carat
color
clarity

Jewelry purchase that you love and have no desire to upgrade

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just thinking...

What purchase have you made that you do NOT regret, and love and wear often, and to not feel the need to change or upgrade?

I've had my studs for four months, and have no current desire to upgrade or change them. In fact, I have trouble even considering buying another pair of earrings because I don't want to take these off. Weird huh? I guess in a good way... :twirl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Jewelry purchase that you love and have no desire to upg

Most of the pieces I have picked out myself that I still have.

1. My halo setting for my engagement ring from Steven Kirsch.
2. My diamond clover earrings from Pearlmans.
3. My Marguerite pendant from BGD
4. My emerald stacking ring (ebay).

I love them.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

1) My 3.768ct oec. Absolutely zero regret. In fact, if an identical twin stone pops up at the same price and I was given the opportunity it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

2) 5.5ctw+ carre/oec diamond platinum Hamilton watch. I don't wear it much, but I love it and have no desire to upgrade. That watch is a monstrosity of a watch and I adore it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh. And my Scott Kay platinum wedding band too. Love it.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would say that I LOVE both diamond bracelets (the .33s and the .20s FIY) that I bought from Wink. Have been wearing the larger one everyday for 10 years now and plan to wear the Fancy Intense Yellow one everyday too (been doing so since I received it 3 weeks ago).
Looking back at old emails, I received my first bracelet from Wink on 8/12/2004 ... yep so it HAS been TEN YEARS.

I am also perfectly happy with my 3.01 F-SI1 pear e-ring. I think it a perfect size for my size 4.25 finger. I have no desire to halo, or double halo it as I enjoy looking at the diamond itself.

Now I didn't say that I wouldn't be buying anymore diamonds though. There are plans in the works to buy a 2 ct CBI diamond in the future and to have it custom cut if the color-clarity combo is not available when I'm ready to buy.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

090710e[1].jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So far, my engagement ring and my mint garnet ring are absolute perfection. I guess my wedding bands too? But I'd like some more to stack. My blue zircon halo ring - I don't wear it too often because I'm afraid of knocking it and chipping the zircon, but it is sooooo pretty.

Basically all my earrings are fair game for upgrades.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Funny this question should come up this morning. I woke up thinking about how much I love this ring. It's a JA GIA 0.6 D/VVS2 that I bought on eBay and had set in a $250 gold twist. This is before I knew anything about diamonds, so I got really lucky - it's beautifully cut and I get as much pleasure from wearing it as I do any of my researched & obsessed-over larger stones. Serendipity.

ddiamond.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My OEC ER. My antique wedding bands.

All of my earrings are perfect for me and I don't feel the need or desire to increase the diamond size of any of them though I do have an eye on another vintage pair. Not an upgrade but just another pair for variety. And I am completely happy with my 2 main watches-Rolex and Cartier tank.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

I love my Genève watch with a diamond bezel & woven bracelet & never want another. My other favorite piece has no gems, but I love it so much I can't imagine ever parting with it -- an inch-wide bracelet of 18K rose gold filaments, hand made & hand-braided, that I bought from an estate jeweler. I never put it on without sending a mental thank-you to the woman, whoever she was, who first owned it.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Way too many items to list. :halo:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

In no particulate order:

A paved diamond puff heart pendant
A diamond halo ruby ring
1.19ct E VS1 EC that was my 40th birthday present to myself
Near 1cttw diamond studs that my mum gifted to me when I was young (I wear them with earring jackets nowadays)
Silver overtone round South Sea Pearls
Two strands of gem quality cultured Freshwater pearls, 8-9mm and 9-9.5mm

All the above spec'ed and purchased by myself, except for the diamond studs.

DK :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't have a desire to upgrade any of the few diamond pieces I own. I had DSS with my oec and considered upgrading but resetting it to a halo worked for me. I have 1 ctw studs and played around with going to 1.5, but after trying on my daughter's cz studs I realized I prefer the smaller stones on me. I have a 1 ctw 5 stone that I feel looks fine on my hand, I would just like to reset it someday. Also happy with the size of my .75 OEC pendant. Except for my ering, (love a big look on that lol) I've come to realize I'm fine with smaller carat weight pieces, they just fit in with my lifestyle better and I'm comfortable wearing them.

So glad you are loving your new studs LLJsmom! :appl:

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

Pretty much anything I've gotten in the past ten years I enjoy and would not change. But I wear rings and necklaces sporadically and infrequently.

However, every day I wear my diamond studs. One is cheapy daisy-look pair that I love to wear because I won't feel too badly if one falls out. My favorites (and the ones I wear the most) are my diamond halos. The center diamonds are only 1/2 ct each but that weight/size is perfect for my ears. They were my wedding present from my hubby :love:

I also love my Ebel watch that I got from Overstock ten years ago; they had a super sale and I couldn't pass it up. I used to buy a watch every two years (Skagen mostly) but I haven't bought a watch since I got that one. So cumfy and classic.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Ooooooo, gooooooooooooooood thread topic!

