color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

April20|1408492768|3735839 said:
I've been charting for six years, so I've had lots of time to watch my cycle. 99% of the time I have a 14 day LP. Occasionally I will have a 15 or 16 day LP (sometimes when it happens I'm not 100% sure of O date). So it could be you O'd a little later or this month it's just slightly "off". Probably not what you want to hear but with neg tests, it might be the case.

I'm sure that it's just a little fluctuation. I know when my OPK was positive, but I couldn't pinpoint ovulation this month exactly (usually I can totally pinpoint it). I looked at my cycles over the last year and a half, and there was one other month that I had a 14-day luteal phase. Usually it's 12 or 13. Haven't had one longer than 14 days in the last year and a half. My cycle is less reliable in recent years, though (I don't always ovulate on the same day, for example). I'm 38 and we're trying for our fifth baby now. All the others were also on purpose. It's amazing to me that I get just as caught up in it each time.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Tourmaline|1408480338|3735673 said:
Huff26|1408154607|3733369 said:
Tourmaline: happy freaking birthday! I hope it's fantastic and that you get some great presents and/or a nice dinner. I'm still crossing my fingers for you, I hope you don't mind! Are your kids back to school yet?

You and I posted at the same moment (a few days ago) and I didn't see your post. Thanks! The kids aren't back in school yet. It's another couple of weeks.

So...I am 14dpo, have gotten more BFNs, and my period was due yesterday. Driving me crazy.

Sorry about the BFNs, Tourmaline. They sure are disappointing!

I'm 7DPO now. I didn't temp this morning because again, I woke up thinking it was the morning and temped, only to find out it was 5 am. Of course I later woke up at 7 but hadn't been asleep long enough. It is funny how last month I was symptom spotting like a fiend, woke up super hot in the a.m., nauseous, etc. But this time my temps are messed, no symptoms or anything. And this time our timing was perfect (IMO). Sigh.

Ah well - it is only 7DPO. For all I know they little embryo is just burrowing in right now, right? :)

How is everyone else doing?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

15dpo, BFN. No period. I think it's because I was on a weight loss diet for 6 days after O. Messed with my body's rhythm.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Tourmaline|1408542990|3736184 said:
15dpo, BFN. No period. I think it's because I was on a weight loss diet for 6 days after O. Messed with my body's rhythm.

Do you have any other symptoms? Not everyone gets a BFP at 15DPO. Some people take longer for it to show...

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Tourmaline|1408542990|3736184 said:

Dieting shouldn't affect your LP. I think I read that you didn't chart? You likely just O'd later than you think you did.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I don't chart temps. I did use OPKs, and there were two days that were darkest. I usually ovulate 12 hours after the surge. This time I wasn't sure. I had a spot of pink in the middle of the day today, which is usually how my period starts. Nothing since then. I think it's probably the start of my period. In truth, though, I tested every day leading up to my second prengancy, and I didn't get a BFP until my period was 8 days late. The whole time, I felt as if my period was coming any second. I never had spotting, though, in the beginning of any of my 4 pregnancies. I think this is a slow-onset period.

Huff26

Rough_Rock

:wavey: Hi everyone!

Tourmaline: My cycle has been crazy loco this cycle with my new diet and meds so I hear you on that. I am so sorry you are 15 DPO with no positive but I'm hoping on the bright side on things that this means next month you will have a strong O. I think that you were right to stop your diet, even mid-cycle, because food has such a profound connection to our bodies. I mean in my case, eating carbs and sugar has kept me from having a regular ovulation for several years. I would just focus on being healthy. I hope that you feel better soon and that you can move on to your next cycle or that you get a BFP. Hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer as well.

MuffDog: You and I are on the same page right now. The 2ww, which has so many mood swings! How are you doing this cycle? Any symptoms? What kind of mattress did you wind up getting? Hopefully one that won't wear out with your current intentions :naughty:

AFM I finally had some lines on my tests last weekend and so we went for it. We probably only DTD once within the time frame we needed because my body has just crashed over the last week. I am not sure if it's the drugs, the new diet, or the fact that everything has just been so hectic lately. I am trying to work on not being such a darn perfectionist and giving it up to a higher power. We will see what the interviews this week bring.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Huff26|1408586170|3736571 said:
:wavey: Hi everyone!

Tourmaline: My cycle has been crazy loco this cycle with my new diet and meds so I hear you on that. I am so sorry you are 15 DPO with no positive but I'm hoping on the bright side on things that this means next month you will have a strong O. I think that you were right to stop your diet, even mid-cycle, because food has such a profound connection to our bodies. I mean in my case, eating carbs and sugar has kept me from having a regular ovulation for several years. I would just focus on being healthy. I hope that you feel better soon and that you can move on to your next cycle or that you get a BFP. Hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer as well.

MuffDog: You and I are on the same page right now. The 2ww, which has so many mood swings! How are you doing this cycle? Any symptoms? What kind of mattress did you wind up getting? Hopefully one that won't wear out with your current intentions :naughty:

AFM I finally had some lines on my tests last weekend and so we went for it. We probably only DTD once within the time frame we needed because my body has just crashed over the last week. I am not sure if it's the drugs, the new diet, or the fact that everything has just been so hectic lately. I am trying to work on not being such a darn perfectionist and giving it up to a higher power. We will see what the interviews this week bring.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Huff - sounds like you have been busy! As for as this cycle, it only takes once, right? I think perfectionists have an underlying level of stress that is way beyond what non-perfectionists can understand. It must be so much pressure to feel that way. I like that you are trying to breath and relax a bit - things work out as they should (interviews/jobs/etc) and however things turn out, I guarantee you will say "MAN I'm glad it happened the way it did".

