shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC ring from RDG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
agapitor said:
Wow!! every aspect of your ring is unique and exquisite and may I say I am envious of your photography skills. I love packaging so the beautiful box was just a cherry on top of what I would consider a death by chocolate covered in ganache ring.

ha ha, what a description! Thanks agapitor, I appreciate your comments :))

HeartingDiamonds said:
Oh AJ, your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I adore its new home :appl: :appl: I also love that you can wear it on either hand!!

Ive been jonesing a rose gold or rich yellow gold ring myself and this is certainly NOT HELPING :errrr: :errrr: *running the other way now*

Wear in mich love, great health, and tons of happiness for always!!

Hello Grace lovey,
Thank you! I know its a rather different style than the beautiful settings JbEG create, so I'm glad you like it..
I know what you mean - once I saw Coati's rich YG ring and found out RDG carry a peachy/apricot RG, I was hooked..
ha ha, don't run...you can't escape..I will email them to you enable, enable :lol:

Trekkie said:
It is gorgeous and suits you perfectly!

I love chunkier settings - this one makes your teeny hands look even teenier!

Thanks Trekkie, aw that's very nice of you to say...I'd trade any day with longer fingers though! I'm happy you like it. ::)

Lovinggems said:
Very unique and gorgeous, thank you for posting all these lovely pictures.

Thanks LG hon, glad you enjoyed the pics. I just wish you could be happy with your new purchase, but I hope you know there are still fantastic jewellers out there with talent and ethics.
:wavey:

Thank you purplesilk - yup, the old cuts have a way of growing on a person.

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
arjunajane, this ring is amazing. The craftsmanship is truly extraordinary, and I can totally understand why you're so thrilled with the result. The watercolor sketches are so special as well - seems as though the 'making of' was almost as exciting as receiving the finished product. The Pharmacist and I were having a lazy Sunday afternoon down at Steve's when we saw your post, and he was even more excited than I was when he saw the pictures. New Zealand, here we come!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It's amazing AJ, congratulations! I love how different if looks in all the different angles and lighting conditions. It's almost like a chameleon! The various setting colours go so well with the stone, beautiful. ::)

Your pictures are always so beautiful and I am loving the photos with the Aussie wildflowers. :)) You do realise that one day that there will be some crazy person gasping when she recognises your ring out in public and then strains to control herself before you notice, and that it will be me? :cheeky: :bigsmile: 8)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wonderful pics!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, the first thing that popped into my head was: Cool. Unexpected, but cool. :bigsmile: I'm also thrilled that you found a jeweler a bit more local to you that does great work! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ, your new ring is hunky and gorgeous! Now I know why you went with RDG. Their craftsmanship looks superb. I love their attention to detail too. There's not a single aspect of that ring that was overlooked. It's looks like it's polished to perfection in every nook and cranny. That shade of rose gold is just right ;)) . It's a great "wear every day without worry" ring!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Arjunajane, That ring is awesome! Really unique.

I love OECs and actually have one in my e-ring.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:
SparklyOEC said:
arjunajane said:
Yssie said:
That stone is almost edible...

AJ I don't see snowflakes. I see wireframes! ;( :rodent:

ha ha..what's a wireframe yssie..? Think RT...and about the centre diamond.. :tongue:

eta: oops, thank you posted before your edit.

Cheers lovey - I always take a lot as I find it fun, so may as well post em right :D

Really awesome pics as always, AJ. I'm really liking the OEC in between the traps and in RG.

Ok...I'll take a guess as to the design...especially with the hint :Up_to_something: Is it supposed to be a "mirror" design of the facet pattern of your OEC? It's just a guess though. You will have to share y'know. ha ha.