I think the pieces I have no desire to upgrade are the spectacular one-offs, the sentimental pieces, and the artistic pinnacles. Examples of each category:

Spectacular one-offs:
- my rough diamond rings - they're uniquely beautiful pieces of nature in and of themselves. I could picture getting additional ones, but not replacing them.
- my Edwardian ruby dinner ring - the workmanship on this can't be beat.
- my deco Cartier emerald & french cut three-stone
- my french-cut deco halo ring with the sapphire surround

Sentimental pieces:
- I would say MY WEDDING BAND, but as it still hasn't turned up ... looks like that one WILL need to be replaced eventually. :knockout:
- my pear diamond pendant
- my french cut ruby band that I got for my third anniversary ... it's possibly my favorite piece.
- the earrings my husband got me as a baby present when my son was born

Artistic pinnacles:
- these sort of overlap with the first category, and *can* overlap with the second, except that they're not one-offs: I'd put my Van Craeynest rings and my Sepkus band in this category.

I think most of these aren't necessarily the sorts of things you mean, though - more pieces that *could* conceivably be "upgraded"? I think for that to be applicable, you need some sort of objective qualitative valuation. You can go bigger or whiter or whatever with diamond pieces, but as soon as artistry or emotion gets involved, that flies out the window. The one exception might be with the truly exemplary or rare cuts, or on pieces where the price jump would be obscene. Like, I adore my 8ctw french cut bracelet, and I wouldn't be averse to going up in carat weight ... but for it to be even remotely visible, I'd need to go up in width by at least a mm, and that would bring me to around 12 carats, and probably cost me half again what the current one did. Not feasible with so many other beauties out in the world ....

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't regret any of my significant jewelry purchases. I may regret some of the gifts I was given without any of my input. As far as upgrading, that's still an open question in my mind. I recently lost one of my travel cz studs while traveling. I bought the replacements in larger ctw to test out whether I want to upgrade and they seem too big. So now I'm not so sure about upgrading even thought I was pretty set on that.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My diamond studs (3.2 TCW) and my Rolex.

I'm also not talking about "change" in this thread because if I switched a stone from one setting to antoher I'm not thinking of that as an upgrade.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whenever I get a new ring I think I'm done! Then another beauty comes along a few years later :angel:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My wedding set. I honestly think it's just perfect for me and my hand. I'm happy to add more to the collection but I will never change my actual wedding set.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

My 5ct cushion....well you just can't really upgrade from there. I think that is as large as I can go with a 5.5 finger.
My Cartier LOVE bracelet- Classic staple wish. I only wish instead of getting 1 with diamonds that I got 2 without!
My antique Edwardian ring with 1.19ct OEC. Everything about it takes my breath away.
My 5ct pink tourmaline ring in SS setting.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

Gladys, my 4ct OEC. I may upgrade her setting at some point but never the stone.

My 5th anniversary diamond halo jacket earrings. We had them made after my sister lost my wedding earrings (we were all devistated). They are in three pieces: 5mm stud, jacket, south sea pearl drop. What makes them perfect is changing out the stud. If I feel I need a change, get different studs.

My 1.36tcw halo studs (2 x 0.5ct centre stones, 24 x 1.5 pointers) Mr K bought me after Miss Almost three was born. They are the perfect size and I am far too sentimental to change them.

My original engagement ring and wedding band. I wear my wedding band every day. My engagemt ring doesn't get a lot of love nowadays but I am very sentimental about it.

My 38 inch strand of Baroque Tahitian Pearls. It's just the perfect strand.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

My e-ring (though I admit I have had thoughts about resetting, but never replacing the main stone);
My 2ctw BN bezel tennis bracelet;
My .5 ct yellow gold bezel necklace (stone bought from Fortekitty); and
My 1.08ctw OEC earring win from the Vegas GTG made by Love Affair Diamonds.

Everything else is fair game.

_412.png

_21514.jpg

barbara.png

lad.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Also a white gold diamond charm bracelet that I made myself, using charms, chain and findings purchased from Bella Findings.

I forgot about my 3 dress watches (a Balmain Haute Elegance, an Ebel Beluga and a Beluga Manchette) and a as I do not think about them as jewellery.

DK :))

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Andelain|1408521390|3736069 said:

Wonder why I can't post pics anymore. :confused:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

My oval in SS setting and my 1.7 ct oec studs with my IDJ jackets. Also, the rainbow of cabs I have that fit in the IDJ jackets...

I would never trade/upgrade any of those pieces.

The rest (albeit not much) is fair game....my three stone in the SS setting...love the design, wish the center stone/sides were larger. I love my Carl Blackburn rose/ white gold diamond band, but it's replaceable. If my holy grail were to turn up, I'd be willing to sell these pieces to finance it.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

1) My 2.21 ct OEC and antique setting with old cut marquise sidestones.

2) My .96 ctw bezeled OEC earrings.

3) My .70 ctw OEC rg bangle.

These are staple pieces that I wear everyday. I absolutely adore them and can't imagine ever parting with them.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My 1.53 ACA F VS1 diamond - the setting may not be around forever though

My Tiffany Etoile band

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My ACA .84 cttw F earrings, my ACA F 2.3 cttw eternity!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My Tiffany and Co Notes pendant and my plain 3mm band. And that's about it! I've regretted just about everything else and sold or returned it. I don't think bling is for me.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

yennyfire|1408573988|3736435 said:
My oval in SS setting and my 1.7 ct oec studs with my IDJ jackets. Also, the rainbow of cabs I have that fit in the IDJ jackets...

I would never trade/upgrade any of those pieces.

The rest (albeit not much) is fair game....my three stone in the SS setting...love the design, wish the center stone/sides were larger. I love my Carl Blackburn rose/ white gold diamond band, but it's replaceable. If my holy grail were to turn up, I'd be willing to sell these pieces to finance it.

Curious as to what the holy grail would be for you Yenny? Can I call dibs on the the 3 stone and CB?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results