shape
carat
color
clarity

Any experience/thoughts on Amora Gem Ultra hearts & arrows?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

YoungFavor

Rough_Rock
Hi fellow Pricescopers:

I recently stumbled upon Amora Gem, particularly their Amora Gem Ultra H&A gem. It seems to good to be true. I have not seen much discussion around this gem in pricescope at all, but wanted to see if there were any opinions or thoughts that could be shared.

They claim to be better in every way possible to a mined diamond with the exact same specs, including more fire and brilliance
"Amora Gem is the world's newest and ultimate gem. It is the first and only lab-grown gem to surpass diamond in toughness, fire, brilliance and luster."

Is this the next best thing? Does it outperform any other man-made diamond or natural diamonds for that matter with the same 4 C's/specs? In person could it capture the same luster and optics which makes a diamond appealing...?

Ultimately, would this pass for a diamond to the naked eye of a causal on-looker who is passing by while in a normal light setting (like at a store, office, home)?

Would love to hear any thoughts. Thanks.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Any experience/thoughts on Amora Gem Ultra hearts & arro

Well, what they SAY they are is silicone carbide crystals. That's moissanite. Definitely not diamond. Given the restrictions to selling in the US, EU, Japan and about 20 other places, I think that's a pretty clear admission that it's a knockoff. Again, definitely not diamond. Is it any good? I don't know. Moissanite looks ok so I would think fake Moissanite would too. Would I wire hundreds of dollars to the Czech republic in order to get one? No way. If that's what you want, why not just buy the real thing?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I am totally not sure that this is an appropriate conversation for Pricescope, but in response to the questions.

It is a different crystalline structure than the moissanite crystal. It is beautiful in its own right, but I do not think it looks exactly like a diamond. It might pass to the casual observer, but there are better imitations, such as CZ, which is much more diamond like in appearance than moissanite. It is NOT a moissanite. I am not an authority on silicone carbide but I am told that it has many different crystal structures and that each has its own set of properties.

That is as much as I am comfortable saying here, given the prohibitions against discussions of simulants and imitations.

Wink

YoungFavor

Rough_Rock

Thanks all for your replies. I appreciate it. I did not realize the rules/unwritten rules of this forum. I just wanted to further educate myself and I believe the most knowledgeable and trustworthy people are gathered here. I was not quite sure if the Amora Gem fell in this category or not appropriately, I am now under the impression it does not. Furthermore I now understand, Pricescope is STRICTLY diamonds only! Ok cool.

I did think it was an interesting and wanted to see how too good to be true it really was.

Until the next time!

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock

rockhoundofficiando|1408241675|3734000 said:
YoungFavor|1406061038|3718477 said:
I was not quite sure if the Amora Gem fell in this category or not appropriately, I am now under the impression it does not. Furthermore I now understand, Pricescope is STRICTLY diamonds only! Ok cool.

Actually, Pricescope is not strictly diamonds. Discussion is allowed about any naturally occurring gemstone, even if synthetic.
However, CZ, Amora Gem, Moissanite are all fabricated gemstones. Even though they are formulated with some naturally occurring mineral "ingredients", they are not naturally occurring gems in and of themselves. In addition they are all diamond simulants. Pricescope terms of service limits discussion for these types of stones on both accounts.
I think there are other simulant centered sites around though. =)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think that since this is the lab grown forum it is ok to discuss. Is this wrong?

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

This is the lab grown diamond forum, but does not allow for any other lab grown gem (sapphire, alexandrite, moissanite, etc.) discussion to the best of my knowledge, as the sub-headings under the individual forums state "no man made gems", "natural gemstones" and "no simulants please".

Although, rockhoundofficiando did state we can discuss lab grown versions, so :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

To clarify, lab grown diamonds only in this forum. We do not allow discussion of any stimulants or other lab grown stones at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results