shape
carat
color
clarity

Idea for an engagement ring- please tell me what you think!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi - I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks to all the regulars on here who have unknowingly helped me so far! I've been engaged for 2 1/2 years but having gone through a few vintage rings we eventually opted to wait until funds permitted. TBH I am not mind made up for definite but having loved both cushions and round brilliants in halos, I am now veering towards the latter. I really want something modern but unique. I love the harry winston belle ring but worry it is too cocktail ring esqe. I will not reset so this will be my forever setting. I am also unsure that I will like the squareness of the design compared to a round or elongated cushion. I recently found a vintage marquise ring which I loved. Do you think the two could be combined?

_21504.jpg

_21503.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Idea for an engagement ring- please tell me what you thi

So you want to put a mrb in the marquise setting?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

No I want to put it in a setting similar to the harry winston one - shape wise but I like the idea of using two strands of pave diamonds to go around it as per the marquise setting.

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock

Your post made me think of one of my favorite vintage rings:

I love the idea of a twisty/open halo with a MRB. So unique and delicate. Please keep us posted on your journey!

vintageopenhaloring.jpg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you for posting firemonkey that's an interesting ring. I am starting to feel the idea has definite possibility. I will try and do a sketch and post up and perhaps others might chime in then!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That would be good cause I can't picture what you are saying.

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium

CVB has a beautiful halo design similar to the HW you posted.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you. I will have a look! I tried to draw it out but I did not look great did not think it will help anyone to post the results!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock

Not exactly two intertwining strands of pave, but the head of this one has some similarities to your examples:
http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/halo/r0122.html

0122-f_1260_1.jpg

The shank is completely different though.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes it's lovely but for me, bordering on the look of a cocktail ring. I think I am probably going to end up going for a plainer halo style. I guess there's a reason why that look is do popular! I will start a new thread when I start looking for diamonds. Thanks for everyone's contributions!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results