shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats with Vatche U113 prices

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
I was looking at the U113 and VC Gabriella settings, although I pretty much have decided on the Gabriella. However as the U113 setting is so popular I was wondering what is going on with the pricing these days.

I asked all vendors for a price which included my size 9 finger, 3.2 ct stone, 2mm shank and 90/10 platinum. I wasn't even going to ask ID jewellery but was curious after receiving these prices from the other 2 vendors. Normally I really wouldn't discuss prices in to much detail on here but there is quite a significant difference.

GOG Price $3800 and my details were confirmed back on the quote when I received it.
WF Price $2900 details confirmed, it was $500 cheaper until I requested the shank size of 2.3mm. It would probably be more again if I requested 2mm)
ID Jewellery $1900 with my details above.

What is up with this I though those prices may be only slightly higher than the $1900 with a larger diamond and finger size, nowhere near what I was quoted though.

Victor comes in a bit more than ID, but I expect to pay that as its hand forged.

Just curious to see what people have to say and to bring to the attention of people considering this setting.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
My understanding is that Vatche sets a minimum for each vendor and the vendor then charges what they want to make a profit. It's no surprise to me that Yekutiel at ID Jewelry gave you the best price.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess we are going to be ring twins! :)) Are you sending the stone back to Victor or having it set locally? Also, pave on the band at all? If so, you will need him to make you a spacer. Can't wait to see it! :appl:

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP, $1900 was also what I was quoted for the u113 for my 2 ct. stone, so I think you are getting quite a deal going IDJ. As it appears they are not upcharging you for the bigger setting. Going Victor sounds nice too, though!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
teobdl Well ID are kicking butt. There is no way on earth I would go through the other vendors, which Im am/would happily work with and normally recommend.

Mom2boys Yeah sorry about that :oops: But really I would like a mini M2B collection of your complete collection ESPECIALLY Ava!!! :love: After this set and my 9 stone, that is going to be my next big project :Up_to_something:
But to answer your question I will have it set locally although I will ask that he finishes off the prongs like he did with my emilya. Arh and the pave band.....I really am so tempted. I love his pave work sooooo much. I haven't gotten a quote for that which is probably a good thing. I don't really wear another band often, only if going out and want a little extra bling. But my question which I am debating over in my head is will the pave distract from my stone any, or will it add extra elegance to it. Im not in a rush to decide this time as I want this to be my last setting. I love the plain, and am wearing that now and still love it. But I love the pave to. :confused:

luvdajules Yes a great deal with ID jewellery and trust me if I chose to go down this path there obviously whom I would be going with.
But at this stage VC has only ever done right by me and ofcourse I have always loved mom2boys ring so that makes it a little easier.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Why was GOG so much more? Is this indicative of all of their settings?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. That is a HUGE price difference. You can also see what HPD would charge, as they do Vatche settings as well.

Vatche sets a MSRP for their settings that their authorized vendors are not "allowed" to go below, beyond that, the vendor sets their own price point. I believe for my Royal Crown--mind you for a smaller stone and smaller ring size but with shank modifications and prong tip modifications--I was at MSRP. I do know the jeweler did not make much on this project because it was such a disaster. But it was his first time (and mine) working with them (and you'd think they'd want it flawless...). These vendors all have much more experience dealing with them but that is a giant spread in price points. I am shocked that GOG is that much higher.

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
Paulav, I tried to contact IDJ through the email provided on their website for a quote on a setting but got no reply. Could you please share which method you contactd them? Thank you so much!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Sorry Im not sure Babs23r

Ame I know...I was shocked at this price from GOG, definitely wouldn't pay this price for that particular setting.

Daisyoz I just sent my request and details via the little "Contact Us" pop up screen that's come up when you enter the website. Im in Australia so it was outside of there business hours, however in saying that I received a response very quickly.

JoCoJenn Awesome thanks for the information, Im sure it will help PSers that are looking into this setting.

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
paulav|1408256478|3734103 said:

Daisyoz I just sent my request and details via the little "Contact Us" pop up screen that's come up when you enter the website. Im in Australia so it was outside of there business hours, however in saying that I received a response very quickly.

Thanks Paulav! I am in Australia too and also sent my request through that form. I was very disappointed at receiving no response at all as I have heard good things about their customer service. GOG on the other hand was very prompt and gave me a very good quote on a Gabriel setting I was interested in and I was very impressed with Irene's very nice "email manners".

I can't wait to see your VC Gabriella. It is such an elegant setting!!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Daisyoz|1408258371|3734111 said:
paulav|1408256478|3734103 said:

Thanks Paulav! I am in Australia too and also sent my request through that form. I was very disappointed at receiving no response at all as I have heard good things about their customer service. GOG on the other hand was very prompt and gave me a very good quote on a Gabriel setting I was interested in and I was very impressed with Irene's very nice "email manners".

I can't wait to see your VC Gabriella. It is such an elegant setting!!

Hi Daisyoz its a shame you didn't get a quote but sometimes I think request slip through the other side for whatever reason. If your happy with a GOGs price and service that's the way I would be going. Feeling comfortable with a vendor is very important for me especially since we are so far away. Hopefully we will see your new ring up soon. :appl:
Yes I agree that VC Gabriella is elegant...but Im not 100% on exactly what I do yet. :lol:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
The one from Since 1910 is quoted for white gold; if you want platinum, add $200 to bring it to $1900.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ame|1408244397|3734030 said:
WOW. That is a HUGE price difference. You can also see what HPD would charge, as they do Vatche settings as well.

Vatche sets a MSRP for their settings that their authorized vendors are not "allowed" to go below, beyond that, the vendor sets their own price point. I believe for my Royal Crown--mind you for a smaller stone and smaller ring size but with shank modifications and prong tip modifications--I was at MSRP. I do know the jeweler did not make much on this project because it was such a disaster. But it was his first time (and mine) working with them (and you'd think they'd want it flawless...). These vendors all have much more experience dealing with them but that is a giant spread in price points. I am shocked that GOG is that much higher.

Forgive this post if it's more for-the-sake of our family of Jewelers.

This is a business of honor and a jeweler's word is supposed to be his bond.

Ame is correct that we have given our word to honor the minimum prices Vatche will allow in return for the privilege of being Vatche dealers.

I am sad to say that the low quote received is below the price we have promised Vatche to honor.

As I don't know the whole story I have deleted some strong comments about honor and integrity, but hopefully those who make and honor their own business and personal agreements will understand my frustration on this issue.

My assistant spoke with Vatche about it and was told that we are not the only vendors to inquire about the value of the entire brand being cheapened by a seller who breaks the rules to steal a sale. They will be dealing with it from their end.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results