AFM - 8DPO - zero symptoms - 3 negative pregnancy tests. I don't know why I'm even bothering with the tests this early (especially with no symptoms). I think it is because I have the cheap ones and I think...well...they are cheap! Plus I also am delusional enough to think "well, I was ovulating, we had lots of sex, so I MUST be pregnant". Sigh.

We ended up with a latex mattress. I've always wanted one and I'm really excited for it! It comes with 4 different layers of softness (firm, medium, soft, extra soft) and we can organize them in different combinations to adjust the comfort level. Neat eh?

Hope everyone is doing well...I'm so surprised that this thread is so slow. Last time around it was hopping!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

AF going on now, definitely. CD1 for me. This month I took a cheap test every time I peed, pretty much, because they are cheap, and I drove myself CRAZY! I am really going to try not to do that this month!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Tourmaline|1408639413|3736890 said:
AF going on now, definitely. CD1 for me. This month I took a cheap test every time I peed, pretty much, because they are cheap, and I drove myself CRAZY! I am really going to try not to do that this month!!

Crappy, Tourmaline. I'm sorry to hear that. However - CD1 means new start. Fresh cycle. Positive thoughts!! Oh and you get to booze this week :)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MuffDog|1408642109|3736924 said:
Oh and you get to booze this week :)

Haha! :)

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

This is a squinter guys - so get squinting!

august_2014_155_0.jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Here I ran it through an app that turns it into a negative (or something like that). IRL the line is pretty obvious!

august_2014_156.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I see that without tweaking! Test this afternoon, I bet it's a lot darker. My afternoon pee was always way better for the early tests.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

This one is easier to see, I think.

august_2014_157.jpg

PS OMG! I hope this is real - I don't feel anything (other than a bit chubbier than usual) so this feels kind of fake.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

MuffDog|1408732945|3737649 said:

august_2014_157.jpg

PS OMG! I hope this is real - I don't feel anything (other than a bit chubbier than usual) so this feels kind of fake.

No squinting required for that one - congratulations!!!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Congrats!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, Muff!!! I'm so excited for you!!!:)

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

No squinting needed for either of them. Congrats Muff!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I don't need to squint either. I see a line!

Huff26

Rough_Rock

pancake|1408736976|3737689 said:
MuffDog|1408732945|3737649 said:

august_2014_157.jpg

No squinting required for that one - congratulations!!!!!

CONGRATS MUFF!!!!!!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Thanks girls. I'm tentatively excited but it is still too early. Will keep testing to see if the line gets darker. I keep reading about chemical pregnancies so I am cautious. Crossing my fingers though!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, Muffdog!!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Congrats MuffDog! Wishing you darker lines if you keep testing. :)

CD2 here. AF came a couple days earlier than I expected. I'm pretty clear on when I ovulated so I do think it was early. I don't care, I'm just happy for a fresh month!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No squinting required Muff, that's a line orrite! :bigsmile: Fingers and toes crossed for you!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

April20|1408932236|3738774 said:
Congrats MuffDog! Wishing you darker lines if you keep testing. :)

CD2 here. AF came a couple days earlier than I expected. I'm pretty clear on when I ovulated so I do think it was early. I don't care, I'm just happy for a fresh month!

Haha...IF I keep testing? (I bought two more on the way to work...and plan to buy a bunch of dollar store ones on the way home! haha).

Sorry to hear about stupid AF - though I'm one of those who thought almost immediately after ovulations "well if you didn't fertilize and implant, get on with it!" just so I could start a new cycle. Fresh cycle, fresh start! Good luck :)

Huff26

Rough_Rock

Just a quick update on my end. BFN all around this week. We have had a ton of stress and hubby hasn't heard back from the job. This has been one of the toughest weeks in a long time. Hopefully things will get better soon

MuffDog congrats on your BFP again.

Tourmaline my friend, I hope you get the girl you are trying for!

April20: I hope this cycle is your month. At least no matter what we get to have fun trying! :naughty:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations MuffDog! I see that line for sure!

Tour, sorry about AF.

Huff, so sorry it's been such a stressful week for you guys.

AFM, it's CD 11, just got home from vacation today and back to work tomorrow after a nice 5 day break. I ovulated late last month and didn't take OPK with me on the trip but will start them tomorrow AM and see if I O any earlier this cycle. Oh, and I think I mentioned when I joined this thread again I had some stress about TTC while my sister was also TTC since it had been a longer path for her, well about 3 weeks ago she called me with the great news she was 10 weeks along and things are going great. So so happy about this, hoping she and I will get to be pregnant together now.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok ladies - I need some of your patience dust. I'm already getting frustrated by this process and we haven't even technically gotten started! :wall:

My cycle has gone all weird (assuming due to going off the pill) and as hubby is in the military he seems to be away at all the wrong times. We've already missed our chance last month & this month as he is away and now is possibly away on course again in October and again for most of the start of 2015. ;(

I did have to remind him that I would actually need HIM to have HIS child... :lol: We want to get pregnant quickly as it works out most favourably for my work/maternity leave etc but unless I'm suuuuuper lucky I'm just not seeing how I can get pregnant before this Christmas. I just wish he had told me he was ready earlier - we could have started TTC 6 months ago. It's like he thinks it will magically happen overnight... :think:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I was away for a few days and look what I missed! Congratulations, Muff!!!

I am on CD8 now. Another month, another try. I am determined not to test until I believe I can trust the result.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results