That was my thinking too :))

@Yssie: Great minds think alike! :bigsmile:

@AJ:the mirrored facet pattern of an OMC is sooo cool! Just drooling over the whole design.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant remember if I posted, but I love this diamond, such beautiful colors all around love your style AJ!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ZahraLeyla said:
arjunajane, this ring is amazing. The craftsmanship is truly extraordinary, and I can totally understand why you're so thrilled with the result. The watercolor sketches are so special as well - seems as though the 'making of' was almost as exciting as receiving the finished product. The Pharmacist and I were having a lazy Sunday afternoon down at Steve's when we saw your post, and he was even more excited than I was when he saw the pictures. New Zealand, here we come!

Hey Leyla,
nice to hear from you again :wavey: I'm so glad you like the work by RDG, they really are a special vendor.
I must get around to starting another thread with my 'making of' photos, I would like to share them with folks like yourself.

Ha, wow I have not been to Steve's for years! That's great that your guy enjoys jewellery along with you ::)

hawaiianorangetree said:
Wow! It's amazing AJ, congratulations! I love how different if looks in all the different angles and lighting conditions. It's almost like a chameleon! The various setting colours go so well with the stone, beautiful. ::)

Your pictures are always so beautiful and I am loving the photos with the Aussie wildflowers. :)) You do realise that one day that there will be some crazy person gasping when she recognises your ring out in public and then strains to control herself before you notice, and that it will be me? :cheeky: :bigsmile: 8)

Hi H, how are you?
aww, thanks lovey - glad you enjoyed the pics. Yup, I'd have to agree the unique flowers & gardens do make a convenient backdrop ::)
ha ha, you can come and say hi if you see me in person! I don't think there will be another ring like mine walking around in Perth, so not a large chance you will embarrass yourself, tee hee ;-)

Thank you Motown,
and thank you Dani - cheers hon, so am I - that is the ongoing reward from this transaction, I have finally found a semi-local vendor that I love, woot!

gemgirl said:
AJ, your new ring is hunky and gorgeous! Now I know why you went with RDG. Their craftsmanship looks superb. I love their attention to detail too. There's not a single aspect of that ring that was overlooked. It's looks like it's polished to perfection in every nook and cranny. That shade of rose gold is just right ;)) . It's a great "wear every day without worry" ring!

Hey gemgirl, how are you lovey?
Thank you for your kind comments on the ring and craftsmanship, my thoughts exactly ;))

Cheers Innerkitten! - I didn't know you had an OEC ering, are there pics floating around?
Thanks SparklyOEC , glad you liked that feature, I plan on taking complete credit :bigsmile:

D&T said:
Cant remember if I posted, but I love this diamond, such beautiful colors all around love your style AJ!

Hey D&T, thanks for your comments! Right back at ya regarding your style.

SanDiegoLady said:
I love it... what a gorgeous L.. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! And those prongs, they're fantastic. I love finding your posts! :))

Cheers SDL..he he, I understand you think it is..gorgeous..? :D I quite like the prongs myself - they are super low profile and don't catch on anything, even though they are claws.
Thanks lovey.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I totally missed seeing you post this. It's a lovely and unique design and the craftsmanship is exquisite. Looks great on your hand too! What more could you ask for? :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH!
I'm choking on drool.

What a piece of art.
Thanks so much for all the beautiful pics!!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Kismet|1287314111|2739495 said:
Ooh, I totally missed seeing you post this. It's a lovely and unique design and the craftsmanship is exquisite. Looks great on your hand too! What more could you ask for? :)

hey kismet! now we're even as I missed your post during my hiatus, lol..
Thank you for your kind comments :wavey:

kenny said:
GAH!
I'm choking on drool.

What a piece of art.
Thanks so much for all the beautiful pics!!!!

:lol: don't choke kenny!! So glad you appreciate the work of this jeweller as I do.
I know you've contributed to my 'choosing a DSLR' thread, and I can't wait to see what I can capture of this ring and my other pieces once I have a 'real camera'. ::)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the profile of this ring!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
:knockout: :( :cry: :!: :?: :(sad :angryfire: :wall: :shock:

Hi everyone
These emotions above are trying to represent the way I am currently and have been feeling for the last week, and at this time I knew I need we the support & understanding of my PS sisters and brothers...

