shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you believe there is a right and left sock?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Now, it isnt an OCD thing, but more karmic, i think...

Whenever there is hole that develops in a sock, say on the right 2nd toe area: everytime i get that pair of socks, unprejudiciously, that particular sock always ends up on my right foot and exposing THAT toe. i then have to change it so that it is on the left foot. And no, the other toes surprisingly don't fit into the hole.

karma...me thinks to get the needle and thread out to darn it or to buy another pair!!!

just curious if this or anything like this happens to anyone else out there in PS world.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im the worst person to ask.

I don't ever wear matching socks. Not to be "quirky" or anything, I'm just lazy. I wash my socks, don't bother matching them, throw them in a drawer and when i need socks i pull two out. as long as they are the same fabric and hight i wear them. If they match, GREAT! if they don't, i don't both changing them haha. I don't wear socks to work due to the type of shoes i wear, so its mostly when I'm going to my parents or MIL's house.

Anyways, no, i don't.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen socks labeled L and R since they are cut to fit the shape of the left and right foot better. Although there is a certain amount of stretch to socks, they do not bounce back to their original shape, hence you will find that one fits that foot better than the other sock. Either that or your second toe is entirely too tall compared to your other digits. :lol:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Niel what is it that u do that doesn't require socks??
Chrono- there is some height difference but not that much.. The holes start developing around 6-10mo on though that is a figure if speech as time just seems to fly by at the moment. So 6 mo could have been 12mo ago, if I tracked it properly!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg,
I think you are asking too much of your socks; 6 months is about the time to change your socks! :tongue:

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1408371012|3734772 said:
Greg,
I think you are asking too much of your socks; 6 months is about the time to change your socks! :tongue:

Is that 6 months of daily usage per pair of socks (ie if you have 6 pair of socks they should last 36 months :think: )

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy a lot of socks that do specifically have right and left. I develop holes in both big toes. When I was younger I would always get a tear in the left arch from this nail that stuck slightly up from the floor in my childhood bedroom - not enough to hurt yourself on but juuust enough to catch material on.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg, maybe you favor one leg/foot slightly over the other, causing more wear on your right sock.

I wear socks made specifically for the right and left feet (yes, they are labeled). Much better fit, wool blend with arch support, and they last forever.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one pair for each day of the work week and they last 12 months at best. I am not opposed to wearing socks that are somewhat worn at the toe section as long as my toes do not go all the way through and I do not need to remove my shoes at work or at the airport. :cheeky:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have left and right socks, but only because my feet are not evenly sized. I use a thicker sock to even out the smaller foot.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I can tell which dress sock is right and which is left because of the position where the sock is wearing thin....right at the balls of my feet. I think it's because I wear heeled booties which puts pressure on the balls of the feet.

I have athletic socks with are marked left and right because they are reinforced at specific areas to give more cushion.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
No. Because there isn't.

:bigsmile:

BTW, It wasn't until the 1600's that there were right and left SHOES . . .

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel|1408368917|3734743 said:
Im the worst person to ask.

I don't ever wear matching socks. Not to be "quirky" or anything, I'm just lazy. I wash my socks, don't bother matching them, throw them in a drawer and when i need socks i pull two out. as long as they are the same fabric and hight i wear them. If they match, GREAT! if they don't, i don't both changing them haha. I don't wear socks to work due to the type of shoes i wear, so its mostly when I'm going to my parents or MIL's house.

Anyways, no, i don't.

OMG, Niel, TWINSIES! I'm the same - my socks never ever match in color or pattern, just in type for comfort (same make/model, lol). My family mocks me, but I wear calf-height boots 10 months out of the year - who is ever gonna see my socks?!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the first I heard of there being a left and right sock.
Actually, it makes sense since the feet are not the same.

I've never seen them for sale.
Are they expensive and only at high-end stores?

Or, are you saying they are not manufactured as left and right, but some people just mark one regular sock and always wear it on the same foot?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These days every sock is a left sock for me as I only wear a sock with the boot (on the left foot) and on the right foot just sandals or ballet flats so no sock needed. However before this I never paid it any mind and any sock would fit either foot.
I understand people who want to keep one only for the left foot and right for the right foot but it never made a difference for me.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My kids' basketball socks and my athletic socks come marked because they are extra cushioned and reinforced in different parts of the foot.

_19024.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear sandals or flats all the time-- no need to fret over socks!!!! :dance:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1408398704|3735034 said:

Or, are you saying they are not manufactured as left and right, but some people just mark one regular sock and always wear it on the same foot?

The ones I wear are made by Keen. They're manufactured in the U.S. They are actually marketed to people who hike and do a lot of outdoor sports because
a. the extra material around the toes in "normal" socks is trimmed off. so you don't have any extra material bunching around the little toes, potentially causing blisters.
b. they're shaped like your feet are, and they have extra arch support/padding sewn into where you would typically need it.
c. they're a wool blend. wool is anti-microbial and wicks away moisture plus it dries faster than cotton.

I really like them. You can find them online easily with a quick search. Or you can find them at places that sell footwear for hikers, or for comfort or places that specialize in orthopedic footwear. I think they retail for around $18 these days, but figure in cost per wear and you're paying much less than replacing your cotton socks (which cause blisters and STINK) every few months. :bigsmile: No agenda here...I don't work for the place I sold them at any longer. I am just speaking from experience and wanted to share what I think is honestly a really great product.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1408398704|3735034 said:

Not at all, my socks were from Target (champs brand I believe)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clearly, I need to get out more. :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results