saving grace is that it is way over budget in light of other purchases I have made this year! But if I hadn't already given my CC a workout, I would be sorely tempted. It looks stunning. I would so love to see neck shots of it!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
makeable - That strand would look lovely on you (!). Really, it's beautiful and I give you kudos for resisting. :clap: I'm trying not to look at the sale page too often to reduce temptation!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bsomio: I measured my strand this morning. It's just a stitch over 17 inches (but I do not have a slender graceful neck like many do here, so it fits me like a 16 might on others). In the future I may see about having some pearls added at the end to lengthen it a bit, but for now, it looks beautiful peeking out of my collared shirts.

Here's a neck shot in the so-so light of my office. This actually looks fairly true to life in terms of what I see in this light.. The blues don't pop quite as much as they do in evening light. The greys have a slight pistachio overtone, and there are some roses and rose-browns that come out on other pearls. The whites and silver-whites just glow though in every light, and there is one blue pearl at the very back of the strand (that I wish was larger so it could be further forward) that is radiant.

multi_strand_neck_shot_cropped_small.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results