I am still in shock, dismay, sickened by sadness because my beloved engagement ring featured in the photos bag myin this thread was, earlier this week, stolen :blackeye: when I had my handbag taken from me whilst waiting for a bus. I put up a fight mainly because my gorgeous ring was inside my bag (taken off my hand as a precaution due to catching train late at night from not the best area) however it was a girl and two guys who were willing to use violence.. :sick:

After 5days of nothing, luckily my ring showed up for police on the records of a local pawn shop - elation!! Then almost immediate crushing disappointment. The ring had sold (already?!), and the manager was being the opposite of cooperative in helping us find out when, to whom etc so it can be gotten back. I was visibly crying in the store and this little jerk was so rude and unhelpful - it was all I could do not to accuse him of bring in on the theft!

So now I wait - I've been waiting over 24hrs for the stores owner to phone me to share information. Meanwhile the police of course have been understanding but lead than on the ball (me and my partner were the ones who hunted my stolen ring to this pawn shop!).

So in short, please, fellow PSers - send me all the positive vibes and ring - getting- back thoughts you can.
This was The piece of jewellers of a lifetime for me- it has great stories attached of how I scorer the vintage diamond and had the unique ring made by hand by a NZ jeweller, etc...it is and was intended to be an heirloom from the start. Just the thought of some other couple wearing it or some collector taking it to pieces... Enough to make me freak out all over again.

I know many would say "" but its just a ring"" - however I know my PS brethren understand just how false that statement is, and certainly not consoling...

Thanks for reading as always, I will update with anything positive.
AJ xo

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, Arjunajane! I am sooo sorry to hear about your ring, but sooo glad you weren't hurt! Much dust and prayer for you to get your ring back!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really sorry I am sure you must be shaken up from such a terrible experience, I hope that you or the police are able to track where the ring went and recover it. Sending lots of positive vibes and dust.

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear what's happened AJ. (((Hugs))) we know it's not just a ring.
(I lost one of my mum's wedding rings once that she had given me to wear, it was stolen)

Please hang in there and sending lots of positive vibes and best wishes your way. Fingers and toes all crossed you get your ring back.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How horrible! I hope your gorgeous ring is back where it belongs on your hand ASAP. Positive thoughts being sent!!!

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
Oh I feel so sick for you, I LOVE this ring. I have the pics saved in my dream folder. Hoping for a speedy return!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no arjunajane, I am so sorry. ;( ;( ;(

I just want you to know I have a good feeling this will all work out and you will get your beloved ring back. In the meantime I am sending you bucket loads of PS dust and many many hugs to get through this. Thank goodness you are OK and were not harmed. Tons of good luck vibes coming your way for your ring to find its way back to you. (((Hugs))).

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a terribly scary and upsetting thing to have happened! Big hugs! I hope the shop owner does the right thing!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So sad for your loss :nono: I hope your amazing ring is returned to you quickly and in pristine condition! Surely the police can influence the pawn shop owner to give the name of all of the involved parties. You have ample proof of ownership. Very shady on the part of the pawn shop. I would threaten legal action against him.

lnl001

Rough_Rock
rosetta|1286652862|2733015 said:
Well I wasn't expecting that.

Very unique!

>> Neither was I.. And I am wow'd -- I love that this is a very well-though AND UNIQUE design! I love seeing this! ... just awesome. I bet you get Wow's all the time because it's sooo way off the hum-drum designs out there..

AND OH NO!! sorry to hear about a horrible incident. :(

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG that's really shocking. Unique things are irreplaceable. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is horrible!! I'm so sorry that these people are so heartless. :nono: Hoping for the best outcome for you.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry!!!! Sending lots of positive thoughts and dust that you get your ring back.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Sending good vibes for you. I bet you end up getting it back - they have to keep records, right?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane you have been on my mind ever since you posted about this horrible incident and I want you to know I am thinking of you and hoping for the best. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is a beautiful ring.. it's UNIQUE and what a gorgeous design!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results